PDA

View Full Version : JT Situation Similar to the Kobe Situation?

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I was just thinking the other day about how this JT situation reminds me of the Kobe Bryant situation that took place last year.

I know the circumstances differ. The Lakers were still a playoff team 2 years ago and Kobe may be the 2nd coming of Jordan. Jason Taylor still has not 100% requested a trade. A good part of our team is a question mark. Many others things are also different. However when i think about what took place in LA it just gives me the same feeling as what is taking place with JT.

Being a big Laker fan i was extremely upset at Kobe last off season. Im extremely upset at JT this off season. However i believe JT will be a Dolphin this season and i think we can win some games this next season. I guess what im trying to say is that even with this distraction of JT it doesn't mean that it is nec going to mean trouble for our team chemistry. Kobe requested a trade and a year later they are in the Finals and favored 2-1 to beat the Celts. The Lakers are a special franchise in the NBA just as the Phins are a special Franchise in the NFL. I honestly dont know if this thread will be useful at all but it was just an idea i was flirting around with.

Hopefully this can spark some useful conversation and stop the bashing of JT.

FYI im a way bigger Dolphins fan then Lakers. I just watch B-Ball because it takes place in the off season..lol

So comments questions.........

jvw
06-04-2008, 12:28 AM
NO I think there very different. Kobe was on a team were the FO was not making moves to improve the team so the lakers could make a run for a championship. But more important was the fact that kobe was there practicing and working out to beter himself and his teamates even though he was crying. JT is in a situation where Wayne paid big bucks to a guy who is known to fix teams fast. Miami is making moves to improve starting with the scouts all the way down to the players. I'm a big laker fan also but I didn't like Kobe over the Shack incident. But looking back at it Kobe and Dr. Buzz was right all the way. Thats why Im glad to see Kobe where he is. He has a chance to win the big three. MVP of the league, MVP of the playoffs and then MVP of tht Olympics. Only one other person was able to do that in the same year.......Michael. Nice company that would be.

jvw
06-04-2008, 12:32 AM
Oh yea I definetly feel that JT can come back and have a productive season with no ill effects from the off season. As long as JT is on the field this FO will love him and he will love playing here. I feel very confident that he will play out the final two years of his contract and he will be here next spring leading this team the way he knows he should be now.

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 12:36 AM
NO I think there very different. Kobe was on a team were the FO was not making moves to improve the team so the lakers could make a run for a championship. But more important was the fact that kobe was there practicing and working out to beter himself and his teamates even though he was crying. JT is in a situation where Wayne paid big bucks to a guy who is known to fix teams fast. Miami is making moves to improve starting with the scouts all the way down to the players. I'm a big laker fan also but I didn't like Kobe over the Shack incident. But looking back at it Kobe and Dr. Buzz was right all the way. Thats why Im glad to see Kobe where he is. He has a chance to win the big three. MVP of the league, MVP of the playoffs and then MVP of tht Olympics. Only one other person was able to do that in the same year.......Michael. Nice company that would be.
Make sure you cite your source...."Doug Collins". JT has not said he is missing Training Camp - Sparano Said he was. And Kobe out right requested a trade....JT has done no such thing. They also both have/had the same motive.....they want to win now!

SR 7
06-04-2008, 12:39 AM

first its not to win mvp but the medal if im not mistakening.
2nd, he didnt cry he spoke out. big difference.
3, if u took shaqs side over kobes ur already a bandwagoner that just claimed hes glad b/c we can win a title now. if u dindt see the reality n' how shaq is the REAL cry baby and did ntn but try n ruin kobes career and rep which he did very well until this year dont claim to be a laker fan b/c Kobe might win those 3 awards now. plz, go be a celtics fan.

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
3, if u took shaqs side over kobes ur already a bandwagoner that just claimed hes glad b/c we can win a title now. if u dindt see the reality n' how shaq is the REAL cry baby and did ntn but try n ruin kobes career and rep which he did very well until this year dont claim to be a laker fan b/c Kobe might win those 3 awards now. plz, go be a celtics fan.

You are correct Sir.

What Jordan did was:
Win MVP
Win Finals MVP
Win Gold Medal

Lets not make this a LALA fight tho...lol

SQuinn17
06-04-2008, 03:09 AM
JT is good, but he aint kobe!

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 03:55 AM

well your cool....did u even read the post?

rayfinkle5
06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Here is another similarity:
Both teams asked way too much for a trade to happen. The Lakers kept Kobe because they could not get equal value for him in return. Up until now the Dolphins have also asked too much in return for Taylor.

Here is another difference:
Kobe was only 28 years old at the time of his beef with the Lakers. And while basketball can be physical it cannot compare to Taylor being in the trenches for 5 months out of the year. A 28 year old hoops player vs. a 34 year old D-lineman. Both players are in excellent physical shape but you have to compare how much gas is left in each players tank. Kobe has another 6 years left. Taylor?

Go Lakers... and Dodgers... and Dolphins!

jvw
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
The reality was I saw two great players who could have made history by staying on the same team and working out there differences. Kobe has matured since that time and I'm sure it would be handled differently.

Kobe was crying, when you go on talk radio and demand a trade and then the next day take it back I call that crying.

I am and always will be a Laker Fan, Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I will always drink the Kool-aid. I look at the situation and If my team is wrong I will say so. Doesnt make me less of a fan than you being a Homer.

I can tell your a Homer because you still believe JT has not requested a trade. Just because he has a press conference and denies requesting a trade doesn't make it so.

And If JT really wanted to win a championship he would be trying to build one on the team thats paying his salary. Not out trying to find live after football.

JT did not say he was missing training camp but he didnt say he would be there either. Which is what Sparano said.

I would never root for Boston I lived there for 40 years and had to endure the Bird years and all I can say is Thank God for Magic Johnson he made my time there enjoyable. I would never root for any Boston team in any sport.

jvw
06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh yea don't blame anyone but Kobe for his career taking a hit. He did some imature things all on his own.

QrtBck13
06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Here is another similarity:
Both teams asked way too much for a trade to happen. The Lakers kept Kobe because they could not get equal value for him in return. Up until now the Dolphins have also asked too much in return for Taylor.

Here is another difference:
Kobe was only 28 years old at the time of his beef with the Lakers. And while basketball can be physical it cannot compare to Taylor being in the trenches for 5 months out of the year. A 28 year old hoops player vs. a 34 year old D-lineman. Both players are in excellent physical shape but you have to compare how much gas is left in each players tank. Kobe has another 6 years left. Taylor?

Go Lakers... and Dodgers... and Dolphins!
solid point, also JT would be a guy a team would want to add who is going to make a SB run with that team being one or two good players away. Kobe is a guy you build your franchise around. I guess my point is still that even with this Taylor distraction our team Chemistry may not suffer.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn comparing Taylor to Kobe, I dont remember Jason paying off some chick to make a rape charge go away lol.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 04:57 PM
The reality was I saw two great players who could have made history by staying on the same team and working out there differences. Kobe has matured since that time and I'm sure it would be handled differently.

Kobe was crying, when you go on talk radio and demand a trade and then the next day take it back I call that crying.

I am and always will be a Laker Fan, Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I will always drink the Kool-aid. I look at the situation and If my team is wrong I will say so. Doesnt make me less of a fan than you being a Homer.

I can tell your a Homer because you still believe JT has not requested a trade. Just because he has a press conference and denies requesting a trade doesn't make it so.

And If JT really wanted to win a championship he would be trying to build one on the team thats paying his salary. Not out trying to find live after football.

