PDA

View Full Version : Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet...

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Heres the link to the article-

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

Bumrush
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing in world would make me happier than that scenario playing out, with icing on the cake being Chad coming down to Miami and beating the Jets twice.. I think that would erase the bitter taste of 1-15

Canadianfishfan
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

Funny you should say that. A big Packer fan I work with was commenting this morning how deflated farve looked during his interview. All of them really. He doesn't look pumped. Unless of course he's stressed from all the events of the past few days. He logged some serious hours on that private jet of his.

we'll see how things go. But somehow I think the learning curve will take him awhile. Which bodes well for us in week 1.

Lappy
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I just don't think he can do that now.

He's seems to be an honerable man, he'll try and make this work.

hemidemon
It's no secret he had to be talked into playing for the Jets. That's been reported from the start. I don't think Brett will play as well for the Jets as he did for the Packers.

Sean
I'm here in Wisconsin with you too bro, Kenosha. I actually predicted that Favre would be traded and I think your idea is just like mine and my dad's. We both think he will just screw the Jets over and retire right before the season starts.

CTFinFan
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I just don't think he can do that now.

He's seems to be an honerable man, he'll try and make this work.

But you have to admit, it would be hilarious if he did that. Especially after we sign Pennington.

Lappy
08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
But you have to admit, it would be hilarious if he did that. Especially after we sign Pennington.

hey don't get me wrong.....anything bad that can happen to the jets I'm all for! :wink:

but, I just see Brett Favre as a classy kind of guy that will play there and play hard.

Farmer
08-08-2008, 12:21 PM
well who in their right mind WOULD wanna be a jet?

SuperMarksBros.
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Wow.

Although, before we blow this out of proportion... There was a ridiculous rumore floating around that Jake didn't want us to draft him. Not saying the Favre source is or isn't credible. Just saying.

FinsFan74
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM

And we get Pennington....win/win situation!

ZILLA
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing in world would make me happier than that scenario playing out, with icing on the cake being Chad coming down to Miami and beating the Jets twice.. I think that would erase the bitter taste of 1-15

:hi5:

abNORMal
08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Say whatt you want about Brett F, but you can never call him a quitter. He will stick it out with the Jests, and probably play damn good ball just to spite the Packers.

Mcganiel
08-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Who the heck wants to be JET, they are the most loosing franchise in history.

Dolphan7
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
His press conference spoke volumes to me. He really didn't give me the impression that he is where he wants to be. I really do believe he wanted to go to the Vikes. I would not be surprised if he up and retires once again.

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Dealing with an unstable flip flopper like Brett Favre, a Jets fan should be very worried. He changed his mind about coming back 4 times!

The Packers where very smart, they got a 4th round pick even if Brett never plays a down for the Jets. If they were smart they would have made a condition that read, If he retires any time during this season the Jets get their 4th round pick back.

KingNick88
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I wouldnt want to play for the Jets either.

Vaark
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
What would be even more satisfying is removed from the more forgiving gunslinger oriented WC Offense, he ends up stinking up the joint and has to be replaced by Clemens as designated starter. I don't think he'll quit unless Crotchety keeps dropping balls and the other receivers don't rise to the occasion in which instance he'll be piling up his negative career record more so than adding to his positive one.

Jay Glazer a few days ago related a Packers FO concern about Favre's lack of off-season preparation, saying that prior to the 07 season, they paid big bucks to send someone down to MS to work with him yielding obvious results, but the 2 seasons previously, there was no organized offseason regimen or plan and we know how well he did in 05 and 06. So learning and adjusting to a different offense, no offseason prep, some questionable receivers and a heart hungry for GB and The Cities could well create a suckage effect.

chillwill3000
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I kinda got that same vibe when I was watching the press conference. He stated himself that he did not want to talk to the Jest GM, and when the reporter asked him why he said something like "well I knew once I talked to him, he would convince me to play for the Jets, and I would have to make another tough decision. He even said he wanted to play for Minnesota to spite the Packers. And I think Tampa was his second choice, so he could stay in the NFC. HE DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JETS. I think the chemistry will not be there for them, and he WILL HAVE HIS WORSE SEASON AS A PRO.

