PDA

View Full Version : I get it now.....

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
- John Beck sucks because he played five games, three of which were pretty awful.

- Chad Henne is the next Dan Marino because hasn't played an NFL game yet, but he looks good in training camp.

dolpns13
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Lol... Good thread, and true

67Stang
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Count down to WV posting thanks to this post has begun.

Kubix
08-07-2008, 03:58 PM
- John Beck sucks.

- Chad Henne looks good in training camp.

Yes.

67Stang
08-07-2008, 03:58 PM
- John Beck sucks because he played five games, three of which were pretty awful.

- Chad Henne is the next Dan Marino because hasn't played an NFL game yet, but he looks good in training camp.

Finally, someone who's sarcasm is as bad as mine :up: Good post man!

Mr772
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM

I wonder if he will have any new ideas??

bdmagnum
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
In 5, 4, 3, 2,...

FinsFan74
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Wasn't a thread like this started ummmm yesterday?

dolpns13
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Wasn't a thread like this started ummmm yesterday?

i dont know, i wasnt on yesterday...

Funny all the same

cougarfinfan
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Don't forget:

Chad Pennington will save us until Henne is ready because he beat us 11 out of 12 times the last 6 years!

Hello! Pennington beat you because you sucked! Not because he was great. Those 11 wins were about all he was able to muster. Speaks more about the Fins than it does about Pennington.

Most of you just sit around waiting for the next bandwagon to pass by so you can jump on. You don't even care what bandwagon it is! You just want to jump on because you can't think for yourselves. It's pathetic!

bdmagnum
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Don't forget:

Chad Pennington will save us until Henne is ready because he beat us 11 out of 12 times the last 6 years!

Hello! Pennington beat you because you sucked! Not because he was great. Those 11 wins were about all he was able to muster. Speaks more about the Fins than it does about Pennington.

Most of you just sit around waiting for the next bandwagon to pass by so you can jump on. You don't even care what bandwagon it is! You just want to jump on because you can't think for yourselves. It's pathetic!

So, why are you here?

SuperMarksBros.
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
did'nt you just make a thread about becoming a Dolphins fan because we drafted one of your favorite college players? LOL @ the irony.

Mcganiel
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Great freakn post. A lot of the people on this board just lack patience and a true understanding of how to develope players in the NFL.

Vaark
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM

This forum is a clinical petri dish (which I don't deny I contribute to:lol:)
At present I'm studying Pavlov.

Dolphins561
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I all of a sudden miss Jay Fiedler.

cougarfinfan
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
did'nt you just make a thread about becoming a Dolphins fan because we drafted one of your favorite college plays? LOL @ the irony.

I can see why you find my post ironic, and I will accept that in some respect it is. At least I have tried to stay consistent since I began cheering for this team. My reference to bandwagons has more to do with how quickly some of this fan base seem to give up on certain players, while seemingly embrasing others, with similar or worse records. Makes no sense to me!

SuperMarksBros.
08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I can see why you find my post ironic, and I will accept that in some respect it is. At least I have tried to stay consistent since I began cheering for this team. My reference to bandwagons has more to do with how quickly some of this fan base seem to give up on certain players, while seemingly embrasing others, with similar or worse records. Makes no sense to me!
Nobody's inconsistent. Most of us are emotionally vested in this franchise and become quicky frustrated hearing about poor qb play... considering we havent had decent qb play in a long long time. Its no reason to stop cheering for your team, though.

I see you joined this forum after this past season. Wait'll you see some threads during and after losses. Its enough to drive someone crazy.

67Stang
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I all of a sudden miss Jay Fiedler.

When ever I miss Jay Fiedler, I just think about that first game against Houston like 4 or 5 years ago. All of a sudden I don't miss him so much. I would kill for a 10-11 win season though!

wa7shfinfan
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

well beck looks horrible in practices too.. ive been to every single one... he even throws backwards in practice. if all the other qbs stink it up in camp and a rookie, chad henne, is tearing it up... what do u want people to think?

