PDA

View Full Version : Pete Prisco picks Dolphins to beat Jets

Nublar7
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
There is a video on CBSSportsline where Pete Prisco gives his picks for week 1.

He says Miami is a young feisty group and the game will be played in hot humid weather. He said he feels this way after spending some time during TC/Preseason watching the Dolphins. He said look for the upset this weekend. :up:

Watch the video here:

http://www.sportsline.com/video/player/embed/nfl/b7Rgi_wEzI0eCj20lKcf8wishKCy_D66

dolpns13
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
thought it was funny he thinks the Jets are going to be the most disappointing team in the NFL

Jetsfan0099
09-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Pete Prisco hates the Jets, he will never ever say the Jets can do something good. His word is basically nothing.

JT99Dfense
09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Upset? What are you talking about? This is expected! Oh I cannot wait for Mr Favre.

"Jets on Dolphins 30, man in motion, snap, Brett takes a 3 step drop, can't find a man open, pressure coming from blindside, JOEY PORTER got him and he fumbles! Yeremiah Bell scoops it up and dodges a man! He is at the 40, 30, 20 making his way to the endzone, 10, TOUCHDOWN DOLPHINS! What a heads up play by the defense Joe. I agree Jimmy. Brett did not see what was coming and it appears he is slow to get up".

I am waiting for that, and I highly believe I shall receive!

Nublar7
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Pete Prisco hates the Jets, he will never ever say the Jets can do something good. His word is basically nothing.
According to a lot of people here, he hates the Dolphins also. So, take away all that hate for both team, and he still sees us coming out on top. :up:

Jetsfan0099
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Joey Porter is washed up, he isn't beating Brick.....

dolpns13
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM

he hates the dolphins too.

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 06:42 PM

Here is a leason for you. Prisco is from NE so he likes to talk down on every team in the AFC East but his beloved Cheaters.

It's not just the George Jetsons, and thier boy Elroy..

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM

Do you actually watch teams other than the Jetsons?

Joey Porter, even though he was used incorrectly for 3/4 of the season, had one of his best statistical seasons last year.

Jetsfan0099
09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I watch games that are aired around here, Jets games, Steelers games, Eagles games, Giants games, Cowboy games, Redskins games. And the Monday night football and Sunday night football games.
And Joey Porter was washed up that year they let him go, he was getting thrown down by linemen, and Joey Porter did not have his best year last season......

Anyways Ozzy, your just an OP...... Your talent evaluation stinks IMO, seriously at least I can admit when a player on a division team is better then mine. You can't even admit that Kerry Rhodes is the best DB in the division when he clearly is.

DDTDON
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you actually watch teams other than the Jetsons?

Joey Porter, even though he was used incorrectly for 3/4 of the season, had one of his best statistical seasons last year.

Don't even bother, he will leave once the game is over and the Dolphins beat the snot out the Jests. Well until the second game of the season and we face Clemens because Brett threw 6 picks against us in the first game. LMAO!!!!!!

hellcat
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Shall i post the 47000 links from people who say the Jets will win? Who gives a **** what they say...lets all enjoy the game Sunday. It will be a good one

sceeto
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
I watch games that are aired around here, Jets games, Steelers games, Eagles games, Giants games, Cowboy games, Redskins games. And the Monday night football and Sunday night football games.
And Joey Porter was washed up that year they let him go, he was getting thrown down by linemen, and Joey Porter did not have his best year last season......

Anyways Ozzy, your just an OP...... Your talent evaluation stinks IMO, seriously at least I can admit when a player on a division team is better then mine. You can't even admit that Kerry Rhodes is the best DB in the division when he clearly is.
So who on our team do you think is better than your guy at the same position? Just curious.

Phinsfan210
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Here is a leason for you. Prisco is from NE so he likes to talk down on every team in the AFC East but his beloved Cheaters.

It's not just the George Jetsons, and thier boy Elroy..

He picked the Pats to lose the superbowl.

Akronfinfan36
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
According to a lot of people here, he hates the Dolphins also. So, take away all that hate for both team, and he still sees us coming out on top. :up:

Yes...I have read a ton of his stuff, and I can say without hesitation that I have never read anything where he has anything postive to say about the Dolphins. I've always thought he's an ***.

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 07:12 PM

Lmfao @ OP!! I see I've pissed you off enough to keep calling me names. It's ok I'm won't hold it against you. It happens when people can't win debates.

You may watch games but you apparently do not have a grasp on watching the players in it. Try it sometime instead of watching just plays in general. You seem to be smart enough to me that I think you might actually learn from it.

Joey Porter has always been thrown down by lineman at times. So has Pace, so has Gholston, Jason Taylor, and the list goes on. You do realize that these type of players are about 20-70 pounds lighter right?