JT did not say he was missing training camp but he didnt say he would be there either. Which is what Sparano said.

I would never root for Boston I lived there for 40 years and had to endure the Bird years and all I can say is Thank God for Magic Johnson he made my time there enjoyable. I would never root for any Boston team in any sport.

are you kidding me? you look at it for what it is? half ur info on LA has been wrong already.

Kobe just this week said he NEVER regrets asking for a trade nor was he joking. where did u come up with he has mature, woudl handle it diff, or ur took it back so hes crying stuff? he admitted he STILL would have as I would have or anyone else. had it been shaq he would have done what kobe did but 234432 times worse. Kwame got traded n' kobe still had his back even tho u know he hated the game he had. shaq went to PHX and then talked **** about teh team and so forth after he wnt from worst to potential contendor. plz learn ur NBA before u talk let alone clalin me a homer? im a realest and always have been and if what i said aint right go find a way to prove me wrong PLEASE.

2nd where the hell did i say JT did NOT request for a trade? ru ok? need glasses? when did i say that? ur in denial go to some dodger games and cheer for Andrew Jones.

he would try to build one on a team taht is paying his salary? what the hell did he do by taking all those paycuts half his career or trying to get better players? do you KNOW ANYTHING of sports? Holy moses.

When ur 34 and u dont have 1 single player on ur team that u can say cna carry u far into the playoffs or even to a 8 and 8 record what can 1 year of offseason do to make u win a championship? lmao bro it took LA 4 yrs till the players matured, u think in football it takes 1 offseason?

SR 7
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Damn comparing Taylor to Kobe, I dont remember Jason paying off some chick to make a rape charge go away lol.

rape charge? r u kidding me.
first of all evrey player screws other girls in every sport and they pay em off to keep their mouth shut. kobe chose not to do that so the girl went and claimed rape. mind you she screwed 3 guys in 3 days. 2nd, what makes u think JT never did that? u honeslty dont think he even hooked up wiht the DWTS chick? if u dont think that possibility exists ur oblivious to life itself.

zach8111
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
well making a playoff basket ball team a finals team in 1 year is a lot easier than making a Nfl team into a superbowl champ.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
rape charge? r u kidding me.
first of all evrey player screws other girls in every sport and they pay em off to keep their mouth shut. kobe chose not to do that so the girl went and claimed rape. mind you she screwed 3 guys in 3 days. 2nd, what makes u think JT never did that? u honeslty dont think he even hooked up wiht the DWTS chick? if u dont think that possibility exists ur oblivious to life itself.

I have no clue but he has never been charged with rape. Hell if he hooked up with that chick thats on him. Kobe is a little ***** that I have no respect at all for, he gets in trouble then instead of addressing things he brings up shaq's name. He is a pure *****.

jvw
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
are you kidding me? you look at it for what it is? half ur info on LA has been wrong already.

Kobe just this week said he NEVER regrets asking for a trade nor was he joking. where did u come up with he has mature, woudl handle it diff, or ur took it back so hes crying stuff? he admitted he STILL would have as I would have or anyone else. had it been shaq he would have done what kobe did but 234432 times worse. Kwame got traded n' kobe still had his back even tho u know he hated the game he had. shaq went to PHX and then talked **** about teh team and so forth after he wnt from worst to potential contendor. plz learn ur NBA before u talk let alone clalin me a homer? im a realest and always have been and if what i said aint right go find a way to prove me wrong PLEASE.

2nd where the hell did i say JT did NOT request for a trade? ru ok? need glasses? when did i say that? ur in denial go to some dodger games and cheer for Andrew Jones.

he would try to build one on a team taht is paying his salary? what the hell did he do by taking all those paycuts half his career or trying to get better players? do you KNOW ANYTHING of sports? Holy moses.

When ur 34 and u dont have 1 single player on ur team that u can say cna carry u far into the playoffs or even to a 8 and 8 record what can 1 year of offseason do to make u win a championship? lmao bro it took LA 4 yrs till the players matured, u think in football it takes 1 offseason?
Just this week Kobe also said he and Shack are cool with each other and the press made more out of it than it was and we know that's not the truth. I was refering to Kobe handling the Shack situation differently not about wanting a trade. If Kobe didnt put pressure on the FO Gasol may not be there right now (even though I like Bynum more, Gasol needs to get in the gym hes to weak.) I'm glad Kobe did what he did. What JT is doing is totally different and Wrong.

Taking a pay cut? LMFAO!!!!! time for you to get your story straight. JT may have restructured his contract but I gurantee you he didn't take a pay cut. Get real, by restructuring, a player gets more money up front so it can be spread out over several years to lessen the cap hit. And when did JT become GM to try to get better players?

your 34 you had a long good career doesn't mean you get a Super Bowl Ring. You have to earn those or Dan Marino would have one for every finger.

I still cant figure out what you are trying to say about Kwame Brown and Shack and having someones back, what does that have to do with what were talking about? Shack'ss an ******* so what, that's not the topic.

And I see your Laker History is just that HIS Story.

About the girls yea I agree players do screw these gold diggers and pay them off but when they get caught they don't call out former Teamates by name as doing the same thing. Thats the maturity part I was talking about. If that situation happened now Kobe wouldn't be pointing fingers at his teamates like some ***** saying he does it to.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Just this week Kobe also said he and Shack are cool with each other and the press made more out of it than it was and we know that's not the truth. I was refering to Kobe handling the Shack situation differently not about wanting a trade. If Kobe didnt put pressure on the FO Gasol may not be there right now (even though I like Bynum more, Gasol needs to get in the gym hes to weak.) I'm glad Kobe did what he did. What JT is doing is totally different and Wrong.

Taking a pay cut? LMFAO!!!!! time for you to get your story straight. JT may have restructured his contract but I gurantee you he didn't take a pay cut. Get real, by restructuring, a player gets more money up front so it can be spread out over several years to lessen the cap hit. And when did JT become GM to try to get better players?

your 34 you had a long good career doesn't mean you get a Super Bowl Ring. You have to earn those or Dan Marino would have one for every finger.

I still cant figure out what you are trying to say about Kwame Brown and Shack and having someones back, what does that have to do with what were talking about? Shack'ss an ******* so what, that's not the topic.

About the girls yea I agree players do screw these gold diggers and pay them off but when they get caught they don't call out former Teamates by name as doing the same thing. Thats the maturity part I was talking about. If that situation happened now Kobe wouldn't be pointing fingers at his teamates like some ***** saying he does it to.

Kobe is just lucky the laker's old buddy just gave away a good player while getting pure crap in return. A backup big man making big money, a crappy mid round pick that will never be anything and two late round picks. Kobe is like anybody else he only ******* when they dont win, now that they are winning he will shut up for most part.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
well making a playoff basket ball team a finals team in 1 year is a lot easier than making a Nfl team into a superbowl champ.

wow someone wiht some brain cells. just look at the celtics. in the nba u need some decent role players with 2 very good players. in the nfl u need about 8 GOOD players with about 3 VERY good players on each side. and i jsut threw that out im sure if i put more time into thinkin of that it would be a lot higher then just 3.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Kobe is just lucky the laker's old buddy just gave away a good player while getting pure crap in return. A backup big man making big money, a crappy mid round pick that will never be anything and two late round picks. Kobe is like anybody else he only ******* when they dont win, now that they are winning he will shut up for most part.

are you a jordan fan? or lebron? or anything? ANY OTHER GREAT PLAYER JUST LIEK OUR VERY OWN WOULD DO THE SAME. u have no idea what u r talking about. Lebron got mad that the team dindt help him out this year while other teams were. no one said nething about it but b/c kobe had a bad rep and he is only the greatest player on teh planet at the moment obvoulsy itll make headlines. u have ur kobe haters and ur kobe lovers/supporters. poor man has no middle ground.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 06:18 PM
are you a jordan fan? or lebron? or anything? ANY OTHER GREAT PLAYER JUST LIEK OUR VERY OWN WOULD DO THE SAME. u have no idea what u r talking about. Lebron got mad that the team dindt help him out this year while other teams were. no one said nething about it but b/c kobe had a bad rep and he is only the greatest player on teh planet at the moment obvoulsy itll make headlines. u have ur kobe haters and ur kobe lovers/supporters. poor man has no middle ground.