Canadianfishfan
08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Are you new OP? I see you've been here since 2006. If you've followed this Beck saga, you would've known many looked at Beck like the next hopeful. yes last seasons games have something to do with peoples perception of him. But more importantly are his performances here in TC.

We're all waiting for the preseason games. It's not our fault Beck is struggling. If he weasn't there would be a more optimistic view for him.

Its called life... deal with it.

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
well beck looks horrible in practices too.. ive been to every single one... he even throws backwards in practice. if all the other qbs stink it up in camp and a rookie, chad henne, is tearing it up... what do u want people to think?

That GAMES count and practices dont.

mfish41
08-07-2008, 05:23 PM

first of all, john beck sucks because he's consistently blown it for a year now if he plays anything higher than third string, he can't hold onto a football, played in a soft vanilla ice cream offense in college, is 27 years old so he doesn't have the same 3 year learning curve as typical rookie qb's because he'll be 29 by that time while a normal rookie qb will be 24, he's thrown 50,000 times this off season but how much does that matter when there's pressure coming at you? he got his chance to start against an average philly team, and two really bad afc east teams and couldn't even find the endzone through the air or handing it off. he finally found it on a wounded duck in garbage time against another bad bengals team. the dolphins sucked but so did the jets and the bills and he couldnt muster a touchdown against either. Stop making excuses for john beck it was a bad pick lets move on because chad henne can actually play against a defense that's higher than third string..... and that's why chad henne is your next dan marino:up:

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
first of all, john beck sucks because he's consistently blown it for a year now if he plays anything higher than third string, he can't hold onto a football, played in a soft vanilla ice cream offense in college, is 27 years old so he doesn't have the same 3 year learning curve as typical rookie qb's because he'll be 29 by that time while a normal rookie qb will be 24, he's thrown 50,000 times this off season but how much does that matter when there's pressure coming at you? he got his chance to start against an average philly team, and two really bad afc east teams and couldn't even find the endzone through the air or handing it off. he finally found it on a wounded duck in garbage time against another bad bengals team. the dolphins sucked but so did the jets and the bills and he couldnt muster a touchdown against either. Stop making excuses for john beck it was a bad pick lets move on because chad henne can actually play against a defense that's higher than third string..... and that's why chad henne is your next dan marino:up:

- In five games.....

- In what, three games?

- Yeah BYU Quarterbacks like Steve Young and Jim McMahon suck!

- I forgot this is Madden 09 and 29 year old QB's should retire.

- Yeah the Eagles are really a great team to start against as a rookie. Their record was average, their blitzes, and their defensive coordinator are the best there is.

- Cleo Lemon passed for a prolific 6 TD's 9 games, Beck only played five.

- Can he? I haven't seen him do so yet.

Canadianfishfan
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
- In five games.....

- In what, three games?

- Yeah BYU Quarterbacks like Steve Young and Jim McMahon suck!

- I forgot this is Madden 09 and 29 year old QB's should retire.

- Yeah the Eagles are really a great team to start against as a rookie. Their record was average, their blitzes, and their defensive coordinator are the best there is.

- Cleo Lemon passed for a prolific 6 TD's 9 games, Beck only played five.

- Can he? I haven't seen him do so yet.

You argument for Beck's perfomance and peoples reaction to him has been said the same of countless players that have walked through the turnstile which has been starting QB for the Miami Dolphins.

Is it fair.. nope.. it is what it is. The only .. and I mean the only way opinions change of Beck is performance. He's been looking better this week. But he has to make improvements in these preseason games. Now I don't think we'll cut Beck.. he's a Dolphin for awhile..

But to be our starter.. it's not to much for us to ask to see those intangibles that are worthy of a starter. Fans always overreact. Acting people to be completely rational for something as passionate as sports is well.. irrational.. :beer1:

BLITZKRIEG
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM

He may not flat out suck, but he certainly hasn't shown any signs of significant improvement this off-season. I certainly wouldn't want him starting for Miami this year that much I know. He just doesn't seem to have it....

Henne is looking good in training camp, and that's a fact, but I don't hear anyone out there claiming that he's the next Dan Marino. Not yet at least....

