PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I'm wrong...

The Borg
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
...but all this controversy over Beck.

Let's see...if I remember reading right, from the live reports from the Palm Beach beat writer....

Didn't the Dolphin WR's "DROP" 5,...yes, '5' touchdown passes in the endzone over the last three days?

I don't get the controversy here and the magnifying glass on the QB's...very important obviously to have a great QB.

But NO QB is going to succeed if a) the WR's can't catch a ball plopped into their hands; and b) a line that can't give the QB any time at all to set up and throw.

If I was the coaching staff, I'd have my foot so far up the rear ends of any receiver dropping a ball they wouldn't be able to practice the next day. Totally unacceptable in the NFL to drop passes "in your hands". You get a hand on it...you catch it. There are other guys out there that can.

Also, everytime I was a QB who got a "sack"...I'd drill one of my lineman in the back for opening swinging door for the Dline getting through. Unacceptable in the NFL to consistently let these guys through...so often. Occasionally, yes...much too often for this Dolphin team.

One of the best lines of the day came from Beck after a dropped pass in the endzone: "...and boy did Beck give him a stare". He ought to chew his head off.

The "controversy" should be over the WR's dropping the ball and the Oline for not being able to block.

IceStorm
08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Can't say any QB is wrong or better. How do you compare a rookie on the 3rd string vs the 1st string defense to a rookie with the 1st string Offense vs a mix of 2nd and 3rd strong defense?
Easy. Not one user on this website can. If they could, wouldn't they be coaching at camp right now instead of wasting time on a message forum? LOL

POint being, all we have are opinions. And none of them are wrong and none of them are right.

Lappy
08-06-2008, 04:38 PM

Let's see...if I remember reading right, from the live reports from the Palm Beach beat writer....

Didn't the Dolphin WR's "DROP" 5,...yes, '5' touchdown passes in the endzone over the last three days?

I don't get the controversy here and the magnifying glass on the QB's...very important obviously to have a great QB.

But NO QB is going to succeed if a) the WR's can't catch a ball plopped into their hands; and b) a line that can't give the QB any time at all to set up and throw.

If I was the coaching staff, I'd have my foot so far up the rear ends of any receiver dropping a ball they wouldn't be able to practice the next day. Totally unacceptable in the NFL to drop passes "in your hands". You get a hand on it...you catch it. There are other guys out there that can.

Also, everytime I was a QB who got a "sack"...I'd drill one of my lineman in the back for opening swinging door for the Dline getting through. Unacceptable in the NFL to consistently let these guys through...so often. Occasionally, yes...much too often for this Dolphin team.

One of the best lines of the day came from Beck after a dropped pass in the endzone: "...and boy did Beck give him a stare". He ought to chew his head off.

The "controversy" should be over the WR's dropping the ball and the Oline for not being able to block.

I actually agree some what with this post.

I have always said it starts at the line and I've read some positive things about it and some negatives.

Something to remember is it's early enough that the line will have sometime to jell. I like the individual components of it, I just think more reps and some solid coaching should get these guys to play together as well as individually better.

Were any of the drops weather related???
I know they move in side when the weather gets real bad but was it poor weather to begin with?

Maybe we need more information about these drops before we're all over the entire team.

phinphan11
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Yea, right... Beck "drills one of the lineman in the back for opening swinging door for the Dline getting through"... and then that lineman will promptly plant his butt in the turf...

tmny99
Sparano talked about this in his presser today, and he said he's been disappointed in the number of drops that we've been having in camp. He said he thought they caught better in the OTAs, but he chalks it up to mostly concentration issues. He did mention that the backs have been having the dropsies too, so it's not just the WRs--however, this is a problem that needs to be corrected sooner than later.

outlawd2u
I agree that the QB's should be chewing some guys out when they screw up. Marino did it all the time to where the WR's were almost afraid to drop passes because they knew if they did they were gonna get an earful from Mr. Marino. Same with OL.... he'd get on their butts too for missing a block. Some people saw him as a jerk for doing all of that but he sure did demand respect from all of his teammates and they all gave it to him.

ohall
08-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Some ppl tend to be player fans more so than team fans. It's just how things are. The newspapers know this, they know how many of Miami's fan base is from the NE of the country.

MrEd
08-06-2008, 05:28 PM

I don't get it? Why the irrational support for WhatTheBeck? Dude, don't you think that the coaches and reporters know that WRs are dropping passes and mentioning it? Of course they do. THis does not change the fact that they have also taken notice of the horrendous play by WhatTheBeck and how he continues to struggle to get the ball off and his bad throws.

WhatTheBeck is having trouble making decisions and is forcing the ball. Thus why reporters continue to scream out, WhatTheBeck! when he continues to disgust watchers.

The Borg
08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh...didn't realize you were in attendance 'watching' MrEd. You should enlighten us with your reports then as to what you are "seeing" out on the field.

I'm sure you wouldn't be influenced by what you read, and the many conflicting reports there are out there...depending on which paper you read.

Guess we shall all find out soon enough.

chillwill3000
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM

You're WRONG. recommended corrective action : STOP BEING A BECK FANBOY!

