PDA

View Full Version : Anyone download the Haze demo?

DisturbedShifty
05-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I downloaded it the otehr day, and while it was neat, I dont see why everyone is hyping this game up. Sure it looks pretty and there no load times during level progression, but what is so spceial about it? Seems just like another shooter to me.

FinsNCanes
05-11-2008, 10:39 AM
I would have to check it out. I think the core of the game is multiplayer though so keep that in mind. If you read up on the stuff you can do in MP it's a little more interesting.

Greatness920
05-11-2008, 01:03 PM
i gotta try it out woo for new games lol

CitizenSnips
05-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Seems like it might have a decent storyline.

The game revolves around Mantel Global Industries, a multinational corporation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multinational_corporation) with bio-medical expertise.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haze_%28video_game%29#cite_note-trailer01-6) This has led to the development of Nova-Keto-Thyrazine - also called Nectar.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haze_%28video_game%29#cite_note-7), a nutritional supplement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_supplement) that enables soldiers to fight harder and smarter, but also induces a hallucinogenic effect, where soldiers are no longer cognizant of the real battlefield around them, instead viewing an idyllic, painless environment.
The game takes place over a three day period as Mantel battles a group of rebels, known as The Promise Hand, with the player assuming the role of Shane Carpenter, a 25 year old Mantel soldier. After Carpenter witnesses the effect Nectar is having on his fellow soldiers, and after a twist in the storyline Shane then turns rogue and teams up with The Promise Hand to take on Mantel.

Get Up And Go
05-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Seems like it might have a decent storyline.

I love the storyline. From what i've heard from developer interviews, with the enemy relying on Nectar it will allow the player to be inventive as to how he takes down the enemy.

Dolfan5000
05-25-2008, 09:22 PM
That game has generic suck written all over it...

Dolphin1184
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
It got a ridiculous review from IGN. 4.5 I believe.

Greatness920
05-28-2008, 01:23 AM
ign kinda sucks for reviews in my opinion but watever : D

the becktionary
05-28-2008, 01:40 AM
game looks pretty bad, and I'm tired of seeing the commercial every 5 mins

SKing29
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I played the Demo and me just say "Huge Letdown." :(

Get Up And Go
05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
I played the Demo and me just say "Huge Letdown." :(

I tried to let the game stand on its on and not think about expectations or other shooters. I thought the game was fun with some interesting killing methods.

6.8/10

QuenteK25
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
game looks pretty bad, and I'm tired of seeing the commercial every 5 mins

I just love how the commercial shows the guy unloading his gun into a tree for like 5 seconds at one point.

p.s. love the Beck sig, except the spammy link to JohnBeck.net ....makes me wonder if you're even a Fin fan or just here to mislead people into clicking that link.

CitizenSnips
05-30-2008, 02:40 PM
It's ver unfortunate to see this game sucked. I had hope for the storyline. From all that i've read the game just sucked horribly in execution. Also your off the nectar by like the 3rd level and that was the only small thing that made the game unigue.

Get Up And Go
05-31-2008, 12:46 AM
It's ver unfortunate to see this game sucked. I had hope for the storyline. From all that i've read the game just sucked horribly in execution. Also your off the nectar by like the 3rd level and that was the only small thing that made the game unigue.

You still use the Nectara as a weapon when you are a rebel. I think a lot of the bad reviews are a little unwarranted.

CitizenSnips
05-31-2008, 11:25 AM
You still use the Nectara as a weapon when you are a rebel. I think a lot of the bad reviews are a little unwarranted.

Well i meant using the nectar on yourself. I know you get to inject your enemies with it but that doesnt alter the gameplay. I feel like they were on to something with the Nectar and then abandoned it.

Scatman
06-30-2008, 11:12 PM
yeah game blows

illscriptures
07-02-2008, 02:29 AM
This is by far the worst game I have ever wasted my time on... and I haven't played it.

I could tell this game was just another area 51 or F.E.A.R. wanna be reject. Just like it but not the same... in all the bad ways.

Save your money for gears 2 or Civilizations Revolution.