PDA

View Full Version : RIP Tom "T-Rock" Eddie

"Big Dave"
07-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Guys,

For those of you who knew Tom, he lost his battle with Lymphoma cancer. He loved to debate and was pretty much the heart and soul of my site. He will definitely be missed. Please remember his wife and "kids" in your prayers.

Dave

Orlando Sentinel Obituary: Thomas Joseph Eddie (http://www.legacy.com/orlandosentinel/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=113308358)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/07/webweekend_01-1.jpg

Wildbill3
07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm not the best at these sorta things, but recently one of our own, a fan who gave a lot to this online community we like to call messageboards passed away. I didnt' frequent the site (Phinfever) too much but I know a loss when I hear about it. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family T-Rock and you'll be missed. For those of you who knew him here is the thread about his passing.

http://www.phinfever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40457&start=0

I'll leave this thread here in the main (stickied) for a bit.

Danny
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
my prayers go out to his family

Ozzy rules!!

SuperMarksBros.
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, I remember when he kicked off his website, dolphinsonline.com. I frequented it so much he asked me be a mod and i humbly accepted. we were in a couple of "Dolphin Fans Only" fantasy leagues, and PMed each other with trade proposals regularly.

man, this sucks.

Sean
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
My condolences go out to his family and prayers also. He will be missed, even though I rarely knew him. RIP man, you are in a better place without anger and only happiness.

FinsGonnaRock06
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
RIP Fellow DOLPHAN, May peace be with his family during these tough times.

dolphindebby
07-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I go to phinfever a lot. Tom was one of the nicest and most helpful guys there. He and Dave are special people.
My prayers are with Dave, Tom's family and all the members over there that loved him.

ChambersWI
07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
sad day for Fin Fans. T-Rock was one of those guys who was a calming presense during years of turmoil and was a voice of reason. Don't know how many of you had the chance to meet the guy, but he was a good man.

FinsFan74
07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
GOD Bless Tom and his family.

SpaceMountain16
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
No way! not T-Rock!

I used to frequent Phinfever and still do to read Big Dave's blogs on the home page during the season and when something big happens. I was a member there under various accounts in the past and it was the first Dolphins fan forum that i ever really came to know (back when the Christopher Walker Cobwell/Hank Williams Jr ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL sound clip used to greet site viewers).

I always remember T-Rock for being a very passionate Dolphins fan who was always friendly and respectful to members on the site, and i'm sure was a big part of helping Phinfever go strong all of these years. His passing is a huge blow to the community of Dolphin fans.

R.I.P T

Spiff
07-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Only the good die young :-(

Nublar7
07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
This is very sad news. T-Rock was a good person and he will be greatly missed. My condolences to his family.

RIP Tom.

acmeanvil49
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I did not know him but I'm still sorry to hear of his passing.

Predaphin
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow, this came so close to bringing me to tears...

This is what I read at the memorial service:

"God saw you were getting tired and a cure was not to be, so he put his arms around you and whispered come with me. With tearful eyes I watched you suffer and saw you fade away; although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay. A Golden Heart stopped beating, hard working hands to rest. God broke my heart to prove me, He only takes the Best."

The pain and suffering is over. He is in a better place, and it's only a matter of time when we will all be together again. It's always sad to see a fin brother pass.....

My thoughts and prayers go out to his Family & Freinds.....

igor79
07-26-2008, 03:53 PM
I spend a weekend a year hanging out with TRock and many of the other Dolphins Webmasters. This year will not be the same w/out him.

Ozzy
07-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Guys,

For those of you who knew Tom, he lost his battle with Lymphoma cancer. He loved to debate and was pretty much the heart and soul of my site. He will definitely be missed. Please remember his wife and "kids" in your prayers.

Dave

Orlando Sentinel Obituary: Thomas Joseph Eddie (http://www.legacy.com/orlandosentinel/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=113308358)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/07/webweekend_01-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure I was there the day that picture was taken, and I was there thanks to Tom!!!!! He got me a pass to get in.

What a good man he was! I'll miss him big time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family....

BLITZKRIEG
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about T-Rock. I'm a regular over at Phinfever, and his loss will certainly be felt throughout the boards. He'll be missed by many of us without question. My deepest condolences. RIP T-ROCK!!!!!!!!!!.....

IN TUNA WE TRUST!!!!

GoonBoss
07-27-2008, 12:34 AM
I am truely sorry to hear of his passing. His work is left behind him, and, somone else picks up the guidon to carry on. That's the way of the honorable. RIP.

romio
07-27-2008, 11:35 AM
i knew who t rock was i chatted with him many time sorry to hear that, May God Bless him and his family.

X-Pacolypse
07-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I've never met the man, but my condolences go out to his family.

Agua
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Don't recall dealing with the man on any board, but God bless to his family. RIP Friend.

fin-atic
07-30-2008, 01:52 AM
A sad, sad, sad loss for the family and everyone in the Dolphin community everywhere. I have met Tom at web weekends and know his work. Class at every level.

The site and the staff send their deepest symapthy.

-Matt Kent