View Full Version : Ps2 Network Adapter

09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
I have a question on the PS2 Network adapter.....

First off, i want to take my gaming to another level....Is the PS2 network Adapter worth it????? I run on 56k, what are the fees? is it laggy? all feedbacks and thoughts welcome....

Also i hate to bragg, but my madden competition around here is weak, I can beat everybody around my neighborhood except for my cousin which he's beaten me very few times and even he struggles to beat me but does manage to get a few games off me......Ive also seen and heard about you guys playing Vs. Ricky, I would love to play him and see how good he is.....

All in All is it worth it?????

09-11-2003, 09:13 PM
It is worth is but you are in the same boat as me with the dail-up. It is laggy but now as bad as one would thing. It is a little harder to get a game with dail-up. My first game on-line I blasted someone very bad but near the end of the game I lost the connection so that mean I get a disconnect. That mean someone quit in the middle of the game. It is a way to let others know if you are a quitter or not. It is a good thing for them to do but sucks for us on dail-up. My disconnect was %100 intill I played another game and I could'nt get anyone to play me for a while because of that. Also the head set is not suported with dail-up either so that sucks big time. They have a very big community with rankings and tournements so that is very cool. Also you can always find someone to kick your *** by 30 or 40 points if you look around a little.

Last years number one ranked player in Madden 2003 got a job at EA Sports testing the new game.

All in all with dail-up also I would say go for it for sure. It is worth it. There is no monthly fee to play Madden but Everquest costs I think $4.95 a month and they are taling about charging a fee next year. I think the adapter is $39.99

I think that I am going to get cable soon though so that will be great then. I can't wait to play and be able to talk to them at the same time.

09-11-2003, 10:46 PM
How do you hook up the adapter to the internet? My PS2 is in a different room than my computer, do I have to run wires to cable modem on my cpu or do I need to get a 2nd cable modem?

09-11-2003, 11:53 PM
No if you are on dail-up all you have to do is run a phone line to it. If you are on cable or DSL then you would need to get a router. A router (http://www.buy.com/retail/large_image.asp?sku=10235958) provides a firewall and it also allows you to share a broadband connection between computers. So you would have to maybe run maybe one wire but there are wireless routers as well so that would solve that problem as well

09-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks, I have a cable modem and I'll look into a router. If I'm on the PS2 playing online, does that tie up the internet connection for the cpu or can somebody still be on the internet?

09-12-2003, 01:28 PM
No you can still be on the internet. The router that is in the picture is a four port router. You can have four computers on the internet at the same time.