PDA

View Full Version : Beck now, Ginn next

phinfreak
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Beck was a BUST day one. Many fans fell in love with the idea of Beck because they drank the Cam coolaid. They were blind to the incompetence of that regime, and a lame duck for a QB as the second pick.

The brilliant Cam and Mueller pick Ginn, who is the next BUST as their first pick at #9 bypassing what should have been the QB selection.

Beck and his agent should have smelled danger when Tuna picked Henne in the 2nd round.

And Ginn and his entourage should be putting feelers out now...given what Sparano is saying about Wilford. Ginn has done nothing, nada, aside from one or two decent kick returns. At the #9 overall, he should have shown much more from day one. But nooooo, Cam/Mueller genious's pick a part time special teams role player, who is mediocre at that. Why isnt he retuning punts and kickoffs now hmmmm??

Cam and Mueller should refund the fins their entire years salary for the job they did.

finman38
08-14-2008, 02:20 PM
beck being cut was just a rumor listen to tonys press and you can see for yourselfs

ColonelJ
08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I say Ronnie next. (but not quite yet.)

Rdskn4lyf21
08-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Cam was the worst thing that could've happened to your franchise, but Ginn cannot be labeled a "bust" quite yet. Give him this year and into next before you throw that label on him.

FinaticalOne
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Beck was a BUST day one. Many fans fell in love with the idea of Beck because they drank the Cam coolaid. They were blind to the incompetence of that regime, and a lame duck for a QB as the second pick.

The brilliant Cam and Mueller pick Ginn, who is the next BUST as their first pick at #9 bypassing what should have been the QB selection.

Beck and his agent should have smelled danger when Tuna picked Henne in the 2nd round.

And Ginn and his entourage should be putting feelers out now...given what Sparano is saying about Wilford. Ginn has done nothing, nada, aside from one or two decent kick returns. At the #9 overall, he should have shown much more from day one. But nooooo, Cam/Mueller genious's pick a part time special teams role player, who is mediocre at that. Why isnt he retuning punts and kickoffs now hmmmm??

Cam and Mueller should refund the fins their entire years salary for the job they did.

ginn and his entourage????? Care to elaborate.

AcidBath
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
i still cant believe this, everyone says it would be better have mccown, i just dont see it but then again you have to trust in the coaching staff and this one seems to know whats its doing so i will go with it

Good thing i never purchased a beck jersey though i would be irrate lol

fatkirstyalley
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM

Get off Ginn, he only broke the combined yardgae record for a rookie. Its real cliche to come out and rip all of CamRam's picks. Ginn will be a real nice player...you want evidence...if hes released watch how fast other teams scramble to pick him up. Was he worthy of a top ten pick...the jury is still out. You have to blame some of his performance issues on the coaching and not scheming to get him the ball. He is not going anywhere, as much as it pisses other dolphin fans off.

Bumrush
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
What you are forgetting is that Ginn wasn't just drafted for his skill, but because his family is very nice. Just like Beck, who was drafted because of his maturity while going on missionary missions.

Lets wait until Ginn's mom and dad make some good plays on the field before we pass judgement.

JCfinfan
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Ginn is not getting cut, that is just foolish to even think that.

Dolphreak
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Had they used #9 pick for a QB, it would have been Quinn, and I'm not sure Quinn's much better... But I guess if everything else played out the way it has, Quinn is a better #3 QB than McNown or Beck. But who the heck wants to have a 1st round #3 QB?

I still think Ginn will have some big plays, and with his small size and lightning speed he could play the Welker role if he can take a hit like Welker.

SpaceMountain16
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Ginn is not getting cut, that is just foolish to even think that.

After this coming season, i wouldn't be surprised.

209Mason
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Beck is not cut yet either... that's what happens when people trust untrustworthy soruces.

JCfinfan
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
After this coming season, i wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, but looking at all the factors that come into play, it will not happen.

-9 mil in guaranteed $
-cap hit
-lack of recievers
-and I think the guy is going to come into his own this year as a receiver

He will be a Fin!

PENNDOLPHAN
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
stupid thread

ZachThomas76
08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I wasnt a fan of Ginn at 9, but I would let him develop this year and see where he stands. We cant cut everyone who wasnt with Parcells, at least not this year. lol.

BillsFanInPeace
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
ginn and his entourage????? Care to elaborate.

I bet he is trying to make a clever little joke about the good family comment from Cam

SpurzN703
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM

No.

Next please

FinaticalOne
08-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I bet he is trying to make a clever little joke about the good family comment from Cam

Yeah, I started thinking that was the case after I clicked on "submit reply". :lol:

ColonelJ
08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
"You lose with unrealized potential" Lao Tze

Phinsfan210
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Dumbest thread of the day so far. Ginn is going to be awesome, you just watch. Yeah hes a real bust, how about the fact he was playing for a broken offense last year and he still broke the overall yardage record for a rookie. And it just shows your stupidity when you say things like, "hes not even returning kicks and punts now", yea maybe because its pre-season and there trying new players out. They already know Ginn is an awesome returner, they dont need to be re-assured of that.

CitizenSnips
08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
pointless thread.

Vaark
08-14-2008, 02:48 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/2rf7g2u-1.jpg

Phinsfan210
08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/2rf7g2u-1.jpg

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

sharp
08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Just because cameron and mueller were not good coaches/gm's does not mean they cannot scout talent.. infact mueller has the rep of picking up pretty good players throughout many of his drafts... not saying the kelvin smith is the next ray lewis, but give beck another year, ginn will be fine, lo book will breakout into a decent player in philly, and look at satele.

Atila
08-14-2008, 02:54 PM
stop bumping this thread guys - we already know it sucks!! :)

Phinsfan210
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Just because cameron and mueller were not good coaches/gm's does not mean they cannot scout talent.. infact mueller has the rep of picking up pretty good players throughout many of his drafts... not saying the kelvin smith is the next ray lewis, but give beck another year, ginn will be fine, lo book will breakout into a decent player in philly, and look at satele.

Very good point. My belief is that good players came out of that draft, just not Parcells-type players and thats why everyone seems like a bust.

67Stang
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM

:lol: OMG, just wow:lol:

dolphinsneu
08-14-2008, 02:56 PM
How on Earth can you label Ginn a bust at this point?

next-year
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
dumbb.

Do you know how many teams would love to have a player a versitile as ginn. sporano is probably having wet dreams thinking about elaborate trick plays with him.

and your theory that you made about why ginn is not returning kicks???
it completly contridicts what your trying to argue, hes not returning becasue 1. they know he can very well. 2. they see potential in him as our #1 reciver. 3. hes a WR!!!

way to go being wrong about everything though.. when your argument is based off a rumor most the time its going to sounds pretty ridiculous.

Phinsfan210
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM

You cant and thats why this thread is a bust

#1dolphinsfan
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
I say Ronnie next. (but not quite yet.)

are you kidding if we get rid of ronnie that would be stupid he is our Best offensive player when 100% he wont be cut the only way i see him getting out of miami is if he become a FA

t-dubya
08-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Satele is gonna be such a bust, I mean he was drafted by the antichrist so naturally that means bust, right? I can't believe they wasted the 60th pick in the draft on a starting center for the next 10 years (hopefully) what a horrible choice.

