PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09 Will You Get it Yes Or No?

xxAQUA JOSHUAxx
05-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Almost madden 09 time looks pretty awsome judging by the new videos but what do u guys think about it and are you going to buy it this year?

Arsenal WV
05-18-2008, 11:08 PM
This should be in the gaming forum....but yes...

#1 Fan
05-18-2008, 11:18 PM
no

phinphan896
05-18-2008, 11:32 PM
NO, im not getting madden til the dolphins are good again

Miami 13
05-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Nope, screw EA.

WeVie
05-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I will give it one more try and see how it is but if i am disappointed again i will not buy it again. The only reason i will get it this time is i have a ps3 and did'nt last year.

dolfan2334
05-19-2008, 12:30 AM
I'll play a friends first, then go from there based on how the Dolphins team looks.

(I say this prob. every year and then always end up buying it, so yea)

Dolfan32323
05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
No. I regret buying it every year. I'll stick to NCAA or whatever 2k puts out.

Denverfinfan
05-19-2008, 12:31 PM
nope

PhinzN703
05-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Don't own a system so....

No :wink:

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
No

Last years was awful

for the minimal changes they will make, it's not worth the 60

phinmania
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
probably, the changes there making look good,maybe it will be worth it, i'll end up getting it

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I saw a funny post about madden one time

It was something to the effect of "80 new changes for Madden 09!"

Then it listed the changes as:

80. New Coverboy
79-02. New Songs
01. Updated Rosters

spydertl79
05-19-2008, 06:18 PM
NCAA all the way!

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I love NCAA and i will certainly be getting that this year

Amars
05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
nope. Bought madden for 6 years straight when I finally realized that the last couple of years nothing changed. I like my madden from the genesis days though. Madden 94 all the way.

phinphan896
05-19-2008, 11:15 PM
ncaa 09 ftw!!!

HurriPhin
05-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Nope. I've got '08 & I'm pretty sure the Fins will suck in '09 so I'll wait till next year.

Noodle Arm
05-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Does anybody know when EA's monopoly...ooops, I mean agreement with the NFL ends?

What used to make Madden rise above the rest was competition. Remember the good ol' Madden vs. Gameday days? *single tear* Now EA has turned the Madden franchise into that hot girl who had an awesome body...until she got married and decided to let herself go. Madden games are a lazy, couch potato, soap opera watching, Little Debbie snack cake eating fat***! :boohoo:

Itsdahumidity
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Does anybody know when EA's monopoly...ooops, I mean agreement with the NFL ends?

I'd say around Neverary 32nd. If all of a sudden EA & the NFL gets tired of making money and guilt from creative laziness overwhelms them, then we can get our hopes up high. Like many I fell victim to EA because of my love for the sport, but promised myself until drastic changes to the game are made for the better, never again. Now, if only millions of other gamers would join me...

StormSurge
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Gamefly

CitizenSnips
05-21-2008, 10:47 AM

What used to make Madden rise above the rest was competition. Remember the good ol' Madden vs. Gameday days? *single tear* Now EA has turned the Madden franchise into that hot girl who had an awesome body...until she got married and decided to let herself go. Madden games are a lazy, couch potato, soap opera watching, Little Debbie snack cake eating fat***! :boohoo:

It was supposed to be up in 09, it got extended to 2012 though. Dont expect EA to let go of that either.

Phinz420
05-21-2008, 01:36 PM
It was supposed to be up in 09, it got extended to 2012 though. Dont expect EA to let go of that either.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DcRy82
05-21-2008, 03:05 PM
ill be getting madden, i do every year... and i dont know why you knock the changes on madden but like NCAA because nothing ever changes in ncaa, its the same game every year. If you have a next gen system then you should know that they have only scratched the surface of what they will be capable of doing with games in the future. every year, madden has gotten better since '06 so i dont know what some of you are talking about. and why are some of you only getting the game when th phins are "good".. just cuz they arent that good in real life, you can be good with them if you know how to play the game. i have only lost 1 time when i was the dolphins. not saying im all world or anything, but just cuz the team sucks doesnt mean you cant be good with them in the game.

QuenteK25
05-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll be getting both, NCAA and Madden. Love em both.

Shameless plug....this is how I'll be getting them for practically free.
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f46/another-free-stuff-method-217022.html

the becktionary
05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
do we have a real choice?