JUCK THE FETS !!!

fatkirstyalley
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
hey don't get me wrong.....anything bad that can happen to the jets I'm all for! :wink:

but, I just see Brett Favre as a classy kind of guy that will play there and play hard.
Im with you Lappy, Bret is a good guy and he wont screw any team. As much as WE hate the Jets....that feeling doesnt exist for fans or players from other teams....and the Jets showed Bret they WANTED him and with what he just went through he knows the Jets dont deserve to be done like that. I would love to see it happen though. I always thought Marino should have requested a trade to the Jets and then retire just before the start of the season...."fake Spike 2"

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
What would be even more satisfying is removed from the more forgiving gunslinger oriented WC Offense, he ends up stinking up the joint and has to be replaced by Clemens as designated starter. I don't think he'll quit unless Crotchety keeps dropping balls and the other receivers don't rise to the occasion in which instance he'll be piling up his negative career record more so than adding to his positive one.

Jay Glazer a few days ago related a Packers FO concern about Favre's lack of off-season preparation, saying that prior to the 07 season, they paid big bucks to send someone down to MS to work with him yielding obvious results, but the 2 seasons previously, there was no organized offseason regimen or plan and we know how well he did in 05 and 06. So learning and adjusting to a different offense, no offseason prep, some questionable receivers and a heart hungry for GB and The Cities could well create a suckage effect.

Your completely correct. The past two offseasons (after Favre's production started to drop) the Packers hired a personal trainer to live with Favre for 3 and half months to get his *** in shape.

Since that didnt happen this offseason, yet another reason to be concerned if your a Jets fan.

He was one INT away for the SuperBowl last season. Why would you let a guy like that leave?? They know he wont be as productive as last season.

eger
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Favre is a selfish, self-centered jerk who has done nothing but distract Green Bay the past 2 years with his antics. Classy? You call classy someone who changes his mind back and forth and disrupts a football team? If he would have "changed his mind" about coming back sooner it would have made all the difference in the world. Fact of the matter is he's done the same thing 2 years in a row holding a football team hostage and distracting everyone.

I for one am sick of the Favre lovefest on TV. Espn chooses someone, or a team to sack ride every year. Normally it's a Tom Brady lovefest, or a NY Yankee lovefest on ESPN. Now I have to hear about the Jets all year. I hope he has a repeat like the 2005 season.

Akronfinfan36
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I watched some of the Browns/Jets game last night, and after the weather delay, they showed Favre on the field yukking it up with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Clemens. I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference. I too am sick of hearing about him. All you're going to hear this year is Chris Berman talking about Favre and the "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets."

Shag off Jets fans actually think Favre is going to get them deep into the playoffs. Hilarious!

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Im with you Lappy, Bret is a good guy and he wont screw any team. As much as WE hate the Jets....that feeling doesnt exist for fans or players from other teams....and the Jets showed Bret they WANTED him and with what he just went through he knows the Jets dont deserve to be done like that. I would love to see it happen though. I always thought Marino should have requested a trade to the Jets and then retire just before the start of the season...."fake Spike 2"

That would have been awesome!!!

Akronfinfan36
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
eger...that clip of Parcells is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.:up:

X-Pacolypse
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I watched some of the Browns/Jets game last night, and after the weather delay, they showed Favre on the field yukking it up with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Clemens. I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference. I too am sick of hearing about him. All you're going to hear this year is Chris Berman talking about Favre and the "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets."

Shag off Jets fans actually think Favre is going to get them deep into the playoffs. Hilarious!

Someone needs to tell Berman that the year 1993 is on line 1 and they want their gimmick back. He's become more and more unwatchable! Ugh!

phinfan_1
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Yeah I was thinking that to WISfinfan13, I bet with out a doubt deep down he already feels like he has already made a mistake and probably wishes he would of stayed retired..
But I do think he has to much pride to actually retire before he plays for the Jets....I think he'll stick it out now and slowly get into it again.

sn9ke.eyes
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought it was pretty common knowledge the Jets were not his first choice, otherwise a deal would have been done 2 weeks ago. I do think he will suck it up and play well for the Jets now, but unless the team has success, this will probably be his last year.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
The source is a pilot and he told his story to the watertown Daily Times- is that a free newspaper?:lol::lol:

FriendofBill
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I could understand his hesitation, because before this offseason Brett Favre was treated like a God by Green Bay and it's fans and it's media. He was untouchable and almost above criticism. To go from that situation to playing for a New York team and dealing with the New York media is going to be quite a shock. Wait until he throws one of those patented Brett Favre 3-4 INT clunker games in New York.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Dealing with an unstable flip flopper like Brett Favre, a Jets fan should be very worried. He changed his mind about coming back 4 times!