CitizenSnips
08-14-2008, 03:06 PM
are you kidding if we get rid of ronnie that would be stupid he is our Best offensive player when 100% he wont be cut the only way i see him getting out of miami is if he become a FA

If we were to cut ronnie, i'd consider rooting for wherever he goes. I really would.

Mcganiel
08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Beck is still on the team. So I hope Ginn stays too even though he runs routes like Helen Keller jogging through a cemetery.

tmny99
08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Cam was the worst thing that could've happened to your franchise, but Ginn cannot be labeled a "bust" quite yet. Give him this year and into next before you throw that label on him.

Exactly, I think it's ridiculous to start labeling a guy so soon especially when he plays one of the hardest positions to transition into at the next level. If it wasn't for lack of discipline by our special teams, the guy would have had at least FOUR return TDs. I wonder if Cleveland fans were calling Braylon Edwards a bust after his first season??

chucknduckking
08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Next season should be the tell all for Ginn. Doesn't it usually take about 3 years for a player to start to make his mark.

Dtronic
08-14-2008, 03:11 PM

There's 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back for reading this post.

CitizenSnips
08-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Next season should be the tell all for Ginn. Doesn't it usually take about 3 years for a player to start to make his mark.

thats nonsense. If you dont make your mark by week 8 of your rookie year, you're worthless.

NewPhinPhan
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
What you are forgetting is that Ginn wasn't just drafted for his skill, but because his family is very nice. Just like Beck, who was drafted because of his maturity while going on missionary missions.

Lets wait until Ginn's mom and dad make some good plays on the field before we pass judgement.

Ridiculous comment. It couldn't have possibly had something to do with what he did in college. Otherwise, you'd have Missionarys QB'ing every team, regardless of whether they played football or not.

Rdskn4lyf21
08-14-2008, 03:14 PM
thats nonsense. If you dont make your mark by week 8 of your rookie year, you're worthless.

That includes preseason ;)

Bumrush
08-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Ridiculous comment. It couldn't have possibly had something to do with what he did in college. Otherwise, you'd have Missionarys QB'ing every team, regardless of whether they played football or not.

I'm kidding.. I like Ginn I think he will do great.. I was really poking fun at Cameron.. Who I'm starting to HATE :madness:

Valandui
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Say what you want, Ginn was considered a legit 1st round pick and was only projected to go about 5 picks later. Quinn would have sucked it up behind our o-line as well.

SpurzN703
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM

It's Finheaven, everyone's a bust after one year.

NewPhinPhan
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm kidding.. I like Ginn I think he will do great.. I was really poking fun at Cameron.. Who I'm starting to HATE :madness:

Gotcha. Yes. Cam showed himself to be an awful coach. He may be able to evaluate talent (can be debated), but his coaching choices were horrendous.

blackthought
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM

LMAO:sidelol:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, best ever post. Yo please, please tell these Gin and Beck fans again, THAT THEY WERE JUST HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE PICKS. People just need to admit it. Its like most of the Dolphin nation is in denial, hey guys we got screwed. And it all begins with Wayne. He has no clue what he's doing, Shula to me becomes even more legendary because of Wayne and his inability to judge the people that run his team. Shula must have been the Coach, Owner and GM all rolled into one.

btk1
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM

And Ginn and his entourage should be putting feelers out now...given what Sparano is saying about Wilford. Ginn has done nothing, nada, aside from one or two decent kick returns.

Yet another uneducated post. First of all I am going to assume you are refering to the fact you think they should have taken Brady Quinn instead of Ginn. No problem a lot of people think that but what makes you so sure? Tell me one accomplishment Quinn has done so far in his NFL career. If you want to be honest John Beck's NFL career has been more successful than Bady Quinn's career at least he has had as start or two.

As far as Ginn goes. He wasnt even brought into the fold until after Chirs Chambers was traded last year. He was used sparingly after than do you think that might have something to do with poor play at the QB decision? Do you think Ginn might possible be a bit better this year with some structure at QB? I think so.

I love it how some people think that a guys has to tear it up from day one in the league or that player is a bust.

What a joke. If that were the case Peyton Manning would have been released or traded after his first year. Not every player is going to mature and mesh after a few games. Ginn will be fine he has natural talent you cant teach. His speed alone makes him a threat anytime he lines up. As far as the 9th pick last year lets just wait and see if Quinn ever does anything in his career before we get all caught up in kissing his butt. Like I said Beck as of right now has had a more successful NFL career than Brady Quinn.

Peace love and the Miami Manatees.

:sidelol:

dolpns13
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Sounds like someone needs a tissue.

Ginn will be a star!

utahphinsfan
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
After Ginn, is Jason Allen Next? ROFL?

Where are those who thought the Phins should taken Cadillac not Ronnie?

How many Beck haters were/are Drama-Quinn lovers?

Geforce
08-14-2008, 03:52 PM
It's Finheaven, everyone's a bust after one year.
If there wasn't some truth in what you said...it would be funny.

On second thought...it was funny. :lol:

Geforce
08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Beck was a bust from day one?? I don't remember anyone saying that, maybe I just ignored those that did, when he threw that "thread the needle" touchdown pass to PK Sams against Tampa Bay in last year's preseason game or won the KC game by diving head first into the end zone for the go ahead touchdown.

Maybe he became a "bust" later on but he sure was not one from day one.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Beck was a BUST day one.

I'll just let the stupidity of that statement speak for itself.....

Jal
08-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Beck was a BUST day one.

Wow, the NFL is getting tougher - I thought a player was usually considered a bust AFTER they actually had some playing time. I guess now the bust label is coming out on the first day. :rolleyes:

ih8brady
08-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Ginn showed great talent as a returner, he'll need more support from his fellow WR players and stability at QB before we can determine if he is a bust as a religion.

shastz
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Had they used #9 pick for a QB, it would have been Quinn, and I'm not sure Quinn's much better... But I guess if everything else played out the way it has, Quinn is a better #3 QB than McNown or Beck. But who the heck wants to have a 1st round #3 QB?

I still think Ginn will have some big plays, and with his small size and lightning speed he could play the Welker role if he can take a hit like Welker.

Not for nothing, but Quinn is 10 times the QB and would have been starting for the Phins from day one. The Phins could have drafted better by throwing darts at names on the wall.

Geforce
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Not for nothing, but Quinn is 10 times the QB and would have been starting for the Phins from day one. The Phins could have drafted better by throwing darts at names on the wall.
Some of the statements posters make around here can get ridiculous sometimes. This is one of them, especially when you consider Quinn holding out and the wounded ducks he was reportedly throwing in training camp last year.

dolpns13
08-14-2008, 04:43 PM

This doesn't mean he'd be good, or we'd be winning. Although if he played as good as how stupid he looks in his commercials, the Browns would be in the superbowl every year.

