PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Announces Grand Theft Auto Double Pack for XBOX and PS2

AngryDolphins
09-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Rockstar Announces Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack To Ship This Fall On Xbox and PlayStationテつョ2

September 3, 2003: Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that it plans to ship the award-winning Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City as a "double pack" for both the PlayStationテつョ2 computer entertainment system and the Xboxテつョ video game system from Microsoft. The Grand Theft Auto "double pack" is set to hit shelves in North America on October 22, 2003 for PlayStationテつョ2 and on November 4, 2003 for Xbox.

Developed by Rockstar North, the Grand Theft Auto franchise has long been applauded and praised for its expansive and open-ended gameplay, cinematic scripts, and epic soundtracks. Since its introduction in 1997, the franchise has received countless awards of excellence and universal critical acclaim. With sales of more than 25 million units worldwide, Grand Theft Auto is one of the most recognized franchises in the history of the videogame marketplace.

VanDolPhan
09-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Any word if they are going to update it since the Xbox can run significantly better graphics?

AngryDolphins
09-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Yea they said it will have better graphics..but no word on yet if it will support custom sountrack.

Prime Time
09-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Angry....please post the link to the site and no the whole article. Copyrights could get Finheaven sued and brought down If you post the whole article....so post a part of it with the link or just post the link ok?

MarinoFan4Life
09-06-2003, 12:24 AM
GTA ON THE BOX!? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! It would make the X-Box the best system without a doubt. The only question mark I had was the GTA series... but if that comes out for the box.... I'll be so psyched. Hopefully I made the right choice a year ago when I bought the box

Prime Time
09-06-2003, 01:17 AM
The Xbox is good but the games cannot touch the PS2s games.

AngryDolphins
09-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Angry....please post the link to the site and no the whole article. Copyrights could get Finheaven sued and brought down If you post the whole article....so post a part of it with the link or just post the link ok? Its from a gaming journalist site and they told me I can copy it..they only let ppl who are admins or post news for gaming sites..

AngryDolphins
09-06-2003, 09:30 AM
I cant link you to the place because you need a password..but if you dont believe me you can go to rockstargames.com..ign.com or gamespot.com.

AngryDolphins
09-06-2003, 09:31 AM
The Xbox is good but the games cannot touch the PS2s games. What games are those? :lol: you guys dont have any more "GTA excuses"

Prime Time
09-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Winning Eleven...Grand Turismo....etc.

AngryDolphins
09-06-2003, 12:25 PM
wow no1 really cant touch that :rolleyes:

Prime Time
09-06-2003, 12:49 PM
They haven't.....don't forget Need 4 Speed :D

XoPhinsoX
09-06-2003, 02:20 PM

True, but give XBOX a few more years like PS2 has ;).

Then everyone will be saying XBOX owns the new PS3 coming out (it's called something else though). **** runs smoother on the XBOX (obviously).

AngryDolphins
09-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Then xbox 2 is out..woot woot..anyways prime time need for speed is out for the xbox also..

!PapaCrunk81!
09-06-2003, 03:12 PM

:rolleyes:

XoPhinsoX
09-06-2003, 04:48 PM
The gamecube doesn't get enough love. My friend has it and it's got some good games.

Smash Bros Melee is ownage and FZERO looks like the ****.

Prime Time
09-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk

I can do that too

Kamikaze
09-07-2003, 01:21 AM
For us RPGamers, the Xbox offers almost nothing. And since I own a PC, the Xbox offers me nothing at all. :P

!PapaCrunk81!
09-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
The gamecube doesn't get enough love. My friend has it and it's got some good games.

Smash Bros Melee is ownage and FZERO looks like the ****.

I have a PS2 and a GameCube and enjoy each for what they both bring to the table. Smash Brothers Melee is an awesome time, especially with all four players against each other. Metroid Prime is the sheet as well. IT seems like anything made directly by Nintendo will always be golden. I'm looking forward to the next Mario Kart game on the Cube, I think some or all copies will have the N64 version packed with it as well. And yes, the Super Nintendo version of Mario Kart was pretty darn good. I love the PS2 for its wide array of games, especially title like Gran Turismo, Vice City, and the Castlevania lines, but then again there are too many to list. A buddy of mine has an X-Box, and Halo can be played and played without getting boring. I do like the ability to load up your own music to some of the games out there. I'm a big fan of wrestling games, more importantly the Wrestlemania and No Mercy games for the N64. I love the style of gameplay, and even though the creat-awrestler may not be as deep as others, I love that function the most. I think it'd be cool if the same company respoinsible for No Mercy could make a similar game on the X-Box and have your own intro music loaded up for your created wrestle. Or, you could always upload their current theme as well to the established wrestlers. Oh, and to beat someone to it, I know the current wrestling product out there right now isn't the strongest.

AngryDolphins
09-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Yea I loved no mercy.. I still have it. And now im waiting for Raw 2 which will be like it on the xbox.

VanDolPhan
09-07-2003, 02:47 PM
First: Xbox has the 7 gig harddrive which is great for ripping cd's to. With MechAssault there are downloadable maps etc and Xbox live is solid.

I've enjoyed Halo, Knights of the Old Republic, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and I'm eagerly awaiting Fable. Brute Force and MechAssault were pretty fun also.