PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

mmitro55
09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Let it be known first of all that I am a libertarian, and really do not like either candidate. But when I read through a lot of the posts, all I see are comments bashing stuff along the line of Palin's inexperience and so on. Being someone who is fairly neutral and is looking at this race as unbiased as possible, I just want to know how Obama is qualified to be president when his experience does not compare to that of Palin. The other thing I really want to know is, what does Obama plan to change? I keep hearing this thrown around, yet no one has an answer to what he will do. The only thing I know that he will change is raise taxes. Don't get me wrong the repubs are now throwing the term change around, but they are actually talking about stuff they are going to change. (drilling for our own oil, etc..) Enlighten me.

FinFatale
09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Let it be known first of all that I am a libertarian, and really do not like either candidate. But when I read through a lot of the posts, all I see are comments bashing stuff along the line of Palin's inexperience and so on. Being someone who is fairly neutral and is looking at this race as unbiased as possible, I just want to know how Obama is qualified to be president when his experience does not compare to that of Palin. The other thing I really want to know is, what does Obama plan to change? I keep hearing this thrown around, yet no one has an answer to what he will do. The only thing I know that he will change is raise taxes. Don't get me wrong the repubs are now throwing the term change around, but they are actually talking about stuff they are going to change. (drilling for our own oil, etc..) Enlighten me.

I am wondering many of the same things and I am hoping that Senator Obama will provide some answers in the debates.

Ferretsquig
09-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The only thing I know that he will change is raise taxes. Don't get me wrong the repubs are now throwing the term change around, but they are actually talking about stuff they are going to change. (drilling for our own oil, etc..) Enlighten me.

Enlighten your own self.... It may be a shock to you in this day in age, but each candidate has a thing called a web site, on which they list their proposals. Whether you choose to believe these or not is entirely up to you, but surely you trust your own analytical ability over that of random internet posters in a sports forum. If you don't and you're a voter.....well I can't say I'd be surprised....but nonetheless it still would be quite depressing.

Gardenhead
09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Enlighten your own self.... It may be a shock to you in this day in age, but each candidate has a thing called a web site, on which they list their proposals. Whether you choose to believe these or not is entirely up to you, but surely you trust your own analytical ability over that of random internet posters in a sports forum. If you don't and you're a voter.....well I can't say I'd be surprised....but nonetheless it still would be quite depressing.

Thank you! I'm so sick of all these people asking what Obama means by "Change" and claiming he's nothing but an excellent orator.

Both candidates' websites have their views on all of the major issues and how they plan to "change" the status quo.

FinFatale
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I haven't seen anywhere in any of these threads that everyone that posts here or comes to exchange banter about their favorite politian or just to discuss today's issues at hand rely on this forum soley for their voting information........did I miss something ?????? Infact the thread's poster is participating in this forum as we are all entitled to do..and has obviously done their own research on some subjects and to me was just looking to discuss other's point of view on the topic. I welcome the discussion and often found many informative posts in this forum that have caused me to delve further into topics but then again I am do not have my head up any candidates.........ask me no questions........lol lol

ohall
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you! I'm so sick of all these people asking what Obama means by "Change" and claiming he's nothing but an excellent orator.

Both candidates' websites have their views on all of the major issues and how they plan to "change" the status quo.

I'm sorry for an IGNORANT REP like myself what exactly is the change he's bringing? Is Biden that change? Is his flip flopping for political gain on FISA that change? Is it his constant need to play the race card that change? Is it his flip flop on taking public financing that change? Is it his ties to a domestic terrorist that change? Is his association with a convicted felon that helped him to buy his home that change?

A new type of politician = more of the same.

Ferretsquig
09-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I haven't seen anywhere in any of these threads that everyone that posts here or comes to exchange banter about their favorite politian or just to discuss today's issues at hand rely on this forum soley for their voting information........did I miss something ??????

Yes, a presidential election.....

FinFatale
09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes, a presidential election.....

HMMMMM THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, WHEN I WILL BE VOTING FOR MY CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT ISN'T UNTIL NOVEMBER 2008, JUST WHICH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION ARE YOU REFERRING TO WHEN YOU SAY I MISSED ONE??????????????????????????????

BlueFin
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry for an IGNORANT REP like myself what exactly is the change he's bringing? Is Biden that change? Is his flip flopping for political gain on FISA that change? Is it his constant need to play the race card that change? Is it his flip flop on taking public financing that change? Is it his ties to a domestic terrorist that change? Is his association with a convicted felon that helped him to buy his home that change?

A new type of politician = more of the same.

Or, is it the total lack of change Obama brought to the corrupt Chicago politics scene?

I always say history is the best indicator of a person's intentions, Barack changed nothing during his time in Chicago (unless you count signing his voters up so they could vote for him?).

McCain for example, has bucked his own party on certain issues and shown an ability to get things done bi-partisan.

Palin went after her own party and corruption in Alaska, getting new laws in place in the process.

I'm sorry, the change ticket in this election is on the republican side between these two major parties. I am also a libertarian, but obviously we are too small a number to have a chance.

Obama is far left and an extremist, McCain is a more moderate and more to the center.

phinfan3411
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Or, is it the total lack of change Obama brought to the corrupt Chicago politics scene?

I always say history is the best indicator of a person's intentions, Barack changed nothing during his time in Chicago (unless you count signing his voters up so they could vote for him?).

McCain for example, has bucked his own party on certain issues and shown an ability to get things done bi-partisan.

Palin went after her own party and corruption in Alaska, getting new laws in place in the process.

I'm sorry, the change ticket in this election is on the republican side between these two major parties. I am also a libertarian, but obviously we are too small a number to have a chance.

Obama is far left and an extremist, McCain is a more moderate and more to the center.

Hmmm signing up voters.........oh, you mean his work as a "COMMUNITY ORGANIZER", i'm sorry, i'm a little slow, you know, being one of those conservatives that actually thinks Palin would be GOOD for the country.