"Thats how its done at Notre Dame".. haha Gimme a freakin break

SnakeoilSeller
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM

That's just insane. Everyone says it takes 3 years for receivers to adjust to the NFL.Calvin Johnson had 2 more receiving TD's than Ginn and only 1 total. There average yards per catch was 15.8 yrds (Johnson) vs. 12.4yrds (Ginn) Do you think people in Detroit are labeling Johnson a bust?
Ginn has talent, and while most fins fans want to jump all over Ginn because they wanted (expected) Quinn to be the pick, have faith, Ginn will be more productive this year.

phinphever
08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
The problem with labeling a player a bust or not is tricky bussiness. Now we can all name players that blew it because of conduct or injuries. Then you have obvious Busts because of a total ineffectivness on the football field. Beck or Ginn can't be decribed with with of those labels. So much goes into feilding a NFL team. Some include:
1. System played in college and the ease of it's skill set translating to the pros.
2. Talent
3. Coaching and Development
4. Desire
5. Talent around player
6. Oportunity

If this was shuch a slam dunk. Why do teams constantly pick players who end up being busts. Maybe this stuff isn't so easy. Many man hours are spent by NFL teams looking at tape, inteviews, workouts, ect and still teams blow it and make mistakes on draft day. Any fan who makes a prediction about a player really has to go on such a incomplete set of information that it's little more than an educated guess. Any attempt to spin it otherwise is just foolish. If people who make it their jobs and are hired and spend their entire lives working with and building teams can't get it right all the time how can even the most rabid fan honestly think they really have a lock on Beck or Ginn? It has been 8-9 months sence BP was hired and still only now do they maybe have some idea about some of these players. Not so easy is it? So my suggestion is everyone chill and realize what a crap shoot it really is.

TurkishFin99
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Ginn is a complete bust???? Did you forget the fact that we had CLEO LEMON throwing him the ball for the majority of the year? Did you forget the fact that MARTY BOOKER was our #1 receiver after the CamRam traded Chambers away? We had nothing last year other than Ronnie's good run until week 7 and Ginn breaking the all-purpose yardage record for a rookie.

As for Beck, I'm a firm believer that his entrance into the league was horribly mishandled by Cam. Beck was told that he wouldn't see the field last year. Then Cam threw him in against two of the better defenses in the league in Philly and then in Pittsburgh. I just think his confidence was shattered after the beating he took against Buffalo.

SnakeoilSeller
08-14-2008, 05:08 PM

If Quinn is soooooo incredible why can't he beat out a QB that was drafted by the Ravens in the 6th round and CUT, then picked up by the Browns. He was 3rd on depth chart at the end of preseason last year. I know he held out, and didn't play much in the preseason, but he was still third.

jlfin
08-14-2008, 05:09 PM

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

AShotInTheArm
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
It seems some Fin fans are hoping Beck/Ginn fail.

I find this a bit discouraging.

emocomputerjock
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/08/picardfacepalmsm3-1.jpg

ticophin
08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Wanna get rid of Ginn? How long has it been since weve had anything even remotely close to this excitement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpBxK...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpBxKP5uHaI&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BJcc...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BJcc1yrrtc&feature=related)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7gOtrFr2Uw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ-4B...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ-4BpIgnEY&feature=related)

Canadianfishfan
08-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Surely Ginn has been a bit of a disappointment, but it has only been one season. Like we've been carrying Hagan for the past 3 seasons I'm willing to do so for Ginn.

Comparing Beck and Ginn circumstances hardly seem relevent only that they were both drafted last year. Beck has shown nothing what so ever, Ginn.. well he's had his moments.

I think Armstrong, Bess or Foster may be better return men. Let Ginn focus on being a receiver. We'll know by the end of next season whether the 'light has turned on' for Ginn or not.

phinfreak
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
...and another 30 seconds for writing you intelligent response!

Lorenzo Rules
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
It seems some Fin fans are hoping Beck/Ginn fail.

I find this a bit discouraging.

oh I dont think you should be discuraged Ashotinthearm, remember we just had the worst season in dolphin history and ginn really hasnt done anything to warrent 1st round money yet, I am not wanting him to fail nor do i want to see beck fail .

let me put my side out on the table, I think the dolphins have really made some dumb moves in f/a and in the draft. I know our defense should be better but i am not seeing much at the wr spot . If anything i think we will be worse on offense but then again i dont want to experience another 1-15 season.
we could have had Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis , three different cb's 5 qbs , and numerous other players.

I didnt like the welker move at all but i did like the chambers move . Marty booker was good when he was in chicago but when we got him he was almost done. and this was the case with most of the vets that miami has brought in.

the oline is something a team should not spend the first rd pick on but we really needed a left tackle so i dont object but our wrs really are bad and ithink we will be lucky to win 5 games if they dont step it up from last year.
In terms of success i think year two for a wr is acceptable but a qb should get 3 years but the nfl is changing so time is a luxery that the dolphins dont have.

ginn is fast but fast doesnt guarantee victories or success.
we should neverhavew let the pats grab all those wrs and that is why they are on top and we are in the pit of hell in the afc east .

Kansas Fin Fan
08-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Does any one on here know who is the starting QB for the browns? Its not Quinn i cant figure out if he is so great how is a 7th round QB starting ahead of him. And If Quinn was so great how can he slip so far down in the draft. I bet u money if we did not take ginn he would not of slipped that far. We have our QB so stop whinning about last year. Henne will B a better pro QB than Quinn. And Teddy is going 2 B a pro bowl WR.

phinfreak
08-14-2008, 05:38 PM
What a bunch of cry babies...to point to one play during preseason last year...what a deperate search for any rationale that this kid was worth #9 pick. To compare his average yards per catch against anyone else is also ridiculous...he didnt play until later in the season, comparing that to a wr that played the entire season just proves the level of intellect we are dealing with on many of these objection posts.

Facts are what they are, regardless of what your emotional tirades are.

Ginn has done nothing to merit his pay rate. A part time wr and mediocre special teams player at #9 was just dumb dumb dumb.

This kid needs all the work he can get...they aint using him at punt return, nor kick off return. Devin Hester on the other hand, returned punts for the Bears first preseason game and is returning punts for all the preseason games.

Now, anyone want to align Ginn with Devin Hester? Puleeez.

Ginn is a BUST based on the facts of productivity, period.

Many of the same babies crying here that Ginn is a future HOF where drinking Cam coolaid over Beck...now rumors fly about him not being traded, but outright CUT!

Ginn may not be cut this season, but for a #9 in 1st round investment, he is a BUST!

Deal with it.

tcdrover
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
There is absolutely no way that Ginn will get dropped.

It is still just his 2nd year. With Pennington throwing to him his numbers should go up pretty quickly.

I can't wait to see him returning some kicks this year. Our special teams should be much improved this year...

emocomputerjock
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
What a bunch of cry babies...to point to one play during preseason last year...what a deperate search for any rationale that this kid was worth #9 pick. To compare his average yards per catch against anyone else is also ridiculous...he didnt play until later in the season, comparing that to a wr that played the entire season just proves the level of intellect we are dealing with on many of these objection posts.

Ginn has done nothing to merit his pay rate. A part time wr and mediocre special teams player at #9 was just dumb dumb dumb.

This kid needs all the work he can get...they aint using him at punt return, nor kick off return. Devin Hester on the other hand, returned punts for the Bears first preseason game and is returning punts for all the preseason games.

Many of the same babies crying here that Ginn is a future HOF where drinking Cam coolaid over Beck...now rumors fly about him not being traded, but outright CUT!

Ginn may not be cut this season, but for a #9 in 1st round investment, he is a BUST!

Deal with it.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

kingjust30
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I Will Step Up And Say It As A Fins Fan That I Loved The Teddy Ginn Pick And I Am Still Happy About It.this Guy Ginn Is 1 Of My Favorite Players. I Absoulty Love Speed In A Player And He Has It. Lets Just All Shut The Fu*k Up About Ginn And Let Him Play. The 1 Player We Should Have Even Considered Getting Over Ginn Was Patrick Willis But Im Still Happy 2 Have Ginn, Dont Forget This Kid Ginn Came Up As A Corner Back And Just Recently Made The Switch 2 Wr So Let The Kid Learn And Get Off His Nu*s

Bumrush
08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I Will Step Up And Say It As A Fins Fan That I Loved The Teddy Ginn Pick And I Am Still Happy About It.this Guy Ginn Is 1 Of My Favorite Players. I Absoulty Love Speed In A Player And He Has It. Lets Just All Shut The Fu*k Up About Ginn And Let Him Play. The 1 Player We Should Have Even Considered Getting Over Ginn Was Patrick Willis But Im Still Happy 2 Have Ginn, Dont Forget This Kid Ginn Came Up As A Corner Back And Just Recently Made The Switch 2 Wr So Let The Kid Learn And Get Off His Nu*s

Teddy??? Is that you????

U-M_all_day
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
should be supporting any fins player....

finjim
08-14-2008, 06:48 PM
can we give a thread ZERO stars???

kingjust30
08-14-2008, 06:59 PM
this kid phinfreak is calling us crybabies for surporting a 22 year old miami dolphin who is the fastest player in the game but the truth is your the crybaby freak for even making this thread. i said this the other day and i will say it again . IF U DONT LIKE GINN THAN CRY A RIVER BUILD A BRIDE AND GET OVER IT. AT THE END OF THE DAY GINN IS A MIAMI DOLPHIN AND U SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR THE GOOD IN HIM AND NOT THE BAD.

fatkirstyalley
08-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Deal with it.
Did Ted Ginn carjack you or something? You seem to have actual hatred for the guy. No one on here is proclaiming Ginn to be a future HOF, but holy **** you have to look at the circumstances in which he was forced to play.

A 1st time head coach...who for all intensive purposes was also the OC.
3 count em 3 different QBs throwing the ball to him
A mid-season trade of Chambers making him the ONLY viable threat on the field
Learning to play faster and learning an extremely confusing playbook
No running game after Ronnie went down
HE WAS A ROOKIE
In summation..youre an uneducated football fan..which is cool.. and also why none of us should take you seriously.

kingjust30
08-14-2008, 08:05 PM
i cant take all the ginn haters any more im gonna go nuts .i dont care about a gin hater who isnt a fin fan because thats natural but i wish i saw a fin fan ginn hater in person i might hang him upside down by his feet and shake the change out of his pockets.

X-Pacolypse
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
phinfreak= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1CPUxR52o

Ryno14
08-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Read between the lines (#9 should have been a QB pick). This is another Brady Quinn guy making this thread. How many times do we have to go through this?

Deadhead
08-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Ginn is going to suffer from the Pennington signing.

X-Pacolypse
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
phinfreak= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Marino613
08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
So when is this thread getting sent off to the depths?

Gonzo
08-14-2008, 10:30 PM

I stopped reading this blabbering, senseless rant at "coolaid."

DeeperImage
08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Good riddance! I hope Ginn is next. Wasted freaking draft picks on no talent players that will never amount to anything more than backups at best.

TheBow305
08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow, phinfreak.. take the noose off your neck buddy.

PogiRo
08-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Good riddance! I hope Ginn is next. Wasted freaking draft picks on no talent players that will never amount to anything more than backups at best.

You HOPE Ginn is next?!?! What the hell is wrong with some of you people?!!? Sure, I think he'll never play up to where he was picked, but I'd like him to at least to become a key player to this team. I'm sorry, I want every single guy on this roster to turn out to be something no matter how much success I believe they'll have. Whether I believe they'll be a bust or a Hall of Famer, I hope in reality they become great football players for us. Geez, IT'S BEEN ONE FRICKIN YEAR for both of these guys and you guys are looking forward to them failing, and are ready to celebrate when they do. Wow.

daniel3
08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I don't get this thread, get rid of our best wideout? He's like only person the coaching staff has seen as a starter from day one and through entire offseason. Where do these threads come from? It's like those threads that used to tear down Ronnie for not being an elite back when he was the most talented offensive weapon we had and everyone else on our offense was borderline average at best.

Tureo
08-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Surely Ginn has been a bit of a disappointment, but it has only been one season. Like we've been carrying Hagan for the past 3 seasons I'm willing to do so for Ginn.

Comparing Beck and Ginn circumstances hardly seem relevent only that they were both drafted last year. Beck has shown nothing what so ever, Ginn.. well he's had his moments.

I think Armstrong, Bess or Foster may be better return men. Let Ginn focus on being a receiver. We'll know by the end of next season whether the 'light has turned on' for Ginn or not.
I agree with you. Furthermore Beck is an older and thus should be a more mature player.

Beck has not shown much at all. Ginn, if not for penalties on KO would be spoken of just after Hester in returns. He can be a great on special teams. This is not what we want but we already know this. Now we must give him some time to develop as a WR.

Kansas Fin Fan
08-14-2008, 11:56 PM
What is the deal with Quinn he has never done anythin at any level. And people think he is the next marino. So he can do an espn comerical good job. It cost the browns 2 first round picks 4 a back up QB. Teddy Ginn at least starts and is starting 2 look pretty good in practice. John Beck Looked good today in practice 2. Neither are busts. Just look at Jason Allen he is starting 2 come around it just takes a little time.

kingjust30
08-15-2008, 02:29 AM
deeperimage you are a sick clown and u should become a cheerleader cause your a female.how do u know ginn will never amout 2 anything can u see the future.try 2 surrport your team u clown.i will never talk about any fin untill he gets cut or traded and u just bash the kid. im sure u got abused in highschool or your wife cheats on u a lot cause u sound like u have hate in your blood.

sm0kinfins
08-15-2008, 04:34 AM

"trying" being the key word here...

You know, I've heard the snide little comments about Cam's "Ginn family" remark ever since drafting him and yet not once have I seen it posted anywhere on this site as to what he may have meant by it. Maybe I missed it... Maybe not... Anyways, let me try and explain what I believe it to mean...

Ted Ginn Sr. is a football and life coach for Glenville, HS in Cleveland. He is also a volunteer police officer and works very hard to instill good moral values in his players. Many a NFL athlete has come from under his wing and mentoring and you'll never hear anything but praise from these former players. The most obvious recent example that comes to mind is Jills, errrrrr... Bills (sorry, force of habit) SS and 1st round draft pick, Donte Whitner who respects the man so much he honored him with ink. That's right, pause your HD TIVO sometime while he's on screen and look at his forearm. You'll see three words "God Bless Ginn".

All this and much more is highlighted in the documentary "Winning Lives: The Story of Ted Ginn Sr." which, to my knowledge, was last aired on the ONN channel in early January of this year. It's a very insightful movie that kinda sheds some light on the whole Scam Cameron "Ginn family" remark.

Please don't roast me on here thinking I'm defending the guy cause I'm not. I just felt that his comment needed some "clarification" as it really does kinda make sense from a "family values" perspective.

Anyways... GO FINS!!! :hi5:

Gitrdone
08-15-2008, 05:07 AM

This forum is going to need a ton of Coolaid, just to wash away the hateraid some people are spewing.

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I think Bill Parcells/Jeff Ireland/Tony Sparano are on there way out...obviusly their eye for talent is not what it used to be. After all, we only scored 6 points against Tampa and gave up 17! How can we win with stats like that? I gonna start the fire BP regime thread real soon....keep an eye out for it!

That smell that has encompassed you after reading this is the stench of idiocy.....Go fins!

phinfreak
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
It's funny to read your posts comparing Ginn to Hester. That underscores the maturity level we're dealing with on this thread.

In terms of productivity...ok...not personal like or dislike, but PRODUCTIVITY for those with public school edumacation...Ginn, as the #9 player selection in 1st round for the Fins, given our overall team needs and priorities, is a BUST!

Look at the Bills' Trent Edwards...why has he flashed so quickly? Because he has talent. Devin Hester, flashed immediately as a rookie...why? Because he has talent.

Ginn and Beck on the other hand remind me of that DSL commercial showing the difference in speed between dial up and DSL. Ginn and Beck would have flashed by now if they had franchise potential.

As a 3rd rounder or 4th or 5th round pick, you could understand needing a year or two or three to develop. But your #1 and #2 picks are expected to start either immediately or in the second year.

Beck is a BUST obviously...and Ginn couldnt start for most NFL teams.

Deal with it.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 11:03 AM

At least try to be factual

He is a STARTING WR and a huge threat on punt and kick returns. Last season, I witnessed the worst punt and kick return blocking that I had ever seen.

He set A TEAM RECORD for combined yardage. Clearly you are misinformed.

Deal with it.

Get over yourself....

emocomputerjock
08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
It's funny to read your posts comparing Ginn to Hester. That underscores the maturity level we're dealing with on this thread.

In terms of productivity...ok...not personal like or dislike, but PRODUCTIVITY for those with public school edumacation...Ginn, as the #9 player selection in 1st round for the Fins, given our overall team needs and priorities, is a BUST!

Look at the Bills' Trent Edwards...why has he flashed so quickly? Because he has talent. Devin Hester, flashed immediately as a rookie...why? Because he has talent.

Ginn and Beck on the other hand remind me of that DSL commercial showing the difference in speed between dial up and DSL. Ginn and Beck would have flashed by now if they had franchise potential.

As a 3rd rounder or 4th or 5th round pick, you could understand needing a year or two or three to develop. But your #1 and #2 picks are expected to start either immediately or in the second year.

Beck is a BUST obviously...and Ginn couldnt start for most NFL teams.

Deal with it.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
But your #1 and #2 picks are expected to start either immediately or in the second year.

Have you ever actually watched NFL football? QB and WR are the two LEAST likely positions to contribute as rookies, especially on bad teams.

phinfreak
08-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah...right...that's why he hasnt touched the ball in preseason...because he is a super threat to return one for a touchdown! right? Puleez...if he was all that he'd have the ball in his hands on every single kickoff and punt.

BTW...I thought you said he was a starting WR? Is that why Fins brought in so many wr's? Is that why Fins signed FA Wilford? Is that why all you hear about is Hagan and nada, nil, about Ginn in training camp reports?

What has Ginn done? nothing. El Busto, oko?

phinfreak
08-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I watched the Bills game last night too when game announcers made that statement. Wow! great insight on your part.

What else have you heard?

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Can someone chuck this thread to wolves, please? Its actually starting to hurt.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah...right...that's why he hasnt touched the ball in preseason...because he is a super threat to return one for a touchdown! right? Puleez...if he was all that he'd have the ball in his hands on every single kickoff and punt.

Oh, I don't know..... maybe because the games DON'T COUNT!!!!!!

BTW...I thought you said he was a starting WR? Is that why Fins brought in so many wr's? Is that why Fins signed FA Wilford? Is that why all you hear about is Hagan and nada, nil, about Ginn in training camp reports?

Check any depth chart you can find. Ginn is listed as a starting WR.

What has Ginn done? nothing. El Busto, oko?

Other than set a record????

Marino613
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Can someone chuck this thread to wolves, please? Its actually starting to hurt.

Unfortunately, I can't hit the "Thank You" button more than once for a single post.

[Edit: Lappy picked up the slack! thanks bro]

chillwill3000
08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't know what to think about this thread. I guess anything is possible, but I don't think it is very likley Ginn would be let go.

phinphever
08-15-2008, 12:06 PM

The problem with posts like this is it takes many misconceptions and makes illogical conclusions. I don't think a whole lot of people drank the Kool-aid. A lot of people were glad to finally have a coach who focused on Offence. After a few games we all but few knew their were real problems with Cam. I supported Cam more for what I felt was the need to not want to go through another coaching search and more roster turnover. Now I know what a coaching staff looks like. It surprises me how bad the staff of the old regeime was.

On to the crux of the matter. Regardless of your opinion niether Beck or Ginn are Busts. You clearly wanted Quinn. If you like Quinn so much go be a browns fan. Obviously this franchise is clueless in your opinion because if they couldn't see the obvious status of Beck and Ginn as busts then you must not have much respect for one of the most experienced coaching staffs in football. If Ginn was a bust then why did the FO not go after better WR's in the Draft or FA? Rome wasn't built in a day but I find it hard to believe after going into the off season without Chambers or Marty Booker the FO didn't have confidence in Ginn. If they didn't I'm sure they would have been a lot more agressive in FA or the Draft. The jury is still out on Ginn. The Beck situation has been mishandled from the time he was drafted by Cam. I am wating to see Beck play more in some preseaon games. I think if the front office were not sure what they hav ein Beck so they Drafted Henne. This FO is not interested in saving peoples feelings and will cut people or trade them away if they think they have no talent or don't fit their system. If thats the case why is Beck still here. Maybe it's they think beck could be good. Karl Dorell wouldn't have bothered to work with Beck all off season if he and the FO thought Beck was a bust.

Geforce
08-15-2008, 12:09 PM

Deal with it.
Okay, let me get this straight. You are calling everyone who doesn't agree with your assessment of Ted Ginn cry babies when you are the one who has been crying for 16 months because we didn't draft Brady Quinn? WOW!!! So if Ginn is a bust for starting nine games, being third on the Dolphins rookie receptions list and first on the all-purpose list, what does that make Quinn who didn't start one game or throw any touchdown passes last year? I mean the Browns did trade two first round draft picks for him and all he did for the most part was sit on the bench.

emocomputerjock
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Okay, let me get this straight. You are calling everyone who doesn't agree with your assessment of Ted Ginn cry babies when you are the one who has been crying for 16 months because we didn't draft Brady Quinn? WOW!!! So if Ginn is a bust for starting nine games, being third on the Dolphins rookie receptions list and first on the all-purpose list, what does that make Quinn who didn't start one game or throw any touchdown passes last year? I mean the Browns did trade two first round draft picks for him and all he did for the most part was sit on the bench.

That's exactly what's going on here.

MoFinz
08-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Theres a Patriots Bandwagon pulling out in about an hour, maybe you should jump on that while it's still hot. You're obviously not a real Dolphins fan, get behind a team you can support...today at least

Gonzo
08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Theres a Patriots Bandwagon pulling out in about an hour, maybe you should jump on that while it's still hot. You're obviously not a real Dolphins fan, get behind a team you can support...today at leastMy leprechaun is better. :d-day:

mfish41
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
ted ginn isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and the talk of ronnie going is just absurd

dolpns13
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
It makes me so proud that supposed "finfans" make threads about how they seemingly are hoping for a fin player to become a bust, and actually count on it...

Its time for fairweather fans everywhere to join in the hunt and find a new team...

Mcganiel
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
ted ginn isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and the talk of ronnie going is just absurd

If Ronnie hurts his knee again he will be gone. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

SpaceMountain16
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
If Ronnie hurts his knee again he will be gone. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

At least we'll have Jalen Parmele to replace him :rolleyes2:

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 01:31 PM
At least we'll have Jalen Parmele to replace him :rolleyes2:
Jalen better perform Now or else! Possible bust from day one! Buddy! according to some on this board

SpaceMountain16
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Jalen better perform Now or else! Possible bust from day one! Buddy! according to some on this board

Booker was probably better than Parmele. He's looking very nice in an Eagles uniform right now. Like a "faster" Brian Westbrook.

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Booker > Parmele
Bernie Parmalee > Jalen parmalee

ZachThomas76
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Theres a Patriots Bandwagon pulling out in about an hour, maybe you should jump on that while it's still hot. You're obviously not a real Dolphins fan, get behind a team you can support...today at least

Why is it because a Phinfan doesnt like one or 2 guys on the roster, he suddenly isnt a "real" fan? If the Phins pick up Trent Dilfer, should I run around and tell everyone how great Dilfer is because he now has that magical Phin jersey on that will transform his ****ty abilities into good ones? I dont get it. I want whats best for the team as a whole, but the reality is, not all guys on the 53 man roster are going to be good or popular. It is what it is. Doesnt make you any less of a fan IMO.

SpaceMountain16
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Bernie Parmalee > Jalen parmalee

:lol:

I dont know about that....

I dont want to be too hard on Jalen because i haven't seen him play yet. In a regular season game, he's not tested, he could end up being a very good player and i HOPE he does because of how much Parcells valued him over Booker. But Booker is/was electric. I just know that is the move that is going to haunt this team.

Geforce
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Booker was probably better than Parmele. He's looking very nice in an Eagles uniform right now. Like a "faster" Brian Westbrook.
For the Eagles sake, I hope they are not counting on him to be their kickoff returner this year. Booker dropped two more kickoffs last night.

MinnesotaFin
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Lets not forget how many TD returns Ginn had taken away from him last year either. Ginn was a rookie and again has another new coach if Sparano can stick around I 'll go out and say Sinn will be a pro bowler by 2010. Its all part of this rebuilding crap and we just gotta have pateince.

SpaceMountain16
08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
For the Eagles sake, I hope they are not counting on him to be their kickoff returner this year. Booker dropped two more kickoffs last night.

I would expect that when he is ready that role would go to Deshaun Jackson aka. Ted Ginn Jr. Jr.

dolpns13
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Why is it because a Phinfan doesnt like one or 2 guys on the roster, he suddenly isnt a "real" fan? If the Phins pick up Trent Dilfer, should I run around and tell everyone how great Dilfer is because he now has that magical Phin jersey on that will transform his ****ty abilities into good ones? I dont get it. I want whats best for the team as a whole, but the reality is, not all guys on the 53 man roster are going to be good or popular. It is what it is. Doesnt make you any less of a fan IMO.

its one thing to have the opinion that getting a veteran isnt very good, and that player might not help us. Thats one thing because the player Dilfer as you mention) already has a body of work, but to call a guy who played in 9 games and going into only his second year a bust, and seemingly hoping they are right and the kid turns out to be a bust, is lunacy. Everyone has an opinion which is fine, but you absolutely cannot call someone a bust after only 1 year (ie...mario williams)... And to make matters worse, it seems the OP is hoping Ginn turns out to be a bust just to make himself look good, or prove some type of point... Not good

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
its one thing to have the opinion that getting a veteran isnt very good, and that player might not help us. Thats one thing because the player Dilfer as you mention) already has a body of work, but to call a guy who played in 9 games and going into only his second year a bust, and seemingly hoping they are right and the kid turns out to be a bust, is lunacy. Everyone has an opinion which is fine, but you absolutely cannot call someone a bust after only 1 year (ie...mario williams)... And to make matters worse, it seems the OP is hoping Ginn turns out to be a bust just to make himself look good, or prove some type of point... Not good
Great point with Mario Williams.....I remember that guy taking it from all sides his first year and look at him now. It really seems this guy had ill-will toward Ginn.... for what? He's not Quinn? That will be a positive in the future IMO

dolpns13
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Great point with Mario Williams.....I remember that guy taking it from all sides his first year and look at him now. It really seems this guy had ill-will toward Ginn.... for what? He's not Quinn? That will be a positive in the future IMO

Drew Brees to name another :wink: Soemone EVERYONE on this board wanted, twice, was considered a bust until about his 3rd year.

MR. DRYSDALE
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM

For the money the Phins have already spent on Ginn, let it ride for this season. He should show more this yr, especially now with a top notch QB to throw to him.:hi5:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Why is it because a Phinfan doesnt like one or 2 guys on the roster, he suddenly isnt a "real" fan?

No. It's because some "fans" post nothing but baseless opinions and try to pass them off as fact. Claiming that a player is a "bust from day one" makes no sense. It's the type of smack you'd expect from rival fans.

Bumrush
08-15-2008, 03:20 PM
No. It's because some "fans" post nothing but baseless opinions and try to pass them off as fact. Claiming that a player is a "bust from day one" makes no sense. It's the type of smack you'd expect from rival fans.

Please Finfan, don't ever quote "fan" when someone has an opinion you don't agree with. We all want the Phins to succeed and if someone wants to be critical of a coach, a player or anyone else, they have every right to point out how they feel without being labeled as a "fan"

fatkirstyalley
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
This thread is taking an ugly turn...cant we all just get along?

Geforce
08-15-2008, 03:40 PM
This thread is taking an ugly turn...cant we all just get along?
This thread took an ugly turn when the OP started using terms like bust to describe players he doesn't like or want on the team and cry babies to describe posters who doesn't agree with his assessment of those players.

NewPhinPhan
08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Please Finfan, don't ever quote "fan" when someone has an opinion you don't agree with. We all want the Phins to succeed and if someone wants to be critical of a coach, a player or anyone else, they have every right to point out how they feel without being labeled as a "fan"

C'Mon Bum, wouldn't you use that quote on me ("fan") knowing what you KNOW about me? That I'm really a BYU/Beck/Football fan, more than just a diehard Miami fan?:wink:

MoFinz
08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
My leprechaun is better. :d-day:

No way bucky.....mines actually under 4 ft tall....and waddles:hi5:

kingjust30
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM

now thats a fins fan that knows what he is talking about . i was about 2 write somthing very similar and there is no need now thank u dolphins 13.

like i said befor these kids that abuse young dolphins are not real fans,or they got abused there whole life by bullys and there mad at the world

Bumrush
08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
C'Mon Bum, wouldn't you use that quote on me ("fan") knowing what you KNOW about me? That I'm really a BYU/Beck/Football fan, more than just a diehard Miami fan?:wink:

Nope. It doesn't make you less of a fan, and at least you are honest about it.... And it doesn't invalidate your point.. But quoting "fan" implies that people that don't have a high opinion of Ginn in this post are less of a Miami Dolphin fan than those that do. And this is wrong. I never thought Chris Chambers was was worth a damn, that never made me less of a fan..

NewPhinPhan
08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Nope. It doesn't make you less of a fan, and at least you are honest about it.... And it doesn't invalidate your point.. But quoting "fan" implies that people that don't have a high opinion of Ginn in this post are less of a Miami Dolphin fan than those that do. And this is wrong. I never thought Chris Chambers was was worth a damn, that never made me less of a fan..

I hear ya, man. I's just spicin it up. Agree totally.

kingjust30
08-15-2008, 04:07 PM
i hear u bum rush but a real fan will defend his young players and pray for the best even if they dont believe it. if u want 2 bash a older player with no upside than thats fine with me but dont diss a 22 year old kid who has his whole career ahead of him. and the sick part is u either really want this kid 2 be a bust or u dont care looking stupid. because one of those 2 are gonna happen.if ginn is a bust than u told us so and if he is somthing special than u look really dumb and u open your mouth for no reason

Geforce
08-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I think there is a distinct difference between you and the OP, atleast I think there is, I don't remember you calling other people who didn't agree with your opinion about Chris Chambers cry babies.

dolpns13
08-15-2008, 04:14 PM

now thats a fins fan that knows what he is talking about . i was about 2 write somthing very similar and there is no need now thank u dolphins 13.

like i said befor these kids that abuse young dolphins are not real fans,or they got abused there whole life by bullys and there mad at the world

Haha, thanks brotha! :up:

Bumrush
08-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I hear ya, man. I's just spicin it up. Agree totally.

And when Beck gets cut we hope you stick around and become a fan of the Miami Dolphins. We need all the support we can get. :lol:

NewPhinPhan
08-15-2008, 04:31 PM
No worries. As I said. I was ecstatic when Miami picked Beck. I even turned to and told wife that Miami was going after Beck as soon as they picked Ginn over Quinn (sorry to bring up the bad memories, people).

I do have a place in my heart for Miami. I had it when I was a kid with Marino N Co. Regardless of if Beck goes, I'll still be around to stir the pot. There's good people here.

Funny. I live in Seattle, do watch the Hawks from time to time, but like I've said before. I'm a FOOTBALL fan. I'd like to see Miami return to the glory of yesteryear. Would love Beck to be part of that. If not, I hope they do, regardless.

As I say, Time will tell!

Ed Norton
08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Lets not forget how many TD returns Ginn had taken away from him last year either.

I agree he showed some skills returning kicks and you have to consider that in the total value he brings to the team. Maybe the Dolphins reached a little but where Ginn was drafted last year doesn't mean a hill of beans right now. The new FO and coaching staff has to play the cards they were dealt and they should be glad Ginn is one of those cards. I think he might turn out to be a decent WR. Who knows he might be lighting it up if he was on a real offense like San Diego or New England. Dreaming of Quinn being picked last year is a waste of time.

TedSlimmJr
08-15-2008, 05:46 PM
i hear u bum rush but a real fan will defend his young players and pray for the best even if they dont believe it. if u want 2 bash a older player with no upside than thats fine with me but dont diss a 22 year old kid who has his whole career ahead of him. and the sick part is u either really want this kid 2 be a bust or u dont care looking stupid. because one of those 2 are gonna happen.if ginn is a bust than u told us so and if he is somthing special than u look really dumb and u open your mouth for no reason

No...there are no blueprints to follow on how you be a fan....

Nobody wants a draft pick to be a bust on the team they support...

It's not about being right or wrong...if someone really believes that a player just doesn't have what it takes after their first 30 minutes in uniform...that's their right to do so...as long as that's what they REALLY believe.

On the other hand....if you're always on the supportive side and the player turns out to be a bust...you can always just say..."Well I was just being a real fan"....but how many times does that person come back and say..."Man you were right....that guy just didn't have it"....

Some people are fans of the name on the front of the jersey...not the back...and if any "fan" feels that a specific player isn't going to cut it for the franchise...it's their right to express that opinion...

What I don't understand is negative posts towards a player get scrutinized and labeled as "noncredible"....yet they get most of the attention.

If you view a post that says.."so and so sucks"....and feel it isn't credible...then why does it bother you so bad?

The sad truth is....it's been an accurate assessment lately....

NewPhinPhan
08-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Who's "so and so" in the "sad truth" you propose to be an accurate assessment lately? Cause, as for reports I've seen this week, Noone's been overly spectacular, and one guy everyone thought was gone is still here and practicing pretty dang well as the weeks progressed.

TedSlimmJr
08-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Who's "so and so" in the "sad truth" you propose to be an accurate assessment lately? Cause, as for reports I've seen this week, Noone's been overly spectacular, and one guy everyone thought was gone is still here and practicing pretty dang well as the weeks progressed.

Fans have been split on many dolphin players recently...and the one's of the "so and so sucks" sentiment....have been winning in a landslide...

Culpepper

Harrington

Feeley

Roth

Beck

Jason Allen

Hagan

Eddie Moore

Jamar Fletcher

David Martin

Seth McKinney

etc., etc....

Personally....I think Crowder is in his last year in a phin uni unless he significantly steps up his play....but that's just me....

Finfang
08-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Fans have been split on many dolphin players recently...and the one's of the "so and so sucks" sentiment....have been winning in a landslide...

Culpepper

Harrington

Feeley

Roth

Beck

Jason Allen

Hagan

Eddie Moore

Jamar Fletcher

David Martin

Seth McKinney

etc., etc....

Personally....I think Crowder is in his last year in a phin uni unless he significantly steps up his play....but that's just me....

I feel this way too. He has to really impress to even think about a new contract.

Funny thing is I was going down your list and wondered why Crowder wasn't on it. Then I saw your final comment. :up:

Marino613
08-15-2008, 07:45 PM
No...there are no blueprints to follow on how you be a fan....
It's not about being right or wrong...if someone really believes that a player just doesn't have what it takes after their first 30 minutes in uniform...that's their right to do so...as long as that's what they REALLY believe.

I agree 100% thank you for putting this so eloquently. Particularly the first line. I have defended people on both sides of this for that very reason.

...but how many times does that person come back and say..."Man you were right....that guy just didn't have it"....
I have seen it happen. This has entirely everything to do with how comfortable an individual is in accepting he was wrong, and little to do with how they approach being a fan of the team.

Some people are fans of the name on the front of the jersey...not the back...and if any "fan" feels that a specific player isn't going to cut it for the franchise...it's their right to express that opinion...
Again. I agree 100% totally cool, but some people, as you say, have the right to and enjoy not criticizing but rather supporting all the teams players because they support the name on the front of the Jersey.

But I fully agree

What I don't understand is negative posts towards a player get scrutinized and labeled as "noncredible"....yet they get most of the attention.
Why do you say they get the most attention? In my experience here, negative posts get bashed by the "positive" folk and positive posts get bashed by the "negative" folk. I haven't done a statistical analysis of the posts here to see if there is a trend supporting one way or the other (I assume no one has), but I see no reason to assume otherwise. I certainly have seen the glove on both hands.

Furthermore, who is labeling it as "noncredible". It usually is usually a small portion of the Beck (or other positive) fans, not all the ones who are responding.

The sad truth is....it's been an accurate assessment lately....I agree with your principles about fans rights 100% but I don't think your assessment of the problem is accurate. To me, the sad truth is how easily polarized our fan base gets. To me the sad truth is that we have had 3 losing seasons in the past 4 years including a 1-15 disaster, and I think we are all suffering as a result and taking it out on each other.

There is no foundation to to assume that one side of this particular debate really behaves any differently. I have seen reasonable and unreasonable folk on both sides.

dolphinsneu
08-15-2008, 08:06 PM
More about Ginn....

