PDA

View Full Version : GOOD FAN VS. BAD FAN: Let's discuss the Dolphins 12th man.

myke1072
05-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Let's discuss the 12th man here. I think the fans can make a difference.

What makes us a good fan ? What makes us a bad fan ?

To me: A good fan supports his/her team through the good times and the bad times. A good fan never wears a bag on his or her head while attending a football game. A good fan wears his teams colors even after a loss. (Not just after a win.) A good fan doesn't think he is owed something, just because he goes to a game and buys a beer or two. A good fan doesn't turn his or her back on a player who has been with the team for over a decade. (I'm sure that will get a response.) A good fan looks at the whole picture, and not just that of the team or the player.

Bad fans: Seem to think they have some sort of ownership in the team. Help the media spread crap, by buying every bit of gossip that comes out and running with it as if it has to be true. Think they know more than the coaches or the players on every aspect of the game.Go to message boards, and make even the wins seem like losses.

There are many more things that can be listed here. Let's attempt to make the 12th man better. Every year we judge the players and the coaches. We can certainly be better fans. The past 7 years or so seems to be proof.

nyjunc
05-24-2008, 07:30 AM
I think there is a delicate line. To me when you are a loyal fan it's almost like being part of a family meaning I can criticize our players but I'll get defensive if a fan of another team does. I think being a good fan means always supporting your team but you can criticize as well. I think a good fan should always want and expect the best from their team and demand the best from their team so it works both ways.

A bad fan is the type that ignores their team when they lose or just criticizes for no reason. I think it's ok for dolphin fans to be mad at Jason taylor for what he's done but at the same time you cannot forget what he has done for over a decade. We have this same problem w/ Jet fans, Chad Pennington gets bashed as people forgte what he has done for us. It's ok to pick apart certain aspects of their games but many go completely overboard and do not appreciate certain thigns that have been accomplished.

Captain Lou
05-24-2008, 07:58 AM

To me: A good fan supports his/her team through the good times and the bad times. A good fan never wears a bag on his or her head while attending a football game. A good fan wears his teams colors even after a loss. (Not just after a win.) A good fan doesn't think he is owed something, just because he goes to a game and buys a beer or two. A good fan doesn't turn his or her back on a player who has been with the team for over a decade. (I'm sure that will get a response.) A good fan looks at the whole picture, and not just that of the team or the player.

Bad fans: Seem to think they have some sort of ownership in the team. Help the media spread crap, by buying every bit of gossip that comes out and running with it as if it has to be true. Think they know more than the coaches or the players on every aspect of the game.Go to message boards, and make even the wins seem like losses.

There are many more things that can be listed here. Let's attempt to make the 12th man better. Every year we judge the players and the coaches. We can certainly be better fans. The past 7 years or so seems to be proof.

As a fan you are owed something if you go to the games. You deserve a decent product because that is what you're paying for. If there were no fans there'd be no games.

You're definition sounds more like the way to call cat a kitten, as in *****cat!

moonman
05-24-2008, 08:13 AM
You're a fan of your team because you love the sport. Football isn't some sort of ****ing business investment on the fans' part. This isn't, "lol I bought season tickets so I'm owed something of some sort lol LOL! LOL!"

People who 'forget' about their team when times are rough can burn in hell. Stupid fairweather fans. Makes the rest of us look bad.

ArmyFin7
05-24-2008, 08:31 AM
We have definately hit rock bottom of off season boredom with this thread!

N'PhinsWeTrust
05-24-2008, 08:54 AM
A good fan wears his teams colors even after a loss. (Not just after a win.)

Being from NY all I could think of when I read this was how pissed I was after the super bowl and saw all these NY fans coming out of the wood work...seemed like every other person hand some type of giants t-shirt on...didn't see them before the super bowl though...

moonman
05-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Being from NY all I could think of when I read this was how pissed I was after the super bowl and saw all these NY fans coming out of the wood work...seemed like every other person hand some type of giants t-shirt on...didn't see them before the super bowl though...

To be fair, you see that with most teams. There are only a couple teams out there where this is not an issue. Maybe Green Bay? Kansas City?

When the Phins are good again it's going to piss me off to see all the bandwagon and fairweather fans come out of the woodwork. Screw those people.

nyjunc
05-24-2008, 09:28 AM

It happens everywhere, who ever heard of a Pats fan before 2001? it happens w/ every team, I have notcied through the years that the # of dolphin fans at Jet-dolphin games up here has decreased dramatically.

Dredd1050
05-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Good Fan: Missing one game since 1998 (my grandfather's 70 b-day)

Bad Fan: Unrealistic/negative doom and gloomer

myke1072
05-24-2008, 11:05 AM
As a fan you are owed something if you go to the games. You deserve a decent product because that is what you're paying for. If there were no fans there'd be no games.

You're definition sounds more like the way to call cat a kitten, as in *****cat!That's a bad analogy.

