PDA

View Full Version : I love how the tables turn.

Roger Podacter
08-08-2008, 06:41 PM
When Pennington was with us, it was Oh noodle arm, he sucks, all he does is throw the screen, guy sucks, id never have hi on my team.

NOW hes available and LETS GO LETS SIGN HIM COME ON Tuna! Talk to him, lets get him on this team!

Please.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah well, thats the way fans are. But i dont think people regard Chad Pennington as the savior of the Dolphins, or a guy who is going to come in here and fill Dan Marino's shoes. They just see him as a better option than what we currently have, and that is accurate from what we know of McCown, what we've seen of Beck and what we've yet to see from Henne.

Duriel
08-08-2008, 06:46 PM
If you enjoyed that, just wait until he signs with the Patriots.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Anyway, a lot of people bashed Pennington in bitterness, i mean he dominated us. Chad Pennington may be worth keeping on the roster just so he cant beat us head to head anymore.

mxkawi1
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
That's what happens when you have McCown, Beck, and a rookie on your roster. And you believe that your D is better, the O-line should be good(especially running the ball), and it appears all we need is a stud WR and a decent QB(who won't turn the ball over).

Roger Podacter
08-08-2008, 06:51 PM
So do you guys agree signing him would be much more of a "DESPERATE" move than us signing Favre? I dont know how upgrading the QB is desperate. I mean don't matter the QB we still sweep you.

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2008, 06:53 PM
So do you guys agree signing him would be much more of a "DESPERATE" move than us signing Favre? I dont know how upgrading the QB is desperate. I mean don't matter the QB we still sweep you.

Well that's because you are clueless.....

Upgrading the QB for the Jets isn't what i'd call "desperation" but it CERTAINLY is for the Dolphins.

209Mason
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
When Pennington was with us, it was Oh noodle arm, he sucks, all he does is throw the screen, guy sucks, id never have hi on my team.

NOW hes available and LETS GO LETS SIGN HIM COME ON Tuna! Talk to him, lets get him on this team!

Please.

I don't think he's a stellar quarterback, but he's not a horrible one. Obviously we need some consistency at the position. If he comes in and earns a spot on the roster, we'd be stupid not to get excited because that would mean he's better than our other options and therefore makes our team better.

He very well may suck... but come on... we won 1 game last year... at this point anything that's an improvement is exciting.

wockenbauss
08-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Please.

As if some Jets fans who supported Pennington through thick and thin while he was a Jet, aren't right this second posting how when the Farve trade was announced they felt this "thrill running up their legs"... ummmm... no wait... thats politics.... lol ... and typing about how thrilled they are that old 'rubberband shoulder' is long gone??? How wonderful it would be if that team down south signs this waste of air??

Hypocrisy crosses all fan bases... but at least we can agree the Patriots fan base has more than any lately I think. lol

moonman
I'd just like to go on record with the following statement:

I've never had anything against Pennington but I DO NOT WANT him on the Dolphins. So...basically the opposite of OP's statement.

Roger Podacter
Well that's because you are clueless.....

Upgrading the QB for the Jets isn't what i'd call "desperation" but it CERTAINLY is for the Dolphins.
dude look at that huge thread, a desperate move for Mangini. How the **** is it desperate? We signed on of the greatest qb's that aside look at the year he had last year. Also, the Jets are not scared of John Beck, and the might mighty Dolphins. So we are not suiting up for battle against you week one scared that we might lose.

feelthepain
08-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Please.

Obviously not everyone hated Pennington nor did everyone like him. But you go ahead and act like we all hated him as a Jet and we all love him now that he's avalible!

You think we'd rather see Pennington succeed over what we have?

Please.

This is no different then 99% of the other players that have been released since the the start of spring, we have at least one thread a week saying "Hey, so in so was released, LETS SIGN HIM"!!:rolleyes:

moonman
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
dude look at that huge thread, a desperate move for Mangini. How the **** is it desperate? We signed on of the greatest qb's that aside look at the year he had last year. Also, the Jets are not scared of John Beck, and the might mighty Dolphins. So we are not suiting up for battle against you week one scared that we might lose.

Oh I can't WAIT for Old Man Waffle to come play in his new system in the heat opening day. But it's all good. The Dolphins are the WORST TEAM EVER and don't stand a chance...right? :up:

Roger Podacter
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
As if some Jets fans who supported Pennington through thick and thin while he was a Jet, aren't right this second posting how when the Farve trade was announced they felt this "thrill running up their legs"... ummmm... no wait... thats politics.... lol ... and typing about how thrilled they are that old 'rubberband shoulder' is long gone??? How wonderful it would be if that team down south signs this waste of air??

Hypocrisy crosses all fan bases... but at least we can agree the Patriots fan base has more than any lately I think. lol
Dude im one of those fans. Up until the day he was released I wanted him to start. His arm and shoulder problems still had me more confident than Kellen. I hate to see #10 go..

mxkawi1
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, they're both desperate moves. And neither addition will get us each but maybe 2 more wins. The difference is we are in rebuilding mode and you actually think you have a chance at the SB. But, in the end we will both be watching come playoff time.