IN TUNA WE TRUST.....

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
You argument for Beck's perfomance and peoples reaction to him has been said the same of countless players that have walked through the turnstile which has been starting QB for the Miami Dolphins.

Is it fair.. nope.. it is what it is. The only .. and I mean the only way opinions change of Beck is performance. He's been looking better this week. But he has to make improvements in these preseason games. Now I don't think we'll cut Beck.. he's a Dolphin for awhile..

But to be our starter.. it's not to much for us to ask to see those intangibles that are worthy of a starter. Fans always overreact. Acting people to be completely rational for something as passionate as sports is well.. irrational.. :beer1:

You're not going to see any intangibles playing McCown, who has started at this level already for several seasons with several teams and shown that he is a serviceable backup at best.

Give Beck say half a season playing the way he did last year, then maybe it's time to give up on the guy. A year and a half into his career, through off-season workouts, pre-season games, practices, and experience in real NFL games and he still cant get it right fair enough. Go to Henne, who by that point should be more ready to play than he would be throwing him in week 1 against the Jets.

cougarfinfan
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
... I certainly wouldn't want him starting for Miami this year that much I know. He just doesn't seem to have it....

Quick question. Are the Phins making the playoffs this year? NO. This is still a rebuilding year. Everyone wants to win, but at what cost? Now is the perfect time to start Beck. We need to see what he can do with a little more talent around him. How can you say he doesn't have IT, based on last years starts, with last years talent? This is exactly why we need to see if Beck has IT. If he doesn't, then next year we can turn to Henne to see if he has IT. Wouldn't it be great if they both had IT? We'll never know unless we start him.

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Quick question. Are the Phins making the playoffs this year? NO. This is still a rebuilding year. Everyone wants to win, but at what cost? Now is the perfect time to start Beck. We need to see what he can do with a little more talent around him. How can you say he doesn't have IT, based on last years starts, with last years talent? This is exactly why we need to see if Beck has IT. If he doesn't, then next year we can turn to Henne to see if he has IT. Wouldn't it be great if they both had IT? We'll never know unless we start him.

Exactly,

With expectations so low you start Beck and see what he gives you. If it turns out to be nothing after a while then you start Henne and repeat the situation with Beck. A year and a half-two years of John Beck playing for the Dolphins should be ample time to see whether he's worth keeping at least.

Flip Tanneflop
08-07-2008, 06:35 PM

Close but not exactly.

Youre correct that Beck sucks.
Youre correct that Henne is going to be good(next Marino though...get real...no one is that good.)

Youre reasons why however are off.............

When the **** did anyone(or I at least) say that Beck blows just because of 5 games last year????

Here is why Beck sucks.......

He cant handle NFL pressure. He is great when in shorts or in the MWC vs. little to no pressure playing against kids 4 and 5 years younger than he is. But, put him in an NFL game vs a real defense with speed and the ability to rush the passer and his accuracy turns into nothing. He makes poor decisions, fails to make decisions at all and takes sacks, chokes and fumbles without being hit, fumbles when hit, makes bad throws, and basically kills your team.

He makes the other players look ALOT worse than they actually are by doing these things. He simply cant handle the NFL game. And if you think these are problems that are things that will be fixed with time and experience, I simply think you are wrong.

Thats the difference between guys like Beck and when you compare him to Manning as a rookie(and no I dont hold anyone to those expectations). You see Manning, although he made alot of mistakes as a rookie and it showed, also made some nice plays. You could see the ability in him. He LEAD DRIVES and scored PLENTY of points here and there. Problem is when he was a rookie, for every TD he made, he made a big mistake and turned it over and it killed his team. Thats why they sucked.

But, you could see the potential there. You could see that once Manning learned the defensive schemes better and his own offense better and adjusted to the NFL game, he would make less mistakes and the same amount if not more of scoring plays/drives. That has happened.