The Packers where very smart, they got a 4th round pick even if Brett never plays a down for the Jets. If they were smart they would have made a condition that read, If he retires any time during this season the Jets get their 4th round pick back.

I believe the jets are protected and will get picks back if he doesn't play beyond this year. they are mid to low rd picks but they are picks. I'm not sure if they get anything back if he did decide to retire now but that only happens to dolphin GMs:lol:

Not as funny as dolphin fans thinking Parcells is a great GM or that this latest coach is going to be the answer just like Saban and Cameron:lol:

t-dubya
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference.

That's because he's doped up on the pain killers:lol:

eger
08-08-2008, 02:22 PM
eger...that clip of Parcells is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.:up:

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Another good point. In Green Bay Brett Favre is a GOD! He threw an inception that cost them a trip to the superbowl. In Green Bay that was Favre trying to make plays (Or "Brett being Brett"). In New York, Brett would have had to go into protective custody.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I believe the jets are protected and will get picks back if he doesn't play beyond this year. they are mid to low rd picks but they are picks. I'm not sure if they get anything back if he did decide to retire now but that only happens to dolphin GMs:lol:

Not as funny as dolphin fans thinking Parcells is a great GM or that this latest coach is going to be the answer just like Saban and Cameron:lol:

Yeah we should have stuck with Cameron and Mueller! Parcells isn't better than them!

dolpns13
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM

i dont blame him... who would want to be a Jet.. you can tell these is disappointment in his voice in the media conferences last night

Predaphin
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM

It would surprise me if this happened. You;re absolutely right, he didn;t seem comfortable being at the Jet conference.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
It would surprise me if this happened. You;re absolutely right, he didn;t seem comfortable being at the Jet conference.

Is he EVER seem comfortable in front of a microphone? The man turned down $20-25 dollars to keep playing, he's not just in it just to cash a check like the guy in your signature.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Remember in Mr. Deeds when Adam Sandler is flying to New York and because he's a Patriots fan he makes some comment like "The Dolphins are over rated and the Jets suck" and then the pilot is like "but sir you own the Jets". This situation reminds me of that. Favre hates them but ended up tied to them anyway.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Remember in Mr. Deeds when Adam Sandler is flying to New York and because he's a Patriots fan he makes some comment like "The Dolphins are over rated and the Jets suck" and then the pilot is like "but sir you own the Jets". This situation reminds me of that. Favre hates them but ended up tied to them anyway.

Sandler is a big Jet fan, he did that as a goof. I know you guys are just looking to bash the move b/c the Jets made it but remember that he turend down $20-25 mil to come back and play.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Sandler is a big Jet fan, he did that as a goof. I know you guys are just looking to bash the move b/c the Jets made it but remember that he turend down $20-25 mil to come back and play.

I think it was a great move for the Jets, to me it doesn't seem to be a move that could HURT them, i mean getting Brett Favre even as he is now does not make them worse. Honestly i dont think they'll make the playoffs or the Super Bowl so they give up what a third rounder for him? There's nothing wrong with that.

dolpns13
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM

Or a Jets fan thinking the same thing about ManGina :lol:

At least our current coach looks like he has hair on his balls. :up:

Mogwai
08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Who would ever want to be a Jet? You have to give up all self respect and any chance of winning. Only thing the Jets are good for are blooper reels and suck suck sucking.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Who would ever want to be a Jet? You have to give up all self respect and any chance of winning. Only thing the Jets are good for are blooper reels and suck suck sucking.

The bermuda triangle of the NFL

Jets-Cincinnati-Arizona

Where a career goes to DISAPPEAR

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I think it was a great move for the Jets, to me it doesn't seem to be a move that could HURT them, i mean getting Brett Favre even as he is now does not make them worse. Honestly i dont think they'll make the playoffs or the Super Bowl so they give up what a third rounder for him? There's nothing wrong with that.

