PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts after the Madden09 demo?

JuanchoColombia
08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
I think I'm gonna fold this year...it's the same ****ing game that they sold us last year!!!! Just a few (very few) cosmetic improvements, some stupid lame gimmicks and that's all.... oh and updated rosters, ALL that for just 60 bucks :rolleyes2:

Damn, I'm not paying 60 bucks again 'til they stop making 5 polygons sideline players or at least PUT A DAMN REFEREE ON THE FIELD!!!! is it so hard??

so, what are your thoughts on this one???

CitizenSnips
08-01-2008, 03:02 AM
lol that demo was a joke and if you honestly think you even got a glimpse of the game from it then your lying. First off, the only game play open to you was a two minute drill of the giants that ended once you score and the madden test, which is terrible. You weren't even allowed to play defense which is just plain ridiculous.

Graphically though, the game looks better then it has looked in years. Theres no denying that. And that's about all i can say about the game from that demo. I didnt get to play defense, I didnt get to play as my dolphins, and since it was a two minute drill with one timeout, i didnt even get a chance to actually run the ball.

Realistically, the demo was only put out there to show how good the graphics are, and thats it. The actual gameplay is horribly gimped since you cant afford to do anything but pass and you dont play any d or special teams. This year it really does seem like they tried very hard to deliver a new and impressive madden, I think you're to quick to judge them off that demo.

footballer
08-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Madden Is King And We Serve It

ch19079
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Every year they release an average madden remake, I just want to go to the grave of the 2K series and cry.

MURDERERS!!!

Greatness920
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
the onyl thing i still dont like is that the downs people r gone i used to love runnign them over lol and the players on the sidelines r just horrendous thats like inexcuseable

John Biello
08-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Every year they release an average madden remake, I just want to go to the grave of the 2K series and cry.

MURDERERS!!!

shame we are the minority, but ill still be buying madden as usual.

SpaceMountain16
08-02-2008, 04:01 AM
I heard the players look really fat and it looks like NFL Blitz 2000 or something.

But i'm not buying it, nor do i have any intention of downloading the demo, so i could care less.

Greatness920
08-02-2008, 02:39 PM
i playhed it it was alright i thought the madden test was rediculous cuz they didnt even show the controls or watever

CitizenSnips
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I heard the players look really fat and it looks like NFL Blitz 2000 or something.

But i'm not buying it, nor do i have any intention of downloading the demo, so i could care less.

it looks fantastic. the player models and the stadium are top notch. The grass is also about as real as it can possibly look.

Greatness920
08-02-2008, 11:46 PM
oh the other thing that bothered me A LOT was the passes the ball doesnt even spi how gay is that it rotates like its a duck its whack i hope that was just the demo and not the game

PhinSoldia
08-03-2008, 12:08 AM
I think I'm gonna fold this year...it's the same ****ing game that they sold us last year!!!! Just a few (very few) cosmetic improvements, some stupid lame gimmicks and that's all.... oh and updated rosters, ALL that for just 60 bucks :rolleyes2:

Damn, I'm not paying 60 bucks again 'til they stop making 5 polygons sideline players or at least PUT A DAMN REFEREE ON THE FIELD!!!! is it so hard??

so, what are your thoughts on this one???

i honestly think that there is nothing else major that madden can do...i think they are stretching "next gen" consoles as it is...and until some new mindbolowing new technology is created...the changes are going to be cosmetic...BUT...i am video game fan and a football fan so i will serve my madden master

ALL HAIL

SpaceMountain16
08-03-2008, 05:26 AM
it looks fantastic. the player models and the stadium are top notch. The grass is also about as real as it can possibly look.

Well i played it on the PS3 version, i dont know if the frame rate or something on PS3 is worse but you can see dotted lines on the players mid-section area.....so.

