PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live help for 360

FireInTheNole
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
For some reason my Xbox is using a different IP address that what my router IP is. It just started doing this Saturday with the slow connection and then Sunday my home phone line was acting screwed up. Like when I picked up the phone I had no dial tone but on Monday it was working again. I can still play but I get logged out alot and my search times are slow as all get out. I have DSL service through my phone company, could something be wrong with my DSL or router that would cause my Xbox to us a different IP address? The number is off by one digit and it won't allow me to change it to match the IP address on my router. If I change it and do the Live test we it comes to the IP address it fails every time.

Thanks

Dolfan32323
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't know the solution to this, but forums.xbox.com might be a good place to check out for more answers.

FireInTheNole
06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I forgot one thing, I went to my computer after I signed in to Xbox Live and there was a message that said there was and IP address conflict or something to that nature.

Thanks

Phin-o-rama
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM
you could try turning pc and 360 off....unplug router and modem....plug modem in and let it fully initialize, then plug router in and let it fully initialize, then turn the pc on so it can be assigned an ip....then when thats all working fine turn your 360 on and check it out.

don't know if that works, but if you do that its important to let your modem reinitialize all the way before pluggin the router in.