PDA

View Full Version : Oh My, Microsoft hits Sony Hard...

CitizenSnips
07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-xbox-360/

FF13 not an exclusive anymore...

Dolphins9954
07-14-2008, 07:19 PM

I just read that on another site. This definitely hurts PS3 big time.

Miami 13
07-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Doesn't bother me, The only FF I like is IX and I have very little interest on XIII.

SarahAnn
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Wasn't getting it anyways, last FF I liked was X-2. I hate this real time combat BS, they are trying to turn the series into an Action-RPG. My PS3 died anyways, gotta get it fixed. I'll be on my third PS3 now, though the first bricked cause power went out while firmware was upgrading so that wasnt sonys fault.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Wasn't getting it anyways, last FF I liked was X-2. I hate this real time combat BS, they are trying to turn the series into an Action-RPG. My PS3 died anyways, gotta get it fixed. I'll be on my third PS3 now, though the first bricked cause power went out while firmware was upgrading so that wasnt sonys fault.

Wow, three? You gave up on the 360 for that? Maybe you should try a Wii?

Anyway, HUGE kick in the groin for Sony and the PS3.

CitizenSnips
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
this is gigantic for the 360. This was the only game they have that made me want a Ps3, bow i dont need it at all.

Miami 13
07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
As long as Sony keeps Resistance and Warhawk I'm good.

ch19079
07-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Right now, Sony needs all the exclusives it can get. They need people to start buying the PS3. Metal Gear got many to shell out the cash, but without great exclusives, many will simply stick with their 360.

Im not a Final Fantasy game fan, but I am a PS3 fan (and I hate XBox... im not really sure why).

illscriptures
07-15-2008, 01:58 PM
What about MGS 4?

I can't wait for Fallout 3. Its gonna be the bees knees.

CitizenSnips
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM
What about MGS 4?

MGS4 is a great game. I would love to play it, but its not selling the system the way Sony would like. FF13 would have. (it still will, just not as much. Especially if the 360 is still the cheaper system by the time the game comes out).

ch19079
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
What about MGS 4?

I heard that MGS 4 was going to also come out on Xbox in late 2009. But that isnt all that horrible for sony since thats more than a year after its initial release. It sounds more like a way to make even more money for the developers.

And if anything, Metal Gear Solid 4 sold MORE PS3s (as part of a bundle) than anyone thaught, since I had to go to about 5 diffrent stores before I found one that wasnt sold out.

Final Fantasy would have sold even more PS3s, but they had to be asking for a huge amount of money for the exclusive rights. Im not a Final Fantasy fan so ill survive. Now if Socom went to Xbox, I would probubly cry. :shakeno:

CitizenSnips
07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I heard that MGS 4 was going to also come out on Xbox in late 2009. But that isnt all that horrible for sony since thats more than a year after its initial release. It sounds more like a way to make even more money for the developers.

And if anything, Metal Gear Solid 4 sold MORE PS3s (as part of a bundle) than anyone thaught, since I had to go to about 5 diffrent stores before I found one that wasnt sold out.

Final Fantasy would have sold even more PS3s, but they had to be asking for a huge amount of money for the exclusive rights. Im not a Final Fantasy fan so ill survive. Now if Socom went to Xbox, I would probubly cry. :shakeno:

Oh that bundle is definitly hard to find. Im sure anyone who wanted a PS3 and MGS4 bought that bundle.

Get Up And Go
07-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm getting FF13 for the PS3 because it feels right. For me FF and Playstation go together.

Miami 13
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Screw FF13, MAG is going to be epic. Online with 256 players!

Dolphins9954
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
What about MGS 4?

360 will have the exclusive rights to all DLC for Fallout 3. Yet another big move by MS.

CitizenSnips
07-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm getting FF13 for the PS3 because it feels right. For me FF and Playstation go together.

lol....what about Final Fantasy 1-6?

CitizenSnips
07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Screw FF13, MAG is going to be epic. Online with 256 players!
that really means nothing. Frontlines had a lot of people online too and it just kind of sucked.

Get Up And Go
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
lol....what about Final Fantasy 1-6?

I'm aware of the titles. I got into FF at 7. Since 1997, Playstation has been the place for FF games.

Miami 13
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
that really means nothing. Frontlines had a lot of people online too and it just kind of sucked.
50 and 64 players.....This has 256, a pretty big difference.

