PDA

View Full Version : Dick Gephardt Absent 90% of Time

Muck
09-12-2003, 04:58 PM
That's right, Dick Gephardt only made 10% of House roll calls. And he thinks he'd make a good president?? What a jerk. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cong12.html)

mf52dolphin
09-12-2003, 05:58 PM
A complete understatement there Muck, concerning Mr Gephart's non-abilitues.
Anyway Ggephart was part of what I consider the most disgusting sports related photo I've seen. On the tragic day when the Rams abandoned Sothern California for St Louis, Gephart and the man I despise the most of anyone in sports, Rams President/General Manager, John Shaw were both grinning about the hijacking of team I grew up with.
Any man that works in partnership with a delusional woman and a dishonest henchman in stealing a beloved team, is unqualified to be even a dog catcher, much less a president.

Muck
09-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Isn't he also the guy that doesn't nothing but insult the president?? I don't pay too much attention to politics yet. So forgive me if I'm ignorant. He just seems like a politician in this worst kind of way.

Dolfan02
09-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Isn't he also the guy that doesn't nothing but insult the president?? I don't pay too much attention to politics yet. So forgive me if I'm ignorant. He just seems like a politician in this worst kind of way.

Yes, that is true. And also, don't forget all democratic presidential candidates were bashing on Bush. They stopped when their own supporters were saying enough is enough. There was a website that the democrats made that had a short cartoon of George W Bush as Frakenstein in the white house, but I can't find it now. IMO, it has gotten real ugly in Washington, I don't even want to think what political battles will look like 20 years from now.

Muck
09-13-2003, 04:43 PM
It is indeed a joke. Today's candidates rarely stand for anything. They don't offer any original thought or stance. They just bash and mock their opponent. There isn't enough substance out there nowdays. Heck, our last FLA gubernatorial race was a perfect example. All Buddy McKay did was bash Jeb Bush. He never let us know what he stood for or how he felt about a topic. He just bashed his opponent. And I like to think that's a big reason why he lost.

It's the reason why Jesse Ventura won in Minnesota.....because people are just fed up with typical politicians. He didn't worry about posture and trying to appear to please everyone. He's a smart guy with a backbone. A man of conviction. And that's why he shredded his opponents in debates.

iceblizzard69
09-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mf52dolphin
A complete understatement there Muck, concerning Mr Gephart's non-abilitues.
Anyway Ggephart was part of what I consider the most disgusting sports related photo I've seen. On the tragic day when the Rams abandoned Sothern California for St Louis, Gephart and the man I despise the most of anyone in sports, Rams President/General Manager, John Shaw were both grinning about the hijacking of team I grew up with.
Any man that works in partnership with a delusional woman and a dishonest henchman in stealing a beloved team, is unqualified to be even a dog catcher, much less a president.

But look at the bright side, you are a Dolphins fan because of it.

mf52dolphin
09-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

But look at the bright side, you are a Dolphins fan because of it.

WRONG!

I became a Dolphin fan long before that(like 17 years earlier).

I kept the Rams as my favorite NFC team, until they abandoned me. For 2 years after that I had the Yucs as my favorite NFC team until they changed the colors. After abandoning the orange for red and pewter I could not support the Yucs.

DeDolfan
09-17-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Muck
That's right, Dick Gephardt only made 10% of House roll calls. And he thinks he'd make a good president?? What a jerk. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cong12.html)

geppy ought to do the Dems a favor and just drop out. Of everything! I'm a dem myself and he'd be the last one I would vote for for anything. I've never been real high on W but if need be and it was W and geppy in the general; election, I would vote W if to only to try and keep Geppy out.

Barbarian
09-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by DeDolfan

geppy ought to do the Dems a favor and just drop out. Of everything! I'm a dem myself and he'd be the last one I would vote for for anything. I've never been real high on W but if need be and it was W and geppy in the general; election, I would vote W if to only to try and keep Geppy out.

Well, on the bright side, at least now with General Clark running the Democrats actually have somebody worth voting for running against the Shrub.

M-REAL
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
What does everyone think about Kerry? I mean, he seems like he's got some guts but there's something Bushy about him. Lieberman, man forget him. I might vote for that family guy, forgot his name. Dick, well, he's a clown in my book and won't last long as a canidate,IMO.

KYPhinFan
10-14-2003, 04:27 AM
If you watch the Democratic presidential debates, they usually get around to answering the questions asked of them but before that they point out something wrong that Dubya has one in regards to the topic of the question.

I think all of the 9 stooges are pathetic and I would MUCH rather see Dubya in the White House for 4 more years than any of these losers. If I wanted somebody who was going to whine and complain and make fun all the time, I'd elect a Jills fan to the White House.

Barbarian
10-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by M-REAL
What does everyone think about Kerry? I mean, he seems like he's got some guts but there's something Bushy about him. Lieberman, man forget him. I might vote for that family guy, forgot his name. Dick, well, he's a clown in my book and won't last long as a canidate,IMO.

Personally, I think he's a tool, the only Candidate I have seen from either party that is running that seems to be worth a damn is General Clark.

So far, he's got my hanging chad.