MikeO
05-24-2008, 11:20 AM

Couldn't disagree more. Any fan that pays money for tickets (or NFL Sunday ticket if out of town) to watch their team play as the right to FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. So, if a team goes 1-15 they have the right to wear the bag over their head, boooo, or do whatever they want. They are a good enough "FAN" to at least show up and care during the bad times!!!!!!!!

When those "DIE HARDS" are gone, well that is your "bad fan".

It's sports for christ sakes, if you can't talk about the "gossip", have some fun, talk about it on the message boards then what the hell is the point of even watching the games?!??? Sports is "entertainement" and "escape" from real life. Stop taking it so damn seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

myke1072
05-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Any fan that pays money for tickets (or NFL Sunday ticket if out of town) to watch their team play as the right to FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. So, if a team goes 1-15 they have the right to wear the bag over their head, boooo, or do whatever they want. They are a good enough "FAN" to at least show up and care during the bad times!!!!!!!!

It's sports for christ sakes, if you can't talk about the "gossip", have some fun, talk about it on the message boards then what the hell is the point of even watching the games?!??? Sports is "entertainement" and "escape" from real life. Stop taking it so damn seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:Actually, this part supports my points, IMO.

Gonzo
05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
love all dolfans !... back in my glory years as dolfan stan. the marino years rocked ! :up:

it's time for the new dolfan 12th man generation to take over !

aka big papa pump aka the 2 michelles :up:

keep up the great work ! go phins.

happy memorial day weekend.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Dolfan Stan Dolphins TV Commercial for Sunshine Network

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Beach Bound Retired Dolfan Stan :beer1::lol:

CedarPhin
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM

It's sports for christ sakes, if you can't talk about the "gossip", have some fun, talk about it on the message boards then what the hell is the point of even watching the games?!??? Sports is "entertainement" and "escape" from real life. Stop taking it so damn seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Agreed.

The whole "You're a bad fan because you criticize the team" BS that has reared its head here as of late has gotten old.

tcdrover
05-24-2008, 03:29 PM
The Dolphins have notoriously bad home town fans. Remember Daunte getting booed at half time of his very first home game? :shakeno:

I was never a fan of that guy, but that was flipping embarassing to see that.

It was pathetic, good fans are knowledgable about football. The people who are constantly babbling about Marino and the undefeated season aren't really good fans IMO. Good fans LOVE football and support their team.

Good fans understand that only one team every year will win the superbowl. The local sports press here are a big part of the problem. They only cater to casual fans instead of real knowledgeable football fans.

Really football is a blue collar sport, you see the best fans in blue collar cities like Pittsburgh & Greenbay.

DANTODUPER
05-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Good fans are the NY Jets fans, they think they are a good team because they own us, and they seem to be happy with that, (reflected by their very good attendance every single year), despite the fact that they have done nothing in the last 100 years and the other team in their (shared) stadium went to the superbowl and won last year.

Bad fans are the Miami Dolphins fans, who don't think their team is good if they beat an average team like the Jets, don't care if we win because the important thing is to reach the big game, and after many winning seasons, feel very bad of having a mediocre team and they care for it (reflected by their poor attendance)

Classless fans are the ones that booo every single pick other team makes during draft day, even when is undeniable that the other team on the city (the succesful one) don't boooo a single pick made by their rivals.

myke1072
05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
People seem to think that they have a casual criticism, when in fact it's much worse. Overall, we have a crappy fan base. One bad game, and you are the scum of the earth.

KippyIA1354
05-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The Dolphins have notoriously bad home town fans. Remember Daunte getting booed at half time of his very first home game? :shakeno:

I was never a fan of that guy, but that was flipping embarassing to see that.

It was pathetic, good fans are knowledgable about football. The people who are constantly babbling about Marino and the undefeated season aren't really good fans IMO. Good fans LOVE football and support their team.

Good fans understand that only one team every year will win the superbowl. The local sports press here are a big part of the problem. They only cater to casual fans instead of real knowledgeable football fans.

Really football is a blue collar sport, you see the best fans in blue collar cities like Pittsburgh & Greenbay.

I agree with some of your sediments. With the culture change down here in the last 20 years in South Florida has brought a new fan to Dolphin stadium. I don't mean to sound harsh but you now have ignorant fans here that really are new to american football. I am so sick of hearing how great Jimmy Johnson is by dumb fans down here. Dolfans that rocked the Orange Bowl in the 70's and 80's and Joe Robbie in the early 90's are gone. I go to every game and I have front row seats in the endzone and I am constantly told to sit down when the opposing team is on offense. (I Nearly got arrested last season against Buffalo)This would never happen in Buffalo,Pittsburgh, Philadelphia etc. in these stadiums you would get yelled at if you were sitting! I think our fans suck!! Sorry but this is what I feel from my experiences at the stadium for the last 10 years!

Ski_Money
05-24-2008, 06:51 PM

You're definition sounds more like the way to call cat a kitten, as in *****cat!

