PDA

View Full Version : Possible method to get NCAA 09 early...

QuenteK25
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Found this on another forum. Apparently people have done this in the past...created these vouchers and taken them in to Walmart a week in advance of a games release date and convinced an unknowing employee to give them a copy of a game before it was released.

My nearest Walmart is 30 minutes away...anyone care to try this out?

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm336/Ncaafootball2009easports/Voucher.jpg?t=1215353628

Nosferatu
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Is it really worth the potential legal issues (fraud) to get a game a week early?

footballer
07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
no way im trying that for ncaa
- i can wait-
would do it for maddden thou- lol-----

Dolfan32323
07-08-2008, 03:21 PM
I enjoyed NCAA08 more?

CitizenSnips
07-08-2008, 05:05 PM
oh man, the field day EA could have if said walmart ever got caught. They send EA reps to count the amount of Maddens at each gamestop throughout the week before its released.

QuenteK25
07-08-2008, 05:40 PM
oh man, the field day EA could have if said walmart ever got caught. They send EA reps to count the amount of Maddens at each gamestop throughout the week before its released.

You've experienced this, read about this, heard about this....?

retired opfinistic
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
You've experienced this, read about this, heard about this....?
He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

QuenteK25
07-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Ah....gotcha

LOL

CitizenSnips
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Ah....gotcha

LOL

I work at a gamestop. They probably don't send them out to every gamestop cause that would be logistically too much. But we did have guy come in and check to see if any of the seals were broken or if the boxes were opened.

We do get them far ahead in advance. Almost two weeks. It doesn't make sense. (and as a big madden fan, its very tempting)

=FinTunaWorld=
07-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I work at a gamestop. They probably don't send them out to every gamestop cause that would be logistically too much. But we did have guy come in and check to see if any of the seals were broken or if the boxes were opened.

We do get them far ahead in advance. Almost two weeks. It doesn't make sense. (and as a big madden fan, its very tempting)

What can happen if the manager took one?

CitizenSnips
07-12-2008, 03:26 AM
What can happen if the manager took one?

You know thats like "what happens when you push the red button." In all likeliness, nothing. A very ridiculous series of events would have to occur for anyone of importance to know a store employee took a copy home, but it would not mean good things for the store if a higher up found out. I know the game cannot be sold until the release date because the transaction will be logged on the system.

Side note: I wonder if EA can use Xbox Live to track whether or not someone has played the game before its release? I mean all xbox live accounts track what games are played and when, its possible they could be scouring through XBL to see if anyones playing it right now. This is all just random thoughts however.

I was actually holding the game this afternoon. is anyone else curious how WVUs fullback got ont he cover of the PSP version? Like, really? Couldn't get someone else?

footballer
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
You know thats like "what happens when you push the red button." In all likeliness, nothing. A very ridiculous series of events would have to occur for anyone of importance to know a store employee took a copy home, but it would not mean good things for the store if a higher up found out. I know the game cannot be sold until the release date because the transaction will be logged on the system.

Side note: I wonder if EA can use Xbox Live to track whether or not someone has played the game before its release? I mean all xbox live accounts track what games are played and when, its possible they could be scouring through XBL to see if anyones playing it right now. This is all just random thoughts however.

I was actually holding the game this afternoon. is anyone else curious how WVUs fullback got ont he cover of the PSP version? Like, really? Couldn't get someone else?

that fb is owen schmdt, and the dude is money-

WestCKoastiN
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Gamestop listed as Available anyone think its a mistake?