PDA

View Full Version : If Miami picks outside the TOP 5 next year...

MiamiDolfan85
05-24-2008, 07:44 PM
THIS IS THE GUY I EXPECT WE DRAFT....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/_islQ52F3Qs&hl=en"></param><param

ih8brady
05-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Btb!

PSU Cane
05-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Well the problem with that is he MAY go inside the Top 5 next year. The draft next year is much weaker than the draft this year.

Blackocrates
05-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Wouldn't bother me one bit.

#1dolphinsfan
05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I dont care if we pick in the top 5 i think we take him if we are the 2nd team picking

PogiRo
05-26-2008, 07:02 PM
If we do draft him, I hope he stops spiking the ball before the end zone.

#1dolphinsfan
05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
If we do draft him, I hope he stops spiking the ball before the end zone.
he might do it a couple of time untill he gets flaged a couple of times

studsatele
05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
yeah hes looking real nice. but im sticking with maualuga.

bert
05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
we trade down lol.then get another monster tackle,and run people over for the next 10 years.

zach8111
05-27-2008, 10:27 PM
ya jenkins OR his teammate James Laurinaitus. both are awesome.

rey maualuga ILB, james laurinaitus ILB, malcolm jenkins CB, Michael Crabtree WR...

all these guys would be GREAT picks by miami

AquaAdrenaline
05-28-2008, 08:47 PM
ya jenkins OR his teammate James Laurinaitus. both are awesome.

rey maualuga ILB, james laurinaitus ILB, malcolm jenkins CB, Michael Crabtree WR...

all these guys would be GREAT picks by miami
If both Laurinaitus and Maualuga have great seasons in which they both record over 90 tackles, become first team All-Americans, finalists for the Butkus Award, etc. and let's say Maualuga forgoes his senior season at USC, who do you guys think would be drafted first? I'm not saying which of the two would you want to see more in a Miami uniform (you can answer that if you want) just who would go higher.

C-HUCKS
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I would love to see the Dolphins draft Jenkins next year. I think we have to upgrade the secondary in the next offseason.

m i n o
05-29-2008, 08:50 AM
we will probly need to upgrade our recieving core next yr too...micheal crabtree annyone? back to the original post though...rb will also be a area of need so i wouldn't mind him at all.

RUDEbyallMEANS
05-29-2008, 08:06 PM
If Maualuga and Lauranitis are available when Miami picks, I think Miami goes for Maualuga. The guy was born to play ILB in a 3-4 physically and he has the tenacity for the game that all coaches love in players.

zach8111
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
If both Laurinaitus and Maualuga have great seasons in which they both record over 90 tackles, become first team All-Americans, finalists for the Butkus Award, etc. and let's say Maualuga forgoes his senior season at USC, who do you guys think would be drafted first? I'm not saying which of the two would you want to see more in a Miami uniform (you can answer that if you want) just who would go higher.

i think james laurinaitis is gonna be drafted higher. he also would be my pic. he is a total BEAST.

newlownorder
06-19-2008, 01:21 AM
right now im on the #2 bandwagon

JT-forpresident
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM

I don't know .... Laurinaitis (and all Ohio state products) seem to be handing themselves professionnaly in the NFL.... USC has a lot of talent but they just don't seem to reach the expectations everybody sets for them in the NFL .... Laurinaitis will go before him i'm pretty convinced

JT-forpresident
06-19-2008, 04:57 PM
this said, i think we go with one of those two if we aren't drafting really high next year.... it depends on how well Hagan/Wilford play and Crowder/ayodele play... you can put in our CB problems but i think a WR and a ILB is more critical than a shutdown corner, especially the WR ... you need a big guy with reliable hands who can create matchup problems, and we don't really have that, we don't have that sure target QB's love to have...

MarinoFishHead
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
yeah hes looking real nice. but im sticking with maualuga.

I want this dude as well, Maualuga is a monster!! :woot:

FinFanatic80
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
he might do it a couple of time untill he gets flaged a couple of times

he means so that its not ruled a fumble ...

blackthought
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Good question, I think the best CB might be nice to. But another question is, what if were faced with a franchise QB next year when we pick what do we do than?

ZachThomas76
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM
THIS IS THE GUY I EXPECT WE DRAFT....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/_islQ52F3Qs&hl=en"></param><param
Is it just me, or does watching Jenkins play corner remind you a bit of Cahrles Woodson? He sorta looks like hes gliding out there sometimes. Very smooth. What is he listed at? I like his size as well.

hooshoops
07-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Is it just me, or does watching Jenkins play corner remind you a bit of Cahrles Woodson? He sorta looks like hes gliding out there sometimes. Very smooth. What is he listed at? I like his size as well.

i know what you mean. it looks effortless. almost like he's not really trying.

NRA
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
secondary and wr.

our secondary STINKS and we have to start scoring
points sometime this decade.

TheBow305
07-24-2008, 05:39 PM
who is the video of? it wont load for me

TedSlimmJr
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM

6'0' - 190 lbs.

As much as I like Jenkins as a prospect, one thing that bothers me about him is he can get beat in man coverage by a precise route (i.e Demetrius Byrd beating him for a TD one on one in the NC game) Jenkins ball skills are top notch though. Vontae Davis is the better man cover corner IMO.

TheBow305
08-01-2008, 07:20 PM
6'0' - 190 lbs.

As much as I like Jenkins as a prospect, one thing that bothers me about him is he can get beat in man coverage by a precise route (i.e Demetrius Byrd beating him for a TD one on one in the NC game) Jenkins ball skills are top notch though. Vontae Davis is the better man cover corner IMO.

That's because Davis is faster than Jenkins. Not saying that that he is slow, but his lack of elite top end speed combined with his tremendous ball skills makes him best suited for a zone style defense.

Roman529
08-03-2008, 05:00 AM
We want Rey Rey.

CedarPhin
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM

Maualuga is a senior this year. He'd be a cornerstone of our defense for years.

CedarPhin
08-03-2008, 10:42 AM
In fact, I wouldn't mind taking him or Michael Crabtree, shoudl Crabtree declare.

TheBow305
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
In fact, I wouldn't mind taking him or Michael Crabtree, shoudl Crabtree declare.

It just depends where we are selecting, if we are in the top 3-5 picks, that may be a little soon to select Maualuga or even Crabtree. Crabtree would make more sense because typically ILB's don't get selected that high because of the value placed on that pick. I find it more likely we go with a pass rusher to replace JT like George Selvie or Michael Johnson if we pick in the Top 5. If we pick out of the top 5, then it will be more likely to be Maualuga, Jenkins, or possibly Crabtree.

Elliott 1
08-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Vontae Davis is better and will be in the HOF. The others are very good but not great.