I'll be starved for football, and will end up getting madden

Greatness920
05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
ill wait for thbe reviews then prolly buy it cuz madden is just a musst have i mean its football gosh lol

CitizenSnips
05-22-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and stick up for Madden. They're doing more this year then they have done the past 5 years. The graphics have gotten a complete overhaul, there's actually going to be real announcers this year, they've adjusted the camera so you see more of the field when passing, and it looks like they'e finally going to do something with the receiver animations this year.

In IGNs hands on they talk about how the receiver will actually adjust to the ball for the first time ever instead of just doing a stale animation that will miss the ball completely.

Im excited for madden this year, like I am every year. NCAA is fantastic as well, but nothing beats rockin the aqua and white.

Dolphin1184
05-22-2008, 04:21 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and stick up for Madden. They're doing more this year then they have done the past 5 years. The graphics have gotten a complete overhaul, there's actually going to be real announcers this year, they've adjusted the camera so you see more of the field when passing, and it looks like they'e finally going to do something with the receiver animations this year.

In IGNs hands on they talk about how the receiver will actually adjust to the ball for the first time ever instead of just doing a stale animation that will miss the ball completely.

Im excited for madden this year, like I am every year. NCAA is fantastic as well, but nothing beats rockin the aqua and white.

I just hope I can tolerate Chris Collinsworth. They could have chosen Al Michaels, Brad Nessler, Joe Buck, Mike Tirico. I have never heard Collinsworth as being a play-by-play. But hey, it beats the generic radio announcer I guess.

CitizenSnips
05-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Well i won't say that im 'thrilled' they're goinng with collinsworth, but at least, as you said, its not the radio announcer. We'll see. It's actually one of the things im most looking forward to, seeing whether or not I can stand him.

footballer
05-23-2008, 12:48 PM
madden " I defeat all man" 09 will rock kid.

PublixSubsRule
05-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I bought 07 for PS3 and was really upset with the game. I know that was the first game out for PS3 madden but come on that game was horrible. The Franchise mode blew.

Because of the bad game I did not buy 08 for the PS3, I did buy it for the PS2 and it was pretty fun. I also heard from a friend 08 was a lot better than 07, so right now its looking like i might buy 09, but not sure.

NCAA 09 is already in the bag. I buy that game every year!

jmenjes
05-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Maybe. I'll wait for the reviews and decide then if I'll pick the game up for the Wii.

Predaphin
05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
After all the reviews I have read on Madden 09, I have decided to give EAsports another chance.

Last year's Madden was horrible and I said I would not buy another Madden game until they have completely revolutionized the game. Well, it looks like this madden might be just that. I have read that this year's Madden will be the biggest jump from any Madden of years past. After reading all reviews and watching trailers, it seems this could be true.

Therefore, I will give Madden 09 one more shot. If it dissapoints me in the same form it did last year, rest assured I will not be buying Madden for years to come.

CitizenSnips
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
After all the reviews I have read on Madden 09, I have decided to give EAsports another chance.

Last year's Madden was horrible and I said I would not buy another Madden game until they have completely revolutionized the game. Well, it looks like this madden might be just that. I have read that this year's Madden will be the biggest jump from any Madden of years past. After reading all reviews and watching trailers, it seems this could be true.

Therefore, I will give Madden 09 one more shot. If it dissapoints me in the same form it did last year, rest assured I will not be buying Madden for years to come.

Well they actually fired the head of the madden team because it wasn't making significant enough changes from year to year. The guy (His name was David Ortiz actually) was basically held responsible for the fact that Madden would only have 5 new features every year, where as Madden 09 is being said to have around 80 new features.

Now 80s a bit much, but i do believe they're making a ton of changes. Graphically the game looks better then it ever has before.

footballer
05-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Maybe. I'll wait for the reviews and decide then if I'll pick the game up for the Wii.

wait for the reviews? hmm- its an atuomatic for me, regardless- they may not "upgrade" the game every year in a revolutionary state, but the very least it would be is good- maybe not great, but its EA, their number 1 franchise, and they wont put out suck-
but i do understand waiting for the wii review of the game....- maybe get a 360 and join us in the next gen---

jmenjes
05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Actually, I have both a 360 and Wii. It's just that the Wii gets a lot more use than the 360 does.

CitizenSnips
05-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Actually, I have both a 360 and Wii. It's just that the Wii gets a lot more use than the 360 does.

the wii version is going to be a bit different then the 360 version. The wii version is gonna have a feature where you can 'draw' your wrs routes on the fly. It sounds cool but not something that's gonna make me get the wii version over the 360 version.