PDA

View Full Version : Worst Cities for Road Rage Revealed

BAMAPHIN 22
05-15-2008, 11:46 PM
For the third consecutive year Miami has been voted the worst American city for road rage, according to a new survey.

The sunny Florida metropolis topped the poll of 25 cities because its drivers were the least courteous and most likely to run red lights, speed, text and talk on cell phone while driving.

http://www.blackvoices.com/newsarticle/_a/worst-cities-for-road-rage-revealed/20080515112309990001

Miamian
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Surprise, surprise.

I think that PC has taken over here with this:

"The primary factor that we see year after year is that the Miami area is a combustible mix of two cultures on the road, and that is retirees out on a long leisurely drive, and young professionals on their way to work," said Todd Smith, of AutoVantage, a national auto club that commissioned the poll.

They should add that as a percentage, in Miami much more than other cities, more people learned to drive in places where there aren't any rules or they may exist but everyone, including the police, regard them as discretionary.

SpurzN703
05-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Though not a city, from personal experience, drivers from Maryland are pretty damn aggressive. Not all but a lot :)

Bumpus
05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Though not a city, from personal experience, drivers from Maryland are pretty damn aggressive. Not all but a lot :)

I've noticed that too.

SabanHater
05-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm surprised Philly isn't on that list.
People around here drive like @$$#0!#$

SpurzN703
05-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I've noticed that too.

Of course a lot of the folks around here drive like their nuts are on fire so....

CharlestonPhan
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
those Maryland plates you are seeing are probably from the DC area. people do some stupid stuff up there on the roads.

but in my travels along I-95 from Miami to New England thru the years, i have noticed that all sanity is lost north of DC. from there thru Boston (at least, haven't driven farther north) stupidity on the roads is the rule, not the exception.

couple that with all the government built traffic jams, known as toll booths, about every ten miles along 95 north of DC, and it is nerve wracking. you take your life in your hands driving with those morons in the north.

SpurzN703
05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
those Maryland plates you are seeing are probably from the DC area. people do some stupid stuff up there on the roads.

but in my travels along I-95 from Miami to New England thru the years, i have noticed that all sanity is lost north of DC. from there thru Boston (at least, haven't driven farther north) stupidity on the roads is the rule, not the exception.

couple that with all the government built traffic jams, known as toll booths, about every ten miles along 95 north of DC, and it is nerve wracking. you take your life in your hands driving with those morons in the north.

Yeah going to New Jersey is certainly a treat but then again, everywhere I've ever been, there's always douches on the roads. People are just in a big hurry to get no place fast.