I never said Kobe wasnt a great player I just said the Memphis gave them a good player and got nothing in return thus making it possible for all the Kobe Lovers to ride his jock even harder. Dont be suprised if the Lakers lose even with everyone riding thier jock. The celtics are not exactly scrubs and did not need favorable ref calls to help them close out thier series. I personally think Kobe is an idiot and and cant wait to see the press conference when they lose.

Mogwai
06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Eww comparing JT to Kobe that's the worst insult yet towards JT. I hope JT doesn't look to "instill his DNA" into his teammates and sticks to doing that with his dance partner.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 06:21 PM

thats the problem this generation of players dont have the same morals or loyalty the past players do/did.

Old school players dont want to go somewhere else to win they wna win where htey started. unlike GP and Malone that tried to basically LEACH a ring off good teams by leaving. r u kidding me? u leave UTAH TO LA TO WIN A TITLE? Thats like Harrison going to NE to win a SB or Thomas goi to NE to win a SB except he wasn't on the lvl of malone or gp were during their primes in their respective sports. ZT is great but Malone is a BONAFIDE HOFer and one of the best and i hate that man more then u can think of but he still bailed on his Utah team for a title. thats pathetic low and shows how much respect u got for ppl and loyalty. u shoudn't be surprised.

we dont know what its like we sit behind a desk n talk about it as if we know but we dont evne know 85% of the crap these guys go thru or feelings. I am sure if u were JT or Malone ud watn a trade too and odnt say u wouldn't b/c uve never been in that position to know how u wuold respond. So all we can do is discuss and thats that. Find a way to respect a players choices to a degree. JT is doin the right thing but same time BP is doin something stupid by ignoring the man that has been this face for the past 23432 yrs as Freeney said himself.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I never said Kobe wasnt a great player I just said the Memphis gave them a good player and got nothing in return thus making it possible for all the Kobe Lovers to ride his jock even harder. Dont be suprised if the Lakers lose even with everyone riding thier jock. The celtics are not exactly scrubs and did not need favorable ref calls to help them close out thier series. I personally think Kobe is an idiot and and cant wait to see the press conference when they lose.

loll ru kidding me? favorable play calls? ur bias/homerism and lack of ability to sustain a credible reputation just went down teh drain. if u are referring to the brent barry call, ok, fine but to say "calls?" name one other CALL "s" that occured but that and even the players/coaches, and GMers all over the nba said it wasn't a foul. presonally it was and i bet u 10 bucks if it was jordan, kobe, lebron, garnett, in barrys spot that was 2 Free THrows no questions asked but it wasn't, it was Barry and the league has said the last 2 minutes they dont call the game the same way and especially on game winning chances they dont wna give FT's instead they want the players to earn it. its been that way for years and i think it STUPID but it is what it is so dont throw that crap on LA. Find a better excuse to hate on a team thats doing well and has a chance to bring a title home each of the next 4-5 years.

Hey bro, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Kobe and fisher, deal with it cuz u got 5 yrs of contention comin! :) followed with the machine, ariza, Radman, Turiaf, Farmar, Walton and so forth. Deepest team in the league, best team in the league, wiht the best player in the world. Dont hate baby appreciate it cuz before u know it these great players will be gone and ull be stuck watching the Frerrotes, Fiedlers, Feeleys, of this world. thats what i learned after pippen and Jordan retired and i hated both but man do i wish i appreciated em then instead of now cuz they were amaazing and when i hated em then i missed out on some great talent n now i learned to appreciate em.

DaBills4life
06-04-2008, 06:31 PM

As a Bills fan I think Jason Taylor is the best at his position, so he does relate to Kobe. JT may be the best defensive player in football, Kobe is the best offensive player in basketball.

Anyways, JT is only playing 1 more year so there is no comparison to the Kobe trade demand.

Chad Johnson is closer to the Kobe situation.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 06:34 PM
As a Bills fan I think Jason Taylor is the best at his position, so he does relate to Kobe. JT may be the best defensive player in football, Kobe is the best offensive player in basketball.

Anyways, JT is only playing 1 more year so there is no comparison to the Kobe trade demand.

Chad Johnson is closer to the Kobe situation.

true but kobe is the best player all around. not just offense. the mans the best offensive player to PLAY THE GAME IN ITS HISTORY take it to the bank and hes been first team defense numurous times. Unlike lebron he doesnt let players score 45 on him in the playoffs.

Kobe is the most complete player in the nba and in the world but by far the best offensive player to play. As Phil said, hes nevre seen neone take a game over, turn it on and off, and do whatever he wants whenever he wants in his life. n' tahts after coaching jordan and being best friends wiht the man.

jvw
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Well there was a couple of reason he left Utah his boy was gone and they were ok with him leaving. He was a shell of himself by the team he tried to leach that ring. and If I was Malone yes I would go find a ring his career was over. JT has two to three great years left if he wants to and then another 2 to 3 years playing 20-25 plays a game. In JT case I would play out my remaining two years with the dolphins and then as a FA decide where I want to play. If the team didn't do enough then you leave. Especially since you know your not going to be traded why not try to make the guys that are on your team better by being there. Strahan is almost 40 and he can walk on to almost any top ten team and they would take him. JT will have that same option. I believe JT wants to play somewhere else regardless if they are contenders or not. All this crap your reading and repeating is PR stuff. Thats why I'm pissed. Like I said before I wouldn't have a problem if this was about money. Players derserve to make as much as they can when they can. But to force a Trade? I deserve a ring? go out an earn a ring. I will be rooting JT on as usuall when the season starts but that doesn't mean I have to buy into his spin job.

SpaceMountain16
06-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Kobe?

Please, when JT is a Hollywood Star he wont be jumping over fake cars and computer generated snake pits! He'll be doing the real deal, he's a man!

DaBills4life
06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
true but kobe is the best player all around. not just offense. the mans the best offensive player to PLAY THE GAME IN ITS HISTORY take it to the bank and hes been first team defense numurous times. Unlike lebron he doesnt let players score 45 on him in the playoffs.

Kobe is the most complete player in the nba and in the world but by far the best offensive player to play. As Phil said, hes nevre seen neone take a game over, turn it on and off, and do whatever he wants whenever he wants in his life. n' tahts after coaching jordan and being best friends wiht the man.

Its hard to say if he is the best offensive player of all-time. I still would say Wilt Chamberlain is. He could be when its all said and done.