CitizenSnips
07-17-2008, 01:10 PM

my point was, what could possibly be your significance in an online game of 256 people? Theres no way you can play deathmatch with that many people, which is all most people care about anyway whent hey play war games online. I mean the game is still very early in development and all, I'm just curious what you do.

Dolphins9954
07-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Don't hold your breath. Sony has a history of promising things that don't turn up. How long now have PS3 owners been waiting for Home? Plus games like GOW prove that the amount of players doesn't really matter. It's the game that counts.

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-17-2008, 09:12 PM

As Citizensnips points out, the more players in a game, the less significant each individual becomes. As much as I loved Star Wars Battle Front at first, it became clear that whether I had a good game, or a bad one, only my team on average doing well really mattered.

To get back on topic though, I don't think you can underestimate the power of the Final Fantasy name. Consoles are bought just for those games, and now gamers can stick with just a 360 if they want.

In fact, even if it takes a set collection of 4-5 DVDs, I could see MGS4 coming to the Xbox 360 in 2009. Yeah, it could happen. How can you say otherwise when a week ago the same thing would have been said about FFXIII?

KnifeOfTheDead
07-17-2008, 11:07 PM
BURN!!!!!!!!!

PS3 is going to have a huge year anyway, they've got several impressive releases. but we have our own: Legendary: The Box, Halo Wars, GOW2!, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, etc. all of those are going to be EXTREMELY FUN. for example: in Legendary, you're a thief told to steal a box. you get it, open it, and it turns out to be pandora's box. thousands of mythical beasts get released into the city, and you are pretty much forced to kill them. thats about it. sounds like fun, huh? check out OXM's description of the 1st level:
In fact, here’s a tip: before even watching, let alone playing Legendary, pop a few Prozac and wear earplugs — because the first level alone is like cracking open the top of your skull, pouring lighter fluid on your brain, lighting a match, and then screaming at the melting matter. And we mean that in a good way.

i love that sentence.

CitizenSnips
07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
I also wanna see if Sony finds a way to hold on to FFXIII Versus. Right now that is still Sony exclusive. But we'll see.

Get Up And Go
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
BURN!!!!!!!!!

PS3 is going to have a huge year anyway, they've got several impressive releases. but we have our own: Legendary: The Box, Halo Wars, GOW2!, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, etc. all of those are going to be EXTREMELY FUN. for example: in Legendary, you're a thief told to steal a box. you get it, open it, and it turns out to be pandora's box. thousands of mythical beasts get released into the city, and you are pretty much forced to kill them. thats about it. sounds like fun, huh? check out OXM's description of the 1st level:

i love that sentence.

Legenday and Star Wars: Force Unleashed are multiplatform

Deus Ex Dolphin
07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
I also wanna see if Sony finds a way to hold on to FFXIII Versus. Right now that is still Sony exclusive. But we'll see.

Yeah, nothing (outside of Sony produced games) is SAFE anymore. I'll also point out that if your an RPG fan, the Xbox 360 is THE system of choice this generation. There are a ton to play right now, and more in the near future.

Sony seems more focused on FPS games this generation in fact. A total reversal from the PS2/Xbox days.

Miami 13
07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
LittleBigPlanet will be one of the best games to come out this year on any system and maybe even be THE best game this year.

FinsNCanes
07-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Still have Socom and Resistance as well as a few others I'm sure.

CitizenSnips
07-19-2008, 12:30 AM
LittleBigPlanet will be one of the best games to come out this year on any system and maybe even be THE best game this year.

Didn't you say GTA IV was already game of the year? If not best game of all time?

:d-day:Did you already forget about it?

Miami 13
07-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Didn't you say GTA IV was already game of the year? If not best game of all time?

:d-day:Did you already forget about it?
It currently has the GOTY sealed up easily, but LBP COULD edge it out and be the #1 game of the year.

Dolphins9954
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Gears of War 2 is also a big contender as well.

SarahAnn
07-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Wow, three? You gave up on the 360 for that? Maybe you should try a Wii?

Anyway, HUGE kick in the groin for Sony and the PS3.

I had 6 360 in a little over a year before giving that up for the PS3. None of which worked for longer than a month. Over that year I spent more time waiting for them to be fixed/replaced than I did playing.