The game is the product, not the outcome.

finboss
05-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I agree with some of your sediments. With the culture change down here in the last 20 years in South Florida has brought a new fan to Dolphin stadium. I don't mean to sound harsh but you now have ignorant fans here that really are new to american football. I am so sick of hearing how great Jimmy Johnson is by dumb fans down here. Dolfans that rocked the Orange Bowl in the 70's and 80's and Joe Robbie in the early 90's are gone. I go to every game and I have front row seats in the endzone and I am constantly told to sit down when the opposing team is on offense. (I Nearly got arrested last season against Buffalo)This would never happen in Buffalo,Pittsburgh, Philadelphia etc. in these stadiums you would get yelled at if you were sitting! I think our fans suck!! Sorry but this is what I feel from my experiences at the stadium for the last 10 years!

Insightful post. As someone who has only seen the Dolphins in person at "away" games like Dallas and Arizona, my take on Dolfans is this.
Many Dolfans come across as spoiled children who think they are "owed" a Super Bowl contender every year because they bought a ticket. Four decades of greatness, 1972, Dan Marino, Don Shula etc. have created impossible expectations with this fan base. We just don't compare with the fans in Pittsburg, Philly, Dallas, Kansas City, and several other cities who stuck with their teams for many years when they were TERRIBLE. We have had some tough times these past few years and it has been tough to sit through, but the idea that we as fans have some sort of stupid obligation to bash and demean our team seems more like a few weirdos working out their "personal issues" by disparaging the Dolphins than trying to be good, supportive fans. I'm not saying we should never criticize. I am saying that we should keep the criticism rational and fact-based and not let it become insulting and hateful.
At the end of the day we all love our Fins and sticking by them and supporting them whenever we can will help all of us enjoy being fans of this great franchise even more. We can make the fans in all other cities look BAD

njphinatic1
05-24-2008, 07:32 PM
i know i good fan such as nyjunck should not try 2 explain 2 loyal dolphin fans what we allready know. but tell your sorry jet fans on your weak website what its about and get your own f****** stadium!

Marino613
05-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I disagree strongly with dividing fans into "good" and "bad" based on how often they criticize the team (and I am usually not very critical). I see no moral obligation to always like what the phins decide, and see no problem with voicing criticism. There are fans that are "annoying", like always finding reasons to hate a certain player, but it doesn't make them a bad fan.

When I think of a team that has "bad" fans, I think of fans that boo when people get injured, or (and we have a history of this in Miami), allow games to get blacked out (even playoff games).

I think of fans and "big" fans (and "bigger" fans). Barring extremely extenuating circumstances, you always know where a big fan is going to be when the game is on
(in my case at any number of sports bars in New York city, or when my wife needs me to be at home with the kids, listening online. We can't get DirectTV in my building).

I see no reason to divide fans into good and bad unless someone is a total a$$hole and cheers if someone gets hurt.

WVDolphan
05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
A good fan is one who will love and support his team no matter what.

A good fan either has season tickets if he or she lives in the area, or has Sunday Ticket if they live far away.

A good fan always roots for and supports his or her team.

A good fan sees every play of every game. (There are extreme circumstances such as the funeral of a family member or VERY CLOSE friend.) Weddings dont count. If a family member or friend wanted you to be at their wedding...........they wouldnt have scheduled it when the phins are playing. Death on the other hand usually isnt planned. If it is though......say your friend kills himself and the funeral is during a phins game..........**** him. He really didnt want you there then. Besides who the hell would kill themselves when there is football EVERY YEAR.

A good fan never turns the channel when games arent close. Or worse plays madden.

This one is the real test of a true fan.......................A good fan makes sacrifices in their lives to ensure they will never miss a game, such as turning down more lucrative jobs that might pay more money. Their lives basically are structured to include the phins on the level of a family member.

A good fan will be critical at times of their team. After all, as a parent, dosent anyone ever become dissapointed in the actions of a child of your own and punish those actions in some way????? If your son throws rocks on purpose at the neighbors house and breaks windows that you now must pay for, do you say GOOD JOB and give him a pat on the back? NO!!! YOU BOOOOOOO HIM!! Actually you booo your team, you ground and or bust the kids ***.

A good fan who has done all the things I talked about above, has every right to be very upset with his team and express this dissaproval. There is a fine line however. Wearing a bag over your head to a game is disgracing your team. That isnt love. You wouldnt do that to anyone in your family or a close friend. But, you certainly have times where you dont see eye to eye with loved ones and you will express that displeaser. It dosent mean you arent behind that person or your team 100%. Wearing a bag over your head however suggest you arent even a fan. A lack of pride is not love.

A good fan will cheer loudly when at the games and your team is on defense on a CONSISTANT LEVEL. Not just when they are pushed back near the goal line, or when its a big 3rd down. The noise level must be consistant and annoying to the opposing offense. ON EVERY PLAY. Any given play can be a huge play. I always hated how in the rules at the stadium it even mentions getting loud on such plays. What about Jets ball 1st and 10 at their own 38? GET LOUD!!! EVERY PLAY!!!!