And Kobe isn't a better defensive player then Jordan was. Kobe is a good defender, just not Jordan good.

jvw
06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Phils a liar. lol I watched Jordan and Kobe. They are very close in skills but I would still take Jordan. Jordan never had to turn it on or off he always had it on. Well maybe phil is right. Kobe is by far the best player after Jordan and its not even close. Labron cant carrry Kobe jock. The lakers can easily get 3 more in a row right now with the team they have especially when, if Bynum comes back healthy.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 06:57 PM
loll ru kidding me? favorable play calls? ur bias/homerism and lack of ability to sustain a credible reputation just went down teh drain. if u are referring to the brent barry call, ok, fine but to say "calls?" name one other CALL "s" that occured but that and even the players/coaches, and GMers all over the nba said it wasn't a foul. presonally it was and i bet u 10 bucks if it was jordan, kobe, lebron, garnett, in barrys spot that was 2 Free THrows no questions asked but it wasn't, it was Barry and the league has said the last 2 minutes they dont call the game the same way and especially on game winning chances they dont wna give FT's instead they want the players to earn it. its been that way for years and i think it STUPID but it is what it is so dont throw that crap on LA. Find a better excuse to hate on a team thats doing well and has a chance to bring a title home each of the next 4-5 years.

Hey bro, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Kobe and fisher, deal with it cuz u got 5 yrs of contention comin! :) followed with the machine, ariza, Radman, Turiaf, Farmar, Walton and so forth. Deepest team in the league, best team in the league, wiht the best player in the world. Dont hate baby appreciate it cuz before u know it these great players will be gone and ull be stuck watching the Frerrotes, Fiedlers, Feeleys, of this world. thats what i learned after pippen and Jordan retired and i hated both but man do i wish i appreciated em then instead of now cuz they were amaazing and when i hated em then i missed out on some great talent n now i learned to appreciate em.

That was a huge call that might have changed the whole series. Any player, coach or anybody else that thinks that wasnt a foul does not have a clue. It was a clear foul. The celtics on the other hand were having calls made against them that havent been called in 10 years. Only in the celtic series can a player take a jump shot and be called for an offensive foul.
Also that is not some unbeatable team you just mentioned in the Lakers in fact they still have to get by a team that beat them twice this season and had the best record in the league. Deepest team in the league yeah ok, who do they have so good on the bench.

SpaceMountain16
06-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Lol, people taking Kobe Bryant over Michael Jordan are out of their minds.

zach8111
06-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Lol, people taking Kobe Bryant over Michael Jordan are out of their minds.

jordan is the best by far right now. kobe is in the mix and i think in a few year lebron will be too. remember he (lebron) is only 23 years old. i think right now he competes with kobe as best player in the league

SR 7
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
That was a huge call that might have changed the whole series. Any player, coach or anybody else that thinks that wasnt a foul does not have a clue. It was a clear foul. The celtics on the other hand were having calls made against them that havent been called in 10 years. Only in the celtic series can a player take a jump shot and be called for an offensive foul.
Also that is not some unbeatable team you just mentioned in the Lakers in fact they still have to get by a team that beat them twice this season and had the best record in the league. Deepest team in the league yeah ok, who do they have so good on the bench.

first of all u sound like a celts fan and if not ur cl early a hater beyond thought on LA that ur turning into a celts fan. loll its ok.

ok relaly? celts got w/e they wanted bro they went to 7 games vs teh HAWKS!!!!!!!!! r u kidding me?
on top of that did u not watch ne LA games? lakers did not catch breaks with calls. From utah series to SA. last i recall, Duncan took 3 steps, with 2 stutter steps from teh 3 point line w/out dribbling once for a dunk n ntn was called. so plz before u talk think, if u can't think, do some research, or dont evne talk. uve lost any crediblility uve ever had and thats bad cuz that can lead to many other things such as even ur miami dolphins info. stop ur hating cuz its making u look bad by putting out all this misinformation.

i never said BOST is a walk in the park, im actually worried cuz they are a very good D team. and u said deepest bench ok? PLZ tell me that wasn't you typing that. they have been known for having the best bench if not top 2-3 in the league this ENTIRE year let alone PLAYOFFS! if that aint enough i just stated the entire team for u and u still think its not deep? do u konw how bball works? u evne know what bball is? the round ball that bounces up n down n goes through a hoop? wiht a net hanging from it. we r talking about the same sport right?

and for ur info, best record dont mean jack cuz if u wna look at it that way, they played in the EAST which is a cheezer conference, the 8th seed was what? 37 wins? in the west u needed 52 wins or so to get in. let alone the best team in the league couldnt beat the worst seed in the east which was not even prob a 12 seed had one existed in the west.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 07:12 PM
jordan is the best by far right now. kobe is in the mix and i think in a few year lebron will be too. remember he (lebron) is only 23 years old. i think right now he competes with kobe as best player in the league

he is not the best by far r u kidding me? jordan himself called kobe the greatest player on the planet. players that played against jordan say kobe will be the best to play when tis said and done. Kobe goes up against bowen, artest, bell, Tmac, lebron adn so forth. jordan went up against starks? who? come again? against allen houston? say what? Hornacek/russel? we talking nba here still? on defense? plz.

lebron does NOT compete with kobe nor will he until he steps his game up. lebron is soft, his offense outside of 18 feet BLOWS, hes ranked the worst 3 pt shooter as far as this test went regarding attempts, %, makes n something else. I heard it like 3 weeks ago whch was a new system and he was DEAD last. ive never seen a "2nd bset player in the nba comparing to Kobe or jordan" hit the backboard or airball 3's or 20 footers as many times as lebron does. o and lebrons defense is no where near kobe or jordans. lebron let pierce win teh series. plz. the SCARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY thing abotu lebron is like u said, 23 yrs old, 260 lbs and moves like a 210 lb monster. he is not real. he is as freakish of a human as Dwight howard is. Dhoward reminds me of a horse, his muscles and everything is unreal but lebron, jsut his body is not humanesque so to say. but game play? the way he is goin he wont be near the kobes or jordans unless he makes those changes i stated above.

jvw
06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Jordan went up against Detriot...the bad boys, those 80 celtic teams, Phili, Lakers,Utah, Portland, Charles Barkley and the Suns, KJ, AI, The glove,Seatle these teams played great team defense. lol Hornacek and russell and alan houston lol then he went up against those tough NY team. He dropped 63 on the celtics in his first playoff game. I would say the competition Jordan faced is better than what Kobe is facing. I love Kobe but he ain't no Jordan. We will take a look again after his career is over.

Kobe said this himself.... Don't compare me with the greatest to ever play the game don't do that to me just let me be the best I can be........ So true Kobe

jvw
06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh and Lebron got a lot of work to do to get up to Kobe game. To me the regular season means nothing it what you do in the playoffs. Labron has a nice drive to the basket and thats it. Once he learns to pass off of that drive and hit that 18 footer with consistenscy he would still need to up his game on defense just to be talked about with Kobe. We will check back with him when hes 28 and see where he is.

SQuinn17
06-04-2008, 07:53 PM
well your cool....did u even read the post?
actually yes, i did read your post. and once again i'll reiterate it the fact that.... JT ISNT KOBE!!!

SR 7
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Jordan went up against Detriot...the bad boys, those 80 celtic teams, Phili, Lakers,Utah, Portland, Charles Barkley and the Suns, KJ, AI, The glove,Seatle these teams played great team defense. lol Hornacek and russell and alan houston lol then he went up against those tough NY team. He dropped 63 on the celtics in his first playoff game. I would say the competition Jordan faced is better than what Kobe is facing. I love Kobe but he ain't no Jordan. We will take a look again after his career is over.

