PDA

View Full Version : I'm suprised nobody is talking about Ninja Gaiden II, MGS4 or even Bad Company..

FinsNCanes
05-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Those are the only few games I have hope for, then of course Force Unleashed but that's going to be a while. Anyone plan on picking any of these up?

the becktionary
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I heard metal gear is going to have 90 min. cut-scenes and it's going to take a 4.6 gig patch before you can play, so I'll probably pass on that, Force unleashed looks decent, Bad Company is probably going to be a purchase for me. I don't know about NGII, it seems like a common complaint but it's too hard, though I might rent it to just get a taste of it

Phinz420
05-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I heard metal gear is going to have 90 min. cut-scenes and it's going to take a 4.6 gig patch before you can play, so I'll probably pass on that, Force unleashed looks decent, Bad Company is probably going to be a purchase for me. I don't know about NGII, it seems like a common complaint but it's too hard, though I might rent it to just get a taste of it

Let's remember that MGS2 had insane cut scenes as well(wasn't it like 45 mins?). You will also be able to skip any cut scenes you wish, but they warned that those who do skip them will miss out on major story points as well as some of the best visuals you will see in a very long time.

Personally I dont hate or love cutscenes, but I do appreciate them for telling stories in a cinematic fashion while having some impressive visuals that are far beyond anything that can be put in current game play.

Still, much props to games like Half Life 2 & Resident Evil 4 for their different approaches to cut scenes.

CitizenSnips
05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I dont have a ps3 so Metal Gears out. Although I love the series and 4 sounds awesome. Just not buying a system for it.

As for Ninja Gaiden 2, i've never been a fan of the series. The difficulty is just outrageous. I love the puzzles but the bosses and just the regularly fighting are relentless. My roommates real into it though so i may get it at some point.

Force unleash is gonna be awesome. May be getting that on the Wii actually if it controls well.

Dolfan32323
05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Probably gonna get Battlefield some time in the future.

the becktionary
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Let's remember that MGS2 had insane cut scenes as well(wasn't it like 45 mins?). You will also be able to skip any cut scenes you wish, but they warned that those who do skip them will miss out on major story points as well as some of the best visuals you will see in a very long time.

Personally I dont hate or love cutscenes, but I do appreciate them for telling stories in a cinematic fashion while having some impressive visuals that are far beyond anything that can be put in current game play.

Still, much props to games like Half Life 2 & Resident Evil 4 for their different approaches to cut scenes.

if the cut scenes are interactive I might think about getting it, but it's a game I need to be sold on

Greatness920
05-28-2008, 10:42 PM
gotta hit up mtg 4 i mean come on ps3 exclusive oh yea! and bad company ill prolly get when it has a price cut 60 bucks a game is too much to get everything u want : D

FinsNCanes
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
To those saying NG is to hard I read they actually toned down the difficulty a little bit. I know what you are saying though because I got to Chapter 7 on Black and got stuck (only rented). I didn't realize MGS4 is going to have 90 min cutscenes..they better be movie quality dialogue and CGI. I don't think I can sit through that though.

Regan21286
05-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Already pre-ordered MGS4

the becktionary
05-29-2008, 01:32 PM
To those saying NG is to hard I read they actually toned down the difficulty a little bit. I know what you are saying though because I got to Chapter 7 on Black and got stuck (only rented). I didn't realize MGS4 is going to have 90 min cutscenes..they better be movie quality dialogue and CGI. I don't think I can sit through that though.

well if NGII is a little more user friendly I might buy it

Greatness920
05-31-2008, 09:23 PM
no one is prolly talking about these cuz everyone is too busy playing grand theft auto 4 !!

Dolfan5000
06-01-2008, 05:46 PM
no one is prolly talking about these cuz everyone is too busy playing grand theft auto 4 !!
That or is trying to reach 100000 kills in COD4. Haha I'm working on getting to 50000 myself.

Get Up And Go
06-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Looking forward to MSG4 and Bad Company, and the 4th quarter of 2008.

Dolphin1184
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
You can't forget Fallout 3. That game looks awesome. After so many years theres going to be another fallout.

Greatness920
06-01-2008, 08:36 PM
That or is trying to reach 100000 kills in COD4. Haha I'm working on getting to 50000 myself.

98840!! almost there with 2.12 ratio woo woo!!