To be honest I wanted to stick w/ Chad, I thought we'd be a playoff contender w/ him. We have been an every other year team and w/ the improvements we made I thought we'd be a playoff caliber team. I still think we'll be playoff contenders as long as Brett is decent, if he plays like last year then who knows?

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Or a Jets fan thinking the same thing about ManGina :lol:

At least our current coach looks like he has hair on his balls. :up:

At least our current coach has led us to the postseason, Wannstedt was the last coach to lead you guys to the postseason:lol:

The bermuda triangle of the NFL

Jets-Cincinnati-Arizona

Where a career goes to DISAPPEAR

Yep, who would want to play in postseason 3 times since '02 when you can play in ZERO postseason games in Miami in the same span:lol:

dolpns13
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
At least our current coach has led us to the postseason, Wannstedt was the last coach to lead you guys to the postseason:lol:

I have nothing

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:03 PM

Yep, who would want to play in postseason 3 times since '02 when you can play in ZERO postseason games in Miami in the same span:lol:

Yeah and 10 post season appearances since the AFL merger....sorry try again.

Edit: Oh and apparently not Brett Favre:lol:

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Is he EVER seem comfortable in front of a microphone? The man turned down $20-25 dollars to keep playing, he's not just in it just to cash a check like the guy in your signature.

What people miss with $25 million the Packers offered Favre was that it paid him over the course of 12 years. Which means he would have made just over $2 million this season while he is gunna make $12 million from the Jets.

And plus the $25 million was basically to be the face of the Packers, which included showing up at so many games a year, doing charity events in the name of the Packers, and other public relation type things. Which to me means, that type of deal will still be waiting for Favre once he finally decides to retire.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah and 10 post season appearances since the AFL merger....sorry try again. :lol:

Come join us in the year 2008 where it has been 7 years since the dolphins last playoff appearance and the Jets have dominated the dolphins for a decade while enjoying 5 playoff appearances in that span including 2 AFC East Titles and an AFC Title Game appearance.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Come join us in the year 2008 where it has been 7 years since the dolphins last playoff appearance and the Jets have dominated the dolphins for a decade while enjoying 5 playoff appearances in that span including 2 AFC East Titles and an AFC Title Game appearance.

Ok i will join you in the year 2008 where the Jets just completed an impressive 4-12 season.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
What people miss with $25 million the Packers offered Favre was that it paid him over the course of 12 years. Which means he would have made just over $2 million this season while he is gunna make $12 million from the Jets.

And plus the $25 million was basically to be the face of the Packers, which included showing up at so many games a year, doing charity events in the name of the Packers, and other public relation type things. Which to me means, that type of deal will still be waiting for Favre once he finally decides to retire.

$25 is still more than $12, right? I'm sure he's doing ok financially and having $2 mil a year coming in for doing a couple of appearances sound slike a good way to make a living in his retirement years. Now when he quits he'll get nothing so obviously he loves playing this game and wants to continue despite what the pilot said in that HS newspaper out of Wisconsin.

Canadianfishfan
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM

Before 1998 how many playoff experiences had you had>.. hmm not since 1969.

Go ahead, kick us while we're down. Our balls are steel man. We'll rise again!

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Ok i will join you in the year 2008 where the Jets just completed an impressive 4-12 season.

We were 4-12 in 2007 but we were also 4-12 in 2005 then rebounded w/ a 10-6 season in '06 and a playoff berth. We were 6-10 in '03 but rebounded w/ a 10 win season in '04 and were a kick away from the AFC Title Game. See the difference?

Vaark
08-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Now this would be compared to Man-no-genius who on the basis of taking over a surprising overachieving team of The Preacher's was made the NY media and Soprano darling. Beyond that 1 shining undeserved "achievement", his highlights were carrying Bellicheat's clipboard and fetching his lattes. (and don't tell me he did anything other than care take on autopilot Romeo Crennell's baby.)