Greatness920
05-25-2008, 02:43 AM
didnt u get that from the radio dan lebatard did a thing on good or bad fan lol

Greatness920
05-25-2008, 02:53 AM
i usually play madden before the game to simulate the score and the dolphins always win
:D woo!

fakespike
05-25-2008, 06:51 AM
a good fan doesn't dedicate his life to bashing his teams' quarterback.... yea im talking about you WV.

FinLaden
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM

How many games have you attended? :err:

If you are a season ticket holder you are a true fan. You have made a financial commitment to the team and the stadium. You are there from pre-season all the way to the end in the heat and the rain. During wins and losses you breath the same air as the players! Every one that I talk to that goes to Dolphins Stadium on Sundays supports the team 1000 percent. Including John Beck.

Fin Laden is a season ticket holder. This gives me the right to BOOOO when things go bad and gives me the right to walk around Miami knowing this is Dolphin Country! :woot:

The Bad Fan? I would rather not get into what I think are pretenders that have never been part of the 305!

WVDolphan
05-25-2008, 11:18 AM
a good fan doesn't dedicate his life to bashing his teams' quarterback.... yea im talking about you WV.

You mean our 3rd string QB.

And get real. Fans bash their QB all the time. How do you think the saying got started that the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. And please stop suggesting Beck dosent deserve criticism anyway. He's a big boy.....Im sure he can handle it. Why do some of you take it so personal and youre not even John Beck?

timbowens95
05-25-2008, 12:01 PM
A good fan sees every play of every game. (There are extreme circumstances such as the funeral of a family member or VERY CLOSE friend.) Weddings dont count. If a family member or friend wanted you to be at their wedding...........they wouldnt have scheduled it when the phins are playing. Death on the other hand usually isnt planned. If it is though......say your friend kills himself and the funeral is during a phins game..........**** him. He really didnt want you there then. Besides who the hell would kill themselves when there is football EVERY YEAR.

This one is the real test of a true fan.......................A good fan makes sacrifices in their lives to ensure they will never miss a game, such as turning down more lucrative jobs that might pay more money. Their lives basically are structured to include the phins on the level of a family member.

ur weird

Gonzo
05-25-2008, 12:09 PM
ur weird
:lol:

WVDolphan
05-25-2008, 04:10 PM
ur weird

Exactly. Given what you quoted of what I stated and youre response is that Im wierd just goes to show the level of diehard I am. Its so sick that even a guy like you who is probably a HUGE fan cannot comprehend the level of diehard I am. Perhaps thats why you guys dont understand why I hate John Beck.

PATSSUCK
05-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Exactly. Given what you quoted of what I stated and youre response is that Im wierd just goes to show the level of diehard I am. Its so sick that even a guy like you who is probably a HUGE fan cannot comprehend the level of diehard I am. Perhaps thats why you guys dont understand why I hate John Beck.

Yea hating aQB after 1 year in the pros is always a good idea. I mean there has never been a QB to recover from bad first season on a bad team. I am glad you know better than anyone . By the way your putting your eggs in Henne's basket before he has even taken a snap LOL :rolleyes2:. Some of you marvel me with your acute football intellect. Sad Sad Sad

PS You hating Beck, has nothing to do with being a diehard fan ... do we have those by the way?

I personally have always felt that the miami fans stink due to their near sightedness, lack of knowledge of the game, and short term memory.

I am sure you booed Marino to when he had a bad game, even though he had earned some slack.

WVDolphan
05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Yea hating aQB after 1 year in the pros is always a good idea. I mean there has never been a QB to recover from bad first season on a bad team. I am glad you know better than anyone . By the way your putting your eggs in Henne's basket before he has even taken a snap LOL :rolleyes2:. Some of you marvel me with your acute football intellect. Sad Sad Sad

I dont get why you guys think Im such a Henne fan already. Like you said....the guy hasnt done **** for us yet. Personally, I still wanted Matt Ryan and think we made a mistake passing on him. I hope Im wrong though. I hope Henne is a beast, Beck developes into a good player, and all the other draft picks make the most of their opportunities.

But, as for this season, Ive said all along I think McCown is the clear cut starter and havent wavered from that. So why does everyone think Im such a Henne sweater?

And for the record, I could learn to un-hate Beck. All he has to do is start making plays and not be the biggest key in my beloved phins getting destroyed by the Jets and Bills. It certainly wont be overnight though. He has pissed me off quite a bit to make up for it in one game. Well, come to think of it we play the Jets week 1. If by some miracle he starts and lights those ******* up for about three fitty and 4 scores......that would go a long, long way, in healing the wounds he dealt me last season.

But, lets let reality set in......Beck lighting someone up....yea right. Beck starting...yea right. Anyone with common sense knows that McCown is the starter barring injury or some ultra impressive camp and preseason by Beck or Henne.

PATSSUCK
05-25-2008, 05:38 PM
So you're saying if you put Matt Ryan in a fins uniform last year, he would have done what exactly? He probably would have thrown more picks and thats about it.