You say you can admit when a player is better than a player on your team right? Someone has to rip the words off your lips, and cram it down your thoat for you to do it but yeah....

Rhodes is a fine player but there is still one better. You feel better? Oh yeah, just to set the record straight for you. That player is not a Miami Dolphin but Will Allen is a hell of a lot better than you give him credit for.

Now I'm pretty sure we'll see a Will Allen is nothing reply....yeah he's not biased.....

jlfin
09-03-2008, 07:12 PM

"Brick" is a HUGE disappointment given his draft status. There were actually people on this site saying that Saban should trade all of our draft picks to get into position to draft Ferguson.
He's just a little above average as a LT. Waste of money, if you ask me.
I'm not so sure he could beat anybody on a consistent basis.

feelthepain
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Joey Porter statistically had the same season as Adalius Thomas. Joey did it on the worst team in the league, Thoms did on the best, they're both the same age, is Thomas washed up too??

IceStorm
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Prisco picked the Dolphins to win?!?!?! Thats it, time to go bet the house on the Jets. That bastage just jinxed us.

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Lmfao @ OP!! I see I've pissed you off enough to keep calling me names. It's ok I'm won't hold it against you. It happens when people can't win debates.

You may watch games but you apparently do not have a grasp on watching the players in it. Try it sometime instead of watching just plays in general. You seem to be smart enough to me that I think you might actually learn from it.

Joey Porter has always been thrown down by lineman at times. So has Pace, so has Gholston, Jason Taylor, and the list goes on. You do realize that these type of players are about 20-70 pounds lighter right?

You say you can admit when a player is better than a player on your team right? Someone has to rip the words off your lips, and cram it down your thoat for you to do it but yeah....

Rhodes is a fine player but there is still one better. You feel better? Oh yeah, just to set the record straight for you. That player is not a Miami Dolphin but Will Allen is a hell of a lot better than you give him credit for.

Now I'm pretty sure we'll see a Will Allen is nothing reply....yeah he's not biased.....
Who the heck is better then Rhodes? Rhodes is a top ten and borderline top 5 safety. Which one of Terrence McGee, Ashton Youboty, Ko Simpson, Donte Whitner, Rodney Harrison, Brandon Meriweather or Ellis Hobbs do you put over Rhodes?

NYPhinFan
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
You ever see the records of these guys picking games??? He must REALLY hate the Jets because I thought he hated us..lol

JRRYDAH21
09-03-2008, 07:27 PM

everybody hates the jets except for jets fans

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
He picked the Pats to lose the superbowl.

I picked the Giants too. The first Giants/Patsie game was very telling and it was obvious to a lot of people that they were beatable with a very good pass rush. The Giants had just that.

Good for Pete if he did. He does a lot of Patsie coverage though, and has been all over their jocks for years...

Motcrue4
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Why the hell come to this site and do that?? Talk smack somewhere else!!:blowup:

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Who the heck is better then Rhodes? Rhodes is a top ten and borderline top 5 safety. Which one of Terrence McGee, Ashton Youboty, Ko Simpson, Donte Whitner, Rodney Harrison, Brandon Meriweather or Ellis Hobbs do you put over Rhodes?

I can't believe it! A Jetson who does his homework.

He's in there. As a matter of fact there are two. One I would take over Rhodes, and one that I would toss a coin to choose he or Rhodes.

An unbiased football fan should be able to see it. I've already said Rhodes is a fine player so dont ya'll get to upset over this.....................OK

signed:

The Instigator

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
"Brick" is a HUGE disappointment given his draft status. There were actually people on this site saying that Saban should trade all of our draft picks to get into position to draft Ferguson.

I would not have traded picks for him but I would have wanted the Brick at that time. I thought he did ok as a rookie but last year he really regressed. Glad I was wrong though!!! :lol:

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Why the hell come to this site and do that?? Talk smack somewhere else!!:blowup:

Love that Plaxico pic man...

its priceless

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I can't believe it! A Jetson who does his homework.

He's in there. As a matter of fact there are two. One I would take over Rhodes, and one that I would toss a coin to choose he or Rhodes.

An unbiased football fan should be able to see it. I've already said Rhodes is a fine player so dont ya'll get to upset over this.....................OK

signed:

The Instigator
you are out of your mind first off. I can only see three possible choices even though it would be a stretch. Harrison, McGee or Whitner and thats it. It cant be Whitner b/c Rhodes has topped him statistically in nearly everything since they have been in the league, and RHodes is just a better overall player. I guess McGee but that is a stretch. Rhodes is a top 5 safety that nearly every GM would tell you is the best DB in the AFC East. Combine the last 3 years Rhodes is top 5 in FF, INT's, and Sacks at safety in the NFL. No one is better then that in this division. Next your going to tell me David Harris is not the best ILB in the division.

Jetsfan0099
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Brick isn't a huge disappointment in the eyes of the Jets. This is a big year for them, they feel last year was because of the player next to him, and some other stuff. He gained weight, won the offseason strength award for our team, weighs over 320 pounds this season, weighed 305 last year. Hes a much different tackle this year, only 24 years old, so I don't consider him a disappointment, a OL is based on a unit. And he had his streak last year where he played great, he had like a 7 game streak last year where he really outplayed every DE in front of him, that includes Jason Taylor, and some other really good DEs. But he fell off towards the end of the year. This year I expect big things from him.

Jetsfan0099
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Actually you are just making yourself look foolish, thinking someone in the division is a better DB then Rhodes right now...... You are trying to downplay Rhodes' skill and you know it. Rhodes is probably the most complete safety in the game, he has no weakness, yet you feel that there is someone better in our division, hell you say 2 people are better........
Will Allen IMO is not a #1 CB, I said I never liked him, some people do though, but to me I've seen him get torched a lot, even though he has good talents.
Joey Porter IMO is not that good, he is not this feared player. He is slowing down, and isn't pressuring the QB like he use to. He was pretty bad his last year with the Steelers, don't bring up stats, because his 7 sacks were just a couple decent 2 sack games, he had more games doing nothing.
I actually base most of what I say on what I see, so don't try and tell me I don't watch the players.... I never put down a player without me watching him first.
And yes I will admit it when a player is better on another team then mine, the Dolphins RBs are better, Ronnie Brown has loads of talent, I don't have any respect for Ricky though because of the way he left the NFL and screwed over your team, that was just disgraceful, and I hope he does bad just because of his attitude and hes just a loser.
Players I also like on the Dolphins:
Jake Long-Thought he was the right pick for the Dolphins, and thought he was a safe pick.
Tedd Ginn-I think he has a lot of talent and can really hurt a team with that speed, and he can develop into a nice player.
Chad Henne-Thought he did good in preseason and is showing some promise as the future QB.
Langford-Thought he was a good looking 3-4 DE prospect coming out, I actually wanted the Jets to draft him.

Either I haven't seen enough of a player, or I just don't like the other players on the team right now.

huck1974
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Actually you are just making yourself look foolish, thinking someone in the division is a better DB then Rhodes right now...... You are trying to downplay Rhodes' skill and you know it. Rhodes is probably the most complete safety in the game, he has no weakness, yet you feel that there is someone better in our division, hell you say 2 people are better........
Will Allen IMO is not a #1 CB, I said I never liked him, some people do though, but to me I've seen him get torched a lot, even though he has good talents.
Joey Porter IMO is not that good, he is not this feared player. He is slowing down, and isn't pressuring the QB like he use to. He was pretty bad his last year with the Steelers, don't bring up stats, because his 7 sacks were just a couple decent 2 sack games, he had more games doing nothing.
I actually base most of what I say on what I see, so don't try and tell me I don't watch the players.... I never put down a player without me watching him first.
And yes I will admit it when a player is better on another team then mine, the Dolphins RBs are better, Ronnie Brown has loads of talent, I don't have any respect for Ricky though because of the way he left the NFL and screwed over your team, that was just disgraceful, and I hope he does bad just because of his attitude and hes just a loser.
Players I also like on the Dolphins:
Jake Long-Thought he was the right pick for the Dolphins, and thought he was a safe pick.
Tedd Ginn-I think he has a lot of talent and can really hurt a team with that speed, and he can develop into a nice player.
Chad Henne-Thought he did good in preseason and is showing some promise as the future QB.
Langford-Thought he was a good looking 3-4 DE prospect coming out, I actually wanted the Jets to draft him.

Either I haven't seen enough of a player, or I just don't like the other players on the team right now.

you will drop like.....well......the brick. you obviously don't watch ball

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
you are out of your mind first off. I can only see three possible choices even though it would be a stretch. Harrison, McGee or Whitner and thats it. It cant be Whitner b/c Rhodes has topped him statistically in nearly everything since they have been in the league, and RHodes is just a better overall player. I guess McGee but that is a stretch. Rhodes is a top 5 safety that nearly every GM would tell you is the best DB in the AFC East. Combine the last 3 years Rhodes is top 5 in FF, INT's, and Sacks at safety in the NFL. No one is better then that in this division. Next your going to tell me David Harris is not the best ILB in the division.

Since I'm out of my mind, you won't mind if I send a nice compliment back your way right....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I thought you said Rhodes was a top 10 corner a few posts ago? Did he get better in the last few hours? :sidelol:

And YES, Whitner is as good as Rhodes. Flip a coin and I'll take either one. Your getting things narrowed down though.

What cracks me up though is how gullable you Jetsons are. Say one thing about a player they like and they'll go to the end of the earth to defend them.

About Harris. He's started 9 games. NINE games in case you need it spelled out. He had an excellent season on a team that had a sorry defensive line. Lets see how things pan out before you go annointing him the best ok. If I were building a team I might take him but for ONE season, I'd take two over him right now. Now tell me, are you going to go nuts trying to figure out who? I mean it's not that big of a deal you know, and probably a waste of you time to do so....

signed:

The Instigator

Bleed GnW
09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
That's a shocker :rolleyes:

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Since I'm out of my mind, you won't mind if I send a nice compliment back your way right....

I thought you said Rhodes was a top 10 corner a few posts ago? Did he get better in the last few hours? :sidelol:

And YES, Whitner is as good as Rhodes. Flip a coin and I'll take either one. Your getting things narrowed down though.

What cracks me up though is how gullable you Jetsons are. Say one thing about a player they like and they'll go to the end of the earth to defend them.

About Harris. He's started 9 games. NINE games in case you need it spelled out. He had an excellent season on a team that had a sorry defensive line. Lets see how things pan out before you go annointing him the best ok. If I were building a team I might take him but for ONE season, I'd take two over him right now. Now tell me, are you going to go nuts trying to figure out who? I mean it's not that big of a deal you know, and probably a waste of you time to do so....

signed:

The Instigator
I actually said earlier he was a top 10 borderline top 5 safety, you may lack reading comprehension. I dont care to go into a pissing match b/c your an idiot. The ILB thing is a joke and shows how ignorant you are. The Phins ILB are crap, The pats have a washed up Bruschi and an unproven guy in Mayo, the Bills have Poz who Harris has played better then and who got hurt. Stats wise and skill wise no one in this division is better unless you want to use Vrabel or AD who are really OLB's playing ILB only out of necessity however this year they are the OLB's

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Actually you got things backwards. I'm not on another teams board trying to boost up my players. That would be you!

I cannot believe your taking my ranking of Rhodes like it's an insult, and acting like it's the end of the world. I called him a fine safety, and yes there are two other Db's I like (NOW READ THIS NEXT PART CAREFULLY) JUST AS WELL, and one I like BETTER. That makes him a top 2-3 Db in my view, and last time I checked that's a pretty darn good compliment.

Don't go there with the best all around safety in the game either. Now you're definitely making it look like you dont watch other games.

signed:

Ed Reed!

huck1974
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I actually said earlier he was a top 10 borderline top 5 safety, you may lack reading comprehension. I dont care to go into a pissing match b/c your an idiot. The ILB thing is a joke and shows how ignorant you are. The Phins ILB are crap, The pats have a washed up Bruschi and an unproven guy in Mayo, the Bills have Poz who Harris has played better then and who got hurt. Stats wise and skill wise no one in this division is better unless you want to use Vrabel or AD who are really OLB's playing ILB only out of necessity however this year they are the OLB's

you can say that if you are correct after week one. Right now, everyone has the same record this year. Every player has the same stats this year. Don't come on here and call people stupid. Go home now.

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM

See now you gone and done it. You resorted to direct name calling. I was having fun with you Jetsons, and you know what they say. When a person sitting behind a keyboard starts using names as tactics, it's because he is either getting very frustrated by the other person or he is losing a battle.

I'm done clowning you...

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
you can say that if you are correct after week one. Right now, everyone has the same record this year. Every player has the same stats this year. Don't come on here and call people stupid. Go home now.
your right, so Brady is just as good as Pennington too while were at it right? David Harris> Everyone on the Fins D and every ILB in AFC EAST (*Adalius Thomas and Mike Vrabel not included) , Kerry Rhodes> Everyone on fins D and every DB in AFC EAST.

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Actually you got things backwards. I'm not on another teams board trying to boost up my players. That would be you!

I cannot believe your taking my ranking of Rhodes like it's an insult, and acting like it's the end of the world. I called him a fine safety, and yes there are two other Db's I like (NOW READ THIS NEXT PART CAREFULLY) JUST AS WELL, and one I like BETTER. That makes him a top 2-3 Db in my view, and last time I checked that's a pretty darn good compliment.

Don't go there with the best all around safety in the game either. Now you're definitely making it look like you dont watch other games.

signed:

Ed Reed!
lol Ed Reed is atrocious in the run game and overrated out the ***. Peyton Mnning exposed him as a safety who drops back to far in coverage and gambles too much. Give me Laron Landry over him any day of the week. It actually wasn't me who called Rhodes a great all around safety. Your double talking now, do you have Rhodes as a top 2-3 safety in the NFL or AFC East?

