PDA

View Full Version : Who will finish last in the AFC East

bpackers13
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Who do you think will finish last in the AFC East, and if you want list there records. (in your opnion)

Nublar7
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Just my opinion with records:

1. Patriots (12-4)
2. Bills (9-7)
3. Dolphins (7-9)
4. Jets (4-12)

bpackers13
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
my outlook is,

Patriots 12-4
Bills 9-7
Dolphins 8-8
Jets 5-11

dolpns13
06-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Of course the Jets will, come on...

My outlook...

Ratriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

:up:

dolpns13
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Ah screw it..

Dolphins
Bills
Ratriots
Jets

:up::up:

bpackers13
06-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Ah screw it..

Dolphins
Bills
Ratriots
Jets

:up::up:

lmao:sidelol::hi5:

dreamwalker
06-23-2008, 04:10 PM
pull this up thanksgiving
1.Bills
2.Patriots
3.Dolphins
4.Jets

bpackers13
06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
pull this up thanksgiving
1.Bills
2.Patriots
3.Dolphins
4.Jets

hey, im with ya man. it could happen. i really dont think the ratriots are going to live up th the hype this year. i really dont. im with you.

dolpns13
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
hey, im with ya man. it could happen. i really dont think the ratriots are going to live up th the hype this year. i really dont. im with you.

Unfortunately, I have been saying the same thing for 8 years :(
and ya know what, I really dont think theyll live up to all the hype this year either :up:

dreamwalker
06-23-2008, 04:26 PM

What most normally happens to the super bowl loser cannot be ignored and at this point their defense looks like our defense looked right before our drop- like they are starting to show their age

miami234ever
06-23-2008, 04:26 PM
I can't believe the Bills got McKlevin and Hardy. Those two players will have nice futures, unfortunately in Buffalo (Or Canada for all we know!)

#1dolphinsfan
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
1. Pats
2. Bills (might be able to take first)
3. dolphins
4. jets

ch19079
06-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Pats: 11-5
Bills: 9-7
Jets & Fins tie: 4-12.

I have no faith in the jets. I dont care how much they overpaid for big name players. They dont have a QB. I dont really like their RB either. Unless their D sells their souls to satin like the pats, they will struggle to win 4 games.

I just dont think the fins have the players to really do much. QB is a huge question here too and the entire D is up in the air. I can see them winning 4... maybe 5 games.

Bills only real problem is their QB. If he improves, and plays like we think he can, teh bills will be a leader in the wildcard hunt going into week 15 and 16.

the Pats have to go on top, unless someone brave steps up and does to Brady what the pats did to JP last season.

TomBradyWoot
06-23-2008, 10:39 PM
at this point their defense looks like our defense looked right before our drop- like they are starting to show their age
That ALSO has been said for the past 8 years. (FWIW, the entire DL is under 30)

djfresh47
06-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Pats
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

I think the Bills will be a wildcard team though. Their defensive line has the potential to be one of the best in the league if Stroud returns to form. Also they can't be a snake bitten with injuries as they were last year. The thing holding them back IMO, is Dick Jauron.

Deep2Evans
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Patriots
Bills
Jets/Dolphins

No idea who will finish better between Miami and NYJ. Should be interesting. Lots of question marks at QB for everyone in the division besides New England, obviously.

Crayons
06-25-2008, 02:09 AM
For being division rivals and a history of kicking us out of the playoffs I have a hard time hating Buffalo. They're fantastic choke artists and hard to hate. (I liked Kelly okay. :()

Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

Jets just have more self-destruct in them than the Dolphins. Bills have something going but I'm not sold on Beast Mode being the savior. The quarterback question in the division is too great to actually want to solidly rank any of these teams. On paper I'd say Miami has a fantastic shot with their backfield and potential O-Line compared to the Bills and Jets.

Chances are Miami finishes #3.

PhinFan0202
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Pats= 11-5 (I say they are going to fall off every year but as long as they have Tom Brady and BB they are always in the mix.)

Jets= 10-6/9-7 (The reason i say this is because every year with the Jets they are either on or off and since last year was an off year they probably bounce back by running the football and playing solid defense.)

Bills= 8-8 (Every year there's one team that had a late season surge that gets hyped up in the offseason only to fall short of their goal. While i'm not saying it's going to be the Bills i am saying that it could be them. I think the D will keep them in games but it all depends on the running game and QB to win them. It's not impossible to say that they could win two more games and be a WC team or they could drop the ball and be 6-10. I'm going to say 8-8 to be safe.

Dolphins- I'm going to go 5-11 because i think that would be fair based on the fact that we don't know who our QB is, if our RB will be back to form, if our receivers can even catch or if our defense can get off the field on 3rd down. We had one win last season and anything more than that could be seen as successfull but i think that since we aquired some talent through the draft and FA i think we can get to at least 5 wins.

rdhstlr23
07-07-2008, 05:51 PM
PhinFan0202, good predictions.

The crazy thing is that the Jets and Bills could be both be very good teams dependent on how well their QB plays. They have just as many questions at that position as we do. Unfortunately, we have more questions in other areas.

Patriots will win the division. They have less holes and unless they have some type of injuries, I don't see them losing this division. I just think the Bills are a better, younger team. It just seems like they have injuries every year and it's not because they're unlucky--I think it's because they just have injury prone players (not including Mr. Everett, which was a freak accident...how is he doing BTW?). Although the Jets paid for players I don't expect them to get the production from guys like Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace who are overrated IMO.

Patriots 13-3
Bills 8-8
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 6-10

nyjunc
07-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Whoever has the Jets w/ 4 or 5 wins just doesn't watch the NFL. We were as bad as could be last year and won 4 games. We are vastly improved in key areas where we stunk, at worst we'll win around 7 games which should be enough to keep us out of the basement. Please do not forget we are an everyother year team this decade.

'02: win div
'03: 6-10
'04: 10-6, kick away from title game
'05: 4-12
'06: 10-6, WC team
'07: 4-12

nyjunc
07-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Jets just have more self-destruct in them than the Dolphins.

Huh? please explain this? We have made the postseason 3 times since your last appearance and we have owned you in the last decade- how do we have more self-destruct in us than Miami?

I think Miami might finish 3rd but ahead of BUFFALO. Buffalo has struggled for many years w/ expectations and they are being talked about alot for a team that also wasn't very good last year and a team that feasted on a bad bottom 2 of the division. 4 of Buf's 7 wins came against the Jets and Dolphins and the Jets as bad as they were had chances to win both games late in the 4th. I'm not sold on Buf YET.

emeraldfin
07-08-2008, 08:10 AM
The major thing about the AFC East this season is that the Fins, Jets & Bills have all improved, while the Pats are a year older (linebackers) and their secondary took some heavy hits to it.

Based on pre-season and on paper to this point, the Pats are still strong enough to dominate the East. I'm thinking they are lookin at between 11-5 to 13-3.

Next is very hard to call and is a coin flip at this stage. The Jets have made significant improvements. Their O-Line is already better with the additions of Woody and Faneca. Also their pass-rush will be far better with the additions of Gholston and Pace. Where I think alot will depend on how well the Jets do is at QB. I persoanlly feel that the Jets are very dangerous and will espically be a handfull for the Pats as we seen in the Superbowl, good pass rushers will unsettle them.

Alot is expected of the Bills because of there late run last year and very good drafting. There D is strong, espically after adding Stroud and the return of Poslusney. Again they are solid right across the board. Many people feel on this forum that Edwards is'nt the real deal, however after seeing him lead the Bills on a game winning drive against the Skins last year, I think the kid will have a good future.