Matt Ryan did nothing in BC that would even allow me to say that he would be clear cut above Beck coming out of BC. He was above average at best and a pick machine at worst. He WAS NOT #1 pick at all. He would have been the worst #1 pick since Alex Smith.

By the way I will give you Beck losing to the jets, but the bills? He had a few bad plays and came out. The Bills flat outplayed us and the team was mailing it in. Beck will probably win the job with Mcnown as a backup and Henne developing as a true future qb ( not like Cam tried to develope Beck on the QB for the freaken practice/scout squad.)

kbeath
05-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Amen to the comment about standing and sitting....real fan I moved to Ft. Lauderdale from Maryland to be closer to the Dolphins period. That alone prob. puts me in the upper echelon of fans. The f--ed up part is when i go to the game and have to argue with "fans" over me standing and routing for my team. I dam near had to whop some dads *** for his constant whining for me standing oh yeah by the way that was the Baltimore Ravens game.....If anyone wants to sit on their *** and watch the game with no one in front of them either buy better tickets or stay your lazy fat ***** at home.

Mulverizer19
05-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I think a true fan is someone who really loves this team and it doesn't matter how they may show it. Maybe they criticize the team but they have a right to if they pour their heart and soul in to the team and don't get good results. Personally, I enjoyed watching every minute of every single game last season no matter how bad the team did. Of course I was upset when they lost, but I still had fun watching. I also learn to like everyone who becomes a dolphin even if I wasn't happy at first when we acquired them. There is not a single player on this roster I dislike.

But what I'm really scared of is in a couple years when the Dolphins win the Super Bowl, that all the bandwagoners show up and think they are just as deserving as us fans who have stuck with our team through the difficult times. If someone ever accuses me of being a bandwagoner when the Dolphins are successful and I am rooting for them, I will absolutely go crazy and I don't know what kind of terrible things I would say to that person.

Marino613
05-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I have personally stuck with the fins through thick and thin, and in no way qualify as a "bandwagon" fan (proof is, I am spending time on a Dolphins forum after a 1-15 season... as are we all). I say that so I don't get too flamed for my next comment.

I see no reason to judge people who are on and off fans. Just so long as they don't claim to be "HUGE" fans of the phins and run their mouths off about it. If the phins play better, they will get a larger fan base (and make more money I guess). That is the reality of the situation. Why should we judge? Is being a simple fan a club you have to be accepted into? I get that the true ultimate hard core die hard fan will move to miami from Guam, take a 6 figure paycut and only ever wear aqua and orange. I respect that. But I won't judge a fan as "bad" individually unless he or she is an a$$hole who roots for people to get injured, I will judge a fan base as bad of they litter a field with beer bottles, don't sell out a game (especially a playoff game), or don't know when to make noise or be quiet. OTher than that, come as you are. IF it is a little bit, fine, a lot fine.

That is why I prefer saying "big" fan over "good" fan. I know a lot of people who only come out when the phins make the playoffs. They aren't big football fans, have lives that don't revolve around the sport (unlike mine), and show up to my place to watch the game when the big games are on (which hasn't been in years... :boohoo:)

MikeO
05-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Amen to the comment about standing and sitting....real fan I moved to Ft. Lauderdale from Maryland to be closer to the Dolphins period. That alone prob. puts me in the upper echelon of fans. The f--ed up part is when i go to the game and have to argue with "fans" over me standing and routing for my team. I dam near had to whop some dads *** for his constant whining for me standing oh yeah by the way that was the Baltimore Ravens game.....If anyone wants to sit on their *** and watch the game with no one in front of them either buy better tickets or stay your lazy fat ***** at home.

Example #1 of why more security is needed at games. They put the seats there for a reason. Seriously.

dolpns13
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM

Now thats pretty classy of you :rolleyes2::unsure:

By the way, its ROOTING, not ROUTING

Gonzo
05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Example #1 of why more security is needed at games. They put the seats there for a reason. Seriously.Exactly. Occasionally standing to celebrate a big play, score, etc. is okay. Constant standers have no respect for their fellow fans. Standing doesn't make you more hardcore. It makes you a douche.

<-----I mean, how am I supposed to watch the game?

kbeath
05-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Exactly. Occasionally standing to celebrate a big play, score, etc. is okay. Constant standers have no respect for their fellow fans. Standing doesn't make you more hardcore. It makes you a douche.

<-----I mean, how am I supposed to watch the game?

The seats are there for you to rest your legs so you can stand fool. It is also funny that lazy sitting fans are on a web site telling me im desrespectful for cheering my team on standing up.:sidelol::sidelol:....come on stay home...This is exactly I am what the 12th man is all about...Your an idiot if you really think when people talk of the 12th man they are talking about the guy sitting until the team scores then yells for the TD... It is truly amazing your not a fan.....fan is short for a fanatic and obviously you and the other fool who thanked your stupid comment dont realize this....:hi5: oh yeah and you both forgot that you can buy better seats where guys like you who really dont care can turn around and high five each other after TDs. If my team is on Defense I am standing so suck it up get in the gym or write a letter cause Wayne is never going to tell the fans to sit down at a football game.

kbeath
05-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry your sub 5 ft douch bag stand up and you can see the game your avator tells me all I need to know about what kinda person and fan you are.