Gonzo
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Please.Another fan bashing thread. :rolleyes2: Why would any Dolphins fan say ANYTHING good about ANY jest?

PhinzN703
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM

Please.

It's the same with sports writers. If a guy has good things to say about the Phins, he rocks. If he says they suck, suddenly he's an idiot.

It's the way of the land my friend

phin2004
08-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Please.

Couldn't agree anymore

jazz
08-08-2008, 07:05 PM
it's like the jets/pats fans that i've seen on other boards calling zach thomas a "dirty player" and a p.o.s., then the minute he's released, people are salivating to get him on their roster.

that's the way most fans are. shocking, i know.

Gonzo
08-08-2008, 07:07 PM
It's the same with sports writers. If a guy has good things to say about the Phins, he rocks. If he says they suck, suddenly he's an idiot.

It's the way of the land my friendI'm guessing jests fans aren't the same way... :lol:

C Maltasanti
08-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Please.

Dont get too excited. We have a thread for just about every released player with someone saying "we need to sign this guy" no matter how much of a burn out they are. Peniston is no exception.

Predaphin
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Please.

FYI, he does have a noodle arm, he does suck and I would never like to have him on my team. Nothing has changed.

Watcha, talkin bout willis? :shakeno:

zach attach
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Mr. Protractor, it's not that Chad sucks, sucks, sucks it's the j-e-t-s as a whole that suck,suck,suck.

dreamwalker
08-08-2008, 08:08 PM
FYI, he does have a noodle arm, he does suck and I would never like to have him on my team. Nothing has changed.

Watcha, talkin bout willis? :shakeno:

you arent the only one that feels that way.

But honestly people will love him here after 4 or 5 losses we can tear him to shreds- and we all know how we love to rip qbs to shreds after the season

if we look down deep we all know how chad green-i mean daunte pennington-wait sorry i will get it-Brian chad- Dang- chad fiedler
oh the heck with it we all know how it will turn out we have lived though it before

arcane1229
08-08-2008, 08:25 PM
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Pennington.

twohype
08-08-2008, 08:26 PM

Please.

Yep - he's still got a noodle arm :hi5:

dreamwalker
08-08-2008, 08:49 PM
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Pennington.

Reality check
Be honest who has not NEVER these statements before
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Green
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Daunte
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Brian
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Gus
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Ray
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Lemon
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with fiedler

Did i miss anyone?

phin2004
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Reality check
Be honest who has not NEVER these statements before
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Green
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Daunte
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Brian
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Gus
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Ray
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with Lemon
IMO we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised with fiedler

Did i miss anyone?

Yes, Feely

dreamwalker
08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes, Feely

Why did you go and do that

and I tried so hard to forget that name :(

dreamwalker
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM
heres a riddle
When does a team get the chance to pick a good quarterback "free agemt"

they dont good quarterbacks NEVER become free agents

ZILLA
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM
jets wont make the playoffs and brett will retire

:waving:

thanks for droppin bye

http://s4.tinypic.com/3131zeo.jpg
(http://s4.tinypic.com/3131zeo.jpg)

kud
08-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Please.

U know what was also funny. I was browsing the Jets forum after the favre trade and stumbled on a thread with many posters bashing favre before it was rumored that the Jets were a possible suiter, and now he's their QB. Pot meet Kettle.

cowboy82nd
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM

Please.

I STILL think he has a noodle arm. I liked the guy comming out of college but with all his injuries, I wouldn't want him on my team.

dolfan06
08-08-2008, 11:09 PM
pennington sucks!

nyjunc
08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
If you enjoyed that, just wait until he signs with the Patriots.

I'd rather he signs w/ NE, at least when they win the SB it could soften the blow a bit b/c I'd be happy for Chad.

ArmyFin7
08-11-2008, 06:07 AM
If Pennington can teach Henne to read a defense, I'd gladly take my lumps with him this yr. It will only make our QB situation better next yr...which is a lot more than I can say for the Jets.

retired opfinistic
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
If Pennington can teach Henne to read a defense, I'd gladly take my lumps with him this yr. It will only make our QB situation better next yr...which is a lot more than I can say for the Jets.
Now be fair, Favre can teach the Jets guys how to sling an incredible interception to seal a loss in playoff game.

nyjunc
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Now be fair, Favre can teach the Jets guys how to sling an incredible interception to seal a loss in playoff game.

he learned the art of the playoff loss watching marino growing up, thankfully he leabred something though as at least he had one SB win:D Hopefully he doesn't end his career w/ a 62-7 playoff loss:lol:

retired opfinistic
08-11-2008, 03:00 PM
he learned the art of the playoff loss watching marino growing up, thankfully he leabred something though as at least he had one SB win:D Hopefully he doesn't end his career w/ a 62-7 playoff loss:lol:
Breaking News:

You're a dick! :oldman:

Seriously though, that game still frosts my nuts when I hear about it. :shakeno: