PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09 Issues

AccordOn13z
08-12-2008, 01:13 AM
You know what really grinds my gears?
1. Need to D/L the Roster out of the package
2. The stadium is STILL not right (there is only 1 HD board and the streamline board is on the upper deck AGAIN, I HATE THIS)
3. Missing Players (Bess, Foster, etc...)
4. Low Rating even w/DL'ed Roster on several players (i.e. Donald Thomas, but I'm sure this will be fixed before the season starts)
5. Pennington must be released and singed (understood because recent signing)

Any thoughts or other issues?

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2008, 02:08 AM
Why isn't Soliai on the team? He is in free agents. Stupid.

tmny99
08-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Another is that they don't have us playing the 3-4

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Another is that they don't have us playing the 3-4

That was annoying. When you move Quentin Moses to linebacker, his ratings have a freefall, as do Ninkovich's if you sign him, as I did.

Alien
08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
oh yeah... mine froze already after a training session in preseason, a solid twenty minutes of gameplay... wow... same issue as last year, glad to see EA is still on the ball with these kind of things. I have no freezing problems in any game but madden. Gameplay seems fine to me though, best i've played in years. I have to say that Henne is a beast... the arm strength is sweet. One quick gripe is the sound track which has some awesome rock tracks ( say what you want but Disturbed is my favorite band and Inside the Fire is amazing) but most of the hiphop/rap tracks are just plain annoying, like turn down the volume annoying. You can edit it, but I didn't like the first impression I got when I started and a hip hop song was going where all the said was yesssssssssss...yessssssssssss over and over.

ILfinfan85
08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
The down loads will come!! Preseason-LOL It is all about play online!!! It is easy to handle the computer,but beating on another fan from another team-That is what it is all about!!

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
This is my first next gen Madden, so I am still getting used to it. I miss the player progression that would happen a few times a season.

footballer
08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
i love it-
played for 4 hours last night-
went 4-0 inline-

with MIAMI!

tmny99
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
i love it-
played for 4 hours last night-
went 4-0 inline-

with MIAMI!

What QB are you using? I started with McCown and my first pass was a pick. I switched to Henne at halftime and I felt the offense moving better. His arm strength is ridiculous.

srdnaty
08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
there is already a roster update on live.

DcRy82
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Henne is a beast, and if you know how to use him Teddy G is a MONSTER!

Travis34
08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Do you guys feel like this game is alot harder? Mainly running. In 08, I could have like 20-25 carries for anywhere from 120-200 yards, every game. But in my first game I had like 16 carries and like 70 yards. I'm sure I'll get better once I play it more, but right now it makes me so frustrated. The same thing goes for passing, not to that extent, but still.

Also, I'm not using the My Skill thing. I started on All-Pro, but I got nowhere so I went to Pro for now, and thats what I got those pitiful stats on...

Nappy Roots
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
hell yea its harder. running used to be my strength. in my first 2 games i got probably 30 carries for 28 yards.

i played with NO and with Duece i had 10 carries for -4 yards. ****in game is horrible so far. i get ran through in the backfield before i even get a chance. and thats on ****in all pro....

>:(

Dors156
08-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I always thought it would be better if they came out with madden a little bit later than the usual release date due to the roster problems. The new update is fairly reasonable but Im just going to play ncaa football til the next update.

Nappy Roots
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
after playing more and more this game does ****ing suck. way to many negatives to even list.

CitizenSnips
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
The game went 'Gold' two months ago. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means the developers finished working on it, and havent touched it since, two months ago. Thats Why taylor was still on the team, thats why Favre wasnt in the game, and thats why Pennington was still a Jet.

As for the complaints of the stadium, thats kind of nit picking, though EA asked for with exclusivity.

Bess and Foster may not even make the team for what we know, so madden may be right.

And Donald Thomas has done absolutely nothing to deserve a higher rating. Hopefully he WILL, but going off what they had at the time, why would EA rate him any higher? And even now, why would they rate him any higher just for starting in preseason?

Travis34
08-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I was pretty surprised how decent the roster was (after the update)

but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it ****ing sucks. It'll just take some getting used to.

... alot of getting used to.

Travis34
08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Man! Running is just impossible. Passing isnt AS bad, but its no walk in the park. I'm going to illustrate in paint what seems to be happening.

First off, let's just say I NEED a fast QB, so I gave John Beck like 87 speed. And as far as Ricky Williams goes, I will always love him, so I upped his rating. 96 elusive, 90 trucking, 97 speed, 97 stiff arm. upped his spin and juke into the mid/high 90's. and other things, but his overall is now 98.

the O-Line is okay, Long and Carey are good and the rest are pretty decent.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/08/whathappens-1.png

Okay, the play is meant to go inside. But in 08, I would always bounce out and truck or juke some people to get the first, or atleast 6-7 yards.

Slide 1- What I try to do
Slide 2- It seems to work, I get past the ONE guy (if i'm lucky) but then, the other 2 guys escape from the blockers within a second.
Slide 3- Dominated, as soon as either I get the ball in my hands, or start to try to run.

Most of the time it's 3 though.