3rdandinches
08-06-2008, 07:14 PM

So does that mean if Beck misses an open WR the Oline and the WR can beat the day lights out of him!!!!

Let's get real here, drops happen and Olineman will get beat. It's not anyones fault that's why its a team game. Do you know if those passes were perfect or were they catchable, two different things. Beck needs to be a leader and tell that WR "I'm coming right back to you" not chew his head off.

That will make this a better team in the long run, playing for a QB that your willing to do anything for not get yelled at because you made a mistake.

WVDolphan
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Beck stares at a receiver after he drops a pass????? Who the **** is Beck to stare at anyone for ****ing up? He isnt Dan Marino. No one who ****s up as much as Beck should be starring at anyone when they do.

rev kev
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree that the QB's should be chewing some guys out when they screw up. Marino did it all the time to where the WR's were almost afraid to drop passes because they knew if they did they were gonna get an earful from Mr. Marino. Same with OL.... he'd get on their butts too for missing a block. Some people saw him as a jerk for doing all of that but he sure did demand respect from all of his teammates and they all gave it to him.

I don't think that came right away but he earned that right didn't he?

WVDolphan
08-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Ummmmmmmm, Marino is the best football player of all time and EASILY the greatest dolphins player ever. Beck on the other hand is the WORST QB to ever play for the phins. Good comparison :rolleyes:

When John Beck gets a career going he can start to stare at receivers and yell at linemen. Until then he needs to pipe down. Someone should bich slap Beck if he ever tries to "go Marino" and yell at or stare someone down for making a mistake. At least win a ****ing game that counts before you even try to stare at a receiver for dropping a ball.

godolphins1985
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Ummmmmmmm, Marino is the best football player of all time and EASILY the greatest dolphins player ever. Beck on the other hand is the WORST QB to ever play for the phins. Good comparison :rolleyes:

When John Beck gets a career going he can start to stare at receivers and yell at linemen. Until then he needs to pipe down. Someone should bich slap Beck if he ever tries to "go Marino" and yell at or stare someone down for making a mistake. At least win a ****ing game that counts before you even try to stare at a receiver for dropping a ball.
John has more pressing matters, like beating that pesky buzzer.:tongue:

armylax54
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Beck stares at a receiver after he drops a pass????? Who the **** is Beck to stare at anyone for ****ing up? He isnt Dan Marino. No one who ****s up as much as Beck should be starring at anyone when they do.

I really don't understand why you always bash Beck. A real fan you would support every player on the team. I really don't care who becomes the QB as long as he leads the team to some wins but I think it'd b really funny to see Beck win the job and do great just to see u look like an a** for all to comments you said about him.

ckparrothead
08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Funny thing is if Henne stared at a receiver after he dropped a pass, WV would be talking about what great leadership he's showing.

godolphins1985
08-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I really don't understand why you always bash Beck. A real fan you would support every player on the team. I really don't care who becomes the QB as long as he leads the team to some wins but I think it'd b really funny to see Beck win the job and do great just to see u look like an a** for all to comments you said about him.
Because Beck sucks thats why he bashes him.

EauGallieFish
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM

I agree 100%, great comment! I've been a dolphins fan since 1979 when i was 5 years old and I love this team and support any player they bring in and it is sad that we have fellow fans who rip and tear the players apart. Is it because they didn't make it themselves? I'm getting so tired of reading negative posts that I don't even want to log on to Finheaven anymore, that will make the negative fans happy. One less true fan!!!

WVDolphan
08-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I agree 100%, great comment! I've been a dolphins fan since 1979 when i was 5 years old and I love this team and support any player they bring in and it is sad that we have fellow fans who rip and tear the players apart. Is it because they didn't make it themselves? I'm getting so tired of reading negative posts that I don't even want to log on to Finheaven anymore, that will make the negative fans happy. One less true fan!!!

:rolleyes:

Or maybe being from provo, youre just a Beck homer and not a true phins fan yourself.

WVDolphan
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Funny thing is if Henne stared at a receiver after he dropped a pass, WV would be talking about what great leadership he's showing.

Henne is competent. He actually knows what he is doing and is a legit pro QB. In fact aside from Ricky and Pennington, Henne might already be the best player we have on offense.

WVDolphan
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM

Well. I wont hold my breath waiting for that laugh. I wouldnt hear it anyway for the fat lady singing about Becks career with the phins.

And that real fan stuff gets old. Im as real of a fan as you will ever see. I run my whole life around phins football. Ive seen every snap of every game since Sunday Ticket came out. Ive turned down better paying jobs to avoid working when there might be a potential phins game. I once went to 4....thats FOUR road games in one season. But, yea.....Im not a real fan :rolleyes:

Since when can you not bash a potential 3rd string QB/guy who probably wont even make the 53 man roster and still be a real fan?? :unsure:

EauGallieFish
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Or maybe being from provo, youre just a Beck homer and not a true phins fan yourself.

If your going to look at where I'm from why don't you look at the date i joined the site. I could be wrong but it looks like I joined this site before becks senior year at byu. Or maybe being from West Virginia your not a dolphins fan at all, your just some crazy Pittsburgh Steelers fan giving everyone on this site a hard time!