Kobe said this himself.... Don't compare me with the greatest to ever play the game don't do that to me just let me be the best I can be........ So true Kobe

what does who he went up against have to do wiht the players level of play at the time against jordan? none of em were capable of playing the D that artest, bowen, tmac, lebron, and so forth have. plz man think outside the box. AI? AI did ntn but get steals he had no defense and ur comparing a 6'1 cat at what 180 lbs or soemthing against a bowen? an artest? a 6'8 260 lebron? wow bro plz.

and for this statement...plz think outside teh box, the lines, the whatever u want. Did you ALSO not hear him say I want to be teh greatest to play teh game but i want to be ME not jordan. in other words, dont look at my image as jordan esque or the man after jordan but as the man that is simply the man, kobe. dont put another name next to it or another type. He said he wants to be the best to play the game but looka t him as HIM not as the best to play compared to jordan. there is a HUGEEEEEEEEEE difference and if u dont see that im sorry ull just nevre understand. maybe i do b/c i played ball throughout HS coll n my life and i went up against a player very similar to me that was always a head to head match up and i didnt like the fact that it was compared as us 2 neither did he. we were our OWN guys with our OWN style. he was more of a physical carmelo anthony style where as i had a mix of AI/kobe type. from acrobatic to agiility and style of play but neither of us wanted to be compared to one another. we were our own players and wanted to be the best but best among ourselves not someone else.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh and Lebron got a lot of work to do to get up to Kobe game. To me the regular season means nothing it what you do in the playoffs. Labron has a nice drive to the basket and thats it. Once he learns to pass off of that drive and hit that 18 footer with consistenscy he would still need to up his game on defense just to be talked about with Kobe. We will check back with him when hes 28 and see where he is.

lebron has teh chacne to be the best only b/c of his size ability age and potential but his mentality aint the same as those 2. unless that changes he has a shot. ive never seen a man with such ability but his shot, his stroke aint newhere near as nice as kobe or jordans. lebrons shot is dirty ugly and his 3's are HORRID

dlockz
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
[quote=SR 7;1062516356]first of all u sound like a celts fan and if not ur cl early a hater beyond thought on LA that ur turning into a celts fan. loll its ok.

ok relaly? celts got w/e they wanted bro they went to 7 games vs teh HAWKS!!!!!!!!! r u kidding me?
on top of that did u not watch ne LA games? lakers did not catch breaks with calls. From utah series to SA. last i recall, Duncan took 3 steps, with 2 stutter steps from teh 3 point line w/out dribbling once for a dunk n ntn was called. so plz before u talk think, if u can't think, do some research, or dont evne talk. uve lost any crediblility uve ever had and thats bad cuz that can lead to many other things such as even ur miami dolphins info. stop ur hating cuz its making u look bad by putting out all this misinformation.

The Celtics had a dominant record versus the west also. 2-0 against these great lakers with Bynum and minus gasol. Big deal they went 7 games versus the Hawks and Cavs, they also beat the team with the second best record in the league the Pistons. there are better benches in the league than the lakers or the Celtics, there is not one starter level player on LA's bench. What misinformation am I putting out. What you fail to realize is that the Celtics beat the west teams just like the east teams including your beloved Laker's twice. Name one player on the laker's bench that would start anywhere else. Hey if you want to ride the laker's bandwagon fine but dont act like they are so much better than the rest of the league. Do you think the Pistons were not one of the best teams in the league and ther celtics did beat them so its pretty assured they could beat the Lakers just as well

jvw
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Its called Team defense, The players over the last 25 years can not be defended by one person Period. If you don't have good team defense players like Kobe and Jordan will kill you. When the spurs tried to guard Kobe with Bowen it was a mismatch. As great a defender bowen is he cant check kobe one on one. Jordan went up against the greatest one on one defender ever in Denise Rodman and he still needed back up to keep Jordan under 40. Thats why I think this will be a good series with Boston bringing that defense against the lakes High potent offense. You sound like your a 16 years old or something to think Kobe is a good as Jordan right now. Stop going by what people tell you and use your own judgement on whos better. I have seen both of there entire pro careers and it isnt even close, this series will be a good test for Kobe going forward over the next few years.

Also I know what Kobe said after and that is what he's suppose to say but he knows right know he cant carry Jordans jock. Thats what drives him and what has made him what he is today. Is the drive to be the best. He sees how high that bar is and he's going after it that's why I like him. Kobe whole game is patent after Michael game they are very similar in styles Everything Kobe does is a jordan rip off. The way he talks to the media and the fans, how hard he practices how he treats his players etc,,,,, everything...... Kobe wants to be Michael Jordan Period. So don't compare your situation with Kobe its not the same. It sounds like you guys where two different type of players trying to make your own name for yourself. Kobe is following in Michael Footsteps and already sees the Name michael has made. I would agree with you if Kobe and Michael played at the same time. Then it becomes more of each trying to find there niche. If or when Kobe does reach those heights at that point he won't have to worry about Jordan because he would have already made is mark. At this point he's chasing Jordan legacy.

Nice to have some Basketball talk with a little JT thrown in. My Prediction for the Series.

Lakers split the first two in Boston then take 2 out of three at home then close them out on the road in game 6.

Lakers in Six!!!

Mogwai
06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Its hard to say if he is the best offensive player of all-time. I still would say Wilt Chamberlain is. He could be when its all said and done.

And Kobe isn't a better defensive player then Jordan was. Kobe is a good defender, just not Jordan good.
It's more than hard to say that, it's impossible to say that.

Kobe is not Jordan and he's not Chamberlain. I'm not convinced he's Magic, Bird, Robertson, Kareem, West, etc. Offense is more than just scoring. Kobe is an awesome player though. No way I would take that away from him, but it's ridiculous to call him the greatest of all time. He's playing in a defensively watered down NBA with ridiculous hand check rules. Jordan would crush this era. If you thought he was good in the 90's, in his prime he would have dominated the 2000's like no one else.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
[quote=SR 7;1062516356]first of all u sound like a celts fan and if not ur cl early a hater beyond thought on LA that ur turning into a celts fan. loll its ok.

The Celtics had a dominant record versus the west also. 2-0 against these great lakers with Bynum and minus gasol. Big deal they went 7 games versus the Hawks and Cavs, they also beat the team with the second best record in the league the Pistons. there are better benches in the league than the lakers or the Celtics, there is not one starter level player on LA's bench. What misinformation am I putting out. What you fail to realize is that the Celtics beat the west teams just like the east teams including your beloved Laker's twice. Name one player on the laker's bench that would start anywhere else. Hey if you want to ride the laker's bandwagon fine but dont act like they are so much better than the rest of the league. Do you think the Pistons were not one of the best teams in the league and ther celtics did beat them so its pretty assured they could beat the Lakers just as well

bro you dont know nething about bball. like at all. When LA lost to boston, we had no gasol, which is a major diff b/c our offense iwth Gasol had he played all year was on pace to be 2nd best. with bynum it was NO where near that it was more of a defensive team. 2nd the team chemistry and play was not on the same level then as it was after gasols trade. So waht they beat the team with the 2nd best record? wow, we beat utah spurs and denver all in which were better hten those 3 combined so whats your point? we played in the west not hte east another major idfference. Why do you always think your right bro? your 41 learn to change. unless its too late. everyone and the world knows LA has one of the deepest benches if not the deepest but you still think they dont. its annoying already learn some sports. There is not 1 starter on LAs bench? first of all, a bench isn't considered deep due to starter material or not learn once again adn 2nd, they do. if you recall walton, radman, ariza, and farmar are all starter material. HENCE A DEEP BENCH!!!! HOLY MOSES GO PLAY PING PONG U DONO JACK!
I dont fail to realize taht they beat us i do realize it hence im worried but doing what u do in the season has ntn to do wiht hte playoffs as the other poster said earlier that posted just after htis post of yours. its what happens in the playoffs that matter. so ur point once again is pointless. lakers bandwagon? ru ok? ive been a LA fan sinc ei was born, far longer then a dolphin fan. so there aint no bandwagon u homer. grow up.
pistons are good but better then the spurs? the NO hornets? uh NO. LA beat pistons once and it would have been twice had the stupid lucky 3 by prince not occured to win by 1 point. or else thats 2 for LA 0 for Det so wahts your point once again? and that was w/out gasol. so tell me your point? plz bro all this time your wasting go read stuff on google before u post.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062516400]

bro you dont know nething about bball. like at all. When LA lost to boston, we had no gasol, which is a major diff b/c our offense iwth Gasol had he played all year was on pace to be 2nd best. with bynum it was NO where near that it was more of a defensive team. 2nd the team chemistry and play was not on the same level then as it was after gasols trade. So waht they beat the team with the 2nd best record? wow, we beat utah spurs and denver all in which were better hten those 3 combined so whats your point? we played in the west not hte east another major idfference. Why do you always think your right bro? your 41 learn to change. unless its too late. everyone and the world knows LA has one of the deepest benches if not the deepest but you still think they dont. its annoying already learn some sports. There is not 1 starter on LAs bench? first of all, a bench isn't considered deep due to starter material or not learn once again adn 2nd, they do. if you recall walton, radman, ariza, and farmar are all starter material. HENCE A DEEP BENCH!!!! HOLY MOSES GO PLAY PING PONG U DONO JACK!
I dont fail to realize taht they beat us i do realize it hence im worried but doing what u do in the season has ntn to do wiht hte playoffs as the other poster said earlier that posted just after htis post of yours. its what happens in the playoffs that matter. so ur point once again is pointless. lakers bandwagon? ru ok? ive been a LA fan sinc ei was born, far longer then a dolphin fan. so there aint no bandwagon u homer. grow up.
pistons are good but better then the spurs? the NO hornets? uh NO. LA beat pistons once and it would have been twice had the stupid lucky 3 by prince not occured to win by 1 point. or else thats 2 for LA 0 for Det so wahts your point once again? and that was w/out gasol. so tell me your point? plz bro all this time your wasting go read stuff on google before u post.

So because you disagree I dont know anything about Basketball. You act like Garnett, Pierce and Allen cannot contend with the lakers. Its basically Kobe, Gasol and Odom versus Garnett, Pierce and Allen. The benches are pretty damn even the Celts have Posey, Allen, Davis, Cassel and Brown.
The facts are the Lakers did not beat the celtics and the Celtics are better than any team the lakers beat. The celtics were 25-5 in the western conf while the Lakers were 20-10 versus the so called weak east. The Pistons were 22-8 versus the West. So maybe you should do more than just google your facts. Lets not act like these teams were not good enough to be at the top of the west as well as the east. Celtics were 2-0 versus the Spurs also. Also like i said before if not for the very bad call the Spurs series could have went 7 games. Once you are down 3-1 your done for so 2-2 would have made a world of differance.

SpaceMountain16
06-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Kobe has yet to win a single title as the Lakers number one option, a feat Jordan accomplished six times. Kobe is a great player, but being a flashy dunker and great scorer doesn't put him in the same league as Jordan. Jordan was not of this earth.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Its called Team defense, The players over the last 25 years can not be defended by one person Period. If you don't have good team defense players like Kobe and Jordan will kill you. When the spurs tried to guard Kobe with Bowen it was a mismatch. As great a defender bowen is he cant check kobe one on one. Jordan went up against the greatest one on one defender ever in Denise Rodman and he still needed back up to keep Jordan under 40. Thats why I think this will be a good series with Boston bringing that defense against the lakes High potent offense. You sound like your a 16 years old or something to think Kobe is a good as Jordan right now. Stop going by what people tell you and use your own judgement on whos better. I have seen both of there entire pro careers and it isnt even close, this series will be a good test for Kobe going forward over the next few years.

Also I know what Kobe said after and that is what he's suppose to say but he knows right know he cant carry Jordans jock. Thats what drives him and what has made him what he is today. Is the drive to be the best. He sees how high that bar is and he's going after it that's why I like him. Kobe whole game is patent after Michael game they are very similar in styles Everything Kobe does is a jordan rip off. The way he talks to the media and the fans, how hard he practices how he treats his players etc,,,,, everything...... Kobe wants to be Michael Jordan Period. So don't compare your situation with Kobe its not the same. It sounds like you guys where two different type of players trying to make your own name for yourself. Kobe is following in Michael Footsteps and already sees the Name michael has made. I would agree with you if Kobe and Michael played at the same time. Then it becomes more of each trying to find there niche. If or when Kobe does reach those heights at that point he won't have to worry about Jordan because he would have already made is mark. At this point he's chasing Jordan legacy.

Nice to have some Basketball talk with a little JT thrown in. My Prediction for the Series.

Lakers split the first two in Boston then take 2 out of three at home then close them out on the road in game 6.

Lakers in Six!!!
All-Time Defensive Efficiency Leaders, Relative to League*TeamYearDef. Eff.League Avg.DifferentialSan Antonio2003-0492.31100.84-8.53New York1992-9396.77105.07-8.20Boston2007-0896.16104.14-7.98New York1993-9495.85103.72-7.83San Antonio2004-0595.80103.09-7.29
if that chart comes out messed up ehre is the link...http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=OffenseDefense-080604

dont tell me Jordan went up against great "TEAM DEFENSE FAR MORE" then kobe. plz dont.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Kobe has yet to win a single title as the Lakers number one option, a feat Jordan accomplished six times. Kobe is a great player, but being a flashy dunker and great scorer doesn't put him in the same league as Jordan. Jordan was not of this earth.

lmao go learn bball as well. jordan did the same dunks if not flashier and great scorer. what u LACK to understand or acknowledge is that jordan had the top 50 greatest players on his team known as PIPPEN, then had arguable one of the best defenders, rebounders, and screw wiht ur head and take u out of the game players in rodman, a man known to be one of the best 6th mens in Kukuc, a guy that was pretty good in Kerr and Paxon. Oh yea, some dude by the name of BJ armstrong that was a shooter and a very good leader in Harper. Kobe has no namers past gasol and odom that hes turned into VERY GoOD PLAYERS along with Fisher being a very good player on his own.

ur stuck to the same argument ppl taht dont know about sports. Hey marino isn't the best QB bc he nevr won a ring. thats what ur saying basically. get a clue.

SR 7
06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
[quote=SR 7;1062516408]

So because you disagree I dont know anything about Basketball. You act like Garnett, Pierce and Allen cannot contend with the lakers. Its basically Kobe, Gasol and Odom versus Garnett, Pierce and Allen. The benches are pretty damn even the Celts have Posey, Allen, Davis, Cassel and Brown.
The facts are the Lakers did not beat the celtics and the Celtics are better than any team the lakers beat. The celtics were 25-5 in the western conf while the Lakers were 20-10 versus the so called weak east. The Pistons were 22-8 versus the West. So maybe you should do more than just google your facts. Lets not act like these teams were not good enough to be at the top of the west as well as the east. Celtics were 2-0 versus the Spurs also. Also like i said before if not for the very bad call the Spurs series could have went 7 games. Once you are down 3-1 your done for so 2-2 would have made a world of differance.

to be honest with you i stopped reading when u said our 3 vs their 3. i have no energy to once again bring up the same facts, information, and so forth. its pointless its like talking to a wall. Until u post something with some sort of sense i aint responding back its getting tiresome.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062516425]

to be honest with you i stopped reading when u said our 3 vs their 3. i have no energy to once again bring up the same facts, information, and so forth. its pointless its like talking to a wall. Until u post something with some sort of sense i aint responding back its getting tiresome.

