PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 09: Better? Worse?

!!Wolf!!
07-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Just wondering what the rest of you thought about NCAA 09. Been playing the last 2 days and I gotta say with the exception of Online Dynasty (which Im still tryin to figure out), its the same and in some areas, not as good as previous years.

CitizenSnips
07-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Just wondering what the rest of you thought about NCAA 09. Been playing the last 2 days and I gotta say with the exception of Online Dynasty (which Im still tryin to figure out), its the same and in some areas, not as good as previous years.

I think its better. But theres nothing big that makes it better, more so the little stuff. The ability to change you running play into a basic 'quick pass play' and stuff like that is pretty cool. Your receivers actually make a legitimate attempt at trying to keep their feet in bounds now when making sideline catches. The way your characters move is much better. Spin moves, jukes, and hurtles all work and look better. I like the fact that your QB gets rattled the worse he plays on the road. That seems pretty realistic to me. And, while the mascot game is most definitely silly, it was fun for a game or two.

Again nothing big to point at and say "09 was better then all others" but the small tweaks to the actual game play are very good.

!!Wolf!!
07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Audibles/Play manipulation at the Line = Better
Movement = Better...pivoting on your down Hand? Thats awesome.
Dynasty = Better especially with Online
Graphics = Same
Campus Legend (Even though some don't like it) = Worse
Playcalling Window = Liked the old one...

Also like the celebrations a little more. Though I wished they could of painted 2 other chicks faces for UCLA...jeez

Think Im going to have to stick with off line Dynasty....lost connection with EA Servers multiple times. No connection lost with LIVE just EA Servers...reminds me of RB6V...how is it I can play COD4 online wit no lag but can't play a game of football online?

CitizenSnips
07-20-2008, 06:27 AM
how is it I can play COD4 online wit no lag but can't play a game of football online?

prediction programming. In a shooting game, there aren't many options given to you. You shoot, you run, you die. Its easy for them to program and 'predict' what you going to do with a game long before you ever play it. In Call of duty your options are Shoot, or die. In a football game each player has literally hundreds of things they can do. play as any player on the field, call any play, make any movement, etc. This means they cant predict what the player is going to do, which means they cant smooth out the lag as easily as they could with a shooter.

Its why shooters and racers generally have the least lag, cause the player only has a few options. Shoot or drive.

SpaceMountain16
07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Audibles/Play manipulation at the Line = Better
Movement = Better...pivoting on your down Hand? Thats awesome.
Dynasty = Better especially with Online
Graphics = Same
Campus Legend (Even though some don't like it) = Worse
Playcalling Window = Liked the old one...

Also like the celebrations a little more. Though I wished they could of painted 2 other chicks faces for UCLA...jeez

Think Im going to have to stick with off line Dynasty....lost connection with EA Servers multiple times. No connection lost with LIVE just EA Servers...reminds me of RB6V...how is it I can play COD4 online wit no lag but can't play a game of football online?

well for graphics, i think they are a lot better this year, the stadiums look better and so does the field. I haven't played a dynasty yet or a campus legend so i cant comment. I like the crowd stuff and how it can mess your offense up, and how a QB gets rattled after throwing a pick but can fix that if he read the defense correctly. I'd say this is better than last year.

!!Wolf!!
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Home Field Advantage = Good
Ice the Kicker/Quiz the QB = Good...saved me in the last 2 games.

RaboGrande24
07-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I love this game especially the movement it finnaly feels like your controlling a real person and not just some thing pivoting. It still has some bad things though

QuenteK25
07-26-2008, 11:08 AM
The ability to change you running play into a basic 'quick pass play' and stuff like that is pretty cool.

I must have missed this along the way....how do you do that? I have only called the regular audibles.

As for the original question....I think it's better. All the little subtleties and the end zone celebrations are nice.

Just wish they'd put up some new pictures for my favorite team (BYU). On the menu screens, etc...they still have the same pictures from NCAA 08 for BYU.

CitizenSnips
07-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I must have missed this along the way....how do you do that? I have only called the regular audibles.

As for the original question....I think it's better. All the little subtleties and the end zone celebrations are nice.

Just wish they'd put up some new pictures for my favorite team (BYU). On the menu screens, etc...they still have the same pictures from NCAA 08 for BYU.

when you go to call an audible, you can hit up on the stick to do a play action pass out of the formation. Down on the stick to do a run. Right on the stick to do a deep pass and left to do a quick pass. It's a lifesaver for Legend of the Campus mode.

armyfinfan
07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Does recruiting still take forever or is it faster than 08?

footballer
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
this game is dope! from the mini games to the "bluff" mode when you rt and rs it up-the replays are on the spot- and the games flow well, but the a.i. is a littl suspect sometimes- lots of glitchers online, be careful who you play- and you be ok- go get it.

QuenteK25
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
when you go to call an audible, you can hit up on the stick to do a play action pass out of the formation. Down on the stick to do a run. Right on the stick to do a deep pass and left to do a quick pass. It's a lifesaver for Legend of the Campus mode.

You're the man, thanks!

That's what I get for never going through the tutorials, manuals on games anymore.