Marino613
05-26-2008, 12:29 AM
I am glad you moved this here!

Gonzo
05-26-2008, 01:42 AM
The seats are there for you to rest your legs so you can stand fool. It is also funny that lazy sitting fans are on a web site telling me im desrespectful for cheering my team on standing up.:sidelol::sidelol:....come on stay home...This is exactly I am what the 12th man is all about...Your an idiot if you really think when people talk of the 12th man they are talking about the guy sitting until the team scores then yells for the TD... It is truly amazing your not a fan.....fan is short for a fanatic and obviously you and the other fool who thanked your stupid comment dont realize this....:hi5: oh yeah and you both forgot that you can buy better seats where guys like you who really dont care can turn around and high five each other after TDs. If my team is on Defense I am standing so suck it up get in the gym or write a letter cause Wayne is never going to tell the fans to sit down at a football game.:lol:

Gonzo
05-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Sorry your sub 5 ft douch bag stand up and you can see the game your avator tells me all I need to know about what kinda person and fan you are.Vertically challenged, yet I still get the ladies and the gold!

What does my avatar (a, not o, douchebag) tell you? That I may be short, like the kids whose views you block? You're pretty tough, threatening dads who call you out on your douchebaggery. Listen, if you were really all that bad ***, you would have fought them instead of talking about how you "almost had to whoop their ***." Still would've been a douche though, just a douche with a black eye. Maybe even stuck in a wheelchair forced to sit behind assbags like yourself. Karma.

HurriPhin
05-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Alright I'm a good fan... or wait, am I a bad fan? NO, I got it, I am a Fins fan!

The sitting/complaining fans are quite annoying I must say. Though for that reason alone, my pops and I have to buy seats in the upper deck, row 30 between the 40 yrd lines, so we can stand up the entire game with out being a nuisance to other fans. :kick:

WVDolphan
05-26-2008, 02:01 AM
The seats are there for you to rest your legs so you can stand fool. It is also funny that lazy sitting fans are on a web site telling me im desrespectful for cheering my team on standing up.:sidelol::sidelol:....come on stay home...This is exactly I am what the 12th man is all about...Your an idiot if you really think when people talk of the 12th man they are talking about the guy sitting until the team scores then yells for the TD... It is truly amazing your not a fan.....fan is short for a fanatic and obviously you and the other fool who thanked your stupid comment dont realize this....:hi5: oh yeah and you both forgot that you can buy better seats where guys like you who really dont care can turn around and high five each other after TDs. If my team is on Defense I am standing so suck it up get in the gym or write a letter cause Wayne is never going to tell the fans to sit down at a football game.

Im glad someone else understands this. There are seats there so when one of the MANY play stoppages(commercials, halftime, between qtrs. etc etc) occurs you can rest your weak legs and take a seat. Otherwise, when the game is in play stand the **** up and make some noise. Especially when the phins are on defense. EVERY ****ING PLAY be LOUD when the phins are on D. Dont wait for the team to make a play and then cheer. Thats stupid. Get loud and it will INCREASE the chances of our defense making a play because the opposing QB might have a tough time communicating which in turn could lead to a variety or good things for the phins D(false starts if the OL dosent hear the snap count, interceptions if the receiver didnt hear the play correctly and runs the incorrect route, sacks if there is a breakdown in pass protection because guys didnt hear the thing correctly, the QB having to burn a timeout because he dosent like the matchup and realizes calling an audible is next to impossible, etc. etc. etc.) Stand the **** up and cheer would ya please.

Being loud on every play of every phins defensive snap could be the difference in winning and losing a couple home games each year. Some of you put in about as much effort as JT does in May OTA's. If you want to be comfortable, sit at home and watch on tv. If you want to be a REAL 12th man and AIDE the phins to victory, stand up, be loud, be proud, and draw a crowd. Make things as difficult as possible on the opposing offense everytime they have the ball.

Sitting during a football game....get real. Sitting is for when youre at a college game and the lame band is performing. Someone go to a Cleveland game, buy a seat in the dog pound and ask those guys to sit. Get real.

And oh yea, would it be so bad if our home fans were standing and loud and kinda made it uncomfortable for there to be fans from opposing teams(specifically the Jets and Patriots and teams who have large spread out fan bases like the Cowboys) to not come to Miami and treat it like its a home game of theirs? I get sick of hearing a 50/50 crowd at some of these games. Its almost so bad now that you cant even make wisecracks to Jets fans about not having a home stadium because they can say......"Yea we do. Its called Dolphins stadium. a.k.a Meadowlands south." Thats meadowlands without the real chaos and the guys chanting for girls to show their breasts btw. Nah, its all curtious down at Dolphins stadium. Everyone wants to be polite and welcoming to Jets fans. Some phins fans want to take the ole saying....make yourself at home a bit too literally.