JuanchoColombia
08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
i honestly think that there is nothing else major that madden can do...i think they are stretching "next gen" consoles as it is...and until some new mindbolowing new technology is created...the changes are going to be cosmetic...BUT...i am video game fan and a football fan so i will serve my madden master

ALL HAIL

You gotta be kidding man, this gen of consoles can go much much further.
A good start would be using an Euphoria-like engine instead predifined animations or ragdoll or whatever they use.... I mean look at thes vids and tell me if it wouldn't be a huge improvement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe51ZPL9aRE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCWbUYtitY

houtz
08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
I've been a diehard fan of Madden for years and this game will be no different then others. I've heard it's a huge improvement over last year's so I'm going to be getting it as soon as I get back from vacation. Madden consumes my life.

Predaphin
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Played the demo on my PS3 when it was released and I gotta say I am very impressed with the upgrades.

The graphics are more real (especially the grass). The gameplay is very smooth and I love the madden test! I also like the way the camera slows down when you make a spectacular interception or catch.

Overall, this years madden is looking like it will be living up to it's expectations. I was extremely dissapointed in last year's version of madden.

After playing the demo, I have now pre-ordered my Madden 09 game.

Greatness920
08-05-2008, 02:25 PM
only camera thing that bothered me was when my receiver dropped the ball it still focused on the receiver not the ball being dropped so i kept running like he caught it it was confusing lol

Predaphin
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
only camera thing that bothered me was when my receiver dropped the ball it still focused on the receiver not the ball being dropped so i kept running like he caught it it was confusing lol

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but you also gotta love the way when a pass is a close call to an incomplete, the defender will pick up the ball as if it were a fumble, hence, not giving up on a play. That was pretty cool.

Greatness920
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but you also gotta love the way when a pass is a close call to an incomplete, the defender will pick up the ball as if it were a fumble, hence, not giving up on a play. That was pretty cool.

haha i saw that too that was cool

CitizenSnips
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM

yeah they do that in NCAA too, its a good move, very authentic.

Dtronic
08-06-2008, 09:10 AM
I rent every game before I buy, saves me some money. Looking forward to trying Madden out. I use Gamefly:up:

footballer
08-06-2008, 09:46 AM
i played the demo- the demo sucked- the demo sucked-
madden 09 however, looks t be the best version of the game in years-
too bad we'll be something like a 68 overall-
but i'll still kkick major ash over the net-

Greatness920
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
is gamefly or netflix really worth the money cuz blockbuster was like 8.40 for one ps3 rental i almost had a heart attack lol im acollege student im poor thats a lot of money to me for one rental used to be like 4 5 bucks back in the day,,

SarahAnn
08-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm once again going to be one of the few gamers on these boards NOT buying Madden.

RIP 2k Series, RIP.

John Biello
08-08-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm once again going to be one of the few gamers on these boards NOT buying Madden.

RIP 2k Series, RIP.

2k5 best football game ever. alas ive long since ended my personal boycott and ill be buying madden at midnight with the rest of the sell outs

Greatness920
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
im gonna buy a used copy if that makes anyone feel better 60 psshh 55 at most for me woo!

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:36 PM
2k5 best football game ever. alas ive long since ended my personal boycott and ill be buying madden at midnight with the rest of the sell outs

Vastly over rated, but better than Madden 06-09

Greatness920
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
i always thought that dreamcast version of 2k was awesome..

CDNPHIN
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM
The Demo sucked as far as "Demo's" go.But I too belong to the church of Madden,and I will spread the good word.See ya online......

CitizenSnips
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
is gamefly or netflix really worth the money cuz blockbuster was like 8.40 for one ps3 rental i almost had a heart attack lol im acollege student im poor thats a lot of money to me for one rental used to be like 4 5 bucks back in the day,,

you really have to game your heart out for it to be worth it. I believe its $15 a month right? And therefore, in order for it to be a deal you need to play at least 3 games a month, which sounds easy at first, but when you break it down its not. I mean what if you like the game and wanna play it for a week or so? What if its an RPG and you wanna play it for 2-3 weeks? I mean in the long run you very well could end up still paying around 8 bucks on each game.

Tpaddle
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
i think i will be passing on it this yr...only ncaa '09 this year for me