PDA

View Full Version : Threads i'm sick of:

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
1. NEW EVIDENCE FROM SPYGATE! - The Patriots aren't the only team to steal signals, if we want to act like naive fools we can believe that they are, but thats ridiculous, thus calling them CHEATERS because of it hypocrisy. That was when Spygate was a relevant topic, which it no longer is, Matt Walsh has nothing new on the Patriots and if he does he's saving it for his soon to be announced million dollar MATT WALSH REVEALS ALL (or nothing) book deal.

2. Guess who got cut..../we should sign..... - "OH MY GOD! GUESS WHO JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON *Insert Name here* AND HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!?" I personally dont even mind the "we should sign this guy...." threads, but the ones that are for the signing of convicts, felons, known trouble makers, guys with attitude problems, or the criminal element in general need to stop.

3. Jason Taylor is a traitor/communist - To the people who legitimately think Jason Taylor's dancing with the stars career is detrimental to the team, get your heads checked. If you want to believe these ludicrous things, believe them to yourself because any intelligent Dolphin fan knows that Jason Taylor has given blood sweat and tears to this organization for his entire career. Would never intentionally hurt the team, and isn't SELFISH just because he wants to further his activities when his playing days end.

AND I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

retired opfinistic
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
You are not alone.

IceStorm
05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Jason Taylor is a communist? Wow, he doesn't look jewish. :D

Dolfan1000
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Get over it.

Or, add:

4. Complaints over threads that you are not forced to read.

SuperMarksBros.
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Beck sucks/Trade Beck/Cut Beck/Beck rules/Beck is a HOF'er/I saw Beck walk on water

fatkirstyalley
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
What about the Jake Long is Left Handed threads?

retired opfinistic
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
RDS.com threads.

feelthepain
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
1. NEW EVIDENCE FROM SPYGATE! - The Patriots aren't the only team to steal signals, if we want to act like naive fools we can believe that they are, but thats ridiculous, thus calling them CHEATERS because of it hypocrisy. That was when Spygate was a relevant topic, which it no longer is, Matt Walsh has nothing new on the Patriots and if he does he's saving it for his soon to be announced million dollar MATT WALSH REVEALS ALL (or nothing) book deal.

2. Guess who got cut..../we should sign..... - "OH MY GOD! GUESS WHO JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON *Insert Name here* AND HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!?" I personally dont even mind the "we should sign this guy...." threads, but the ones that are for the signing of convicts, felons, known trouble makers, guys with attitude problems, or the criminal element in general need to stop.

3. Jason Taylor is a traitor/communist - To the people who legitimately think Jason Taylor's dancing with the stars career is detrimental to the team, get your heads checked. If you want to believe these ludicrous things, believe them to yourself because any intelligent Dolphin fan knows that Jason Taylor has given blood sweat and tears to this organization for his entire career. Would never intentionally hurt the team, and isn't SELFISH just because he wants to further his activities when his playing days end.

I hate it when people complain about their options. Read what you like and don't read what you don't like....it's not a tough concept.

fatkirstyalley
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
What about the Juan Heron threads?

burger13
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't like most of those threads either (although occaissionaly a guy is going to become available who you would like to sign....like Odell Thurman)

But you forgot one kind that I can't stand:

4. The STOP MAKING THESE THREADS thread....where the poster picks a topic that annoys them and instead of commenting in that thread that it is stupid (or maybe just ignoring it altogether) they feel the need make a whole new thread to tell everyone else what they should or shouldn't post about.

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
At least the Beck/Henne QB battle threads and the IF LONG IS LEFT HANDED WHERE WILL HE PLAY threads are relevant to the team. The topics i brought up are irrelevant..... unless people SERIOUSLY believe that the Patriots stealing signals contributed to their winning of three super bowls and not the brilliancy of their Quarterback and solid supporting cast.

fatkirstyalley
05-19-2008, 04:17 PM
At least the Beck/Henne QB battle threads and the IF LONG IS LEFT HANDED WHERE WILL HE PLAY threads are relevant to the team. The topics i brought up are irrelevant..... unless people SERIOUSLY believe that the Patriots stealing signals contributed to their winning of three super bowls and not the brilliancy of their Quarterback and solid supporting cast.
I feel ya. It is kinda annoying seeing someone getting released and then predicting a post about that player. But this time of the year there is nothing else to talk about. But i feel ya

PerfectFinz72
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM

#3 is probably why I've spent almost no time here lately....well, that and I'm always bored with football around this time of year (being that baseball is in full swing and there is playoffs in NBA/NHL).