The Fins will finish bottom but will be much better and competitive than last year. Anything around the 5-11 mark would be acceptable.

satz
07-08-2008, 08:47 AM
while the Pats are a year older (linebackers) and their secondary took some heavy hits to it.

can you explain how the line backers gotten older
colvin 32 yrs gone ,seau 38 yrs gone
added - hobson 28yr old ,mayo 1st rd , crable 3rd round ,bo rudd 5th round pick, reed UDFA all in 22-23 range.

secondary
2nd rd pick and 4th round picks are CB and also their was a very good CB from last year who broke his leg in preaseason he will be back. added webster and another cb.

emeraldfin
07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
can you explain how the line backers gotten older
colvin 32 yrs gone ,seau 38 yrs gone
added - hobson 28yr old ,mayo 1st rd , crable 3rd round ,bo rudd 5th round pick, reed UDFA all in 22-23 range.

secondary
2nd rd pick and 4th round picks are CB and also their was a very good CB from last year who broke his leg in preaseason he will be back. added webster and another cb.

Linebackers Thomas (31), Brushci (35) & Vrabel (33), who are all starters.

Secondary: Are you honestly saying that adding a couple of CB's in the draft will be as effective as Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, & Randal Gay?

jp2lee783
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Patriots 13-3
Bills 10-6
Dolphins 7-9
Jets 6-10

BobDole
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
patsies 10-6
jets 9-7
fins 6-10
bills 5-11

Pack31
07-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Who do you think will finish last in the AFC East, and if you want list there records. (in your opnion)

My team is not in the AFC east but, i think the teams will finish this way..

#1 pats

#2 jets

#3 phins

#4 bills

BuffaloSoldier2
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Huh? please explain this? We have made the postseason 3 times since your last appearance and we have owned you in the last decade- how do we have more self-destruct in us than Miami?

I think Miami might finish 3rd but ahead of BUFFALO. Buffalo has struggled for many years w/ expectations and they are being talked about alot for a team that also wasn't very good last year and a team that feasted on a bad bottom 2 of the division. 4 of Buf's 7 wins came against the Jets and Dolphins and the Jets as bad as they were had chances to win both games late in the 4th. I'm not sold on Buf YET.

Previous seasons have absolutely nothing to do with this upcoming season. Because if they did, you just wasted another 1st round pick on a TE.

I love how Buffalo gets knocked for beating the Fins and Jets the last 2 seasons. No one before the last 2 seasons gave Buffalo any credit, yet they managed to have a look at teh playoffs in week 15. Last year, they had to play a rookie QB, rookie LB, lost their #2 receiver, starting MLB, starting FS, starting corner, top 2 backup DEs, and starting WLB. If before the season you would have known this, most people would have picked Buffalo as a top 5 draft pick team. Yet, they overcame this and made a playoff run.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I know the Bills will always play hard and this is one of the most talented rosters they have had in years. They filled all their major weaknesses except TE. I will beat anything they want on the Bills not finishing last. Any takers? Of course, there are still some people who owe for last year that never paid off their bets.

nyjunc
07-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Previous seasons have absolutely nothing to do with this upcoming season. Because if they did, you just wasted another 1st round pick on a TE.

I love how Buffalo gets knocked for beating the Fins and Jets the last 2 seasons. No one before the last 2 seasons gave Buffalo any credit, yet they managed to have a look at teh playoffs in week 15. Last year, they had to play a rookie QB, rookie LB, lost their #2 receiver, starting MLB, starting FS, starting corner, top 2 backup DEs, and starting WLB. If before the season you would have known this, most people would have picked Buffalo as a top 5 draft pick team. Yet, they overcame this and made a playoff run.

I'm not guaranteeing anything but I know the Bills will always play hard and this is one of the most talented rosters they have had in years. They filled all their major weaknesses except TE. I will beat anything they want on the Bills not finishing last. Any takers? Of course, there are still some people who owe for last year that never paid off their bets.

I don't even know what your first paragraph means.

Buffalo had no shot at the playoffs last year, b/c you weren't officially eliminated doesn't mean you were ever really in the race. You had all those provbelms and more than half of your wins came against the awful Jets & Dolphins. They did overcome and did a good job but you feasted on the bottom teams in the division. You beat 1 team w/ a winning record and that was Washington in the middle of a 4 game losing streak. You did NOT make a playoff run.

I'm nto saying the Bills will be bad but I have seen this movie over and over again this decade, you guys have a decent season where you are somewhat close to the playoffs then you are one of those hot teams "experts" pick to make the playoffs the following year and you fall on your face. I want to see you do it first before I get giddy over the Bills. I KNOW the Jets can make a playoff run b/c they have actually done it w/ alot of the players we have and w/ this coaching staff. That is not soemthing you guys can say.

emeraldfin
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Pretty solid post there Junc, some good points made also.

I find it very tough to call who will finish ahead between the Bills and Jets. What I think the Bills have in their favour is that they have been building since '05. Since then they have gone 7-9 the past two seasons. Their schedule is decent enough and on paper, their draft was very solid.

My point is Junc is that the Bills have been building this team for the last three seasons and reaching a stage where the break-through is close. For the Jets to do better than the Bills, I think they have to go 9-7, thats 5 more games than they won last season. Although its not impossible by any standards, I just think the Bills have their building blocks in place, while the Jets will need instant impacts from all their big money signings and early draft picks.

Just think its a big ask Junc for the Jets this season, but they are capable of being a very dangerous team.

nyjunc
07-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Pretty solid post there Junc, some good points made also.

I find it very tough to call who will finish ahead between the Bills and Jets. What I think the Bills have in their favour is that they have been building since '05. Since then they have gone 7-9 the past two seasons. Their schedule is decent enough and on paper, their draft was very solid.

My point is Junc is that the Bills have been building this team for the last three seasons and reaching a stage where the break-through is close. For the Jets to do better than the Bills, I think they have to go 9-7, thats 5 more games than they won last season. Although its not impossible by any standards, I just think the Bills have their building blocks in place, while the Jets will need instant impacts from all their big money signings and early draft picks.

Just think its a big ask Junc for the Jets this season, but they are capable of being a very dangerous team.

We have been building too, sure we added some key FAs and trades(just as the Bills did the last couple of years) but we have some excellent young guys that we are building around. Mangold, ferguson, Cotchery, Harris, revis, Rhodes. I don't know if we'll finish ahead of Buffalo or not but just b/c we spent some money doesn't mean haven't been building.

Our QBs are about even, both have young guys who are developing but we also have a veteran who has had alot of success. Rbs are even, Our starting WRs are better but they probably have a little better depth, our OL should be better, the DLs are similar, they don't have a LB as good as David Harris but the Lbs overall are close, our secondary is better. They have an edge in the P and K game but we both have excellent STs(though the loss of Westhoff might affect ours). I think we have as much, if not more, talent as Buffalo and many of our guys know what it takes to get to postseason while their guys only know what it's like to get close.

John from Hemet
07-22-2008, 04:47 PM
When a team has total faith in their young guys they dont go out and spend that kind of money in free agency.....

And what is this "David Harris is the best" stuff? Poz was outplaying him before he went down with that freak wrist injury. Our LB's are also better overall with Crowell and K. Mitchell. Our depth is better at a lot of different positions.

Just because you spent money on the OL doesn't mean they will be better.....the Bills have a Pro Bowl LT and and Peters along with the rest of the line did just have the potential to play well they DID play well last season.

jp2lee783
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
David Harris is pretty sick man. The dude was all over, he's still got a lot to learn in terms of coverage and whatnot, but anyone who watched him at all last year could see he'll be playing at a high level for long time. That being said I hope Poz has a better year than him!

AdamDrizzy
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I think it will go

Patriots 14-2
Bills 9-7
Jets 7-9
Fins 5-11

nyjunc
07-22-2008, 06:28 PM
When a team has total faith in their young guys they dont go out and spend that kind of money in free agency.....

And what is this "David Harris is the best" stuff? Poz was outplaying him before he went down with that freak wrist injury. Our LB's are also better overall with Crowell and K. Mitchell. Our depth is better at a lot of different positions.

