PDA

View Full Version : albums to burnt cd ratio

Johnny Blaze
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
in the early 90s music artis were selling millions and millions of albums any good artis was going gold or even better, then the invention of a cd burner came out and music sells drop but artis still get paid pretty well. my question is of your music collection how many are burnt cds and how many are reall albums you bought ? i personally think i have out of over 300 albums less then 10 are albums i bought. one good reason is these artis flant their money like crazy everyones driving a bentley even if their albums arent selling their still gettin alot of money from the recored company. the only albums i really buy are from jay-z nas or dmb rhcp artis like that

the becktionary
05-23-2008, 01:00 AM
in the early 90s music artis were selling millions and millions of albums any good artis was going gold or even better, then the invention of a cd burner came out and music sells drop but artis still get paid pretty well. my question is of your music collection how many are burnt cds and how many are reall albums you bought ? i personally think i have out of over 300 albums less then 10 are albums i bought. one good reason is these artis flant their money like crazy everyones driving a bentley even if their albums arent selling their still gettin alot of money from the recored company. the only albums i really buy are from jay-z nas or dmb rhcp artis like that

my understanding is that the artists make a bulk of their money from touring, I have over 300 real albums, with countless more burned.

Tetragrammaton
05-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Musicians get almost nothing from record sales. The average is 85 cents per album. And they have a lot of expenses to cover.

Musicians make their bread and butter on touring. Pre-downloads, this was their money. Now, the record companies are demanding a slice of their touring profit in order to offset the loss in record sales. Which is why established artists like Radiohead are leaving the companies.

To answer your questions, I buy albums. I prefer the lossless sound.

Greatness920
05-23-2008, 03:30 AM
i only buy the albums of artists i love and want to support but i wont buy an album for just one good song on it thats wat itunes is for which is not illegal i dont download too much cuz my godfather is in the record business and thats not cool ... hes not doing too great right now..: ( but before he was doing great! anyone ever heard of fulanito thats there label oh yea!!!!!! if u live in miami u know who fulanito is