So far: Sparano/Man-no-genius a wash (but Sparano may not be in over his head)
Parcells > Tannenbaum
Wayne/Ross - Woody probably a wash

But I will grant you, at this point the Fins don't have much more to crow about although they probably have more going for them "upstairs" (double meaning there)

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:12 PM
We were 4-12 in 2007 but we were also 4-12 in 2005 then rebounded w/ a 10-6 season in '06 and a playoff berth. We were 6-10 in '03 but rebounded w/ a 10 win season in '04 and were a kick away from the AFC Title Game. See the difference?

Nope? Awful is awful.....the Jets have been awful for so many years that even when they have a successful year they just cant stop returning to that awfulness they've lived for so long in.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Before 1998 how many playoff experiences had you had>.. hmm not since 1969.

Go ahead, kick us while we're down. Our balls are steel man. We'll rise again!

Do you realize that 1998 was 10 years ago?

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Nope? Awful is awful.....the Jets have been awful for so many years that even when they have a successful year they just cant stop returning to that awfulness they've lived for so long in.

Watching dolphins football this decade you would know what awful looks like.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Now this would be compared to Man-no-genius who on the basis of taking over a surprising overachieving team of The Preacher's was made the NY media and Soprano darling. Beyond that 1 shining undeserved "achievement", his highlights were carrying Bellicheat's clipboard and fetching his lattes. (and don't tell me he did anything other than care take on autopilot Romeo Crennell's baby.)

So far: Sparano/Man-no-genius a wash (but Sparano may not be in over his head)
Parcells > Tannenbaum
Wayne/Ross - Woody probably a wash

But I will grant you, at this point the Fins don't have much more to crow about although they probably have more going for them "upstairs" (double meaning there)

Why was his playoff season undeserved?

Sparano and Mangini is a wash when Sparanao has never coached a game?:lol:

Parcells better than tannenbaum?:lol::lol:(you guys are in for a rude awakening w/ that one)

Huizenga has done nothing w/ the dolphins and he's better than Woody?:lol::lol::lol:

SpaceMountain16
Watching dolphins football this decade you would know what awful looks like.

Thankfully i'm more than eight years old and have seen that no matter how bad it gets we will NEVER be as awful as the New York Jets.

WISfinfan13
$25 is still more than $12, right? I'm sure he's doing ok financially and having $2 mil a year coming in for doing a couple of appearances sound slike a good way to make a living in his retirement years. Now when he quits he'll get nothing so obviously he loves playing this game and wants to continue despite what the pilot said in that HS newspaper out of Wisconsin.

The point is that money will still be on the table when Favre retires. The Packers have been talking to Favre for 3 years about a public relations contract.

Im not saying he doesnt want to play football. Im just saying if it was up to Brett he wouldnt be a Jet.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Thankfully i'm more than eight years old and have seen that no matter how bad it gets we will NEVER be as awful as the New York Jets.

Although twenty more years of this and i might have to retract that statement. :lol:

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:21 PM

I don't think you have been watching closely enough. When we were 1-15 we won at midseason, we were never close to going winless and we didn't need OT to win our only game. You guys had you HOF icon accept then give back the GM job, you were annually humiliated in the postseason when you used to make it 10 years ago, you haven't been to an AFC Title Game since '92, you haven't been close since '94, you have had 5 HCs since 2004, you hired Bill parcells NOT to coach but to run the organization. It hasn't been that awful around here since I have been following the team.

Akronfinfan36
Week 1 prediction...

MIA 23 NYJ 21

3-4 sacks of Favre..take it to the bank.:up:

nyjunc
The point is that money will still be on the table when Favre retires. The Packers have been talking to Favre for 3 years about a public relations contract.

Im not saying he doesnt want to play football. Im just saying if it was up to Brett he wouldnt be a Jet.

It was up to him, he didn't have to accept ther trade and could have retired.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think you have been watching closely enough. When we were 1-15 we won at midseason, we were never close to going winless and we didn't need OT to win our only game. You guys had you HOF icon accept then give back the GM job, you were annually humiliated in the postseason when you used to make it 10 years ago, you haven't been to an AFC Title Game since '92, you haven't been close since '94, you have had 5 HCs since 2004, you hired Bill parcells NOT to coach but to run the organization. It hasn't been that awful around here since I have been following the team.

Thank goodness your 1-15 season was better than ours :lol:

nyjunc....YOU complete me.

X-Pacolypse
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM

It doesn't matter how you got to 1-15. 1-15 is still 1-15. It's a sh*tty record any way you slice it.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Thank goodness your 1-15 season was better than ours :lol:

nyjunc....YOU complete me.

You're damn right!:lol:

WISfinfan13
08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
It was up to him, he didn't have to accept ther trade and could have retired.

He didnt not have a choice what team he wanted to play for or he would have been a Viking.

One other thing. You are making fun of the source in this article. First off this guy is a piolt for a private company (pulling in about $100,000+ per year) who has a reputation to protect in the milwaukee area, that has worked with the Favre family for the past 16 years, and was willing to give his name.

As opposed to most "inside sources" who usually are unpaid interns making nothing, a parking grague attendant, or resptionist making 10 bucks an hour.

Vaark
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM

I understand that misery loves company, but if not for Joe Namath and a less competitive time and place, there's no refuting that you'd be the NFL's version of the Chicago Cubs.

nyjunc
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I understand that misery loves company, but if not for Joe Namath there's no refuting that you'd be the Chicago Cubs.

and if not for a 2 year stretch in the 70s you'd be the Buffalo Bills.

WISfinfan13
08-09-2008, 07:21 AM
nyjunc,

He didnt not have a choice what team he wanted to play for or he would have been a Viking.

One other thing. You are making fun of the source in this article. First off this guy is a piolt for a private company (pulling in about $100,000+ per year) who has a reputation to protect in the milwaukee area, that has worked with the Favre family for the past 16 years, and was willing to give his name.

As opposed to most "inside sources" who usually are unpaid interns making nothing, a parking grague attendant, or resptionist making 10 bucks an hour.

nyjunc
08-09-2008, 09:04 AM
nyjunc,

Actually most inside sources are people who are involved in decision making roles w/ the teams. they leak out the info they want to leak out to manipulate the public.

shula_guy
08-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Honestly I had to stop reading these posts on page 2 out of pure frustration. I don't view Favre as classy at all. IMO he is an ego maniac. I brought up him re-retiring immediately after they announced him going to the jets. I have since rethought it and changed my mind. This is why he wont retire. He carries the persona of being a rough and tumble tough guy, it would not bode well with his ego to be characterized as wimping out in new york. Just my gut instinct.

I think we are all going to learn allot about Mr Favre this season. Is he really worthy of all the accolades he receives? He has a lot to show us to prove that he is. I think the Jets are really reaching by bringing him in this late and cutting their starter to accommodate it. This is a very risky maneuver and honestly it is what plagues the Jets is decisions like this one.

How quickly can Favre adapt and gel?
Can he handle not being the biggest celebrity in town?
Is he capable of the new york market media's criticism of him?
I think this might of been the single worst place they could of sent him too, but he forced it all, now let him show everyone he can handle it.

Back to the jets side of this
What is there front office thinking???????
Firstly I have been amazed that Pennington has not been replaced sooner. So many draft picks where future qb's were available that they passed on. So they got clemens now, he certainly is no guaranteed successor to chad. Chad is a good QB, but not great, but you don't cut him until you got his replacement in place. They think bringing in Favre is going to buy them enough time for that, bad call.

What exactly does bringing in favre do for them. Lets say he gels and everything like they hope. They put themselves in cap hell to do it. ( I still am waiting to hear what kinda fuzzy math they are going to come up with to not violate the salary cap, its going to be a doozy)

OK so they got favre and they improve their record but it does not guarantee they win the division. the team to beat went undefeated last regular season. I'm not saying the frigging pests will repeat that but its certainly fair to say they are no slouches and will make it tough for the jets to take first in this division.

So bringing Brett in possibly gets them into post season play as a wild card. Not that they cant win the big game on the road but it certainly is not how you want to position yourselves to do it. I respect that they are making moves to win games but I seriously question how well this particular decision was thought out.

I'll end by saying this one last thing about all of this

If Brett can do this and the jets are truly successful from this I will eat my words and pay Brett and the jets for either being lucky as heck or a smarter cookie then myself.

Finch83
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM

What a joke this post is. Dude your Jets franchise is freakin awful...just like ours.
You guys havent been important since that fluke year with Joe Namath.:sidelol: