PDA

View Full Version : Clayton's Salary Cap update 9/9/03

Bopkin02
09-10-2003, 06:30 AM
Love your quote about Bush and Clinton. ANSWER: not soon enough.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bopkin02
Love your quote about Bush and Clinton.

I don't...it's idiotic and deceptive.

Clumpy
09-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by RikWriter

it's idiotic and deceptive.

Hmmmm.........sounds like George :foundout:

Let's keep the thread on topic please :)

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Hmmmm.........sounds like George :foundout:

Let's keep the thread on topic please :)

Perhaps you should tell that to the person who drifted it offtopic, not to me. But of course they agree with you, so you wouldn't tell that to them...
Hmm...hypocricy. Sounds like Bill.

MDFINFAN
09-10-2003, 11:21 AM

Perhaps you should tell that to the person who drifted it offtopic, not to me. But of course they agree with you, so you wouldn't tell that to them...

No that's more this administration when it comes to hypocricy..
i.e., if you don't go for what we want, you're a terriost..Liers..

But Clump how did you get off on the total...this is suppose to be your thing. :D

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No that's more this administration when it comes to hypocricy..
i.e., if you don't go for what we want, you're a terriost..Liers..

Apparently the vast areas of knowledge unavailable to you include the definition of hypocricy.

CirclingWagons
09-10-2003, 11:29 AM
oh for ****sake would you leave the politics out of this...there is nothing any of you can do about it..the truth is they are all liars...there, case closed, let's move on to football.

How about those Bills?

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons
oh for ****sake would you leave the politics out of this

I'd love to. Unfortunately one of your fellow Bills fans can't leave politics out of his sigline, and one of my fellow Dolphin fans can't refrain from injecting politics into a salary cap discussion. Of course, I could simply ignore them, but I didn't feel like allowing the liberal wankfest to continue unopposed.

CirclingWagons
09-10-2003, 11:35 AM

I'd love to. Unfortunately one of your fellow Bills fans can't leave politics out of his sigline, and one of my fellow Dolphin fans can't refrain from injecting politics into a salary cap discussion. Of course, I could simply ignore them, but I didn't feel like allowing the liberal wankfest to continue unopposed.
it's over now..ok?...who cares whats in his sig?, let's just move on to the point where Clump tells us TD is a cap wiz....god i love non-fiction:cool:

Justasportsfan
09-10-2003, 11:35 AM

All he ever does is either attack finfans or billsfans posts. Did someone forget their prozac?

Chill rix

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by justafan

All he ever does is either attack finfans or billsfans posts. Did someone forget their prozac?

Chill rix

Wrong. I never attacked any Bills fan's posts. I never attacked any Fins fans either. So you've lied twice in one post. Did someone forget their morality?
I freely admit to DISAGREEING with Bills and Fins fans' posts, but some of us understand that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and attacking them.

Justasportsfan
09-10-2003, 11:43 AM

Wrong. I never attacked any Bills fan's posts. I never attacked any Fins fans either. So you've lied twice in one post. Did someone forget their morality?
I freely admit to DISAGREEING with Bills and Fins fans' posts, but some of us understand that there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and attacking them.

I siad posts, not posters.

PhinsTD
09-10-2003, 11:43 AM
I made a similar post about his sig line and almost got banned. I think it's funny the ability of people to say what they want one and get away with here, but oppose that and it's all wrong.

Clump, you have to be wrong. We have to be under the cap or we get penalized every day we are over it.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by justafan

I siad posts, not posters.

Ah, so disagreeing with something someone posts is now "attacking their post?" Sorry, I must have missed that meeting of the Neologism Society.

Clumpy
09-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phinstd

Clump, you have to be wrong. We have to be under the cap or we get penalized every day we are over it.

Yes, I am wrong. I did state that it's impossible to be over. It's all about the bonus $. I strive to be as accurate as possible.