Well I guess facts get in the way of your arguement. The Celtics still had a better winning percentage in the west than any other team so spin this however you like. You have no facts that show LA is a better team just your opinion.

dlockz
06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062516425]

I never said our three I said the Boston big three versus the LA big three. Will Kobe be hard to stop yes, but the Lakers have noone to stop Garnett and Gasol cannot guard his shadow.

QrtBck13
06-05-2008, 01:09 AM
actually yes, i did read your post. and once again i'll reiterate it the fact that.... JT ISNT KOBE!!!
thats not even what the post asks or states. Im comparing thier situtations, Kobe's of last year and JT's of this year. Did i ask if JT was as good as kobe? no i didnt. thanks for the input.

QrtBck13
06-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Phils a liar. lol I watched Jordan and Kobe. They are very close in skills but I would still take Jordan. Jordan never had to turn it on or off he always had it on. Well maybe phil is right. Kobe is by far the best player after Jordan and its not even close. Labron cant carrry Kobe jock. The lakers can easily get 3 more in a row right now with the team they have especially when, if Bynum comes back healthy.

I personally believe Kobe is a better fundamentally sound player then Jordan was. He has a much larger range on the court of where he can hurt the defense. Now Jordan on the other hand was a better leader, better team player, and hit the most clutch shots. Jordan right now was better than Kobe is. But if Kobe goes on and wins maybe 2 or 3 more finals possibly with a healthy Bynum does he get more credit than Jordan did? Will he be known as better than Jordan was? Its up in the air.....one thing we kinda are forgetting is that this is Kobe's prime. Hes got 3 finals in the bag prior to his prime.......who knows at this point if he will be beter than Jordan was....the jury's still out.

QrtBck13
06-05-2008, 01:31 AM
[quote=SR 7;1062516472]

Well I guess facts get in the way of your arguement. The Celtics still had a better winning percentage in the west than any other team so spin this however you like. You have no facts that show LA is a better team just your opinion.

The post season is so different from the regular season. and going off of stats from just the post season.....LA is a better team 12-3 thus far compared to the celts 12-8. Also LALA has proven it can win on the road continually. LA is favored 2-1 in Vegas to beat the Celts. Also Ray Allen had been struggling and this is hurting thier offensive production. So looking at stats just from the playoffs which is what matters most the Lakers are a much better team. Also the West is arguably a much tougher conference. Homerism aside the celts dont have an answer for Kobe and the best player in the NBA will step up his game on the Finals stage and silence the celts in 6.

QrtBck13
06-05-2008, 01:34 AM
[quote=SR 7;1062516472]

I never said our three I said the Boston big three versus the LA big three. Will Kobe be hard to stop yes, but the Lakers have noone to stop Garnett and Gasol cannot guard his shadow.

The Celtics have no one to guard Kobe. They Lakers have no one to guard KG. ill take Kobe every day of the week.

NAVYfinsfan9
06-05-2008, 10:34 AM
yeah i dont think the jt situation is like kobes more like mike straham and larry johnson there was an issue they all took a break from trainning camp and came back to play for the team im not very worried about jt i have a feeling it will all work out

dlockz
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062516494][/b]

The Celtics have no one to guard Kobe. They Lakers have no one to guard KG. ill take Kobe every day of the week.

Well you also have to stop Pierce and Allen did play better. Kobe is the only good defensive player on the Lakers. Gasol can be guarded by Garnett or Perkins and Rondo is a very good defensive guard. The boston defense is so far above the Lakers .

dlockz
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062516490]

The post season is so different from the regular season. and going off of stats from just the post season.....LA is a better team 12-3 thus far compared to the celts 12-8. Also LALA has proven it can win on the road continually. LA is favored 2-1 in Vegas to beat the Celts. Also Ray Allen had been struggling and this is hurting thier offensive production. So looking at stats just from the playoffs which is what matters most the Lakers are a much better team. Also the West is arguably a much tougher conference. Homerism aside the celts dont have an answer for Kobe and the best player in the NBA will step up his game on the Finals stage and silence the celts in 6.

Well in that tough conference like I said the Celtics were 25-5 against the big bad West, they still had the best winning percentage in the entire west. Did you miss the 2 wins in Detroit. There is no homerism on my part, the Lakers have not faced a defensive team like the Celts and the Lakers have no defensive answers for Garnett or Pierce. Big deal I could care less about the Vegas odds, many oddsmakers were favoring the Pistons against the Celts. I truly see no advantage in this series for the Lakers. YEs they have KObe but Garnett is the best defensive player in the league and nobody on LA can guard him. Also inside the Celts have a big advantage as far as keeping players out of the paint. Lets also not forget the Celtics did give Kobe some fits defensively like holding him 6 for 25 in one of thier matchups both of which the Celtics blew them out and that was with Bynum. If Bynum was in the game I would give the Lakers the advantage but inside they are going to get punished especially on the boards. Celtics in 6.

QrtBck13
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
[quote=QrtBck13;1062516560]

Well in that tough conference like I said the Celtics were 25-5 against the big bad West, they still had the best winning percentage in the entire west. Did you miss the 2 wins in Detroit. There is no homerism on my part, the Lakers have not faced a defensive team like the Celts and the Lakers have no defensive answers for Garnett or Pierce. Big deal I could care less about the Vegas odds, many oddsmakers were favoring the Pistons against the Celts. I truly see no advantage in this series for the Lakers. YEs they have KObe but Garnett is the best defensive player in the league and nobody on LA can guard him. Also inside the Celts have a big advantage as far as keeping players out of the paint. Lets also not forget the Celtics did give Kobe some fits defensively like holding him 6 for 25 in one of thier matchups both of which the Celtics blew them out and that was with Bynum. If Bynum was in the game I would give the Lakers the advantage but inside they are going to get punished especially on the boards. Celtics in 6.
once again numbskull you refer back to regular season stats.......the post season is basically a new season. You dont think Odom Can guard Peirce? lol i gurantee you Odom puts a hurtin a Pierce. You have no answere for Kobe, or Odom......odom is one of the toughest matchups in the nba. I give odom the nod over Pierce, Kobe over Allen, Fischer over Rondo, All you have is KG over Gasol....and thats only when Gasol is on D. In the triangle it wont matter how good your defense is.....if LALA executes they will win as simple as that. The Lakers have better coaching, a better postseason record against harder oppenets including the champs of 07, better team chemistry, a much better bench, and the best player in the NBA. are u seriously gonna sit here and say because Gasol cant guard KG the celts will win? Wrong son. Duncan is better and LALA let him get his but yet still frustrated him. The celts wouldnt beat NO. Let alone San Antonio and they wont touch LALA.....Lakers in 6. BTW why couldnt the win in ATL, cuz ATL is such a tought place to play right........and they couldnt win in cleveland.......u think they will win in LA? wrong again son.