Just because you spent money on the OL doesn't mean they will be better.....the Bills have a Pro Bowl LT and and Peters along with the rest of the line did just have the potential to play well they DID play well last season.

So last year when the Bills opened the checkbook that meant they didn't have faith in the young guys? We added nice pieces around our young core.

Poz was outplaying him b/c Harris wasn't playing alot early. Poz started 3 games, his #s would have prorated to 139 tackles, zero sacks, 0 PD, 0 FFs. Harris only started 9 games and had 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 PDs and 2 FFs. Now that we have settled that debate let's move on to the rest of the LBs. Kawika Mitchell is the definition of mediocrity. I think our LBs are better. Harris, Pace, Barton & Thomas are better than Mitchell, Poz and Crowell.

BuffaloSoldier2
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't even know what your first paragraph means.

You stated that you have seen the Bills be a trendy pick in other seasons only to not make playoffs. I said that previous seasons have no impact on the current on. Or else Dutin Keller is gonna be a "stud" like Kyle Brady and Johnnie Mitchell. Clear enough? :up:

Buffalo had no shot at the playoffs last year, b/c you weren't officially eliminated doesn't mean you were ever really in the race. You had all those provbelms and more than half of your wins came against the awful Jets & Dolphins. They did overcome and did a good job but you feasted on the bottom teams in the division. You beat 1 team w/ a winning record and that was Washington in the middle of a 4 game losing streak. You did NOT make a playoff run.

Completely wrong. The Bills were 7-6 and playing a game against a 8-5 Browns team. You really mean to tell me that a 8-6 team has no shot at the playoffs. Because if you are, you're flat out wrong.

And the schedule is what it is. Before the season, all Jets and Fin fans though they were better than the Bills. Also, the Ravens and Bengals were supposed to be much better than they were. You play to win the game. It's ins't college football where they rate your victories. As of right now, the Bills have a very easy schedule based on last year's results. Last year, they had one of the hardest. Last year's season means nothing.

I'm nto saying the Bills will be bad but I have seen this movie over and over again this decade, you guys have a decent season where you are somewhat close to the playoffs then you are one of those hot teams "experts" pick to make the playoffs the following year and you fall on your face. I want to see you do it first before I get giddy over the Bills. I KNOW the Jets can make a playoff run b/c they have actually done it w/ alot of the players we have and w/ this coaching staff. That is not soemthing you guys can say.

Like I said, I'll bet anyone that the Bills finish 2nd in the division. You accept or not? It's pretty simple.

BROWN 23
07-23-2008, 12:36 AM
i would be happy if we finished 3rd in the division i would love a 5-7 win season

nyjunc
07-23-2008, 06:32 AM
You stated that you have seen the Bills be a trendy pick in other seasons only to not make playoffs. I said that previous seasons have no impact on the current on. Or else Dutin Keller is gonna be a "stud" like Kyle Brady and Johnnie Mitchell. Clear enough?

It's silly for a Bills fan to take a shot at any team considering you guts aye 0 for the 00s in playoff apps. While history from 10-20-30 years ago means nothing, recent trends do mean something and this Bills team has been in a bad cycle of getting somewhat close to the playoffs then having high expectations and being a hot picj the next year only to fall flat on their faces.

Completely wrong. The Bills were 7-6 and playing a game against a 8-5 Browns team. You really mean to tell me that a 8-6 team has no shot at the playoffs. Because if you are, you're flat out wrong.

You finished 3 games out in the playoff race, you weren't close. You may have been mathematically alive but you weren't close. If you think you were close keep in mind we were 3 games behind the Bills, I guess that means we were close to 2nd place?

And the schedule is what it is. Before the season, all Jets and Fin fans though they were better than the Bills. Also, the Ravens and Bengals were supposed to be much better than they were. You play to win the game. It's ins't college football where they rate your victories. As of right now, the Bills have a very easy schedule based on last year's results. Last year, they had one of the hardest. Last year's season means nothing.

Teams do get good and bad really fast in today's NFL which is why it's all the more embarrassing that the Bills haven't made the postseason this decade.

Like I said, I'll bet anyone that the Bills finish 2nd in the division. You accept or not? It's pretty simple.

I'l bet you, what do you want to bet? I don't know what that proves but I'm up for it.

I have been hearing the same stuff from Bills fans since 2002, it's funny how it keeps happening over and over again.

BeastMode
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Pats
Bills
Jets
Phins

BwanaZulia
07-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Pats
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

BZ

SpurzN703
07-25-2008, 02:56 PM

Good 'ol Junc, whenever someones says the Dolphins are better he goes nutty and has to prove his point that the Jets have been so much better then a team that's been in disarray for years.

Just like kicking the fat kid's ***

SpurzN703
07-25-2008, 02:59 PM
It's silly for a Bills fan to take a shot at any team considering you guts aye 0 for the 00s in playoff apps. While history from 10-20-30 years ago means nothing, recent trends do mean something and this Bills team has been in a bad cycle of getting somewhat close to the playoffs then having high expectations and being a hot picj the next year only to fall flat on their faces.

It's silly for any of us (sans Pats fans) to take shots at each other b/c none of our teams have done ****. So the Jets have more wins the last 10 years then Miami and Buff. It's still gotten you to the same place as those 2 teams....

Nowhere

SpurzN703
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
By the way

New England 14-2
NY Jets 9-7
Buffalo 8-8
Miami 3-13

BwanaZulia
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Good 'ol Junc, whenever someones says the Dolphins are better he goes nutty and has to prove his point that the Jets have been so much better then a team that's been in disarray for years.

Just like kicking the fat kid's ***

The problem is, he is right.

The Jets have owned the Dolphins in recent history.

The Dolphins did go 1-15 last year.

The Dolphins haven't made the playoffs in 5-6 years.

All true.

BZ

nyjunc
07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
It's silly for any of us (sans Pats fans) to take shots at each other b/c none of our teams have done ****. So the Jets have more wins the last 10 years then Miami and Buff. It's still gotten you to the same place as those 2 teams....

Nowhere

I don't take shots I reply to shots.

BwanaZulia
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Nowhere*

(* but the Playoffs)

BZ

SpurzN703
07-26-2008, 09:58 AM
The problem is, he is right.

The Jets have owned the Dolphins in recent history.

The Dolphins did go 1-15 last year.

The Dolphins haven't made the playoffs in 5-6 years.

All true.

BZ

Of course, no one can deny that. Point is though, since the Phins suck, the Jets owning them really is no crowning achievement, is it?

SpurzN703
07-26-2008, 10:00 AM
(* but the Playoffs)

BZ

Alright so the most you can say, as a Jets fan, is that you've at least gotten that far. True.

Of course the point of playing in the NFL is to win the SB, which you haven't done in 40 years and what the Phins haven't done in over 35.

nyjunc
07-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Of course, no one can deny that. Point is though, since the Phins suck, the Jets owning them really is no crowning achievement, is it?

You guys have sucked since 2004, we went 9-3 against you from '98-'03 when you had good teams.

John from Hemet
07-27-2008, 12:03 AM
You stated that you have seen the Bills be a trendy pick in other seasons only to not make playoffs. I said that previous seasons have no impact on the current on. Or else Dutin Keller is gonna be a "stud" like Kyle Brady and Johnnie Mitchell. Clear enough? :up:

I want in on that action as well....the bills WILL finish 2nd in the division.

John from Hemet
07-27-2008, 12:09 AM
So last year when the Bills opened the checkbook that meant they didn't have faith in the young guys? We added nice pieces around our young core.

Poz was outplaying him b/c Harris wasn't playing alot early. Poz started 3 games, his #s would have prorated to 139 tackles, zero sacks, 0 PD, 0 FFs. Harris only started 9 games and had 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 PDs and 2 FFs. Now that we have settled that debate let's move on to the rest of the LBs. Kawika Mitchell is the definition of mediocrity. I think our LBs are better. Harris, Pace, Barton & Thomas are better than Mitchell, Poz and Crowell.