Ozzy
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
lol Ed Reed is atrocious in the run game and overrated out the ***. Peyton Mnning exposed him as a safety who drops back to far in coverage and gambles too much. Give me Laron Landry over him any day of the week. It actually wasn't me who called Rhodes a great all around safety. Your double talking now, do you have Rhodes as a top 2-3 safety in the NFL or AFC East?

Do you hear the crikets chirping?

K-Ro25
09-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Do you hear the crikets chirping?
obviously not if your responded 3 minutes after my post.

1 dol fan
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
wow! i just sat here and read this enitre thread.

Just WOW!

Is it really that big of a deal if someone thinks that a Jets player isn't the best in the AFC east? come on dude!

When you resort to name calling during a debate it really does say a lot about how a person really is. I will not resort to mention what characteristics are involved with that.

"never argue with an idiot. They wlll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
wow! i just sat here and read this enitre thread.

Just WOW!

Is it really that big of a deal if someone thinks that a Jets player isn't the best in the AFC east? come on dude!

When you resort to name calling during a debate it really does say a lot about how a person really is. I will not resort to mention what characteristics are involved with that.

"never argue with an idiot. They wlll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
The guy wants to have a debate yet refuses to provide a single name but instead does this cat and mouse bs game of I know a guy think of him. Then when I try to give possible solutions he just keeps backtracking. That is what warranted name calling, not thinking Rhodes is not the best DB in the AFC East:err:

Dolfan5000
09-04-2008, 12:25 AM
The guy wants to have a debate yet refuses to provide a single name but instead does this cat and mouse bs game of I know a guy think of him. Then when I try to give possible solutions he just keeps backtracking. That is what warranted name calling, not thinking Rhodes is not the best DB in the AFC East:err:
Go cry to someone else. So a Dolphin fan thinks "K-Ro" isn't the best DB in the AFC East. Stop trying to cry out for Rhodes he's a damn good safety and most all of us know that. Jesus you sound like a broken record just stop because nobody wants to argue with you anymore.

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Go cry to someone else. So a Dolphin fan thinks "K-Ro" isn't the best DB in the AFC East. Stop trying to cry out for Rhodes he's a damn good safety and most all of us know that. Jesus you sound like a broken record just stop because nobody wants to argue with you anymore.
then I dont want to hear you guys ***** about me name calling when the guy is acting like a clown. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if I said I would rather have 15 other RB's then Ronnie Brown and refused to name any of them but continued to rant for page after page in multiple threads.

Dolfan5000
09-04-2008, 12:35 AM
then I dont want to hear you guys ***** about me name calling when the guy is acting like a clown. Imagine how ridiculous it would be if I said I would rather have 15 other RB's then Ronnie Brown and refused to name any of them but continued to rant for page after page in multiple threads.
Look, personally I don't care for the name calling. It doesn't bother me at all but you're getting turning this into a thread all about a player you have forum name as. Can't you see where that's just lame?

kingjust30
09-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Kro25 U Are A Sick Clown And So Is Rhodes . Beat It And Go Kick Rocks

Pinkboy
09-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Ricky Williams is going to make that PU$$Y Rhodes look like a little school girl after he throws him a stiff arm on one play and then runs him over on the next play.

Hit the road Rhodes, you're finished.

Dolfan5000
09-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Ricky Williams is going to make that PU$$Y Rhodes look like a little school girl after he throws him a stiff arm on one play and then runs him over on the next play.

Now that's more like it!

And after that Brown's gunna run over him for a TD! :d-day:

Dolfan4life!
09-04-2008, 01:18 AM
If you did this on a jests site, no big deal. You seem to forget you're on a Fins site.

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 01:19 AM

:lol::lol:
You guys dont have a guy on D with half the talent of Rhodes. Rhodes already made Brandon Jacobs his ***** last year. Ricky Williams pales in comparison

Dolfan5000
09-04-2008, 01:38 AM
:lol::lol:
You guys dont have a guy on D with half the talent of Rhodes. Rhodes already made Brandon Jacobs his ***** last year. Ricky Williams pales in comparison
:lol:
If you really think that Ricky is gunna smack the snot of you with a fat dose of reality this weekend.

kingjust30
09-04-2008, 01:45 AM
What Are U Still Doind Here Kro Didnt I Tell U 2 Go Kick Rocks U Clown. Rhodes Is Wak.ill Take 15 Saftys Over Him So Beat It With All This Rhodes Talk .if U Really Want 2 Talk About Him Go Do It On The Jets Site

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 01:51 AM
What Are U Still Doind Here Kro Didnt I Tell U 2 Go Kick Rocks U Clown. Rhodes Is Wak.ill Take 15 Saftys Over Him So Beat It With All This Rhodes Talk .if U Really Want 2 Talk About Him Go Do It On The Jets Site