It currently has the GOTY sealed up easily, but LBP COULD edge it out and be the #1 game of the year.

In my opinion GTA wasnt even "Game of the Quarter". MGS was much better.

SpaceMountain16
07-21-2008, 12:22 AM
LittleBigPlanet looks stupid, i saw it on E3 and i'm not impressed.

Gears of War 2 is going to be THE game this year, and as much as i love the MGS series now that FF is moving over to 360 also and that possibly opening the door for more PS3 exclusives to come over, i think i'll stick with 360. Even though the hard ware for me has been frustrating and unreliable at times.

SarahAnn
07-21-2008, 07:33 AM

Personally I think it looks stupid, and will probably turn out to be stupid and extremly fun, Can anyone say Katamari? Everyone I know who has a PS3 already has a preorder down on it.

Get Up And Go
07-21-2008, 08:34 AM

Gears of War 2 is going to be THE game this year, and as much as i love the MGS series now that FF is moving over to 360 also and that possibly opening the door for more PS3 exclusives to come over, i think i'll stick with 360. Even though the hard ware for me has been frustrating and unreliable at times.

GOW2 isn't going to be different enough from the original to be GOY.

My list of candidates for GOY:
Fable 2
LBP
Resistance 2
Fallout 3
Force Unleashed

CitizenSnips
07-21-2008, 02:14 PM
GOW2 isn't going to be different enough from the original to be GOY.

My list of candidates for GOY:
Fable 2
LBP
Resistance 2
Fallout 3
Force Unleashed

Fallout 3 is going to win I think. But Force Unleashed is going to give it a run for its money.

As for Fable 2, resistance 2, and Gears 2, they're all pretty similar to their original titles.

Miami 13
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM

How does LBP look stupid? Please explain. It also got G4's Best E3 2008 Game Award.

footballer
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM

man- i remember sony was so brash when they released th e ps3-
one old chinese guy from sony said " people will work more hours, to afford a ps3"-

uhhh- not really mee-ya-gee-

i wouldnt piss on a PS3 if it were on fire-

Greatness920
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
man- i remember sony was so brash when they released th e ps3-
one old chinese guy from sony said " people will work more hours, to afford a ps3"-

uhhh- not really mee-ya-gee-

i wouldnt piss on a PS3 if it were on fire-

i wouldnt piss on it either i mean itll look cool on fire but that doesnt mean people wont buy it i got mine like a year ago and i love it the games just keep getting better and better and theyve only usedlike 50% of th esystem imagine when they actually start knowing exactly how to work it the games r gonna be insane woo!

SarahAnn
08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
i wouldnt piss on it either i mean itll look cool on fire but that doesnt mean people wont buy it i got mine like a year ago and i love it the games just keep getting better and better and theyve only usedlike 50% of th esystem imagine when they actually start knowing exactly how to work it the games r gonna be insane woo!

Sony's making a huge mistake right now with the 40 gig unit. They have stopped shipping them to Best buy in my region. Every store from Richmond through Philly is sold out of the 40 gb unit. I can understand limiting the number of units in anticipation of dropping the price of the 80gb, but I can't even replace unit I had. Its hard to sell systems when the stores dont have any and dont know when/if they will be getting more.

FinsNCanes
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
LittleBigPlanet...Spore...

What's the difference? I think they both look rather boring to be honest, and the 360 is built like ****. Mine died..I think 2 months ago now or something and it's still sitting in my closet. Going back to MMO gaming I think..consoles can't hold my attention for very long. I think I've played MGS4 for a total of 2 hours.

CitizenSnips
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Sony's making a huge mistake right now with the 40 gig unit. They have stopped shipping them to Best buy in my region. Every store from Richmond through Philly is sold out of the 40 gb unit. I can understand limiting the number of units in anticipation of dropping the price of the 80gb, but I can't even replace unit I had. Its hard to sell systems when the stores dont have any and dont know when/if they will be getting more.

Not to mention Sony's ditching backwards compatibility altogether with their new systems as well.

GinnVP
06-18-2010, 08:54 PM
fallout 3 is going to win i think. but force unleashed is going to give it a run for its money.

as for fable 2, resistance 2, and gears 2, they're all pretty similar to their original titles.
faillllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaZed
10-07-2010, 07:13 PM
woot ff for xbox sounds awesome
best ff was viii and x
havent played many others though