PDA

View Full Version : The path is narrow; will you enter?

Dolphin39
06-16-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.rapturealert.com/2008/061508lordlord.asp

Dolphan7
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Well if one believes that you can live your life like the devil after becoming saved, needs to think about these scriptures first.

MT 3:10 "The axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

MT 7:17 "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. MT 7:18 "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. MT 7:19 " Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

MT 12:33 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.

JAS 2:18 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

JAS 2:26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

1TI 3:2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 1TI 3:12 Deacons must be husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.

EPH 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

EPH 6:14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,

2TH 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

MT 13:3 And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, "Behold, the sower went out to sow; MT 13:4 and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate them up. MT 13:5 "Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. MT 13:6 "But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. MT 13:7 "Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out. MT 13:8 "And others fell on the good soil and *yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty. MT 13:9 " He who has ears, let him hear."

MT 13:18 " Hear then the parable of the sower. MT 13:19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. MT 13:20 "The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; MT 13:21 yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. MT 13:22 "And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. MT 13:23 "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty."

Clearly there is a responsibility to follow and obey God's laws after accepting salvation through Jesus. Read about the seed grown in the rocks and in the thorns to see that salvation can be attained, and lost.

umpalu
06-18-2008, 03:23 AM
I grew up in all Catholic private schools until college and my religion teacher my senior year of high school completely opened my eyes in one quote. He said to the effect of no matter what your beliefs are or how mentally stable you are, as long as you are true to yourself and do what you honestly believe as right, if there is a God he will take you in at the end.

Dolphan7
06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I grew up in all Catholic private schools until college and my religion teacher my senior year of high school completely opened my eyes in one quote. He said to the effect of no matter what your beliefs are or how mentally stable you are, as long as you are true to yourself and do what you honestly believe as right, if there is a God he will take you in at the end.
The 911 hijackers believed they were being true to themsleves and beleived what they were doing was right.

Did God accept them?

You see why that statement your Catholic Religion teacher made can't really work?

Dolphin39
06-18-2008, 07:14 PM

Definitely no offense, and I'm NOT trying to agrue, but that statement is straight from Satan himself! The Bible says you MUST be saved by placing your faith in Jesus Christ.