PDA

View Full Version : Ricky in Tip-Top Shape

FinAtic8480
05-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Ricky Williams showed up to offseason workouts in "tip-top shape" and indicated he thinks the Dolphins will use a committee at running back this season.

Williams says he turned down Cedric Benson's invitation to join him for a recent Lake Travis boating trip. Smart move. In their first meeting, Ricky says Bill Parcells told him he'll share carries with Ronnie Brown this year. Parcells and coach Tony Sparano have long been fans of running back committees.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

Now, this is good News. I love Ricky and I hope he comes back better then ever. I can't wait to see the R & R Express once again.

Digital
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Ricky Williams is a rare talent. IMHO, when in his prime his talent was as good as anyone in the NFL ... but he's now old, brittle, and one strike away from a ban. Furthermore, he hasn't played very many snaps in the last few years, so, we don't even know if he still has the quickness, speed and power of old. If he does, and he stays consistently playing, I think he could be a huge benefit to this team. But, the odds are against it. This is a positive sign, no doubt, but I think Parmele was drafted to be the 2nd back in this RB by committee. Now it just remains to be seen which of our feature backs drops out of the lineup first, and Ricky has to be the favorite to win that race. :/

There's a forest of "if's" surrounding Ricky, but it's good to hear that one tree, camp fitness, has been chopped down. Let's hope he can get through the rest of the forest.

MiamiDolfan85
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM

Now, this is good News. I love Ricky and I hope he comes back better then ever. I can't wait to see the R & R Express once again.

WOW....what a really smart move by Ricky by not going on the trip...

(for those of you not knowing or confused as to why Ricky was invited in the first place,I'll clear it up for you....Ricky and Cedrick went at the same school,Texas)

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Now the question is

Is he in tip top shape for a 31 year old running back?

or is he in tip top shape for a foorball player?

Hoping to see the R&R express again, i fear is like hoping we will go to the super bowl this year.

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 08:47 PM
ricky is the most talented offensive player that has ever lined up behind a miami dolphins qb. and if you are gonna try and argue that all you are doing is judging him by his off field problems not his on the field skill set

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
ricky is the most talented offensive player that has ever lined up behind a miami dolphins qb. and if you are gonna try and argue that all you are doing is judging him by his off field problems not his on the field skill set

1. The correct tense to use is "was"

2. 2nd or 3rd best, the first two best played for our 72 team

3. This concludes your History and your English classes for today

EvilDylan
05-14-2008, 08:58 PM
If you think that older athletes can't perform, please see carl lewis, michael johnson, and athletes like evander holyfield.

EvilDylan
05-14-2008, 09:00 PM

LOL @ comparing a top athlete form 1972 to a current top athlete. Please come back to earth.

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 09:04 PM

First off man as an English major there was nothing wrong with is, and you can past tense it to was to make your point. Now to your point Ricky Williams skill set is far superior to Morris anZ zonk. It's no knock on them but Ricky did have the single greatest season a fin back has ever had with a trash o-line and a trash qb. Meanwhile your guys played with a hall of fame qb and a man who might be the greatest back up qb ever, and lets not mention how that team had a line good enough to make sure they scored just enough to go UNDEFEATED. Had Ricky not retired (and had drug issues) he would have been a sure fire first ballot hall of fame running back while your guys well only one of them is in the hall, and that took what 20 years, so there sir is your lesson in football knowledge.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
LOL @ comparing a top athlete form 1972 to a current top athlete. Please come back to earth.

i didnt compare them. the person that proclaimed ricky the best EVER behind a dolphin quarterback did. I was pointing out how that was incorrect.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
First off man as an English major there was nothing wrong with is, and you can past tense it to was to make your point. Now to your point Ricky Williams skill set is far superior to Morris anZ zonk. It's no knock on them but Ricky did have the single greatest season a fin back has ever had with a trash o-line and a trash qb. Meanwhile your guys played with a hall of fame qb and a man who might be the greatest back up qb ever, and lets not mention how that team had a line good enough to make sure they scored just enough to go UNDEFEATED. Had Ricky not retired (and had drug issues) he would have been a sure fire first ballot hall of fame running back while your guys well only one of them is in the hall, and that took what 20 years, so there sir is your lesson in football knowledge.

"Is" is TODAY- present. was is YESTERDAY- past. saying ricky "is" is just incorrect.

so your opinion is ricky is better than czonk is fine- i respect that everyone has the right to an opinion, even if it is wrong.

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
i didnt compare them. the person that proclaimed ricky the best EVER behind a dolphin quarterback did. I was pointing out how that was incorrect.
I did not compare **** dude i was making a statement. Ricky is a COMPLETE back while the other two simply are not one was a bruiser the other speed. Ricky was both, which in turn makes him better then either one

ticophin
05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Don`t count out Hilliard...Dude`s got some sweet moves and is strong as an ox...

XXXSURTAINXXX
05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
My favorite food "is" and will always be salisbury steak and mash taters with gravy and the little small perfectly seasoned english peas and kool-aid to wash it all down.

Oh yea, Ricky is far superior back and athlete than Csonka and Morris. Ricky carried that backfield by his lonesome and gained 1800 yards.

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
"Is" is TODAY- present. was is YESTERDAY- past. saying ricky "is" is just incorrect.

so your opinion is ricky is better than czonk is fine- i respect that everyone has the right to an opinion, even if it is wrong.
Ok you wanna live in the past its fine,
Csonka's Stats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CsonLa00.htm
At 31, 464 yds and one TD
Ricky's Stats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRi00.htm
Now if i knew you at all i would throw money down that ricky has a better year at 31 then Csonka did. Thus making use of the term is correct.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I did not compare **** dude i was making a statement. Ricky is a COMPLETE back while the other two simply are not one was a bruiser the other speed. Ricky was both, which in turn makes him better then either one

when you said best that is comparing them to the best backs of the past.
i say not a chance
but its your opinion- fine.

but me- if the game was on the line and it was 4th-1 with my choice of backs in dolphin history- no way i would take Williams. And for me thats the most important aspect of being a running back.

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 09:20 PM
when you said best that is comparing them to the best backs of the past.
i say not a chance
but its your opinion- fine.

but me- if the game was on the line and it was 4th-1 with my choice of backs in dolphin history- no way i would take Williams. And for me thats the most important aspect of being a running back.
That is understandable then if you are picking guy for 4th and one but my point was made solely on the point of him being the greatest all around back, not the best a one certain thing, but with this quote i see your point and now can respect your argument, although i am not buying it but ill buy this round lol :beer1:

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok you wanna live in the past its fine,
Csonka's Stats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CsonLa00.htm
At 31, 464 yds and one TD
Ricky's Stats
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillRi00.htm
Now if i knew you at all i would throw money down that ricky has a better year at 31 then Csonka did. Thus making use of the term is correct.

how about we just use their stats for age 30

Williams 6 carries for 15 yards for a 2.5 average
csonka 160 carries for 569 yards for a 3.6 average

Wow what a year difference will make

Bigjbizzle2
05-14-2008, 09:23 PM
how about we just use their stats for age 30

Williams 6 carries for 15 yards for a 2.5 average
csonka 160 carries for 569 yards for a 3.6 average

Wow what a year difference will make
lol Now that is funny. :lol:

EvilDylan
05-14-2008, 09:25 PM

Well if you are going to dish out "history" and "English" lessons, I guess I'm going to have to give you a reading and comprehension lesson. He said "talented" he didn't say best ever. Also I'm pretty sure that RW had the most yards in a single season for the dolphins.

Get your stuff straight before you try to be insulting please.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
lol Now that is funny. :lol:

you are alright we have different opinions but thats fine.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Well if you are going to dish out "history" and "English" lessons, I guess I'm going to have to give you a reading and comprehension lesson. He said "talented" he didn't say best ever. Also I'm pretty sure that RW had the most yards in a single season for the dolphins.

Get your stuff straight before you try to be insulting please.

1. i never insulted
2. please- please tell me when in history the most talented turned out not to be the best.

EvilDylan
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
1. i never insulted
2. please- please tell me when in history the most talented turned out not to be the best.

Ok maybe not insulting, but definitely condescending.

And to answer #2, hm I'd say that this past years super bowl, the more talented team was not the champion.

Mike powell holds the long jump world record, yet carl lewis was infinitely more talented.

Matt Hughes beat George St. Pierre, yet GSP was a more talented athlete and fighter.

It happens all the time.

Talent does not always equal the best. Although I do think that RW is a better, more talented back than csonka.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok maybe not insulting, but definitely condescending.

And to answer #2, hm I'd say that this past years super bowl, the more talented team was not the champion.

Mike powell holds the long jump world record, yet carl lewis was infinitely more talented.

Matt Hughes beat George St. Pierre, yet GSP was a more talented athlete and fighter.

It happens all the time.

Talent does not always equal the best. Although I do think that RW is a better, more talented back than csonka.

Letís go with football since that is what I know best.
Was New England the more talented team?
I can bet a lot of people will say no. I think most would agree that talent is weighed heavily by opinion.... the word best can be taken the same way.

Honestly since both are more often than not based on opinion they are quite often used interchangeably.

Oh and you are right- I can be condescending at times- but I usually back off or make up for it at a later time.