Durango_95
05-26-2008, 09:59 AM
As a fan you are owed something if you go to the games.

Yeah, you're owed something... a seat at a football game. That's it. Period. What's with the mentality of " I bought a ticket... you have to perform to my liking."? I hate to disappoint you, but you don't have that kind of power. Like any other product for mass consumption, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

BwanaZulia
05-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Dolphins have fans?

BZ

Lappy
05-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Great Dolphin Fan.......Drive 3600 km from Winnipeg to Ft Myers. Drive with D-day from Ft Myers to DeerField Beach. Drive with D-day and GreatWade to Dolphin stadium.

Bad Dolphin Fan.........Leave at half time to get wasted, and don't get back for second half!

Super Bad Dolphin fan.......do this 2 years in a row! :(

hahahhahaa but what a wicked awesome trip!!!!

dolfan06
05-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Great Dolphin Fan.......Drive 3600 km from Winnipeg to Ft Myers. Drive with D-day from Ft Myers to DeerField Beach. Drive with D-day and GreatWade to Dolphin stadium.

Bad Dolphin Fan.........Leave at half time to get wasted, and don't get back for second half!

Super Bad Dolphin fan.......do this 2 years in a row! :(

hahahhahaa but what a wicked awesome trip!!!!i guess you would say "good fan". flew from California twice to Miami since 2000, to see them play the colts and raiders.

Lappy
05-26-2008, 04:44 PM
i guess you would say "good fan". flew from California twice to Miami since 2000, to see them play the colts and raiders.

did you stay for more than 5 quaters in two years????

if so you are a good fan.

Durango_95
05-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Dolphins have fans?

AND their own stadium!

dolfan06
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
did you stay for more than 5 quaters in two years????

if so you are a good fan.hell no, i stayed for 4 quarters and left, it was 40 degrees by the end of the game. i thoughtm "good ole sunny florida" and didn't bring a jacket.

BwanaZulia
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
AND their own stadium!

What use is your own stadium if you can't fill it?

Besides, don't you share it with a baseball team?

BZ

Durango_95
05-28-2008, 07:13 AM
What use is your own stadium if you can't fill it?

Besides, don't you share it with a baseball team?

BZ

I've seen it filled plenty of times. Hosted a few Super Bowls in it, too. You're right about the baseball team since at one time we also shared owners.

But, the stadium does have our mascot in it's name. The original owner had his name on it at one time, too. How about you guys? Seems like you never had your own place. Didn't you share with the Mets?

I think the Pope drew more fans at Shea than the Jets ever did.

BwanaZulia
06-04-2008, 08:59 AM
I've seen it filled plenty of times. Hosted a few Super Bowls in it, too. You're right about the baseball team since at one time we also shared owners.

But, the stadium does have our mascot in it's name. The original owner had his name on it at one time, too. How about you guys? Seems like you never had your own place. Didn't you share with the Mets?

I think the Pope drew more fans at Shea than the Jets ever did.

Sorry, the Jets have been sold out for year without the need for the Media to buy up tickets or advertise on every TV station and billboard like the Dolphin do. I am down there every year and totally surprised how much advertisement there is for Dolphin Season Tickets.

The Jets don't need to advertise, they have a 10,000 strong waiting list and charge $50 just to be on it.

It isn't even close.

BZ

Bumpus
06-04-2008, 09:18 AM

:lol:
Actually, that happened to me last year in Pittsburgh.

Probably had more to do with my jersey, and my constantly running mouth, but...:wink:

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Sorry, the Jets have been sold out for year without the need for the Media to buy up tickets or advertise on every TV station and billboard like the Dolphin do. I am down there every year and totally surprised how much advertisement there is for Dolphin Season Tickets.

The Jets don't need to advertise, they have a 10,000 strong waiting list and charge $50 just to be on it.

It isn't even close.

BZ
That's cause of the boob flashing that goes on.

BwanaZulia
06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
That's cause of the boob flashing that goes on.

So you are against boobs.

Got it.

BZ

BEAST
06-04-2008, 09:39 AM

Got it.

BZ
He's ohphagtastic, boobs are like cryptonite. :lol:

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 09:52 AM

Got it.

BZ
Noooooo.....I'm saying the Jets stadium has the waiting list because the women are forced to show their hoohas. You guys don't get to see hoohas as easily as the boys in SoFla do.

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
He's ohphagtastic, boobs are like cryptonite. :lol:
:err:

This is coming from a guy that hails from a city where most of the women have boobs on their back as well?

BEAST
06-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Noooooo.....I'm saying the Jets stadium has the waiting list because the women are forced to show their hoohas. You guys don't get to see hoohas as easily as the boys in SoFla do.
The women in NY don't have "hoohas" they have "hay nanny nanny's".

South Beach on the otherhand has plenty of "women" with "hoohas" and some of them have had their "hoohas" removed so they can look more like real women. :lol:

BEAST
06-04-2008, 09:57 AM
:err:

This is coming from a guy that hails from a city where most of the women have boobs on their back as well?
They're called husbands and my wife would probably agree with you. :d-day:

BEAST
06-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Oh btw, did anyone else get a warning about not trying to get around the profanity filter? If not, I would be more than happy to forward the warning that I got, I wouldn't want you guys to break the rules in this "no holds barred" forum.

I'll be on the lookout and if I see anyone posting profanity I'll forward the pm that I received to you. After all, we need to make this a better place.

Maybe we should start saying doodie instead of the "S" word?

ohphagtastic, your team played like doodie last year.

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh btw, did anyone else get a warning about not trying to get around the profanity filter? If not, I would be more than happy to forward the warning that I got, I wouldn't want you guys to break the rules in this "no holds barred" forum.

I'll be on the lookout and if I see anyone posting profanity I'll forward the pm that I received to you. After all, we need to make this a better place.

ohphagtastic, your team played like doodie last year.I got slapped too. No more sneakin' around the profanity filter.

And yes, last year they played like a big steaming pile of doodie.

BwanaZulia
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM

That is true, but that is what makes them so special.

BZ

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
That is true, but that is what makes them so special.

BZ
Lets all bury the hatchet for a moment and think about boobs. :wink:

BEAST
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Lets all bury the hatchet for a moment and think about boobs. :wink:
I agree

(starting dream sequence)

http://www.swampland.com/img/Image/spf/features/wayne-huizenga-topper.jpg

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Wannstedt_Dolphins.jpg

http://cfx.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/cfx/cam_cameron.jpg

http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/30/saban.jpg

(ending dream sequence......)

You're right ohphagtastic, thinking of boobs really did make me smile. Horray for boobs!!! :lol:

retired opfinistic
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
There were some big boobs there.

BobDole
06-04-2008, 03:02 PM

ohphagtastic, your team played like doodie last year.

you should ***** more. :up:

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I agree

(starting dream sequence)

http://www.swampland.com/img/Image/spf/features/wayne-huizenga-topper.jpg

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Wannstedt_Dolphins.jpg

http://cfx.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/cfx/cam_cameron.jpg

http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/30/saban.jpg

(ending dream sequence......)

You're right ohphagtastic, thinking of boobs really did make me smile. Horray for boobs!!! :lol:

SB 25
Giants 20
Bills 19

SB 26
Redskins 37
Bills 24

SB 27...............ouch
Cowboys 52
Bills 17

SB 28
Cowboys 30
Bills 13

Was this a Dream Sequence?

BobDole
06-04-2008, 04:53 PM
SB 25
Giants 20
Bills 19

SB 26
Redskins 37
Bills 24

SB 27...............ouch
Cowboys 52
Bills 17

SB 28
Cowboys 30
Bills 13

Was this a Dream Sequence?

i would say more like a fantastic voyage.

Durango_95
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
BZ

Don't dodge the point. You mentioned that we share with a baseball team, but failed to acknowledge the fact that the Jets did too. Now they share with another football team. Kind of like the bedrooms the Brady Bunch have.

You're saying the Jets don't advertise? Am I to understand that there are no Jets ads on every TV station in NY, nor are there any billboards? I guess they prefer the subliminal route as they changed the team's colors to green and white to match Leon Hess' gas stations. Might as well promote the better product, right?

Their move to New Jersey was because they didn't have enough civic pull with the City of New York to get improvements made at Shea. Seems inconceivable for a team with such a strong fan base. Guess the Mets didn't want them there, either, as the stadium upgrade would have helped them out, too.

nyjunc
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
BZ

Don't dodge the point. You mentioned that we share with a baseball team, but failed to acknowledge the fact that the Jets did too. Now they share with another football team. Kind of like the bedrooms the Brady Bunch have.

You're saying the Jets don't advertise? Am I to understand that there are no Jets ads on every TV station in NY, nor are there any billboards? I guess they prefer the subliminal route as they changed the team's colors to green and white to match Leon Hess' gas stations. Might as well promote the better product, right?

Their move to New Jersey was because they didn't have enough civic pull with the City of New York to get improvements made at Shea. Seems inconceivable for a team with such a strong fan base. Guess the Mets didn't want them there, either, as the stadium upgrade would have helped them out, too.

The Jets do not advertise, there aren't ads for tickets or commercials on radio & TV.

The Mets didn't like sharing a Stadium w/ the Jets, they didn't want the field torn up in Sept and october(though the Mets, like the Marlins, rarely played in october). The City thought Hess was bluffing but I guess he wasn't. Hess was a NJ guy and wanted to move the team to NJ. it's really not that big of a deal, East Rutherford is a suburb of NYC just like Orchard Park is a suburb of Buffalo, Irving is a suburb of Dallas and Landover, MD is a suburb of Washington, D.C.

In a couple of years we'll have a brand new Stadium, we have alot of teams so it makes sense to share a Stadium though I wish we got the West Side Stadium.