Ridiculous!

btw: I tried on All-Pro but got dominated, so everything illustrated in the play is on PRO. How pitiful is that?! I don't like the My Skill thing either

CitizenSnips
08-13-2008, 02:10 AM
after playing more and more this game does ****ing suck. way to many negatives to even list.

Honestly, to enjoy the game you have to use the sliders. I have the CPUs run defense at the pro level and everything else at the all pro level. Its the only way I could move the ball without being ridiculous.

Though Of course Im in my second season of my Franchise and I imported the draft class fro NCAA. So now I have Pat White as my QB, makes the game a lot more fun. :d-day:

SR 7
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
you guys are tripping man, u prob just dono hwo to play. its a LOT harder then the previous one but 08 was a NITE AND DAY DIFF and harder then the 07 one and 08 took me a while to get used too. u guys expect to turn it on and be good at it, thats what u dont understand, they aren't making madden for ur avg joe gammer, its such a hit and a task that its become for the serious gamer that plays online half the time if not all the time and competes with tough players so there aren't any glitches or stupid fake stuff going on. for example, in 06, i used to have moss run a fly route (S. Moss not Randy) and it was nearly impossible to guard due to his speed. they took that fake **** out and u guy sare complaining? lol play me wiht that mode and we'll see if u will be happy with the end result or not.

this game is very very good and im a serious madden gamer (ranked 329 at one point) and i can tell u this is the best one to come out although it is much harder. the only complaint i have so far is that the qbs with weak arms it shows a lot more then usual such as Romo. hes arm for the deep ball is crappy but last year wiht that THP it was as if hes THP was 95, so instead of ebing somewhere in the middle of the two they kinda made it float 30 yards on a lob. im ok wiht that cuz I am better iwth MIA online instead of Dal interestingly cuz iwht DAL in 08 i was very very very hard to beat.

Is neone getting the "game freezing" issue when u get an injured player online and it takes an injury timeout? happened twice to me.

Farmer
08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
i havent had it freeze yet.

Yea, its a LOT harder to run this year but just get used to it. its been out for less tahn 2 days chill.

my only gripe is when youre on D and things like that, it doesnt keep the name of the player up. like on KR...they kicked it off, and the jerseys were too muddy to see who i was running with cause they take the name off and put the "RT for speed" or on defense they put the "LB for finese move" thats all i got

Tetragrammaton
08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Did they take out the advanced clock? I like to play full quarters, but at half time, Chad Henne and Tom Brady both had 300 yards passing.

Thumper1016
08-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I bought this on Ps3 and it has froze on me twice already, in the middle of games. Is any one having this problem on the 360 version?

footballer
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
What QB are you using? I started with McCown and my first pass was a pick. I switched to Henne at halftime and I felt the offense moving better. His arm strength is ridiculous.

actually, used Beck-

just went bang bang bang with ricky and ronnie all night-

oh btw,
ginns fast as hail-

but omg does he need to do some pass catching drills---

iu love our new line-
ball
control
baby!

AccordOn13z
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Pennington is at QB for me but I dont understand how to switch us back to 3-4... The running game is def. harder but its more realistic. because ronnie doesnt take it for 6 every time he touches it.

Travis34
08-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I bought this on Ps3 and it has froze on me twice already, in the middle of games. Is any one having this problem on the 360 version?

Yes actually alot of people have been having that. On PS3.

PhinsPhan
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Last year was the first year I didn't buy Madden since 1997. I own 2007, which my fiancee lovingly bought for me alone with my xbox. After playing it for a few days I just couldn't take it. 07 on last gen was great and it seemed like the game regressed.

So jump ahead to 08. I tryout the demo and I wind up choosing APF. If APF was still available this year I would probably go with it.

I will probably try the demo but can someone help me with the following questions.
1) Is progression realistic for players throughout franchise mode?

2) Is the stadium editor back yet, or is that just for created teams?

3) Is DB AI still going to make me pull my hair out when I play Quarters knowing the guy is just going to try bombs to one receiver, and consistently gets catches against 2-3 man coverage.

4) I heard LBs are finally without the 50" verticals. But I also heard that passing over the middle is way too easy now. What are your thoughts on passing over the middle?

5) How bad is catchup mode? Does catchup mode also show up in online play?

6) Is online laggy? (Xbox live)

7) Do deep passes require more skill than lining up a 96+ speed guy against a cornerback with less speed? If so are deep bombs still completable?

8) How much time are you given in the pocket?

9) Can QBs still throw perfectly accurate passes while on the move?

10) General question on what you think will be the main issues in this years online play.

Unfortunately demos cannot always provide answers to long term playing questions. Is Madden worthwhile or should I stick with APF for another year?

Travis34
08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
I'll try to help with what I can.

