PDA

View Full Version : i pose a serious question..

aquaattak
05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
i ask my FH bretheren for some advice on somehting that is killing me.

I've been an assistant coach for my sons baseball team all year, first base to be exact. I've developed a hell of a relationship with the coach and his family, which his son plays also on the team. Not that it may matter, but they just arrived to the US about 8 months ago from Cuba. After speaking to them and seeing the situation they are in, and hearing about things that have happened to them while staying at his in laws house, my wife and I have helped them with various things. We've become pretty close, going out on the weekend, etc. Recently, after a practice that the boys were made to run because of their horsing around, i asked his son why he wasnt running and he knows that this will incite his father..His response was, in english, i dont care. So his dad asked me what he said and i repeated it. After that, the ciach, his father tore into his kid and apparantely she didnt like it. In the parking lot, she approaches me, saying that she is sincere and asked me what was it that he said and i repeated it. SHe got pissed and walked away. Now, tonight she ignores me, the kid ignores me and there is a little obvious tension between me and coach. I ask to talk about it after practice and he says you know how moms are and i told him "do you really think i'd say something like that tude to cause issues at home for you and your family"?? Then i found out that his son is treating my kid like s@#$, threating to kick his *** or something...:shakeno:

Im seriously considering pulling my son out. THe playoffs start on Friday, adn he is due to recieve an award for Most improved (this is his first year playing) and i was going to do the presentations this sunday, because the coach cant speak english...Im at a total loss..sont know what to do..Advice please...

Miamian
05-14-2008, 01:50 AM
i ask my FH bretheren for some advice on somehting that is killing me.

I've been an assistant coach for my sons baseball team all year, first base to be exact. I've developed a hell of a relationship with the coach and his family, which his son plays also on the team. Not that it may matter, but they just arrived to the US about 8 months ago from Cuba. After speaking to them and seeing the situation they are in, and hearing about things that have happened to them while staying at his in laws house, my wife and I have helped them with various things. We've become pretty close, going out on the weekend, etc. Recently, after a practice that the boys were made to run because of their horsing around, i asked his son why he wasnt running and he knows that this will incite his father..His response was, in english, i dont care. So his dad asked me what he said and i repeated it. After that, the ciach, his father tore into his kid and apparantely she didnt like it. In the parking lot, she approaches me, saying that she is sincere and asked me what was it that he said and i repeated it. SHe got pissed and walked away. Now, tonight she ignores me, the kid ignores me and there is a little obvious tension between me and coach. I ask to talk about it after practice and he says you know how moms are and i told him "do you really think i'd say something like that tude to cause issues at home for you and your family"?? Then i found out that his son is treating my kid like s@#$, threating to kick his *** or something...:shakeno:

Im seriously considering pulling my son out. THe playoffs start on Friday, adn he is due to recieve an award for Most improved (this is his first year playing) and i was going to do the presentations this sunday, because the coach cant speak english...Im at a total loss..sont know what to do..Advice please... I've had a situation with my neighbors that I've been thinking about posting and I think that the same perspective applies: do what you can to help your fellow man/woman, but not to the point where it causes you harm.

aquaattak
05-14-2008, 06:56 AM
I've had a situation with my neighbors that I've been thinking about posting and I think that the same perspective applies: do what you can to help your fellow man/woman, but not to the point where it causes you harm.

I've tried discussing the situation with the coach and hes very non chalant about the situation. Of course, im sure at their household its been twisted around that im the one instigating problems, not the fact that all i did was relay what THEIR child said to me. What bothers me is that i consodered these people to be friends and i thought freinds, or moreover, ADULTS, confront each other and discuss in a civil manner what is going on. It now is seeping over to my kid and that is totally unacceptable.

Miamian
05-14-2008, 07:48 AM
I've tried discussing the situation with the coach and hes very non chalant about the situation. Of course, im sure at their household its been twisted around that im the one instigating problems, not the fact that all i did was relay what THEIR child said to me. What bothers me is that i consodered these people to be friends and i thought freinds, or moreover, ADULTS, confront each other and discuss in a civil manner what is going on. It now is seeping over to my kid and that is totally unacceptable.There may not be anything that you can do. If they are going to have the attitude that their child is an angel who never lies, there's probably not a lot that you could do to change that perspective. One day it's going to bite them in the arse.

You're in a tough situation regarding the awards presentation. If I was in your place I would do the presentation and that would be the end of the road. Cut off after that.

Layfield
05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Do what is best for your kid. Remember the baseball is for him and not you.

Let your son play and get his award.

FinsAreLife
05-14-2008, 05:41 PM
This is certainly a unique situation, i agree with doing what is best for your kid.

Lappy
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I would let the family as whole see your point of view. Have your son involved. I believe this will not only teach him some valuable life lessons but also teach him how to resolve conflict responsibly.

I strongly believe organized sports help mold a child.

This is a tricky situation in which you need to balance courage with consideration.

Let him play ball but only if the initial conversation with everybody involved goes as smoothly as humanly possible. If they are your friends regardless of culture I believe they will be responsive and appriciative.

phinphan896
05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
tell your kid to talk **** back

Hibachi
05-14-2008, 10:27 PM
maybe in cuba, they teach baseball different :rolleyes:

my advice next season is get on a team where they all speak english :rolleyes2:

RDS
1981 - 2007

Pretty ignorant comments from you "old buddy"

aquaattak
05-14-2008, 10:53 PM
be there for you son old buddy... you being their for his awards will mean more to him in the long run, then some's family opinion about you or what you did or said.

in my kids baseball league, when certain kids don't pay attention there ask to run a lap... this situation is know different based on your post that I read.

maybe in cuba, they teach baseball different :rolleyes:

my advice next season is get on a team where they all speak english :rolleyes2:

RDS
1981 - 2007

they actually take baseball pretty serious in Cuba, and everyone speaks spanish on the team and only two kids dont speak english so yeah, thanks for the input but please check your "ignorance" at the door.

greatwade
05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
have you considered tennis?

aquaattak
05-15-2008, 11:18 PM
have you considered tennis?

:rolleyes2:

greatwade
05-16-2008, 10:21 AM
pretty ignorant smiley. :(