PDA

View Full Version : This Day in the NFL...A Bet has Still Not Been Fulfilled

rdhstlr23
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
July 17, 2007

"The Miami Dolphins cut quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper lasted just one season with the team."

*cough* *cough* WVDolphan--Culpepper NOT a June 1st cut. I'll be waiting to see your shaved head.

http://www.nfl.com/

tkPhinFan
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
July 17, 2007

"The Miami Dolphins cut quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper lasted just one season with the team."

*cough* *cough* WVDolphan--Culpepper NOT a June 1st cut. I'll be waiting to see your shaved head.

http://www.nfl.com/

Don't hold your breath.....  He'll never admit to losing the bet.  

retired opfinistic
07-18-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/07/04843491714-1.jpg

Dolfan4life!
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
The funny part is that he still shows up here to post his opinion...as if he has an ounce of credibility.

Wildbill3
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Not to defend anyone, but honestly who cares? DC sucked in his only season here, and instead of giving him one more year (and salvaging yet another blown second round pick) Camoron dumps him. (which poetic justice him getting fired without getting another season to prove himself...) and the cycle repeated itself this offseason, another offseason, another 2nd round pick used to aquire the future savior of the fins.

Anyway back to the point, who cares if he does or doesn't cut his hair, hell who is he here to prove himself to? I would hope that all of us were adult enough that our percieved manhood on a messageboard didn't effect our daily lives.

Finfang
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
WV and myself were brutalized by this board for our opinions on the great Daunte Culpepper and guess what we were right.

DC was washed up and that is the bottom line folks!

The Dolphins cut Daunte so WV should not have to cut his hair plain and simple so give it a rest!!!!

BobDole
07-18-2008, 12:44 PM
no way that bet ever comes to fruition. and a shaved head ain't nothin for a guy. while it is lame to bet someone on a football message board - in front of thousands to see - and not deliver, gonna have to agree with Will Bill because this message board is not real life. validation should come elsewhere.

but he is a piece of work. i think he was serious about those kid toucher claims against retired ope - and to post something serious like that based on a freakin picture - dude is out of his damn mind. but hey, at least he keeps it interesting.

retired opfinistic
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I find him amusing, even if he does not have the honor to deliver on a foolish bet. I would have shaved my head because I am a man of my word, and my hair would have grown back, and my buddies and I would have had a good laugh over why I shaved it.

Wildbill3
07-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I find him amusing, even if he does not have the honor to deliver on a foolish bet. I would have shaved my head because I am a man of my word, and my hair would have grown back, and my buddies and I would have had a good laugh over why I shaved it.
Um well opie (http://www.jimmyakin.org/images/ron_howard.jpg), I don't think you have enough hair that a shaved head is much of a threat. :d-day:

retired opfinistic
07-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Um well opie (http://www.jimmyakin.org/images/ron_howard.jpg), I don't think you have enough hair that a shaved head is much of a threat. :d-day:

:unsure:

rdhstlr23
07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
WV and myself were brutalized by this board for our opinions on the great Daunte Culpepper and guess what we were right.

DC was washed up and that is the bottom line folks!

The Dolphins cut Daunte so WV should not have to cut his hair plain and simple so give it a rest!!!!

Uh again, it doesn't matter if he was cut or not. Great, you wanna hear you're right? You were right...about him being cut.

I'm talking about the timing. THAT WAS THE BET! IT WAS THAT DAUNTE CULPEPPER WOULD A JUNE 1ST CUT, WHICH MEANS HE'D BE CUT ON OR BEFORE JUNE 1ST.

HE WASN'T! I don't know what is so difficult to understand.

Daunte was washed up. Cool. Great. He was cut. Awesome. Wonderful. But you know what? He wasn't cut on or before June 1st. Therefore, he lost the bet. Get it?

Wildbill3
07-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Uh again, it doesn't matter if he was cut or not. Great, you wanna hear you're right? You were right...about him being cut.

I'm talking about the timing. THAT WAS THE BET! IT WAS THAT DAUNTE CULPEPPER WOULD A JUNE 1ST CUT, WHICH MEANS HE'D BE CUT ON OR BEFORE JUNE 1ST.

Daunte was washed up. Cool. Great. He was cut. Awesome. Wonderful. But you know what? He wasn't cut on or before June 1st. Therefore, he lost the bet. Get it?
Alright alright we get it. you don't like WV. Your ignore list grows daily blah blah. :rolleyes:

Finfang
07-19-2008, 06:55 PM

:yap:

No I don't get it. Why does it have anything to do with you?

Why don't you just give it up.

Don't you have a cult meeting to attend or something. .:bye:

Finfang
07-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Alright alright we get it. you don't like WV. Your ignore list grows daily blah blah. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Flip Tanneflop
07-25-2008, 12:42 AM

First of all it wasnt a bet. It was a statement. A bet is when two people(or sides, a person and a bookie or gambling establishment) agree to put up something of value on a particular outcome. I didnt bet anyone. I made a statement that if Culpepper wasnt a June 1st cut I would shave my head.

Secondly, Culpepper was a June 1 cut going by the league rules that were in place the previous season. At the time I made the statement, I was ignorant of the fact that the league had changed the rule starting that year and there was less emphasis on the June 1.

Third, you state BEFORE or on June 1 when a June 1st cut was classified as someone cut on or AFTER June 1. Thats just you being a *******. You see starting on June 1, veterans could be cut and the money that counts against a teams cap could be split over a couple of seasons. Thats why the date was always anticipated because teams would wait until then to cut higher priced veterans. Not before *******. If you cut them before June 1 all the money counted against your cap that season. Anyways, as I stated the rule was tweaked that offseason so there was less emphasis on it. That was me being a *******.

Nevertheless I was correct all along. Culpepper was indeed a June 1st cut as far as league rules in regards to the cap. It wasnt my fault that the Chiefs GM and the phins FO dicked around on the Green trade and then Cam and the gang were dumb enough to think someone might offer us a 7th round pick for a washed up QB who everyone knew was going to be cut. So he stuck on the roster a bit. Big deal. He still never sniffed making the roster.

And little did alot of you know that I shave my head basically every year right around that time. Which is half the reason I threw that out there. You see I typically dont work in the summer(although this year thanks to gas being over $4 a gallon I picked up a summer gig) so I shave my head. During the summer I just hang out at the lake, watch baseball, and sleep alot. If I go out I wear a baseball cap. My hair is thick and lusterous:lol: so it typically grows back to the length I wear it by the time I begin working again in late August. But, at no time did I fear being wrong about Culpepper so I didnt even bother taking photos of the procedure. I wont admit to losing a bet, because for one it wasnt a bet it was a statement, and 2, I was 100% correct.

Finally, dude, why didnt you just start a thread with a post about how you hate WVDolphan? It wouldve been much simpler and to the point instead of bringing up pure spun up total bs nonsense like this. Get your facts straight.