1) Is progression realistic for players throughout franchise mode?
It's supposed to be fixed somewhat, mostly for rookies and new rookies you draft though. I think

2) Is the stadium editor back yet, or is that just for created teams?
I don't think so

3) Is DB AI still going to make me pull my hair out when I play Quarters knowing the guy is just going to try bombs to one receiver, and consistently gets catches against 2-3 man coverage.
I think the DB's are just ridiculous still. They compete for the ball alot more than the WR's

4) I heard LBs are finally without the 50" verticals. But I also heard that passing over the middle is way too easy now. What are your thoughts on passing over the middle?
I still see linebackers jump like so. Not as much, but sometimes. But I wouldn't say over the middle is EASY now

5) How bad is catchup mode? Does catchup mode also show up in online play?
I don't even know what that is

6) Is online laggy? (Xbox live)
I have a PS3, sorry

7) Do deep passes require more skill than lining up a 96+ speed guy against a cornerback with less speed? If so are deep bombs still completable?
Definatly. I've had one or two bombs to Ginn, they rest all get swatted down... by those pesky super talented DB's. But seriously how is it fair that a CB with like 93 speed can stay EXACTLY with Ginn who I have at 99 speed. That's BS.

8) How much time are you given in the pocket?
About the same always

9) Can QBs still throw perfectly accurate passes while on the move?
I'm unsure on that

10) General question on what you think will be the main issues in this years online play.

Unfortunately demos cannot always provide answers to long term playing questions. Is Madden worthwhile or should I stick with APF for another year?
I'd get Madden

manBird
08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
On running try not to press the sprint button before your blocks develoup, especially on toss plays.

SiNaMoN
08-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Check out Terry Glenns stats....104 yards per catch.

Tetragrammaton
08-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Pennington is at QB for me but I dont understand how to switch us back to 3-4... The running game is def. harder but its more realistic. because ronnie doesnt take it for 6 every time he touches it.

You can, but it won't be good. Quentin Moses and Rob Ninkovich have terrible linebacker ratings.

Nappy Roots
08-15-2008, 11:43 AM
i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game. and though the last 2 games ive done better, pass defense still is tough. the dark circle where the ball is going is tough to see, and the camera angle is tough to tell the flight of the ball.

also, why is it EA makes NCAA that much better in gameplay. screen passes are always good in NCAA but ****in blow in Madden. the RB catches it goes 5 yards backwards and gets tackled.

manBird
08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game. and though the last 2 games ive done better, pass defense still is tough. the dark circle where the ball is going is tough to see, and the camera angle is tough to tell the flight of the ball.

also, why is it EA makes NCAA that much better in gameplay. screen passes are always good in NCAA but ****in blow in Madden. the RB catches it goes 5 yards backwards and gets tackled.
yea the screen only works for me if the LB on that side im screening too is blitzing otherwize he gets right through and gets me once i pass in the backfield.

COMEBACKRICKY
08-15-2008, 06:18 PM
can you turn off the my skills thing? from what I understand it will make the two players about equal to each other. Thats BS if im better than my roommate, i want to pummel him. I dont want the computer helping him out. And is the my skills thing disabled during online play?

CitizenSnips
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
can you turn off the my skills thing? from what I understand it will make the two players about equal to each other. Thats BS if im better than my roommate, i want to pummel him. I dont want the computer helping him out. And is the my skills thing disabled during online play?

yes and yes.

When you got to play the game, a menu of sliders shows up. You can choose preset sliders (rookie, pro, all pro, all madden) or you can customize your own sliders (which means you can actually make the game even easier than rookie).

Obviously you and your roomate would just play on the same difficulty.

John Biello
08-17-2008, 10:00 AM

i agree the screen is ****ing terrible, always get sucked into that animation drawn into a defender and dropped for a 5 yard loss. wasnt as bad last year if i recall, nice tool to use to make people pay for constant blitzting. oh well. another thing that annoys me is players disappearing into the walls and what not after touchdowns. how could they leave that in the game

Lukin
08-20-2008, 11:33 AM
i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game.

Really? What did you do that helped you out? I'm having a freaking hard time running the ball as well. I'm halfway through a season and Brown has a 3.1 rushing avg. Its annoying.

Nappy Roots
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Really? What did you do that helped you out? I'm having a freaking hard time running the ball as well. I'm halfway through a season and Brown has a 3.1 rushing avg. Its annoying.

when you get hit, keep hitting the buttons like stiff arm, spin, highlight stick, etc. you will break tackles and atleast go foward somewhat.

BobDole
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
froze on me 3 times already. and at the very end of the game. it is much better than last year's version (i have ps3) but i still can't believe the clock doesn't stop when you run out of bounds.

you don't drop picks anymore. i am most thankful for that. dropping 4 picks a game and catching only 1 got old fast.

Nappy Roots
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
the running in this game makes it not fun anymore, madden dropped the ball on this peice of **** game, first madden i havent liked

Birdman
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
You have to run to the inside more often, and to do a sweep make sure you have it as an audiable in your plays. Then when you choose and inside running play for that same formation and you see the LB's move over to one side and leave a side over, audiable over to the sweep and change the direction of the run if you have to so you go the the side the LB's are not moved over to if you catch my drift.

I also like to have an audiable for the HB screen if I know the team is blitzing by moving some players around on the line and reading their coverage.

dolfanattic5
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
tom bradys throwing power is 99 thats the thing that pisses me off the most it should be like 94-95