PDA

View Full Version : I have Miami Dolphin Disease...

SkapePhin
09-08-2003, 05:42 PM
I was playing Madden against my brother again today...

I was the Seattle Seahawks playing at Denver.. I dominated the first half on both sides of the ball.. Jake Plummer threw 4 INTS.. I was in control.. Score was 31-0 with 40 seconds remaining in the first half. Then my brother puts Buerlein in. First play is a 75 yard TD pass to Rod Smith..

He got the ball back in the 2nd half kickoff.. returned it for a TD... He scored 35 unanswered points on me to win the game with Buerlein in.. Final score 35-31 Denver.. :yell: :mad:

Its all about poise.. and I lost it after that long TD pass from Buerlein to Smith. I guess years of watching the Miami Dolphins play has given me this "Here we go again" mentality..

Do any of you also suffer from Miami Dolphins disease?

Kamikaze
09-08-2003, 07:44 PM
When playing Madden, I never give up the big early lead. When they're down 21 points, they go into panic "must pass on every down" mode. That's when you simply settle back into pass coverage, while keeping a blitzer or two in there. And if they actually decide to run the ball, don't sweat it too much. I'm a big fan of the Nickel and Dime blitzing and zone packages once I've got the lead, and they usually suffice on short yardage and long yardage plays.

Just keep your head in the game! :)

Prime Time
09-09-2003, 03:40 PM
It is always a shootout when I play my brother....our offenses are unstoppable. I always win thoug....maybe it is because he uses the Lions :lol:

AngryDolphins
09-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Why does he use the lions? lol

Prime Time
09-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Because they are his favorite team...duh! :lol:

iceblizzard69
09-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Because they are his favorite team...duh! :lol:

You need to convert him....now!

AngryDolphins
09-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Feel sorry for the kid already :D

Prime Time
09-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by AngryDolphins
Feel sorry for the kid already :D

:rolleyes: I don't know why...they are better than us right now.

Prime Time
09-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

You need to convert him....now!

He likes the Phins but will never give up on his Lions, he had a Scott Mitchell card when he was younger (before we even liked football) and it reminded him of my dad (who we didn't live with because he worked for the Air Force cross seas) and Lions have been his team ever since. He lkes the Phins, but cracks on them when I crack on his Lions.