That debate is FAR from settled. Poz was playing early because Harris was not because Harris WASNT READY to play hearly while Poz was a starter right out the gate because he was NFL ready. You cant pro rate players that is stupid.

Mitchell is a player who played MLB earlier in his career moved to OLB and found his position. He was on a championship team and contributed to that Championship. To downplay him hurts your arguement. Crowell is solid but unspectacular. Between the 3 of them they are better then the jets LB's. Also.....we got hit big time with the injury bug last year and were forced to play guys who now take the backup roles but have expereince in Digeorgio and Ellison. We dont know what we have with our drafted LB yet.

BwanaZulia
07-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Alright so the most you can say, as a Jets fan, is that you've at least gotten that far. True.

Of course the point of playing in the NFL is to win the SB, which you haven't done in 40 years and what the Phins haven't done in over 35.

Riddle me this. Can you win the Super Bowl WITHOUT getting to the playoffs?

BZ

nyjunc
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
That debate is FAR from settled. Poz was playing early because Harris was not because Harris WASNT READY to play hearly while Poz was a starter right out the gate because he was NFL ready. You cant pro rate players that is stupid.

Mitchell is a player who played MLB earlier in his career moved to OLB and found his position. He was on a championship team and contributed to that Championship. To downplay him hurts your arguement. Crowell is solid but unspectacular. Between the 3 of them they are better then the jets LB's. Also.....we got hit big time with the injury bug last year and were forced to play guys who now take the backup roles but have expereince in Digeorgio and Ellison. We dont know what we have with our drafted LB yet.

Harris was ready but he had Vilma starting in front of him.

Kawika Mitchell is a decent player, nothing more. Just b/c he was on Championship team(where he was probably the 10th or 11th most important defensive player) does not tell us much. That D thrived b/c of the pass rush of the front 4. It made life easier for the back 7 and he won't have that type of pass rush to cover up for his mistakes this year.

John from Hemet
07-28-2008, 03:48 PM

Kawika Mitchell is a decent player, nothing more. Just b/c he was on Championship team(where he was probably the 10th or 11th most important defensive player) does not tell us much. That D thrived b/c of the pass rush of the front 4. It made life easier for the back 7 and he won't have that type of pass rush to cover up for his mistakes this year.

If Harris was this great player they would have moved linebackers around to get him on the field......Vilma could have moved outside to make room for Harris. You put your best players on the field.

Mitchell's importance in that pass rush should not be discounted.....he was all over Brady.

ZachThomas76
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Pats 13-3
Bills 9-7
Jets 6-10
Phins 5-11

Fin_Frenzy_84
07-28-2008, 07:59 PM
i think we will be good if we can take the majority of our divisional games

DaBills4life
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM

Mitchell is a much better OLB then he is a MLB. Even though he had solid #'s in KC, he never really made plays. Last year as OLB he made plays and was more comfortable.

He will be playing the same position in Buffalo. He has pro bowlers Schobel and Stroud on his side. I think he will be ok.

feelthepain
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM

So this is the excuse for the Jets? You're better then the Dolphins cause we were 1-15 and the Bills were 7-9, but when talking to Jet fans it's not about last year. Is there ever a case someone is better then the Bills?? EVER???? Lats year we had a better defense and better offense we also scored more points then the Bills, yet the Bills are a playoff team this year and the Dolphins just suck. The Jets are one year removed form the playoffs add a ton of talent yet they have no cahnce of beating the Bills or making the playoffs....cause a Bill fan says so. Amazing how the Bills have done the least in the division over the last 10 years, yet they are the only team outside the Pats to be playoff worthy. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuffaloSoldier2
07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
So this is the excuse for the Jets? You're better then the Dolphins cause we were 1-15 and the Bills were 7-9, but when talking to Jet fans it's not about last year. Is there ever a case someone is better then the Bills?? EVER???? Lats year we had a better defense and better offense we also scored more points then the Bills, yet the Bills are a playoff team this year and the Dolphins just suck. The Jets are one year removed form the playoffs add a ton of talent yet they have no cahnce of beating the Bills or making the playoffs....cause a Bill fan says so. Amazing how the Bills have done the least in the division over the last 10 years, yet they are the only team outside the Pats to be playoff worthy. WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everyone gets that you don't like the Bills. You say the same thing every time you talk about the Bills. You be better to converse with if you were at least somewhat objective.

If you go by stats to rank a team that's pretty silly. The Cards were a top 10 offense and defense in 2006. What that get them? Or the Eagles were a top 10 offense and defense last year but had to beat the Bills in the last game of the season to have one more win. Stats are for nerds. You're as good as your record is.

Here's some facts whether you chose to ignore them. The Bills were 7-9 with a banged up roster and one of the youngest teams in football. They have won 5 out of the last 6 against MIA. They added a pro bowl DT, a 1st round corner, a 6'6' receiver, and will be fully healthy again. There's a reason why Bills fan should be excited and selling over 55,000 season tickets.

The Fins were 1-15 last year and one of the worst teams in NFL history. This can't be argued. They have 2 QBs who have about 5 NFL starts under their belt. They lost their 2 best defensive players. I think they are going on the right path in rebuilding their team but is it really a stretch to not think they will have shot at a top 5 pick again? You might think I'm hating but it's the truth.

nyjunc
07-29-2008, 06:58 AM
If Harris was this great player they would have moved linebackers around to get him on the field......Vilma could have moved outside to make room for Harris. You put your best players on the field.

Mitchell's importance in that pass rush should not be discounted.....he was all over Brady.

He was playing, he just wasn't starting and when he played he played alot better than Pozluzny.

Mitchell had it easy w/ the pass rushers the giants had and even w/ that huge advantage he had 1 sack in 2 games. The guys up front were applying the constant pressure that helped the Giants win. The giants would have won w/ or w/o Mitchell which is why he wasn't a priority to re-sign.

John from Hemet
07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
He was playing, he just wasn't starting and when he played he played alot better than Pozluzny.

Mitchell had it easy w/ the pass rushers the giants had and even w/ that huge advantage he had 1 sack in 2 games. The guys up front were applying the constant pressure that helped the Giants win. The giants would have won w/ or w/o Mitchell which is why he wasn't a priority to re-sign.

Everything you are saying here is your opinion and is not based upon fact.

You are saying that a BACKUP MLB in Harris (at the time) was outplaying the STARTING MLB at the time in Poz. that makes no sense whatsoever. Poz was racking up huge tackle numbers and was thrown right into the fire rather then brought along more slowly like a rookie normally would UNLESS THEY WERE A STUD LIKE POZ.

As for Mitchell.....what you say is correct in that a team with great pass rushing DL would be able to take a loss of a Kavika Mitchell because they are so strong in that area....this should not discount the fact that Mitchell played very well last year at the OLB spot. He fills a big need on the bills with his physical play and size and the guys who are playing in front of him are not exactly chopped liver in Pro Bowlers Marcus Stroud and Aaron Schrobel.

nyjunc
07-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Huge tackle #s? You sound like the dolphin fans w/ Zach Thomas. there's more to the game than tackles and the tackle stat can be very subjective. Where are these tackles taking place? at or neat the LOS or 5-10 yds downfield?

By the way he had 26 tackles in 3 games, that's not exactly a tackling machine. He had no sacks, no PDs, no INTs, no game changing plays. Harris was much better than him.

Not only "studs" get thrown into the fire, we had a former pro bowler occupying his position, the Captain of our Defense. We didn't have room at that time to start him unlike you guys who needed a MLB.

Mitchell is nothing more than an average player, it's why he's on his 3rd team in 3 years. Good players don't get away from teams for 3 straight years.

John from Hemet
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
So an average of over 8 tackles (behind a really REALLY crappy DL) is not good numbers?