I didnt know you run things here kingjust;)

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 01:52 AM
:lol:
If you really think that Ricky is gunna smack the snot of you with a fat dose of reality this weekend.
Ricky hasn't trucked anyone in a meaningful game in nearly 3 yrs

Dolfan5000
09-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Well you keep saying that if that's your safety blanket. I guess I'll make it really simple. Ricky is back for the Dolphins and he will make big plays again. I expect a few Sunday. :d-day:

bigbade
09-04-2008, 02:25 AM
:woot:

Less than 24 hours till NFL season :woohoo:

ojmcduffy
09-04-2008, 02:40 AM
hey im sorry your team cant afford their own stadium. take your gangreen self back to jetslove losing.com or, isleepwithmybretfarvefathead.com or whereever it is you all to go when you realize that youre a jets fan and therefore gods lowliest creature.

Locke
09-04-2008, 03:22 AM

Brian Dawkins
Troy Palumalu (sp?)
Roy Williams

Theres 3 I'd take over Rhodes. Granted he is a talented safety, but looking at how you're talking about him and how heated you are about it, I'd say you are either having a homosexual love affair with him, or are Mr. Rhodes himself. Either way, this is a stupid thing to be arguing over......

Phanatical
09-04-2008, 04:18 AM

That will change this Sunday, take that to the bank.

Jesters will start the season 0-3 (lose to Phins, Pats, and then Chargers) take that to the bank too.

John Biello
09-04-2008, 05:27 AM
ronnie ran all over your sorry defense last year, and now we have ricky back as well. have fun watching us ram the ball down the throat of your overpriced defense for 3 hours on sunday.

Canadianfishfan
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Good theing the players are paid to decide the outcomes of games!

Jetsfan0099
09-04-2008, 06:58 AM

signed:

Ed Reed!
Do you even watch games?? All Ed Reed is a ball hawk, he doesn't excel in run support, and he gives up big time plays all the time. Rhodes is a more complete player then Reed.....

Jetsfan0099
09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Brian Dawkins
Troy Palumalu (sp?)
Roy Williams

Theres 3 I'd take over Rhodes. Granted he is a talented safety, but looking at how you're talking about him and how heated you are about it, I'd say you are either having a homosexual love affair with him, or are Mr. Rhodes himself. Either way, this is a stupid thing to be arguing over......
:sidelol:
Dawkins is old, Troy Polumolou is overrated, and Roy Williams sucks at coverage, Rhodes is easily better then all three. Next.

finboss
09-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Ignore button in 5...4....3...2....1 :blowup:

XXXSURTAINXXX
09-04-2008, 07:39 AM

His word is nothing unless it favors the Jets?

Yeah that's the world of a sportsfan. Im the same way. However, we will be issuing a** whoopings to the Jets this Sunday.

Paul Mad ScotPZ
09-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Im sorry , what did the jets win last year...

Oh that's right nothing just like the Dolphins....

Delusion of grandeur are fantastic pre week 1.

We see who's laughing at the end of the season.

You sign a new QB and annoint your team the next coming , at least we keep our expectations in check.

In respect of Rhodes in a year he played one of the worst set of teams in his division in 07 what do you find, his tackles fell.
I think you will find that he has peaked.

nyjunc
09-04-2008, 07:50 AM
There is a video on CBSSportsline where Pete Prisco gives his picks for week 1.

He says Miami is a young feisty group and the game will be played in hot humid weather. He said he feels this way after spending some time during TC/Preseason watching the Dolphins. He said look for the upset this weekend. :up:

Watch the video here:

http://www.sportsline.com/video/player/embed/nfl/b7Rgi_wEzI0eCj20lKcf8wishKCy_D66

I guess Prisco now knows what he's talking about?:lol:

fatkirstyalley
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
That chick is Hot! I could watch that over and over and over again

K-Ro25
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Brian Dawkins
Troy Palumalu (sp?)
Roy Williams

Roy Williams?:shakeno:

Jetsfan0099
09-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Im sorry , what did the jets win last year...

Oh that's right nothing just like the Dolphins....

Delusion of grandeur are fantastic pre week 1.

We see who's laughing at the end of the season.

You sign a new QB and annoint your team the next coming , at least we keep our expectations in check.

In respect of Rhodes in a year he played one of the worst set of teams in his division in 07 what do you find, his tackles fell.
I think you will find that he has peaked.
:unsure: That would mean that the LBs had more tackles where Rhodes wasn't there. Don't see what you are trying to point out.... Again trying to downplay a great player is immature and shows you are only a Dolphins lover, and do not love football at all if you can't even see a great player.