Rik :rolleyes: Last time I checked, it's a free country and my sig is covered under the 1st Amendment right to free speech. It also does not violate this sites' TOS. I'm sorry if you are offended by it.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Rik :rolleyes: Last time I checked, it's a free country and my sig is covered under the 1st Amendment right to free speech. It also does not violate this sites' TOS. I'm sorry if you are offended by it.

Ah, more disingenuousness...how typical. I don't believe I ever said you didn't have the right to say, post or put in your sigline anything you wanted. Again, we have another confused person who thinks that anyone who disagrees with them is somehow attacking them or violating their rights. How pitiful.

Clumpy
09-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Are you John Ashcroft?

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Are you John Ashcroft?

Are you capable of a coherent argument?

Clumpy
09-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Yes, but this thread was for discussion of salary cap issues. My post was directed at both posts that were off topic.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Yes, but this thread was for discussion of salary cap issues. My post was directed at both posts that were off topic.

Except you only quoted my post, and put another political cheapshot in alongside your "oh so sincere" attempt to plead with us to stay on topic.

chicago dolphin
09-10-2003, 01:30 PM
sheesh....damn republican watchdogs...lol.

Clumpy
09-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by chicago dolphin

I'll be dragged from my bed kicking and screaming.........LOL

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM

I'll be dragged from my bed kicking and screaming.........LOL

None of us wants to hear about your sex life, okay? :D

DeDolfan
09-10-2003, 06:21 PM

Both of you are a bunch of damn liberals!! But I love it too !!
:D :D :D :D

DeDolfan
09-10-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by chicago dolphin

:D :D Yup, and there's alot of pissed off ppl pissed at alot of them too !! :D :D

DeDolfan
09-10-2003, 06:32 PM

None of us wants to hear about your sex life, okay? :D

I'll listen about anybody's sex life!! :goof: :goof:

Barbarian
09-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan

I'll listen about anybody's sex life!! :goof: :goof:

okay... but how much detail should I go into... just the basics, or like everything from the smell of the leather to how the gag tasted?
:goof:

DPlus47
09-10-2003, 07:46 PM

I don't...it's idiotic and deceptive.

the thing about "idiotic and deceptive" from my point of view:
unlike w AND clinton, clumped has put himself in harm's way for his government. i feel that gives him the right to comment on the issue of our soldiers and how they are used. you don't have to be a "disingenuous liberal" or whatever to know that kids dying and staying in the desert indefinitely had better involve some kind of long term plan that is discussed and debated truthfully. so far i haven't seen much of that...

as for the cap: clumped, everybody but the '72 phins messed up at some point or other;)

finfan54
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM

answere: clinton should have been impeached on Waco.

Fresh
09-10-2003, 08:40 PM
It's funny how this thread was about the salary cap. Yet because a Bills fan posted it, Rik hopped off topic to attack his sig.

Damn, I keep thinking that's AJ because of the avatar! I was wondering why AJ was being so ignorant. LOL!

Fresh
09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1510617

This has you $455,000 under. I have you $322,000 OVER, which is not possible. Thus, I am $777,000 off :(

Hmmm.....I wonder what he has for 2004?

:foundout:

Bump

DolfanDaveInATX
09-10-2003, 09:20 PM
How does one request that a thread be locked? This whole political back and forth has no place on this board.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DPlus47

the thing about "idiotic and deceptive" from my point of view:
unlike w AND clinton, clumped has put himself in harm's way for his government. i feel that gives him the right to comment on the issue of our soldiers and how they are used.

And yet again NO ONE said he didn't have the right to say anything he wanted, so you're arguing against a Straw Man from the outset.

Rick 1966
09-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
It's funny how this thread was about the salary cap. Yet because a Bills fan posted it, Rik hopped off topic to attack his sig.

No, you're totally wrong, as was explained to the other person who jumped to that mistaken conclusion. *I* was not the one who first mentioned his sig. SOMEONE ELSE commented on it and I commented that I disagreed with them. Yet somehow Clumped didn't bother telling them to stay ontopic...because they agreed with him. It had nothing to do with him being a Bills fan and in fact I never would have mentioned his sig if someone else had not done so first. So if you want to blame someone for taking the thread offtopic, you can blame Bopkin02.