They did not Blitz Poz much because that was not in our defensive scheme. AND lets not forget that he was playing as a rookie STARTNG right off the bat...he was brought along more slowly AND had the benefit of playing the whole year for a reference.

You still did not address my question of if Harris was such a immediate stud why was Vilma not moved over to get your best linebackers on the field? Vilma can play OLB and the jets defense wasn't a great defense last year.

I guess this is pretty much it....you wont come off your stance and neither will I.....take it back up again when we see what our teams look like this season?

nyjunc
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
So an average of over 8 tackles (behind a really REALLY crappy DL) is not good numbers?

They did not Blitz Poz much because that was not in our defensive scheme. AND lets not forget that he was playing as a rookie STARTNG right off the bat...he was brought along more slowly AND had the benefit of playing the whole year for a reference.

You still did not address my question of if Harris was such a immediate stud why was Vilma not moved over to get your best linebackers on the field? Vilma can play OLB and the jets defense wasn't a great defense last year.

I guess this is pretty much it....you wont come off your stance and neither will I.....take it back up again when we see what our teams look like this season?

When you are drafted to an area of stregnth sometimes you don't start riht away. Buf lost London Fletcher, they had an opening at MLB and that's why they drafted Poz. Harris was drfated to eventually take over for Vilma as they knew Vilma wasn't a good fit in the scheme, Harris waas seeing PT just not enough. When Vilma was lost for the year he slid over to an every down LB and took off.

Prorate those tackles and he has similar tackle #s to Harris w/o the sacks or PDs and the biggest differnce btw the 2:

Buf's D w/ Poz starting: 26 PPG
Buf's D w/o Poz starting: 21 PPG

NYJ D w/ Harris starting: 18 PPG
NYJ D w/o harris starting: 27 PPG

Vertical Limit
07-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Why are the Patriots even on this poll? Did Brady die?

John from Hemet
08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
When you are drafted to an area of stregnth sometimes you don't start riht away. Buf lost London Fletcher, they had an opening at MLB and that's why they drafted Poz. Harris was drfated to eventually take over for Vilma as they knew Vilma wasn't a good fit in the scheme, Harris waas seeing PT just not enough. When Vilma was lost for the year he slid over to an every down LB and took off.

Prorate those tackles and he has similar tackle #s to Harris w/o the sacks or PDs and the biggest differnce btw the 2:

Buf's D w/ Poz starting: 26 PPG
Buf's D w/o Poz starting: 21 PPG

NYJ D w/ Harris starting: 18 PPG
NYJ D w/o harris starting: 27 PPG

These numbers are interesting but they dont tell the whole story. You have to factor in opponents and and the DL that was starting in front of the two (along with other factors)

I think it best to just see how this year plays out. Poz will have Marcus Stroud and Jon McCargo starting in front of him to keep him clean to make tackles as opposed to OL getting through and putting a hat on LB's every play last year......when you cant get offenses in 3rd and longs to be able to send blitzes for fear of giving up big plays you are just not going to get the opportunity to MAKE big plays.

You guys had some quality on your DL last year....that has to be factored into the success of a LB.

nyjunc
08-02-2008, 07:20 AM
These numbers are interesting but they dont tell the whole story. You have to factor in opponents and and the DL that was starting in front of the two (along with other factors)

I think it best to just see how this year plays out. Poz will have Marcus Stroud and Jon McCargo starting in front of him to keep him clean to make tackles as opposed to OL getting through and putting a hat on LB's every play last year......when you cant get offenses in 3rd and longs to be able to send blitzes for fear of giving up big plays you are just not going to get the opportunity to MAKE big plays.

You guys had some quality on your DL last year....that has to be factored into the success of a LB.

Robertson was not a nose tackle, he was good in the 4-3. Harris didn't have alot of help up front and the D instantly got better when he became the starter. Shaun Ellis wasn't great last year either and the other DE was kenyon Coleman so let's not act like he had great help in front of him.

The only bad game the D had w/ Harris starting was Dallas and the D wasn't as bad as the 34 points they allowed b/c the O was horrendous and gave up an INT return for a TD and while the D tried to keep the team in the game the O couldn't do anything all game long.

We played some of the same teams w/ and w/o harris:

W/o Harris starting:

NE: lost 38-14, D allowed 31 points
Mia: won 31-28
at Buf: lost 17-14

W/ Harris starting:

at NE: lost 20-10, D allowed 13 points
at Mia: won 40-13
Buf: Lost 13-3

You can seethe improvement, Vilam's last game starting the Jets lost 38-31 w/ the D giving up 31 points, the following week w/ Harris starting the Jets D allowed 13 points. He's a difference maker and we finally have ther pieces for the 3-4, our D should be much improved this year and it starts w/ #52.

I think both players are going to be really good but Poz is in catch up mode going into the season. he could pass him but Harris has proven himself whiole Poz hasn't yet b/c of the injury.

John from Hemet
08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Just FYI....those losses at Buffalo in close games should not be testimate to your defense as we were last in the league on offense or something to that affect.

Our offense was horrible last year. And while Robertson my not be a pro bowler in tha scheme he was better then anything we had.

Roman529
08-03-2008, 05:05 AM
I can't believe all you folks who picked our Phins to finish last. It should be:

1. Patriots 13-3
2. Bills 9-7
3. Phins 7-9
4. Jets 5-11

nyjunc
08-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Just FYI....those losses at Buffalo in close games should not be testimate to your defense as we were last in the league on offense or something to that affect.

Our offense was horrible last year. And while Robertson my not be a pro bowler in tha scheme he was better then anything we had.

The Buf games were irrelavnt since you didn't score much in either game and it was only a 4 point difference. The Pats games the D gave up 18 less and the Dolphins game the D gave up 25 less points(I forgot Miami scored their only TD defensively).

I can't believe all you folks who picked our Phins to finish last. It should be:

1. Patriots 13-3
2. Bills 9-7
3. Phins 7-9
4. Jets 5-11

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: 5 wins.

Vertical Limit
09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Why are the Patriots even on this poll? Did Brady die?
Quoting myself. Damn, I hope he recovers well. I never wish injury on any player, even if it's a division rival. Injuries like the one Brady has can effect him for the rest of his real life outside of football.

djfresh47
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't believe the Pats are going to turn into a 4-12 team without Brady. Though I think for the first time in a long time the division title isn't just automatically going to them. Around the AFC just after 1 week it looks like their will be opportunities for new teams to make a push for the playoffs. For all the talk of parity it seems like the same teams are in the playoffs every year. Though the thing that i'm not looking forward to is hearing about Favre and the Jets.

I'm not ruling out the Pats cause they've still got alot of talent. Though I think they're going to have to go back to the forumla they used in Brady's first year with stellar defense.

JetsFanNY
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
god look at all the predictions from before the jet game what were you thinking picking the jets last.

feelthepain
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
You guys have sucked since 2004, we went 9-3 against you from '98-'03 when you had good teams.

We went 9-7 in 05, I don't think the qualifies as a team that "sucks".

Brassmonki14120
09-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I have to say that I'm pretty confused. In trying to reply to your posts and carry on with the discussion I feel that it is important to clarify just how you come up with what makes a team good or bad. As much as you tell fans there team is bad I feel this may be for the greater good of all.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just see His point.

In order to interact and communicate with you in the way that message boards are intended and to help ensure that there is at least one less arguement would you please enlighten us?

feelthepain
09-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I have to say that I'm pretty confused. In trying to reply to your posts and carry on with the discussion I feel that it is important to clarify just how you come up with what makes a team good or bad. As much as you tell fans there team is bad I feel this may be for the greater good of all.

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just see His point.

In order to interact and communicate with you in the way that message boards are intended and to help ensure that there is at least one less arguement would you please enlighten us?