CedarPhin
09-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Prisco hates the Dolphins more. Always has.

He's picked the Jets ahead of the Dolphins in the division..FWIW

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you even watch games?? All Ed Reed is a ball hawk, he doesn't excel in run support, and he gives up big time plays all the time. Rhodes is a more complete player then Reed.....

Seriously man, do you even know what a Free Safety is supposed to do? He is the one who you want to be a ball hawk, and Reed happens to be the absolute best in the league. He can still tackle, but run support is designed to be handled by the STRONG SAFETY!

Rhodes is a fins safety, but he aint no Ed Reed ......

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 02:26 PM

Nothing warrants name calling here and if you keep it up, I'm sure you will find out.

Chubby
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I once ate peanutbutter directly from the jar only using my finger.
Chubbs

nyjunc
09-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Seriously man, do you even know what a Free Safety is supposed to do? He is the one who you want to be a ball hawk, and Reed happens to be the absolute best in the league. He can still tackle, but run support is designed to be handled by the STRONG SAFETY!

Rhodes is a fins safety, but he aint no Ed Reed ......

It's very difficult to judge a position like that unless you watch every play and know what they are responsible for BUT let's look at their #s the last 2 years:

Both started all 32 games.

Reed: 80 solo tackles, 18 assists, 98 total. 17 PDs, 12 INTs, 1 FF, 1 TD, 0 sacks

Rhodes: 126 solos, 39 assists, 165 total. 19 PDs, 9 INTs, 5 FFs, 1 TD, 7 sacks

The only category he leads in is INTs by just 3 and Baltimore has faced 999 pass attempts the last 2 years and sacked the QB 92 times while the Jets D has faced 1002 pass attempts and sacked the QB 64 times. Bal has 28 more sacks the last 2 years, that sure makes life easier on a DB to pick off some balls. Rhodes has been better and one of the best in the NFL the last 2 years.

phinMikeDC
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
That chick is Hot! I could watch that over and over and over again

Is it because her name is "She-hotty"?

SpurzN703
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
obviously not if your responded 3 minutes after my post.

:lol: Owned

Jetsfan0099
09-04-2008, 03:11 PM
It's very difficult to judge a position like that unless you watch every play and know what they are responsible for BUT let's look at their #s the last 2 years:

Reed: 80 solo tackles, 18 assists, 98 total. 17 PDs, 12 INTs, 1 FF, 1 TD, 0 sacks

The only category he leads in is INTs by just 3 and Baltimore has faced 999 pass attempts the last 2 years and sacked the QB 92 times while the Jets D has faced 1002 pass attempts and sacked the QB 64 times. Bal has 28 more sacks the last 2 years, that sure makes life easier on a DB to pick off some balls. Rhodes has been better and one of the best in the NFL the last 2 years.
Dude why try? This guy obviously doesn't watch, if he did he would know Ed Reed is a overrated player. Kerry Rhodes>>>>>>>>Ed Reeds. And Jets fans aren't the only ones that feel this way, I've been on some forums for all nfl team fan bases, and lots of fans that are hard core fans and pay attention to everyone basically feel Rhodes is the best safety in the game, just because how well rounded and how he doesn't have a flaw in his game. I expect another big year from #25. I'm done talking to this Ozzy fellow, he sounds like a troll, either that or else he is completely clueless in the matters of football.

Locke
09-04-2008, 03:37 PM
:sidelol:
Dawkins is old, Troy Polumolou is overrated, and Roy Williams sucks at coverage, Rhodes is easily better then all three. Next.

This is the least intelligent response I've ever received from anyone, period. "Old" is not a valid excuse. Who decided Polumolu is overrated? You did? Stop the presses guys, a random 16 year old called him overrated, so it must be true. Roy Williams may have struggled in coverage last year, but previous to that he was arguably the best all around SS in the league. He is now pissed, and determined to prove people wrong about last year, so I'm confident we'll see the Roy Williams Parcells coached, not the one Wade Phillips had. So, instead of more mindless dribble, care to elaborate intelligently......?