But everytime I come here it is the same threads, especially the JT ones. Anyone who thinks less of JT at this point is a JOKE of a Dolphins fan anyway...

Oh well...like I said, May is always boring to me when it comes to football stuff.

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
It's not that i want to be the next in the long line of complainers about posters on finheaven. It's just that i truly do enjoy the site and wish that i could come to this site to see the opinions of Dolphin fans and not crazy conspiracy theories about the Patriots dynasty being "tainted", or Jason Taylor hating for an absolutely ridiculous reason.

Jawamba
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Get over it.

Or, add:

exactly no gun to your head, read the thread if you want, if you are tired of the thread you clearly know what its going to be before you even read it, don't open the thread:up:

PerfectFinz72
05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
exactly no gun to your head, read the thread if you want, if you are tired of the thread you clearly know what its going to be before you even read it, don't open the thread:up:

The only downfall to that with message boards in general, you'd have double the # of threads and no debate at all. The point of a message board is to allow you to discuss your team (or whatever the topic is) in any manner you choose.

While I agree it doesnt do much good starting a thread about the topics you don't like....if you see a topic called "Ronnie Brown sucks" and you completely disagree....I dont see the problem with posting something in that thread to voice your thoughts on it. BTW, I'm not calling you out on this one but just making a point that many people miss when it comes to forums. :up:

NewCoachPlease
05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Well you made this point in the Odell Thurman thread and then posted after a thread was created by someone else complaining about the same thing. Now you feel like we need another thread complaining about the "sign this guy" threads. I agree that some of those threads are very unnecesary but really not much else is going on to talk about.

Dredd1050
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Get over it.

Or, add:

Beat me to it. THOSE are the threads I hate the most. Oh look, we're in one. :D

footballer
05-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Beck sucks/Trade Beck/Cut Beck/Beck rules/Beck is a HOF'er/I saw Beck walk on water
dude. can you make up your mind.....

McCool
05-19-2008, 05:46 PM
You seem like you want to defend the Pats and there cheating ways. Well, i disagree with you. There's proof the Pats cheated. You have no proof that every team does it. From what i see, there is a huge advantage by knowing what defense your facing. If team goes into a cover 2, all Brady needs to do is audible a hot route to Moss. Like have him run a streak. And he knows he'll be matched up man to man by a strong safety and not the other teams #1 corner. And what about blitz's? If you know there coming froming the right, you shift your formation. Audibling the line to pick up the blitz. It also tells you who will be open. If you can get the fact that no other team has gone to the lengths of what the Pats did to cheat, you'll understand why that information was so vital and neccesary to there success. I'd be willing to bet the Giants leveled the playing field by changing their play calls. And we all saw what happens when the Pats are faced with play a straight up game. Don't you think it was strange how the Pats could let go of there star players while mantaining success with mediorce one's?

The new tapes show them stealing offensive play calls. So, how is it these dinosaurs on there defense continue to produce? Well they haven't gotten faster or stronger. They just no where the play is going to end up. Anyone who's ever played organized football knows what the Pats did gave them an enormous advantage over the competition.

I for one hope this doesn't blow over. I would seriously like to see the Pats striped of their titles. The problem with people is their short term memory and their lack of concern for truth, justice and the american way. I mean really. How do you go from getting caught cheating to getting voted Best Coach by the associated press?

Motcrue4
05-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Lets just all get along and love the phins and get ready for 08 baby!! It will be here before we all know it.

maverick50
05-19-2008, 05:59 PM
I dont understand why people are having a hissy fit over people trying to discuss miami dolphins issues . i think too many people are getting stressed over nothing.

if we were having too many jets team crap going on i could understand but if i am not mistaken this is a dolphins forum.

oh well call we wanny . but i remember when guys like dday and jimi were around to enlighten us.

traptses
05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
this is the other guy's list with some of my additions.

1. Jason Taylor: honestly, who cares?

2. We should sign...: we SHOULD sign Tom Brady or Adrian Peterson, but we wont. Just go with the flow.

3. Spygate: It's been a year. All new evidence is fake. Leave it alone

4. Beck/ Henne/ McCown: Just root for your team, no matter who's leading it

5. That rookie is a steal/bust: You have no idea until you see them play

Phins Rock
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Amen!

outlawd2u
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm sick of the "I'm sick of other threads" threads

traptses
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm sick of the "I'm sick of other threads" threads

See, those are the threads Im NOT sick of, because you guys say "oh, you dont have to read them". Thats true, but theres like 50 threads on the same thing, and it really ruins the forums.

Kadiddlehopper
05-19-2008, 07:00 PM
this is the other guy's list with some of my additions.

Really needed another thread?

traptses
05-19-2008, 07:02 PM
...yes, because Im THAT important...

:foundout:

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 07:04 PM
You seem like you want to defend the Pats and there cheating ways. Well, i disagree with you. There's proof the Pats cheated. You have no proof that every team does it. From what i see, there is a huge advantage by knowing what defense your facing. If team goes into a cover 2, all Brady needs to do is audible a hot route to Moss. Like have him run a streak. And he knows he'll be matched up man to man by a strong safety and not the other teams #1 corner. And what about blitz's? If you know there coming froming the right, you shift your formation. Audibling the line to pick up the blitz. It also tells you who will be open. If you can get the fact that no other team has gone to the lengths of what the Pats did to cheat, you'll understand why that information was so vital and neccesary to there success. I'd be willing to bet the Giants leveled the playing field by changing their play calls. And we all saw what happens when the Pats are faced with play a straight up game. Don't you think it was strange how the Pats could let go of there star players while mantaining success with mediorce one's?

The new tapes show them stealing offensive play calls. So, how is it these dinosaurs on there defense continue to produce? Well they haven't gotten faster or stronger. They just no where the play is going to end up. Anyone who's ever played organized football knows what the Pats did gave them an enormous advantage over the competition.

I for one hope this doesn't blow over. I would seriously like to see the Pats striped of their titles. The problem with people is their short term memory and their lack of concern for truth, justice and the american way. I mean really. How do you go from getting caught cheating to getting voted Best Coach by the associated press?

This post makes no sense to me.

First of all, even if the Patriots WERE taping games in 2002 i can ASSURE you when their cover was blown this past season season they weren't still taping games. Thus the Giants didn't negate the effect of any signal stealing in the Super Bowl because none happened. What the Giants did do is play a very tough game in week seventeen against the Patriots, a game that they exposed the Patriots in, and with that experience they threw the knock out punch in the Super Bowl.

Secondly, the Patriots dont maintain their success through taping other teams when they lose "star" players. They maintain success with talent evaluation second to NONE. They have drafted excellent players such as Asante Samuel, Lawrence Maroney and Vince Wilfork to replenish their losses, they have brought in key players through trade and free agency such as Randy Moss and Corey Dillon.

Third, those dinosaurs on that defense didn't "produce" all that well at all. They were a weakness on that team for much of this season, it's the Patriots high powered offense that had bailed them out in several games, plus again the signal stealing happened in 2002 according to evidence you are talking about. But come, if you are naive enough to believe Bill Belichick started this you're crazy. We've heard reports of the Mangini led Jets doing something similar (with league permission), and even the Dolphins under Saban. Not to mention Belichick learned every trick in the book from his mentor Parcells. All of those violators came from the same coaching tree.....thats all i need to know to realize that Belichick isn't the only one doing this.

and you're still over looking the greatest fact of all.....TOM BRADY is the best QB to play since Montana in the 80's. Signals or no signals. This guy is the reason for the Patriots success, not cameras.

lemonpepperfish
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM

1. Some of us do not want to let the cheating patriots off the hook! The more people around the country continue to keep it an issue, the longer it will remain an issue. I didn't care if Ricky was smoking pot- i see nothing wrong with it, but the league sure did and we lost our league leading rusher because they were enforcing the rules. My team suffered because of the ruling, and i did not blame the league... Ricky broke the rules! he was punished appropriately. Now the Pats break the rules in a way that has affected not only their own team but a good many other teams as well, and the evidence is destroyed, they get slapped on the wrist, and its all swept under the rug. If it was no big deal the whole time, why did the league bother to create the rules? Some of us desire consistancy, and that doesn't happen if we all just shut-up.

2. Team is rebuilding and we obviously have more positions to fill. I have no problem discussing who we might find to fill those positions. Its a big part of what i believe this board is about. If someone had listed a post a week ago suggesting, "hey, Mike Mckinney is available, do you think we should grab him?" I suppose you would be responding with one of these ':rolleyes2:'. I like discussing the options my team has. Especially on a miami dolphins message board. Kinda seems appropriate.

3. Yeah, i was also tired of the Jason Taylor bashing, until i heard his most recent statements, which suggest that there might very well be an issue here after all. Looking towards hollywood, feeling disrespected. I could do without the bashing, but it seems that the discussion itself has merit. What is really going on with our star DB? Whether we like or not, Jason Taylor's attitude definitely can have an impact on this team, and, do to Jason's own words, is becoming a bigger issue all of the time.

So what do you want to talk about, SpaceMountain? The price of rice? The weather in Guam? The mating cycle of the redspot moth? Or how time seems to expand as your wait for the season to begin?

SpaceMountain16
05-19-2008, 07:14 PM
1. Some of us do not want to let the cheating patriots off the hook! The more people around the country continue to keep it an issue, the longer it will remain an issue. I didn't care if Ricky was smoking pot- i see nothing wrong with it, but the league sure did and we lost our league leading rusher because they were enforcing the rules. My team suffered because of the ruling, and i did not blame the league... Ricky broke the rules! he was punished appropriately. Now the Pats break the rules in a way that has affected not only their own team but a good many other teams as well, and the evidence is destroyed, they get slapped on the wrist, and its all swept under the rug. If it was no big deal the whole time, why did the league bother to create the rules? Some of us desire consistancy, and that doesn't happen if we all just shut-up.

2. Team is rebuilding and we obviously have more positions to fill. I have no problem discussing who we might find to fill those positions. Its a big part of what i believe this board is about. If someone had listed a post a week ago suggesting, "hey, Mike Mckinney is available, do you think we should grab him?" I suppose you would be responding with one of these ':rolleyes2:'. I like discussing the options my team has. Especially on a miami dolphins message board. Kinda seems appropriate.

3. Yeah, i was also tired of the Jason Taylor bashing, until i heard his most recent statements, which suggest that there might very well be an issue here after all. Looking towards hollywood, feeling disrespected. I could do without the bashing, but it seems that the discussion itself has merit. What is really going on with our star DB? Whether we like or not, Jason Taylor's attitude definitely can have an impact on this team, and, do to Jason's own words, is becoming a bigger issue all of the time.

So what do you want to talk about, SpaceMountain? The price of rice? The weather in Guam? The mating cycle of the redspot moth? Or how time seems to expand as your wait for the season to begin?

Fair points,

The Patriots clearly broke the rules and that is unquestionable, but for those of you trying to taint the dynasty it's just ridiculous. I've watched a lot of football and they are the best team i've seen in a long time, led by one of the best Quarterbacks i've ever seen period. Officially they taped eight games in one season, was it more than that? Probably, were they the only team to do so, i highly doubt it. From the accounts of many former players and coaches, many teams do/have done this and only now is it really coming to light.

I hate the Patriots, i hate their arrogant swagger, and their lack of class, but spygate is such a stupid reason to try and diminish their accomplishments. It's just a media fueled machine trying to stir the pot, drum up interest in a dull off-season, and black mark the best team in a long time.

and for the record it is 78 degrees in Guam today

McCool
05-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Fair points,

The Patriots clearly broke the rules and that is unquestionable, but for those of you trying to taint the dynasty it's just ridiculous. I've watched a lot of football and they are the best team i've seen in a long time, led by one of the best Quarterbacks i've ever seen period. Officially they taped eight games in one season, was it more than that? Probably, were they the only team to do so, i highly doubt it. From the accounts of many former players and coaches, many teams do/have done this and only now is it really coming to light.

I hate the Patriots, i hate their arrogant swagger, and their lack of class, but spygate is such a stupid reason to try and diminish their accomplishments. It's just a media fueled machine trying to stir the pot, drum up interest in a dull off-season, and black mark the best team in a long time.

and for the record it is 78 degrees in Guam today

How about a link to an article in which an NFL coach or player has admitted to video taping the other teams play call and insuing play.

Also, did you ever stop to think the reason you were watching one of the best Quarterbacks/Teams you'd ever seen was because they had cheated. You and others have actually down-played the effectivness of those tapes. You say you watch alot of football, but do you know how the game is called and played? I've played organized football all my life, and trust me whether on offense or defense knowing your job equals success on the field as long as the right plays are being called. So for a team that always knew the right play to call, it made it real easy for the players to be successful. As previously stated in my last post, if a defense runs a cover 2, Brady needs only to audible to a reciever to beat a zone defense, he will be open.

Do i think without those tapes that the Pats would go 1-15? Probably not. But would Brady and Moss have broken those records and the team go 16-0 if it wasn't for the tapes? Probably not. You can say other teams do it until your blue in the face. But wheres the proof? With all the praise Belichick gets for being a genius, don't you think some other team would have got caught before he did? You can't have it both ways. Stick to the facts. Only one team has been caught cheating, and only one team last year went undefeated for a season. The way i look at it, after getting caught, they really had no reason to be coy about it. Hence, blowing out teams, going undefeated, breaking records,etc....Bill's little temper tatrum against the league for getting caught. The man tarnished the game and should be kicked of the league for it.

The facts remain: They cheated and they won football games. Three of those games being Superbowls. If they were really that good they wouldn't have had to cheat. Next year and the years to follow will show just how good are the Pats are, really.