Good teams= Good coaching, winning records,playoffs, multiple probowlers (that aren't kickers and punters), wins against winning teams, good QB's, league leading statistics, winning division...ect.

Bad teams= Losing records, bad coaching, bad offense, bad defense, losing towards the end of the season rather then winning towards the end of the season, no playoffs,season after season of the same bad numbers, not winning division....ect.

Now looking at the two, which one better fits the Bills? Where is the positive? The Bill fans see a 7-9 record and wins against the Jets and Dolphins as positive things and proof the Bills are the better team. Bill fans do not acknowledge nor give credit to any team but their own. They act as if this is still 07 and no team imporved but the Bills.

The Jets spent upwards of 100 mil to imporve and are only one season removed from the playoffs. Yet Bill fans act like the Jets aren't even in the same area code of talen as the Billst!!! Get frikin real, most teams change from one season to the next, most teams add talent to area's that were weak and as much as Bill fans hate it, there are teams that are more talent in the AFC East.

Bill fans give their Oline more credit then anyone elses, even though they've been near the bottom of the league the last two years. Bill fans give their QB's more credit even though they do not have on QB on their roster that's ever had a winning season as a pro much less any playoff experinece, Until Brady went down the only team in the division that has so little starting at QB was the Bills. Bill fans ignore the fact that their HC is 4 games below 500 as the Bills HC not to mention he been a losing HC throught his entire caree overall.

Bill fans think they are entitled to go to any fan site they wish and tell everyone who great their team is, then when no one complies....cause lets face it there's no evidence to suppot this greatness, Bill fans get bent out of shape and can't understand why people don't see this GRETANESS!! It truly is amazing how Bill fans look at football, the only fans on the planet who's team can be awful and yet be the best at the same time.

Do me a favor, read everything I just wrote, twice! Then come back to me scratching your head wondering where I come to the conlusion the Bills aren't a very good team till they actually prove it. Cause I know you will.

Brassmonki14120
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
So from what I've read you have changed your opinion on Stroud because I no longer see you rippin on him.

One last thing, in many post you rip the Bills for what happened last season and even before that. In another post you defend the fish by saying this isn't last season.

When you contradict yourself like you have it takes away from your credibility.

I want to be able to interact and communicate with here on the boards but it makes it hard to take you seriously when you have such a double standard.

If, like you said, you would like someone to go over your posts twice I will sacrifice my time and do so. Would you like me to start a post showing where you have displayed a double standard here or the depths I'm not sure where to post it but since you requested it and I'm willing to do it I just want to make sure where the right place to post it is).

mindstate
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
the Pats have to go on top, unless someone brave steps up and does to Brady what the pats did to JP last season.

Spooky....

DaBills4life
09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Good teams= Good coaching, winning records,playoffs, multiple probowlers (that aren't kickers and punters), wins against winning teams, good QB's, league leading statistics, winning division...ect.

Bad teams= Losing records, bad coaching, bad offense, bad defense, losing towards the end of the season rather then winning towards the end of the season, no playoffs,season after season of the same bad numbers, not winning division....ect.

Now looking at the two, which one better fits the Bills? Where is the positive? The Bill fans see a 7-9 record and wins against the Jets and Dolphins as positive things and proof the Bills are the better team. Bill fans do not acknowledge nor give credit to any team but their own. They act as if this is still 07 and no team imporved but the Bills.

The Jets spent upwards of 100 mil to imporve and are only one season removed from the playoffs. Yet Bill fans act like the Jets aren't even in the same area code of talen as the Billst!!! Get frikin real, most teams change from one season to the next, most teams add talent to area's that were weak and as much as Bill fans hate it, there are teams that are more talent in the AFC East.

Bill fans give their Oline more credit then anyone elses, even though they've been near the bottom of the league the last two years. Bill fans give their QB's more credit even though they do not have on QB on their roster that's ever had a winning season as a pro much less any playoff experinece, Until Brady went down the only team in the division that has so little starting at QB was the Bills. Bill fans ignore the fact that their HC is 4 games below 500 as the Bills HC not to mention he been a losing HC throught his entire caree overall.

Bill fans think they are entitled to go to any fan site they wish and tell everyone who great their team is, then when no one complies....cause lets face it there's no evidence to suppot this greatness, Bill fans get bent out of shape and can't understand why people don't see this GRETANESS!! It truly is amazing how Bill fans look at football, the only fans on the planet who's team can be awful and yet be the best at the same time.

Do me a favor, read everything I just wrote, twice! Then come back to me scratching your head wondering where I come to the conlusion the Bills aren't a very good team till they actually prove it. Cause I know you will.

I will give the Jets and Dolphins credit once they beat the Bills.

DaBills4life
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Dont act like Dolphin fans and every other teams fans aren't the same way.

Reporters on this board are either dumb or smart based on what they think of Miami.

You give no credit at all to Buffalo, which is probably why you always get into fights with Bills fans. If someone gives credit to Buffalo you try and prove them wrong.

I actually give credit to Miami when it's deserved.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm predicting the Patriots will fall apart without Brady, just like the Colts would without Manning. I could be wrong though. 16 more weeks to go.

nyjunc
09-12-2008, 06:08 AM
I will give the Jets and Dolphins credit once they beat the Bills.

You act like we haven't beaten you in 5 yeras. Last year was your first sweep over us since 1997. Don't expect another one.

emeraldfin
09-12-2008, 07:58 AM

FTP there is one thing you fail to grasp in your argument in that is even with a bad defense, bad offense, etc the Bills still went 7-9 and winning/losing games is the only stat that matters.

Now I personally would rather have went 7-9 last year than having better stats than the Bills. Anytime I have read your posts concerning the Bills you keep refering to these stats as to why they are not as good as people make them out to be. Last seasons stats mean NOTHING this season, ask any Jets fan will they be ranked 29th against the run this season? Stats can also be deciveing. According to the stats last season the Fins were the 4th best pass defense in the league.

Now I know what you will say next and thats they have pretty much the same team as last season? There defense wont be much better? Well heres one for ye, when the Jets played Miami last week they had Revis, Rhodes, Barton, Harris, Thomas, Ellis, Jenkins, Coleman and Smith all playing on defense, which is pretty much the same defense as last season. The same defense who got ran all over last year (ranked 29th in the league) and yet only allowed 50 rushing yards against a run first team.

nyjunc
09-12-2008, 08:35 AM
FTP there is one thing you fail to grasp in your argument in that is even with a bad defense, bad offense, etc the Bills still went 7-9 and winning/losing games is the only stat that matters.

Now I personally would rather have went 7-9 last year than having better stats than the Bills. Anytime I have read your posts concerning the Bills you keep refering to these stats as to why they are not as good as people make them out to be. Last seasons stats mean NOTHING this season, ask any Jets fan will they be ranked 29th against the run this season? Stats can also be deciveing. According to the stats last season the Fins were the 4th best pass defense in the league.

Now I know what you will say next and thats they have pretty much the same team as last season? There defense wont be much better? Well heres one for ye, when the Jets played Miami last weak they had Revis, Rhodes, Barton, Harris, Thomas, Ellis, Jenkins, Coleman and Smith all playing on defense, which is pretty much the same defense as last season. The same defense who got ran all over last year (ranked 29th in the league) and yet only allowed 50 rushing yards against a run first team.

I know the point you are trying to make BUT our D was very good after harris stepped in as the starter around midseason and the key to our run D was not on our team than- Kris jenkins. Overall we have 6 new starters from last opening day(Jenkins, pace, harris, Lowery, Smith) and 4 new starters since the end of last season.

Dtronic
09-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm predicting the Patriots will fall apart without Brady, just like the Colts would without Manning. I could be wrong though. 16 more weeks to go.

I agree.

djfresh47
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I know the point you are trying to make BUT our D was very good after harris stepped in as the starter around midseason and the key to our run D was not on our team than- Kris jenkins. Overall we have 6 new starters from last opening day(Jenkins, pace, harris, Lowery, Smith) and 4 new starters since the end of last season.

