PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and No Thanks!

Sulamar
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where to put this but I was curious about something. We all know and love the "Thanks" System this wonderful board has given us to show our appreciation for people who make good posts. I wanted to suggest a "No Thanks" option to the post as well. I have read so many terrible posts in the past few weeks that I think these habitual offenders need to have it recognized just as much as we recognize the outstanding posters.

I'm sure a few of you, you know the ones I'm talking about, would love to give this post a "No Thanks" but I still think it would be a great addition and maybe cut down on all the terrible posts from people.

:lol:

dolpns13
05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey everyone, I wasn't sure where to put this but I was curious about something. We all know and love the "Thanks" System this wonderful board has given us to show our appreciation for people who make good posts. I wanted to suggest a "No Thanks" option to the post as well. I have read so many terrible posts in the past few weeks that I think these habitual offenders need to have it recognized just as much as we recognize the outstanding posters.

I'm sure a few of you, you know the ones I'm talking about, would love to give this post a "No Thanks" but I still think it would be a great addition and maybe cut down on all the terrible posts from people.

Not a bad idea, the problem would be people dont give a thanks just for the hell of it and when a thanks is given its deserved, but people could give a no thanks for no good reason at all just because they dont like you or something like that.

fatkirstyalley
05-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Not a bad idea, the problem would be people dont give a thanks just for the hell of it and when a thanks is given its deserved, but people could give a no thanks for no good reason at all just because they dont like you or something like that.
Hahahahahahahahaha :sidelol:

BobDole
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
i think that would be a good idea. but too many people would feud. a few people would probably kill themselves too.

kbeath
05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Its a good idea it would def cut down on long ranted disagreements

dlockz
05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Its a good idea it would def cut down on long ranted disagreements

Not really because a perspn disagrees with u they will give u a no thanks. We already have a no thanks its called not giving thanks lol.

SabanHater
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM

I would "No Thanks" you everyday, 13!!!!!! :lol::lol:

wyo
05-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Not really because a perspn disagrees with u they will give u a no thanks. We already have a no thanks its called not giving thanks lol.

Good point. If you don't like a post you don't have to read it. A no thanks is not needed.

Avigatorx
05-20-2008, 02:25 PM
It's not like having a "Thanks" or a "No Thanks" affects your ability to post.

Ya, there will be undoubtedly be abuse, but whats the difference? I don't see the harm.

On the other hand, people who are concerned about their reputation might actually think twice before posting an off-the-wall, absurd opinion.

I'd rather have a "No thanks" option to rate an opinion expressed in a post, than to have to rate the entire thread with a low rating based on the continued ramblings of a few over-zealous nut-jobs.

Good Idea :)

dolpns13
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I would "No Thanks" you everyday, 13!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Well thanks man! Or, um, no thanks? :D

Avigatorx
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Good point. If you don't like a post you don't have to read it. A no thanks is not needed.

How ummm do you know you dont like a post if you dont read it? :unsure:

donart
05-20-2008, 02:35 PM
No Thanks

Marino613
05-20-2008, 02:58 PM

No Thanks.

JK :lol:

Marino613
05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
No Thanks

damn. beat me to it.

wyo
05-20-2008, 03:05 PM
How ummm do you know you dont like a post if you dont read it? :unsure:

I need a no thanks for that post.

I stop reading many post if they start out silly or miss guided with no valid point or argument. And I skip to the next post or thread.

Wildbill3
05-20-2008, 09:55 PM
sorry I gotta say "no thanks" to the no thanks. lol. It would be fun if this was a forum where we could slam each other, but... something like that would only lend itself to mini-who's **** is longer contests....

Sulamar
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
sorry I gotta say "no thanks" to the no thanks. lol. It would be fun if this was a forum where we could slam each other, but... something like that would only lend itself to mini-who's **** is longer contests....

Well is there an ignore feature I'm not seeing?

There are a few members I wont name who I cant stand reading their posts. Everything they say is hateful and demeaning and brings no value to this message board. And they rehash the same idiotic messages in every post they hit. It is getting old and making the site less of an asset.