Read some of cbs.sportsline.com's game logs of the dolphins games. In at least a couple, they said things like "Ginn showed why he was picked so high, as he was open deep"

We need a quarterback that can get him the ball when he gets open deep. He has talent and we can take advantage of it

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 08:31 PM

In my opinion, the earth is flat. Is my opinion just as valid as yours?

To claim that all opinions are equally valid is ridiculous. Trash talking about Dolphin players using ridiculous and illogical statements makes someone a "fan". A player cannot possibly be a bust from day one. Using that statement in an argument makes someone a "fan".

It has nothing to do with whether they agree with my opinion.

Making false statements about a Dolphin player just to validate your dislike for a player makes someone a "fan". Here are just two examples from this thread:

1. Ginn is a part time WR. The FACT is that he is a starter.
2. Ginn is a mediocre special teams player. The FACT is that he set a dolphins record.

People can express whatever opinions they like, but if they post obvious lies, they deserved to be called on it. Any real fan should do it.

dlockz
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
In my opinion, the earth is flat. Is my opinion just as valid as yours?

To claim that all opinions are equally valid is ridiculous. Trash talking about Dolphin players using ridiculous and illogical statements makes someone a "fan". A player cannot possibly be a bust from day one. Using that statement in an argument makes someone a "fan".

It has nothing to do with whether they agree with my opinion.

Making false statements about a Dolphin player just to validate your dislike for a player makes someone a "fan". Here are just two examples from this thread:

1. Ginn is a part time WR. The FACT is that he is a starter.
2. Ginn is a mediocre special teams player. The FACT is that he set a dolphins record.

People can express whatever opinions they like, but if they post obvious lies, they deserved to be called on it. Any real fan should do it.

Way too early to dismiss Ginn although I hated picking him at 9 when we needed a Qb and so far it looks like waiting until the second made us draft again at the same position. Ginn is as u expressed a starter but more a starter by default than anything else. We traded two players that would have been ahead of him on the depth chart and we really are a bottom tier team at Wr at this time. As for the special teams record, hell John Avery set a record at one point and he was gone the next year, when a player does PR and KR the record is well within reach, its not like Ginn had a monster year doing either although I think he will have one in the future. I have very good confidence in Ginn on special teams but as a receiver Im not as convinced of him being so special.

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Way too early to dismiss Ginn although I hated picking him at 9 when we needed a Qb and so far it looks like waiting until the second made us draft again at the same position. Ginn is as u expressed a starter but more a starter by default than anything else. We traded two players that would have been ahead of him on the depth chart and we really are a bottom tier team at Wr at this time. As for the special teams record, hell John Avery set a record at one point and he was gone the next year, when a player does PR and KR the record is well within reach, its not like Ginn had a monster year doing either although I think he will have one in the future. I have very good confidence in Ginn on special teams but as a receiver Im not as convinced of him being so special.

He is the starter. Calling him a part time WR is a lie and was only done for effect. Calling him a mediocre special teams player is also a lie. There was NO blocking on special teams last season and he still ran three back. Two were called back because of CRAPPY play by the rest of the return unit.

Here are the combined yards leaders in the NFL last season:

All-Purpose Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2312
2. Jerious Norwood ATL 2207
3. Brian Westbrook*+ PHI 2183
4. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 2086

Yds/Touch
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 22.9
2. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 16.7
Devin Hester*+ CHI 16.7

Kick & Punt Return Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2214
2. Steve Breaston ARI 1786
3. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 1663
4. Devin Hester*+ CHI 1585

WTF does a guy need to do? He had more return yards that God (AKA Devin Hester) and he's still mediocre?

dlockz
08-15-2008, 09:31 PM
He is the starter. Calling him a part time WR is a lie and was only done for effect. Calling him a mediocre special teams player is also a lie. There was NO blocking on special teams last season and he still ran three back. Two were called back because of CRAPPY play by the rest of the return unit.

All-Purpose Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2312
4. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 2086

Yds/Touch
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 22.9
2. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 16.7
Devin Hester*+ CHI 16.7

Kick & Punt Return Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2214
3. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 1663

WTF does a guy need to do? He had more return yards that God (AKA Devin Hester) and he's still mediocre?

Im not sure this was reply to anything I said. I never said Ginn was a mediocre player but because he had more yards than Hester means little since Hester was avoided by alot of teams by kicking out of bounds. Also Ginn was on a much worse team so he had plenty more chances to return kicks. Averagewise Ginn was far from elite in either category although I would not call him medicore. Ginn averaged only 22 yards a kick return which does not even rank him in the top 28 in the NFL and ranked 6th in punt returns. Hester averaged 6 yards more per punt return and 1 less per kick return. Hester is a much stronger punt return man than Ginn and thier kick returns are quite similar.

kingjust30
08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
i have a right 2 be mad caus eu guys are haters or brain dead. this kid gin caught every thing trown at him and he ran back a couple on a really bad team so i have no idea what your talking about. people are just mad his name isnt quinn. the truth is ginn had a better rookie year than marvin harrison,t o , chad johnson, tory holt and a bunch more. some of u idiots would have said that they were busts and u would have been wrong. so get off ginns di*k and leave him alone cause he didnt do that bad

kingjust30
08-15-2008, 10:16 PM
if anything ginn showed promise, not that he was a bust . i hate hearing the word bust in this forum i would like 2 bust a gin hater off the head and say theres your bust . if ginn sucks after 3 years in this league than call him a bust. from now no wr or qb should be called a bust untill after 3 years so shut the fu*k up with this bust talk

Canadianfishfan
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
if anything ginn showed promise, not that he was a bust . i hate hearing the word bust in this forum i would like 2 bust a gin hater off the head and say theres your bust . if ginn sucks after 3 years in this league than call him a bust. from now no wr or qb should be called a bust untill after 3 years so shut the fu*k up with this bust talk

Thanks for coming out.:rolleyes2:

TedSlimmJr
08-15-2008, 10:28 PM

All-Purpose Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2312
4. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 2086

Yds/Touch
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 22.9
2. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 16.7
Devin Hester*+ CHI 16.7

Kick & Punt Return Yds
1. Josh Cribbs* CLE 2214
3. Ted Jr. Ginn MIA 1663

These guys weren't #9 overall picks....

That's the travesty.....we passed up Patrick Willis for a "fast" WR/kick returner...

Marino613
08-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Thank You Mods!!!

TedSlimmJr
08-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Somebody needs a WAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!:boohoo:

FinfanInBuffalo
08-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Im not sure this was reply to anything I said. I never said Ginn was a mediocre player but because he had more yards than Hester means little since Hester was avoided by alot of teams by kicking out of bounds. Also Ginn was on a much worse team so he had plenty more chances to return kicks. Averagewise Ginn was far from elite in either category although I would not call him medicore. Ginn averaged only 22 yards a kick return which does not even rank him in the top 28 in the NFL and ranked 6th in punt returns. Hester averaged 6 yards more per punt return and 1 less per kick return. Hester is a much stronger punt return man than Ginn and thier kick returns are quite similar.

All of my replies are directed primarily at the OP and those defending his right to spout nonsense.

dolphinsneu
08-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately, all those return yards for Ginn came on over 60 kickoffs.

That is NOT good news.

If you factor in the two KO return TDs, both of which were incorrectly called back, his return average rises, however.

He'll be a difference maker for us