Jetsfan0099
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
This is the least intelligent response I've ever received from anyone, period. "Old" is not a valid excuse. Who decided Polumolu is overrated? You did? Stop the presses guys, a random 16 year old called him overrated, so it must be true. Roy Williams may have struggled in coverage last year, but previous to that he was arguably the best all around SS in the league. He is now pissed, and determined to prove people wrong about last year, so I'm confident we'll see the Roy Williams Parcells coached, not the one Wade Phillips had. So, instead of more mindless dribble, care to elaborate intelligently......?
Brian Dawkins is slowing down, thats what happens when you get old. He had a great career, but its at the time where he is good but isn't dominant anymore.
Troy Polumolu is overrated, he had like 1 good year, then was average the rest. Troy is found out of position tons of times in a game, he was terrible when we played them last year, he would get blown on his *** trying to stop a run play, and he was lost out in coverage, also in other games I've watched of the Steelers, he hasn't been the same player he was for those 1 or 2 years he was deserving of a probowl.
Roy Williams can't cover for anything, my brother even admits it and hes a Cowboys fan.... He is a liability in coverage, hes great for run support, but can't cover down field, and its been proven even with Parcells as the HC, one game that still sticks in my head was that game where Santana Moss blew past him like 2 times and the Redskins ended up beating the Cowboys from behind.
These 3 players are not better then Rhodes, I know you hate the guy hes in your division, but whats amusing is how you guys can try and bring down a great player.... Oh and FYI, I'm not 16..... :lol:

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 03:52 PM

You forgot the all important catagory. The fact that the Jetsons were ran all over on. The defensive line sucked for them last year. When you see a FREE SAFETY with that many tackles, you know exactly why!! He is the last line of defense. You don't have to watch every single play to know that. Unless of course, the D-line stinks and gets run on at an average of 135 yds a game.

The Ravens Defense has players that play well. They trust one another and hold their responsibilities, and it shows when you look at individual statistics.

The Jetsons D-line was so pourous that the freaking Free Safety had to tackle on almost every play. I give Harris a lot of credit because he is supposed to be the run stopper, and in a short ammount of time, he made a lot of plays, but you watch. IF the D-line makes a lot of improvements, you'll see Rhodes tackles decline by a ton, and Harris' will to an extent.

SpurzN703
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Actually according to Yahoo:

Rhodes: 128 solos, 39 assists, 23 PDs, 9 INTs, 5 FFs, 1 TD, 7 sacks
Reed: 81 solos, 18 assists, 22 PDs, 12 INTs, 1 FF, 1 TD, 0 sacks

Statistically it looks like Rhodes will finish with better numbers then Reed. Reed has 370 total tackles through 90 career games, Rhodes has 273 through 48 career games.

Reed has a lot more TDs but Rhodes already has more sacks then Reed, in 32 less games. Reed has 45 more PDs then Rhodes does but that's only because he's 4 years older.

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Dude why try? This guy obviously doesn't watch, if he did he would know Ed Reed is a overrated player. Kerry Rhodes>>>>>>>>Ed Reeds. And Jets fans aren't the only ones that feel this way, I've been on some forums for all nfl team fan bases, and lots of fans that are hard core fans and pay attention to everyone basically feel Rhodes is the best safety in the game, just because how well rounded and how he doesn't have a flaw in his game. I expect another big year from #25. I'm done talking to this Ozzy fellow, he sounds like a troll, either that or else he is completely clueless in the matters of football.

Oh yeah, I'm the troll!! You do realize that you're the one who TROLLED over to this board right? You just admitted that you troll from fan board to fan board.

JetsmosttalentedJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetscantbebeatJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsdontsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJ etsJetsJetsJetsJetsJ talkaboutmyjetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsyourteamcantbebetterthantheJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJetsJets

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Actually according to Yahoo:

Rhodes: 128 solos, 39 assists, 23 PDs, 9 INTs, 5 FFs, 1 TD, 7 sacks
Reed: 81 solos, 18 assists, 22 PDs, 12 INTs, 1 FF, 1 TD, 0 sacks

Statistically it looks like Rhodes will finish with better numbers then Reed. Reed has 370 total tackles through 90 career games, Rhodes has 273 through 48 career games.

Reed has a lot more TDs but Rhodes already has more sacks then Reed, in 32 less games. Reed has 45 more PDs then Rhodes does but that's only because he's 4 years older.

Reed also plays on a more complete defense. His numbers are what they should be, because other players on that defense actually play defense.

Jets81
09-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Decent amount of writers picking the Phins. I think it's the in thing to do right now. It'll be a better story for all these hacks if the Jets crash and burn this season as opposed to making the playoffs.

SpurzN703
09-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Reed also plays on a more complete defense. His numbers are what they should be, because other players on that defense actually play defense.

Can't both guys just be labeled as good players? It's always 'our guy is better' around here.

Ozzy
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Can't both guys just be labeled as good players? It's always 'our guy is better' around here.

Where did I ever say they were not talented and good players? If you follow what I've said in two threads now, I said almost exactly what you just wrote except I never mentioned OUR guys as better!!

Why did it matter so much to them because I said, I'd take another player, possibly two, over a player on their team? A player on their team I might add, that I gave nothing but praise to.....

Because unless they came here to talk smack, it should not have mattered and my comments about some of their players should have been considered a compliment!!!!!