dlockz
06-06-2008, 02:08 AM
[quote=dlockz;1062516768]
once again numbskull you refer back to regular season stats.......the post season is basically a new season. You dont think Odom Can guard Peirce? lol i gurantee you Odom puts a hurtin a Pierce. You have no answere for Kobe, or Odom......odom is one of the toughest matchups in the nba. I give odom the nod over Pierce, Kobe over Allen, Fischer over Rondo, All you have is KG over Gasol....and thats only when Gasol is on D. In the triangle it wont matter how good your defense is.....if LALA executes they will win as simple as that. The Lakers have better coaching, a better postseason record against harder oppenets including the champs of 07, better team chemistry, a much better bench, and the best player in the NBA. are u seriously gonna sit here and say because Gasol cant guard KG the celts will win? Wrong son. Duncan is better and LALA let him get his but yet still frustrated him. The celts wouldnt beat NO. Let alone San Antonio and they wont touch LALA.....Lakers in 6. BTW why couldnt the win in ATL, cuz ATL is such a tought place to play right........and they couldnt win in cleveland.......u think they will win in LA? wrong again son.

you call me a numbskull but you say Odom is better than Pierce and Garnett is barely better than Gasol. Odom is so good he was on the bench with the game on the line. Pierce got Odom in so many ways but the one way that counts is he has heart unlike Odom. I thought the d could not handle Kobe well they did a damn good job tonight and tell me again how much better thier bench is. You do realize they can win the series without winning one game in LA. I love how you want to focus on the Atlanta series when that was two series ago. We beat last year's runner up that had an improved core and one of the best teams in the NBA in detroit. Also Fisher did not seem so much better than Rondo so basically the only advanatge they have is Kobe at best and Pierce out played him tonight.
Odom damn you really overate that guy, really shows how much faith the coach had in him tonight.

QrtBck13
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
[quote=QrtBck13;1062516782]

you call me a numbskull but you say Odom is better than Pierce and Garnett is barely better than Gasol. Odom is so good he was on the bench with the game on the line. Pierce got Odom in so many ways but the one way that counts is he has heart unlike Odom. I thought the d could not handle Kobe well they did a damn good job tonight and tell me again how much better thier bench is. You do realize they can win the series without winning one game in LA. I love how you want to focus on the Atlanta series when that was two series ago. We beat last year's runner up that had an improved core and one of the best teams in the NBA in detroit. Also Fisher did not seem so much better than Rondo so basically the only advanatge they have is Kobe at best and Pierce out played him tonight.
Odom damn you really overate that guy, really shows how much faith the coach had in him tonight.
way to respond after game 1, shows me you have no argument of your own. The Lakers struggled in Boston....surprised me. They are also not playing good team ball. Some of my predictions were wrong, i will say this tho...... Game 3 in which LA won. It was basically Kobe and Sasha against Ray Allen. Odom and Peirce didnt play well. KG put in some ok minutes. Gasol hit some key shots down the stretch. All i have to say right now is the Lakers are 9-0 in the postseason at home, Kobe is only going to turn up the intensity, the series is 2-1 and after tonight it will be 2-2. When LALA wins tonight its puts all the pressure back on Boston. They wont win in LA, and the lakers will have all the momentum heading back into boston.

dlockz
06-13-2008, 06:04 AM
[quote=dlockz;1062516981]
way to respond after game 1, shows me you have no argument of your own. The Lakers struggled in Boston....surprised me. They are also not playing good team ball. Some of my predictions were wrong, i will say this tho...... Game 3 in which LA won. It was basically Kobe and Sasha against Ray Allen. Odom and Peirce didnt play well. KG put in some ok minutes. Gasol hit some key shots down the stretch. All i have to say right now is the Lakers are 9-0 in the postseason at home, Kobe is only going to turn up the intensity, the series is 2-1 and after tonight it will be 2-2. When LALA wins tonight its puts all the pressure back on Boston. They wont win in LA, and the lakers will have all the momentum heading back into boston.

Well u waited until you got a win to respond, so how u like me now. 9-1 in preseason and you know damn well the Lakers cannot win three in a row with two in garden. Kobe looked quite mortal tonight. Odom as I said has no heart at all. Kobe is far from mr unstoppable.

QrtBck13
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
[quote=QrtBck13;1062519651]

Well u waited until you got a win to respond, so how u like me now. 9-1 in preseason and you know damn well the Lakers cannot win three in a row with two in garden. Kobe looked quite mortal tonight. Odom as I said has no heart at all. Kobe is far from mr unstoppable.
I was on vacation, Preseason? I think you were looking for "Postseason". IDC what you say, The Lakers blew that one last night. The Celtics did not deserve to win that game. However they won. This is how i see it. If LA can manage to win the last game in staples. Then they go back to Boston down 3-2. Boston is just a tough to play at as staples. Their evenly tough to win a game on the road. But if LA forces that game 7. Anything could happen! IM not saying its gonna happen im just saying the series is far from over. All the talk about the history in the shot clock era about never coming back from 3-1 blah blah blah. You Know what? Its all meaningful until it happens. Yea im nervous all a Lakers fan but you Know what? That is a special team. You should be nervouse also.

PS: Your just a plain idiot if you think Lamar Odom plays without heart. Hes just a quiet guy. Just cause hes not a little fat boy like Peirce walking around running his mouth doesnt mean he plays wit no heart.

dlockz
06-13-2008, 02:48 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062519998]
I was on vacation, Preseason? I think you were looking for "Postseason". IDC what you say, The Lakers blew that one last night. The Celtics did not deserve to win that game. However they won. This is how i see it. If LA can manage to win the last game in staples. Then they go back to Boston down 3-2. Boston is just a tough to play at as staples. Their evenly tough to win a game on the road. But if LA forces that game 7. Anything could happen! IM not saying its gonna happen im just saying the series is far from over. All the talk about the history in the shot clock era about never coming back from 3-1 blah blah blah. You Know what? Its all meaningful until it happens. Yea im nervous all a Lakers fan but you Know what? That is a special team. You should be nervouse also.

PS: Your just a plain idiot if you think Lamar Odom plays without heart. Hes just a quiet guy. Just cause hes not a little fat boy like Peirce walking around running his mouth doesnt mean he plays wit no heart.

Imjust nervous that after taking all those shots of alcohal that he described that Kobe is going to sleep with another hotel employee and want to give her some face paint against her will. Pierce may not be buff like Odom but he is a much better player with much more heart.

QrtBck13
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
[quote=QrtBck13;1062520302]

Imjust nervous that after taking all those shots of alcohal that he described that Kobe is going to sleep with another hotel employee and want to give her some face paint against her will. Pierce may not be buff like Odom but he is a much better player with much more heart.
lol you live in Tampa? I live in Sarasota. Odom is having a tough series no doubt about it.

dlockz
06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
[quote=dlockz;1062520309]
lol you live in Tampa? I live in Sarasota. Odom is having a tough series no doubt about it.

Yea was in Sarasota a few weeks ago to go to Ringling museum. As a Lakers fan at least u look good for next year unless Kobe goes off in offseason as far as being critical.

QrtBck13
06-15-2008, 01:55 AM
[quote=QrtBck13;1062520397]

Yea was in Sarasota a few weeks ago to go to Ringling museum. As a Lakers fan at least u look good for next year unless Kobe goes off in offseason as far as being critical.

My sister goes to Ringling School of Art.

The Lakers Line-up next year looks extremely promising:
C-Andrew Bynum
PF- Paul Gasol
SF- Lamar Odom
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- D-Fish

Mark My words.....Lakers-Celtics rematch in the finals next season.

QrtBck13
06-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Odom.....no heart? Did you see the Jordan tongue after he hit the 3 in the 4th quarter?

dlockz
06-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Wow Kobe and the boys got embarrased tonight. They ran into a great team.

Colorado Dolfan
06-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Odom.....no heart? Did you see the Jordan tongue after he hit the 3 in the 4th quarter?

No one on the Lakers showed any heart tonight...

I almost felt bad watching the game...

Almost.