You can see the same thing with Henne. Henne has the poise, and the arm to make all the throws in this league. Its just a matter of him catching on to the schemes and offense as well as adjusting to the NFL speed. Wont be as difficult for him. The guy lit up UF who has NFL talent all over their D. Ask Ohio St.

Henne will make mistakes but he will also make plays. And hopefully over time he will make less mistakes and the same amount or more plays.

Becks problems however arent just a case of rookie mistakes. Beck lacks the poise of an NFL QB. He dosent make decisions quickly enough and if he makes quick ones they are usually really bad. On top of that his throws are REALLY BAD when forced to act quickly. He LEAD NO SCORING DRIVES when playing against teams in regular season games who still had something to play for. That bungles 4th qtr was more or less like a preseason game.

All you have to do is pressure Beck and he has no chance. Which allows the defense to not be threatened at all by our passing attack, which allows them to kill our run game, which makes our whole offense look worse than what it is. THATS THE KEY!!!!

They could rush Henne everytime if they wanted, but there would be times he would make them pay. He would threaten them. So yea as a rookie, pressuring Henne would still be the optimal way to go as a defense, because he will make mistakes, just like Manning did or any other rookie QB not named Marino.

But, unlike Beck, Henne and other good QBs will also beat you sometimes if you pressure them. They are capable of putting 6 on you if you **** around with them.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Thats why Beck sucks. Not based on 5 games. OK. GET IT??? Got it??? Good.

And thats why we are bringing in Pennington and dumping Beck!!!!! :woot:

Flip Tanneflop
08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
That GAMES count and practices dont.

Except for the 5 games Beck played last year. Those dont count. He was playing with the worst players in the world remember??? The Miami Dolphins suck and John Beck is a stud!!!!

Obvious sarcasm, but thats really what pisses me off so much about the whole Beck thing. How Beck ball huggers bash the entire team to defend him. Fact is we had a few good players out there last year, some of them damn good, who took a bashing because of people fondling John Beck. BS. Beck blows and his play was what made them look worse than what they are. Cleo made them look bad enough, Beck made them look pathetic. Green made them look decent, which is what Green and most of the other players are....decent. Some of them are good players. Beck is the one who blows, not the PHINS!!!!

GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!

SpaceMountain16
08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Close but not exactly.

Youre correct that Beck sucks.
Youre correct that Henne is going to be good(next Marino though...get real...no one is that good.)

Youre reasons why however are off.............

When the **** did anyone(or I at least) say that Beck blows just because of 5 games last year????

Here is why Beck sucks.......

He cant handle NFL pressure. He is great when in shorts or in the MWC vs. little to no pressure playing against kids 4 and 5 years younger than he is. But, put him in an NFL game vs a real defense with speed and the ability to rush the passer and his accuracy turns into nothing. He makes poor decisions, fails to make decisions at all and takes sacks, chokes and fumbles without being hit, fumbles when hit, makes bad throws, and basically kills your team.

He makes the other players look ALOT worse than they actually are by doing these things. He simply cant handle the NFL game. And if you think these are problems that are things that will be fixed with time and experience, I simply think you are wrong.

Thats the difference between guys like Beck and when you compare him to Manning as a rookie(and no I dont hold anyone to those expectations). You see Manning, although he made alot of mistakes as a rookie and it showed, also made some nice plays. You could see the ability in him. He LEAD DRIVES and scored PLENTY of points here and there. Problem is when he was a rookie, for every TD he made, he made a big mistake and turned it over and it killed his team. Thats why they sucked.

But, you could see the potential there. You could see that once Manning learned the defensive schemes better and his own offense better and adjusted to the NFL game, he would make less mistakes and the same amount if not more of scoring plays/drives. That has happened.

You can see the same thing with Henne. Henne has the poise, and the arm to make all the throws in this league. Its just a matter of him catching on to the schemes and offense as well as adjusting to the NFL speed. Wont be as difficult for him. The guy lit up UF who has NFL talent all over their D. Ask Ohio St.

Henne will make mistakes but he will also make plays. And hopefully over time he will make less mistakes and the same amount or more plays.

