PDA

View Full Version : Any Tecmo Bowl fans here?

CitizenSnips
05-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Tecmo is remaking it's football series for the Wii and the DS. I know a lot of people have played Tecmo and its considered a classic for many. Me and my roommates still play some of the ROMs every now and then.

They haven't released any Wii screens but I'm really hoping they don't even try to make a 3-d game, just keep it to classic Tecmo bowl.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/877/877678p1.html

As for the DS, it looks exactly like the old games with some new animations, which is pretty cool. Check it out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/29/joystiq-hands-on-tecmo-bowl-kickoff/

I'm actually pretty excited for the DS version.

Dolfan32323
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I hope it's as good as the original.

Lappy
05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
man I loved techmo bowl! I may get a gaming system again!

GinnVP
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM
word son, ginnvp approves this. tecmo represizent.

Predaphin
05-30-2008, 05:55 PM
How will they do it???

I thought EA sports owned all rights to the NFL. So are they going to invent teams and players? or are they planning to go old school and leave the same players from back in the days for tecmo Bowl?

CitizenSnips
05-30-2008, 06:02 PM
How will they do it???

I thought EA sports owned all rights to the NFL. So are they going to invent teams and players? or are they planning to go old school and leave the same players from back in the days for tecmo Bowl?

Looks like new teams and players.

Firing up the game, we were greeted with ... simplicity. Just as in the 8-bit original, we could choose from pre-season and season play. Our eyes were quickly drawn to the two new options: multiplayer and customization. The former is pretty basic stuff: play head-to-head versus another DS owner locally or via Nintendo WFC. The latter is surprisingly in-depth. It's possible to edit any of the 32 built-in teams to your liking.

You can change their name, city, nickname, emblem, uniform style & color, and playbook (by choosing four running and four passing plays from the game's presets, which include all of the plays from the original NES title). It's also possible to edit each player's name and stats. We know what you're thinking: "Ah-hah! A way to get around the lack of an NFL license!" Well, technically ... although Tecmo doesn't officially condone it.