I don't think anybody doubts Kris Jenkins talent. It's his injury history that leads people to be skeptical. Marcus Stroud is the same way. Shaun Rogers has talent but he's also had a few off the field issues.

The Jets went for it which I can't fault any organization. Unless they do it the way in which the Browns traded most of their draft.

feelthepain
09-13-2008, 01:42 PM

Now I know what you will say next and thats they have pretty much the same team as last season? There defense wont be much better? Well heres one for ye, when the Jets played Miami last week they had Revis, Rhodes, Barton, Harris, Thomas, Ellis, Jenkins, Coleman and Smith all playing on defense, which is pretty much the same defense as last season. The same defense who got ran all over last year (ranked 29th in the league) and yet only allowed 50 rushing yards against a run first team.

What you refuse to see is that 7 wins gets you no fiurther then 1 win. What you also don't talk about is that you can win 13 games and the next win just 3 games. Just like in one season you can win 3 games and the very next win 11 games. What's the point? The point is what do in one season doesn't mean you're destine to imporve or fail the next.

You can look at wins and loses as if they are all that matters and in some situations this is true, but when you're not a playoff team, wins and loses have no value. Teams that didn't make the playoffs are all the same, you sit at home and watch the playoffs, this is a fact it doesn't matter if you're 10-6 or 1-15. You're out of the playoffs, period.

How does the Bills being 7-9 help them this year? How does Miami being 1-15 hurt them this year? It doesn't in either case. Everything that happened last year was last year. This is a new year and whatever happens has nothing to do with last year. Both teams made changes.

The Bills won 7 games, 5 of those games came against teams that won 5 or less games, that's hardly a major accomplishment for a team that won just 7 games total. In the Dolphins home game last year the Bills were outplayed across the baord yet lucked out a win, does it still count? Sure it does, but we beat the Bills in every aspect of that game without Ricky, Ronnie, Zach, Trent, Chambers or Yeremiah taking one snap in that game.

Bill fans love to tell everyone that will listen how injured they were in 07, but Bill fans seem to think they were the only team in the league to be injured. Well I would like you to look at who the Dolphins lost to injury or trade and tell me who the Bills lost that compares in tealent to the ones the Dolphins lost. No way in hell the Bill inexperienced players they lost compare to the talent Miami lost, it's not even close.

Add to the fact that the Bills couldn't even mange better numbers in Offense and Defense and the fact that they were dead last in the NFL in points scored.The Bills 7 wins were nothing more then the ball bouncing their way.

If you took a poll right now and said "If a team had the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked Defense and had the lowest scoring offense in the league and was in a division that would have a team to finish the year 18-1, how many wins do you think they'd get"? What do you think 99% of the fans in the NFL would say? My guess, 2 wins at most.

SpaceMountain16
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM

They wont completely implode, but i don't see them winning like 12 games or anything. They'll probably be about an 8 win team.

moogyman
09-13-2008, 02:34 PM
What you refuse to see is that 7 wins gets you no further then 1 win. What you also don't talk about is that you can win 13 games and the next win just 3 games. Just like in one season you can win 3 games and the very next win 11 games. What's the point? The point is what do in one season doesn't mean you're destine to improve or fail the next.

You can look at wins and loses as if they are all that matters and in some situations this is true, but when you're not a playoff team, wins and loses have no value. Teams that didn't make the playoffs are all the same, you sit at home and watch the playoffs, this is a fact it doesn't matter if you're 10-6 or 1-15. You're out of the playoffs, period.

How does the Bills being 7-9 help them this year? How does Miami being 1-15 hurt them this year? It doesn't in either case. Everything that happened last year was last year. This is a new year and whatever happens has nothing to do with last year. Both teams made changes.

The Bills won 7 games, 5 of those games came against teams that won 5 or less games, that's hardly a major accomplishment for a team that won just 7 games total. In the Dolphins home game last year the Bills were outplayed across the baord yet lucked out a win, does it still count? Sure it does, but we beat the Bills in every aspect of that game without Ricky, Ronnie, Zach, Trent, Chambers or Yeremiah taking one snap in that game.

Bill fans love to tell everyone that will listen how injured they were in 07, but Bill fans seem to think they were the only team in the league to be injured. Well I would like you to look at who the Dolphins lost to injury or trade and tell me who the Bills lost that compares in tealent to the ones the Dolphins lost. No way in hell the Bill inexperienced players they lost compare to the talent Miami lost, it's not even close.

Add to the fact that the Bills couldn't even mange better numbers in Offense and Defense and the fact that they were dead last in the NFL in points scored.The Bills 7 wins were nothing more then the ball bouncing their way.

If you took a poll right now and said "If a team had the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked Defense and had the lowest scoring offense in the league and was in a division that would have a team to finish the year 18-1, how many wins do you think they'd get"? What do you think 99% of the fans in the NFL would say? My guess, 2 wins at most.

Dude why do you even bother? EVERYBODY (with the exception of you, for some unknown reason, maybe blind hatred) knows the BILLS were a better team last year. EVERYBODY knows that they will possibly be this year as well. For some reason, you cannot grasp this simple fact. Many people here and other message boards have pointed out flaws in your logic over and over again. For some reason, you just don't understand that stats are not the "be-all-end-all" of every situation. Just give it up, your proving nothing ( other than the fact that you might not have clue what you are talking about ). Just take a deep breath.....and let it go. you might feel better about yourself.

Dolphins Own
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Pats. Tom Brady is done, so the Pats are done.

djfresh47
09-13-2008, 11:09 PM
What you refuse to see is that 7 wins gets you no fiurther then 1 win. What you also don't talk about is that you can win 13 games and the next win just 3 games. Just like in one season you can win 3 games and the very next win 11 games. What's the point? The point is what do in one season doesn't mean you're destine to imporve or fail the next.

Yet you bring up the Seahawks injuries as the reason they won last week. If you're not a playoff team you're not a playoff team. Though if Miami went 7-9 last season regardless of stats i'd have much higher expectations.

Just look at the the expectations we had after Miami went 9-7 but according to your thinking mine as well of went 1-15. I get your point but you want it both ways for the Phins and not for other teams in the division.

Brassmonki14120
09-14-2008, 05:10 AM

If you took a poll right now and said "If a team had the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked Defense and had the lowest scoring offense in the league and was in a division that would have a team to finish the year 18-1, how many wins do you think they'd get"? What do you think 99% of the fans in the NFL would say? My guess, 2 wins at most .

You said last year means nothing and then go off on a rant about last year.

How come you never post how in 2007 Buffalo had a Higher Ranked Rushing Offense and Higher Ranked Rushing Defense than the fish?

How about how the fish had the worst Rushing Defense in the league in 2007?

How about the most telling numbers from 2007, 1-15?

By the way, Buffalo wasn't last in the league in scoring in 2007.

In keeping with the topic, from what I've seen in week1 and the current situation in the division my opinion remains the same, Miami will finish last in the AFC East this season.

Deep2Evans
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Miami is brutal again this year.

FrankP
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Miami is brutal again this year.

Yep, have to agree with ya...

SebasMiamiFan
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
The Dolphins, like I've said, will be the best team in the AFC East in the future. It's the Bills time to shine to get their 1st SB win. You guys got 3 years to win. You're on a good start:beer1:

35Ralph
09-15-2008, 06:28 AM
You act like we haven't beaten you in 5 yeras. Last year was your first sweep over us since 1997. Don't expect another one.
The way you guys played your last two games vs. the way we played?

Yeah, I expect another one this year.

And I think the Fins are a better team than the Jets. Smerlas was right. Jets are frauds.

I also think the Fins are going to return the favor in the Meadowlands. They had you down here. They're gonna want to prove that your win was a fluke.

Look for 7-9 out of the Jets.