Becks problems however arent just a case of rookie mistakes. Beck lacks the poise of an NFL QB. He dosent make decisions quickly enough and if he makes quick ones they are usually really bad. On top of that his throws are REALLY BAD when forced to act quickly. He LEAD NO SCORING DRIVES when playing against teams in regular season games who still had something to play for. That bungles 4th qtr was more or less like a preseason game.

All you have to do is pressure Beck and he has no chance. Which allows the defense to not be threatened at all by our passing attack, which allows them to kill our run game, which makes our whole offense look worse than what it is. THATS THE KEY!!!!

They could rush Henne everytime if they wanted, but there would be times he would make them pay. He would threaten them. So yea as a rookie, pressuring Henne would still be the optimal way to go as a defense, because he will make mistakes, just like Manning did or any other rookie QB not named Marino.

But, unlike Beck, Henne and other good QBs will also beat you sometimes if you pressure them. They are capable of putting 6 on you if you **** around with them.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Thats why Beck sucks. Not based on 5 games. OK. GET IT??? Got it??? Good.

And thats why we are bringing in Pennington and dumping Beck!!!!! :woot:

But guess what, you are basing it on five games......Because those were the only meaningful snaps he took.

Flip Tanneflop
08-07-2008, 06:41 PM

:clap:

ChambersWI
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
you all don't have to like or agree with WV's opinion, but if you don't keep the arguments civil, no baiting.

KingNick88
08-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't forget:

?

Flip Tanneflop
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
But guess what, you are basing it on five games......Because those were the only meaningful snaps he took.

5 games, plus the fact the he spent a couple months with the new coaches ALONE and they STILL DRAFTED HENNE. That speaks volumes to me. Actions...not words.

Hey, you mustve not read my post that points out what we witnessed are things different from just rookie mistakes. 5 games is all I NEED OR WANT to see of John Beck playing QB for my team.

The guy dosent have it, face it. If he had shown some poise and lead some TD drives(OR HELL, even a FEW FG DRIVES) it would be different. Our offense went absolutely nowhere with him in there. It was Culpepper part II.

Couldnt you tell that he just dosent have it?????? And from the looks of camp reports, it seems he still cant handle pressure.

Dont you remember someone saying they were playing golf with Bill and in reference to Beck he said "We will find out if he has BALLS." Dosent seem like that was made up. Theyve rushed the hell out of him in camp to see if he has BALLS. HE DOSENT!!!! Didnt last year, and dosent now. In all likelyhood he never will have the BALLS TO PLAY QB IN THE NFL!!!!!

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
5 games, plus the fact the he spent a couple months with the new coaches ALONE and they STILL DRAFTED HENNE. That speaks volumes to me. Actions...not words.

Hey, you mustve not read my post that points out what we witnessed are things different from just rookie mistakes. 5 games is all I NEED OR WANT to see of John Beck playing QB for my team.

The guy dosent have it, face it. If he had shown some poise and lead some TD drives(OR HELL, even a FEW FG DRIVES) it would be different. Our offense went absolutely nowhere with him in there. It was Culpepper part II.

Couldnt you tell that he just dosent have it?????? And from the looks of camp reports, it seems he still cant handle pressure.

Dont you remember someone saying they were playing golf with Bill and in reference to Beck he said "We will find out if he has BALLS." Dosent seem like that was made up. Theyve rushed the hell out of him in camp to see if he has BALLS. HE DOSENT!!!! Didnt last year, and dosent now. In all likelyhood he never will have the BALLS TO PLAY QB IN THE NFL!!!!!

- Thank god your not an NFL GM, because i can think of very few good NFL QB's who were successful in their first five games. Not Favre, not Elway, not Bradshaw, not Steve Young......The list goes on.

- Nobody led this team on any scoring drives....Did you not watch the Dolphins last year?

- No, but again i guess i'm not a seasoned NFL QB scout like you are.

dolfan06
08-08-2008, 08:57 AM
we had a shot at Drew Brees but the management thought it wise to go a different route. did anybody see that guy last night? the first drive of the year and he looked like he'd been playing all summer.