Everyone has faults

EvilDylan
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Letís go with football since that is what I know best.
Was New England the more talented team?
I can bet a lot of people will say no. I think most would agree that talent is weighed heavily by opinion.... the word best can be taken the same way.

Honestly since both are more often than not based on opinion they are quite often used interchangeably.

Oh and you are right- I can be condescending at times- but I usually back off or make up for it at a later time.

Everyone has faults

If you are going to nitpick at the definition of talent, and whether or not it is subjective (which it is, along with your opinion of csonka and morris being the best ever) then I am through with you and your circular arguments.

Also maybe you should try to work on that problem with being condescending. No one likes it.

acmeanvil49
05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Crud I missed another English and History lesson.

Can I use somebody's notes before the test?

X-Pacolypse
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM

I think that distinction goes to Larry Csonka before Ricky Williams.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 09:54 PM
If you are going to nitpick at the definition of talent, and whether or not it is subjective (which it is, along with your opinion of csonka and morris being the best ever) then I am through with you and your circular arguments.

Also maybe you should try to work on that problem with being condescending. No one likes it.

i never said anyone liked it but some do take it with the humor it is presented with. but did you notice that the person i had a disagreement with and i ended our discussion on a positive note. Yes I have my faults HOWEVER i do have good points also.

Oh and one last thing-
its funny that you use nitpick when

it was you that jumped in and said COME DOWN TO EARTH and stop comparing williams to csonka because they are decades apart.

did that really add to the conversaton or was it just a little nitpicky

Finfang
05-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Lets get back on topic please.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I noticed you tried to do that. But bro it's May and some fans will do anything including keeping and arguement going to get to past time to pre-season.

Don't take it personal. They are dedicated fans just like you. But you are on some serious Chief Wahoo if you think Larry is a better back than Ricky.

Just my opinion. BTW Oprah Winfrey left buttcheek is bigger than her right.

i dont take it personally actually

Its funny i think the same thing when i hear the arguement that williams is better than csonka :shakeno:

The Goat
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
1. i never insulted

Re: 2...

Gale Sayers
Len Bias
Ralph Sampson
Billy Sims

I can go on if you'd like.

Point is - drugs and injuries can certainly make the most talented not equate to being the best.

XXXSURTAINXXX
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I feel you....I get that mad when people say another QB was or is better than Marino just because they achieved a "team" achievement. Knowing Dan played when there were no rules protecting recievers and he still achieved greatness. i hate the baztards who say other wise.

BTW Elmer Fudd sports a mullett now.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah Marvin the Martian sells avon for Mary Kay in his pink Ford Pinto with 20 inch spinners.

My question is how did you know this

are you stalking me? :woot:

XXXSURTAINXXX
05-14-2008, 10:09 PM

Gale Sayers
Len Bias
Ralph Sampson
Billy Sims

Point is - drugs and injuries can certainly make the most talented not equate to being the best.

Billy Sims was a bad boy though.

The Goat
05-14-2008, 10:10 PM
That is understandable then if you are picking guy for 4th and one but my point was made solely on the point of him being the greatest all around back, not the best a one certain thing, but with this quote i see your point and now can respect your argument, although i am not buying it but ill buy this round lol :beer1:

Please define "complete". Wouldn't that include catching passes, not fumbling, and blocking? Please define "complete."

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I feel you....I get that mad when people say another QB was or is better than Marino just because they achieved a "team" achievement. Knowing Dan played when there were no rules protecting recievers and he still achieved greatness. i hate the baztards who say other wise.

BTW Elmer Fudd sports a mullett now.

kind of like comparing williams to csonka- we all know where the talent was.

BTW you are blocking my view of venus.

The Goat
05-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Billy Sims was a bad boy though.

Absolutely.

He was also one of the most freakishly talented running backs I've ever seen.

Kinda like someone else we know.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 10:13 PM

Gale Sayers
Len Bias
Ralph Sampson
Billy Sims

problem is 50 people make a top ten list of the most talented
and of the top ten best.

all 50 would be different, all 50 would have names shared by both lists. like best and talent its all subjective

The Goat
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
problem is 50 people make a top ten list of the most talented
and of the top ten best.

all 50 would be different, all 50 would have names shared by both lists. like best and talent its all subjective

Agreed about the subjective part. However, I don't think that aside from maybe Sayers, any of those I listed would end up on any "top ten best" list.

Althought...looking back, I don't think that was the point you wee trying to make. Didn't mean to send the thread off on a tangent.

dreamwalker
05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Agreed about the subjective part. However, I don't think that aside from maybe Sayers, any of those I listed would end up on any "top ten best" list.

Althought...looking back, I don't think that was the point you wee trying to make. Didn't mean to send the thread off on a tangent.

well when they sent us off to the depths of the sea threads it stopped being important :sidelol:

the arguments were fun while they lasted!