Prime Time
09-10-2003, 10:25 PM
:rofl: on this thread.

Prime Time
09-10-2003, 10:26 PM
BTW, Bush shouldn't be impeached...damn good president!

CirclingWagons
09-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
BTW, Bush shouldn't be impeached...damn good president! jesus phucking christ can we get back to the salary cap discussion already?:rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan

Both of you are a bunch of damn liberals!! But I love it too !!
:D :D :D :D

I'd rather hear about his sex life than you trying to defend this administration...Please..we need to go to room where we can really get this on...and I'm a independent by the way??:D

CRAZYDOLFAN305
09-10-2003, 11:46 PM
I'm with you clump. Whenever those them republicans get in power, this country takes a step backwards. Have you seen Gas prices lately? Or how about there's no jobs, or the fact that our economy is struggling. I use to quit one job and get another one right around the corner. This Administrations has got to go...

Jaj
09-10-2003, 11:50 PM
How the hell do gas prices have to do with this government. They go with world prices for oil and whatever those dirty mother #### organization says they will do and cut here.

Economy went down at the end of the Clinton reign. Go check it.

J-E-T-S
09-11-2003, 12:26 AM
What a thread.

PhinPhan1227
09-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
I'm with you clump. Whenever those them republicans get in power, this country takes a step backwards. Have you seen Gas prices lately? Or how about there's no jobs, or the fact that our economy is struggling. I use to quit one job and get another one right around the corner. This Administrations has got to go...

I can see lamenting the downfall of the economy...but it's equally sad to see the downfall of the US education system...:tongue:

zach13
09-11-2003, 09:01 AM
"The downfall of the economy"

From CNN yesterday:

"Consensus forecasts of U.S. economic growth leaped higher this month as economists reacted to fresh evidence that consumer spending and business investment is accelerating, setting the stage for a restocking of inventories that will lift manufacturing activity," Blue Chip Economic Indicators said."

"The newsletter said economists believed inflation would remain subdued and the Federal Reserve would not raise interest rates until at least the second quarter."

So, let's see:

- the economy is growing at a healthy pace
- inflation is near an all time low
- interest rates are near an all time low
- unemployment is 6.1% and expected to drop to 5.9%

You consider that a downfall.

You must not have been here in 1979.

DPlus47
09-11-2003, 01:33 PM
i find it amusing that so many people take a lot of time and energy to second guess a football team's coaching staff--an action that would suggest that they're not blind followers--yet they'll blindly follow a head of state and blindly swallow whatever facts and figures the news throws at them.

zach13
09-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Are you suggesting that CNN and the economists behind the Board of Economic Indicators are conspiring to deceive us about the current state of the economy?

They are lying about the rate of inflation?
They are lying about the interest rate?
They are lying about the unemployment rate?
They are lying about the growth in GDP?

This is enormous news!!!!!!

Please tell us what the real figures are, so that I, as a business professional will no longer base my economic judgments on fabricated data.

Is it all a vast Right Wing Conspiracy?:eek:

Muck
09-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
How does one request that a thread be locked? This whole political back and forth has no place on this board.

If you ever want to report anything you feel is inappropriate on the boards, just click on the "Report this post to a moderator" link on the bottom right of any post. :)

Muck
09-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I didn't read the thread. I just saw the words "Republican", "Clinton", etc and decided to offer my stupid opinion. So forgive me. :)

I think the problem is that we've got idiots and spineless turds on all sides. People who are tied to their stupid little party line.

Screw that. How about all become "Independant" and think for ourselves. "We" meaning the population/politicians in general.

I don't care what party a guy belongs to. If he sucks, he sucks. I didn't vote for the Democrat or the Republican in the last presidential election because I thought they both sucked. I hate the stupid party system. They both suck IMO (the big two). And that's why I'm not affiliated. I long for the day when we have a non-Democrat/Republican in office.

Kamikaze
09-19-2003, 01:40 AM
This thread is familiar...