Flip Tanneflop
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM

Nah....you dont get it.

Flip Tanneflop
08-11-2008, 11:19 PM

1) No. It isnt.

2) Yea, we will. Most of us already know. You should at least act like you know.

Flip Tanneflop
08-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Thank god your not an NFL GM, because i can think of very few good NFL QB's who were successful in their first five games. Not Favre, not Elway, not Bradshaw, not Steve Young......The list goes on.

Yea, and I cant think of any that completely ****ing blew as much as John Beck and still had clueless fans on his dick about "upside" or whatever stupid sounding made up word they use to replace a completely fine word that already existed ---potential. Which John Beck of course has zero.

- Nobody led this team on any scoring drives....Did you not watch the Dolphins last year?

Horse****. Green and CLEO ****ING LEMON lead the team to scoring drives. Did you watch the games??? I guess not. Again, Beck homers completely making **** up. Like all the phantom pressure he faced in the philly game.

- No, but again i guess i'm not a seasoned NFL QB scout like you are

No you arent. Youre completely ****ing clueless and you need to learn how to keep your eyes open while sucking on Becks ****.

BP happens to be a bit above a scout though. And he will be letting you know what he thinks of John Becks pathetic attempt at being an NFL QB real soon. So will about 31 other teams when he will be lucky to get a clip board holding job in this league. :lol: Him and Dumbte both with no work. I told ya Ive never seen anyone attempt to play QB and look worse doing it than Culpepper in a phins uni......then came John Beck. Two pathetic excuses for a QB.

Flip Tanneflop
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Im sure the only countdown you think about is how much longer till you get to the front of the line amoungst all the other Beck homers around here to get your lips on John Beck's ****.

Flip Tanneflop
08-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I wonder if he will have any new ideas??

Yea. Ive got an idea for you. Why dont you learn something about how the game is played and you wouldve known for months now that John Beck is a pathetic excuse for a QB. And if you and your Beck homer clan wouldnt have started personally attacking me a few months ago just for making an honest completely non bashing critique of his play, maybe I wouldnt have had to point out how bad he is all the time. The shoe is on the other foot now. When are you guys going to start bashing Parcells after he cuts Becks sorry ***??? Let me guess....when Zoltan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY5KFdFRs20&feature=related I mean CK, tells you to. :rolleyes:

You know whats sad. I made a nice post about Beck earlier today in that thread about Peter King stating the obvious that no teams would really care about Beck being available, and not a god damned one of you thanked me. That said alot to me. So I say **** all you Beck homers.

Flip Tanneflop
08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
In 5, 4, 3, 2,...

Counting down to Beck fumbling or till your turn in line?

Flip Tanneflop
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Great freakn post. A lot of the people on this board just lack patience and a true understanding of how to develope players in the NFL.

Alot of posters on here dont even watch all the games even though they are available to everyone via Sunday Ticket. Then they come on here not even realizing horrendous QB play when they see or DONT see it.

Flip Tanneflop
08-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Exactly,

With expectations so low you start Beck and see what he gives you. If it turns out to be nothing after a while then you start Henne and repeat the situation with Beck. A year and a half-two years of John Beck playing for the Dolphins should be ample time to see whether he's worth keeping at least.

That might be ample time for the truly clueless like you. What we have seen already is enough for people who know the game like BP and myself.

ArmyFin7
08-12-2008, 04:09 AM
WOW! WV, you've really gotten attacked on this one. I do have to say, I have tried to support Beck, but I have to agree with WV, I don't think Beck has "it". I've seen a million excuses from the Beck homers, none of them work for me. Henne came in and made Beck look worse than a rookie. Henne has shown poise and guts...something Beck has not. The guy just looks like he is out of his league. Henne is our best shot at the future. Im considering Beck just to be another wasted pick by our previous regime. Nothing new.

Brassmonki14120
08-12-2008, 09:05 AM
We'll never know unless we start him.

Beck has started and it's now known, he isn't a good NFL QB.

Brassmonki14120
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Counting down to Beck fumbling...

3, 2, 1...