Justasportsfan
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM

If you took a poll right now and said "If a team had the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked Defense and had the lowest scoring offense in the league and was in a division that would have a team to finish the year 18-1, how many wins do you think they'd get"? What do you think 99% of the fans in the NFL would say? My guess, 2 wins at most.Lol. Someone is graspping for air.

we're 2-0 and better ranked than your fins statistically. What now? YOu're team still better than ours?

Finch83
09-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Fins will definitley be the worst team in the AFC East but who cares we are rebuilding.

The Bills arent winning ANY Super Bowls either. Who actually thinks Jauron can take them to the promiseland??? Bwhahaha

Brassmonki14120
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Fins will definitley be the worst team in the AFC East but who cares we are rebuilding.

The Bills arent winning ANY Super Bowls either. Who actually thinks Jauron can take them to the promiseland??? Bwhahaha

No one is talkin' Super Bowl... yet. I do think we have a real chance of making the playoffs though.

It's pretty exciting when your team plays well and can put together some wins. You can keep trying to convince us otherwise though, if it's a way of making you happy this football season.

djfresh47
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Losing Steve Fairchild maybe the Bills best offseason move. If Hardy was called out I don't believe that play would've been reversed. The Bills should be 4-0 after the next two games. Though the Lions started off fast last year and turned out to be the same garbage Lions they always are.

John from Hemet
09-15-2008, 03:43 PM

I actually have no problem with this philosophy especially from a opposing team fan......

What I do take issue with is earleir this year you said teh fins were going to be better then the bills with absolutely no reasoning other then to irk visitng fans.......

Now that the bills are actually winning early in the season which we have not been able to do....you dont give props.

Finally....when we are playing in the playoffs this year do we get those props....do we have to win the Super Bowl? Only one team out of 32 gets to do that.

Crisis
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
rofl.

even your useless yardage stats can't save you now.

all that matters FTP-

miami one win in last 20 games
buffalo 2 wins in last 2 games.

no one's asking for respect, but you haven't acknowledged the bills are a good team once. you just downplay everything with your useless stats, but when miami adds bill parcells they're automatically a good team all of a sudden lol.

Lee evans83
09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
haha i find this hilarious now that the bills are starting to win regular season games and have good stats in doing so it doesnt matter now because its not the superbowl

djfresh47
09-16-2008, 12:07 AM
rofl.

even your useless yardage stats can't save you now.

all that matters FTP-

miami one win in last 20 games
buffalo 2 wins in last 2 games.

no one's asking for respect, but you haven't acknowledged the bills are a good team once. you just downplay everything with your useless stats, but when miami adds bill parcells they're automatically a good team all of a sudden lol.

I think Miami is a work in progress. Other people on this site may love the draft class and they've said it every year but i'll defend the recent moves. Parcells does have a track record of building teams, yes he leaves them prematurely IMO, though he still builds them. Honestly I disagreed with Jake Long as the pick. If Parcells felt Beck wasn't the answer then Ryan should've been the guy. To defend this I also told a good friend of mine Henne is a Parcells guy. I'd like to see Ronnie Brown as the feature back but maybe they're easing him into it. Right now, IMO he's the guy who can give us hope.

About the Bills. I wasn't an Edwards fan because he doesn't have a big arm. He needs to stay healthy all year for me to buy him 100%. Which has been his struggle even in college. Though he seems so damn smart with the ball. The Bills should go 4-0 going into the 'Zona game. I think they've got to before they get into the playing the better teams.

A couple more games like Sunday and Chad Henne should be the starter for Miami. That and Ronnie Brown our my saving grace.

Crisis
09-16-2008, 12:18 AM
edwards has a seriously underrated arm.

there hasn't been a single throw he's missed where you just say "he doesn't have the arm for it."

he's deadly accurate and has a very underrated deep ball.

Finch83
09-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Bills fans, I wouldnt expect to be in the playoffs JUST yet. The season is a marathon. A LOT of things can happen. But you guys are off to a great start thats for sure.

soflabillsfan
09-16-2008, 08:44 AM
The Bills in my lifetime have never won anything worth remembering, period. By the end of this season it will be just another season that the Bills win nothing significant. 2 games into the season Bill fans coming here sticking their chest out and acting as if 2 wins is as good as the SB. Do Bill fans mention their team drew 2 of the most injured teams in the league? No! Why? Cause then it takes the pretty shine off the reality of the situation.

Ohh please, please, pleassssseeeee like my team......or I'll just cry!!!! Talk about fans desperate to have everyone like their team. The Pats and Colt's and Giants have to win SB's to earn respect, but the Bill fans have to have their respect now after 2 whole wins, cause they demand it!!!! hahahaha. Wins are wins. It's a lot more fun going to a sports bar or to the game and watching your team win then it is watching your team win only 2 of their last 20. You're a guy that if you win reg. season games you'll say they don't matter. If you make it to the playoffs you'll say it doesn't matter if you don't make it to the super bowl. If you make it to the super bowl you'll say it doesn't matter unless you win. Why do you even bother watching football?

nyjunc
09-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Buffalo fans have every right to feel great about starting 2-0. it doesn't matter that Seattle and Jax were banged up, they got 2 wins and I'd love to be 2-0 as well. We played NE w/o Brady and couldn't get it done, injuries are part of the game. Whether it means anything at the end of the season I don't know, teams don't have to win SBs to have successful seasons. It's hard to win SBs and that's something Jets, Bills and dolphins should know since none of us has won one in a long time(Buf hasn't won a title since the AFL Days) and NE fans are realizing again how hard it is after their great run earlier this decade. As a fan it's great to win and to know you are in the hunt and have a chance to get to postseason. Buf hasn't been there since '99 so their fans should be pumped up w/ a good chance to get to postseason this year and whether they win or lose in januray they'll still have great memories of this season if they make it there.

djfresh47
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
For atleast one Sunday the Dolphins were the best looking team in the division. The Bills won and that's all that matters but Miami is headed in the right direction.

feelthepain
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
For atleast one Sunday the Dolphins were the best looking team in the division. The Bills won and that's all that matters but Miami is headed in the right direction.

All that matters to whom?

miamichael2
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
All that matters to whom?
To the NFL standings?

Flip Tanneflop
09-24-2008, 12:10 AM
The Jets....easily. No reason we shouldnt have beaten them week 1. We are a much better team than the Jets. We made way too many mental errors in that game.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 08:33 AM
The Jets....easily. No reason we shouldnt have beaten them week 1. We are a much better team than the Jets. We made way too many mental errors in that game.

:lol::lol: I love the overreactions to a game or 2.

shula_guy
09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
:lol::lol: I love the overreactions to a game or 2.

I have to say and this is not meant to be smack, If I were a Jet fans I would be concerned about the start my team is getting off to. You guys spent alot of money to bring in talent that has not gelled for you yet. It is still early in the season and it can turn around for you, but every week that goes by is the closer you get that point of urgency. You guys are 1-2 and have not looked all that impressive in any of your games so far.

nyjunc
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I have to say and this is not meant to be smack, If I were a Jet fans I would be concerned about the start my team is getting off to. You guys spent alot of money to bring in talent that has not gelled for you yet. It is still early in the season and it can turn around for you, but every week that goes by is the closer you get that point of urgency. You guys are 1-2 and have not looked all that impressive in any of your games so far.

Did you expect the team to be clicking by week 3? I have been disappointed w/ the offense and Favre so far but he needs time to get ont he same page w/ his receivers. We are 1-2 where i expected to be, I didn't expect a blowout the other night but turnovers will do that. if we lose Sunday I'll be really concerned.

djfresh47
09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Looking at the schedule if the Jets can win this week they're going to be able to get themselves on a run with weaker teams. They've got Cincy, Oakland, Kc in successive weaks. Than a trip to Buffalo followed by St. Louis. Win this week and go 4-1 during that span and they're back in it.