PDA

View Full Version : Edit: OMG Fake Fin Fans...

MartinTheSNAKE
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
We played a very good team today...The Jets are much improved, they have a pretty good defense to go along with a very good offense...their offensive line is great (yet we were still able to put pressure on Brett Favre...) Definatly a positive

Favre is a top 5 QB of all time, he has 2 good recievers to throw to as well and good TE's

The dolphins are a very young team and inexperienced, i think we played great...AND ALMOST CAME OUT WITH A VICTORY

Now..i do believe we had a few bad calls go against us

The Pass interference that was called on Andre
The pass interference that wasnt called on Lowry on Bess (you cant stop a recievers forward progress)
Starks looked like he was held on that 4rth and 13th TD pass.

Just a few

Also...ENOUGH WITH THE TEDD GINN IS A BUST HE SUCKS, HE SHOULD DIE BULL****....HE WAS GOIN UP AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST YOUNG CORNER BACKS IN THE LEAGUE.

Revis is a very good Corner, and will probably be a pro bowler this season.

First game of the season, i am ready to call this a Victory ( i cant think of the term...but when you lose and your team gets confidence or whatnot..i duno at a blank)

Anyways, ya...for all the fake fin fans who are already jumping on the Team...just GTFOH and stop posting, we dont need your negativity.

KingNick88
09-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Agreed. Some of the fans on this board are truly embarrassing. I feel ashamed to have fans like that.

dolphinator86
09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree we played hard and went at it with everything we had and made mistakes and STILL had a chance to win.....I saw alot of OH HERE WE GO AGAIN and 0-16 get off this ****ING forum. We played our hearts out and left nothing out there.

as for Ginn they had reeves on him and a safety overtop so he was double covered ALL game.

Now we are going to go play a team that has no defense and no pass rush look for what we did in the forth for the whole game.

For a first game for that many rookies and new players we played extremely well we can build on this and will get better each and every day from here on out. i saw fire and passion and a team that can win games and will win games

SpaceMountain16
09-07-2008, 04:51 PM
The Jets are NOT a very good team

and neither are we

Phinsfan210
09-07-2008, 04:55 PM

and neither are we

And your not a very good fan

SigmaOmega
09-07-2008, 04:58 PM
The whole ballgame can be defined as the dolphins have no WR's that can seperate....

EvilDylan
09-07-2008, 04:58 PM
LMAO @ the tags for this thread.

Sean
09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I agree. Our team looked nice today, but we need to eliminate the stupid mistakes, but we are young it is bound to happen. But yes, the refs did make horrid calls today like that Roughing on Favre, what is Roth supposed to do? He thought he had the ball and Favre did that all the time in GB. That Goodman interference= BS and that 3rd and long it was a delay of game, but somehow he gets it to Stuckey and completes it for 15...

JT-forpresident
09-07-2008, 05:03 PM
LMAO @ the tags for this thread.

hhaha true

bigchub22
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
yep I agree with ya

JT-forpresident
09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
seriously, i was satisfied... unlucky breaks on us and a slllllllooooooooooowwwww start for our offence... if the offence can get into rhytmn from the first drive next week, we'll kill the cards for sure, our players must be fired up to have lost that one

NBP81
09-07-2008, 05:05 PM
All I wanted was a good game and I got one... People bitching are the same people that predicted a 4-12 season for the fins... And the opener wasnt a W in their genius schedule they posted so...

bigchub22
09-07-2008, 05:06 PM
i especially agree with that PI called on goodman that would have killed that drive that turned into a TD they can call that but cant call it when bess could no longer go forward

ZachThomas76
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM

why isnt he a good fan? because he speaks the truth and you dont like it? all the people getting all pissed on here today are some of the same retards who honestly thought the Phins could contend for a playoff spot. reality is a ***** for some.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
negativity = not a real fan

got it. i'll jot that down.

slackman9
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I agree we played hard and went at it with everything we had and made mistakes and STILL had a chance to win.....I saw alot of OH HERE WE GO AGAIN and 0-16 get off this ****ING forum. We played our hearts out and left nothing out there.

as for Ginn they had reeves on him and a safety overtop so he was double covered ALL game.

Now we are going to go play a team that has no defense and no pass rush look for what we did in the forth for the whole game.

For a first game for that many rookies and new players we played extremely well we can build on this and will get better each and every day from here on out. i saw fire and passion and a team that can win games and will win games

Ginn was not being double covered, Reevis punked him the whole game. Ginn will get punked by alot of corners in this league, and people on this board will keep making excuses for him(he was double covered, not. quarterback wasn't good enough ect...)

Troyd92
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Ginn was not being double covered, Reevis punked him the whole game. Ginn will get punked by alot of corners in this league, and people on this board will keep making excuses for him(he was double covered, not. quarterback wasn't good enough ect...)

How do you know he will continually get beat? I'm not saying your wrong but some of you are unbelievable wait until we play at least half of our games before jumping to conclusions.

SigmaOmega
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Ginn is a slot receiver for posts and flies..not an X or a Y Receiver that people make him out to be

slackman9
09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
How do you know he will continually get beat? I'm not saying your wrong but some of you are unbelievable wait until we play at least half of our games before jumping to conclusions.

Because i've seen him play since he was in college, he's never been a good #1 receiver, but an excellent return man. He's suppose to be a playmaker, but he's not making plays. I've been preaching this guy sucks ever since we drafted him, and people bash me, just keep bashing me, while Ginn keeps sucking.

dolfan19
09-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Maybe you were looking for the term moral victory, and I agree. These "the sky is falling" threads are a little premature. I know everyone here is passionate about our Fins, but try to be a little reasonable. We have a very young, very inexperienced team. But we have alot of upside on this team.

As for my take on today...

O-Line - because they are the most important part of the team...Jake took a couple of penalties, but truthully, the tripping call would have been a sack, and I'd rather see a penalty then a sack-and-fumble. The holding penalty looked like he moved over to catch the left guard's man at the last second, and again prevented what could have been a sack. The O-line still has to gel a little, and over the course of a season, I think they will improve greatly. I would like to see alot more ferocity on the run-blocking, which I thought was a little weak today - at least compared to preseason. And truthfully, pass blocking wasn't very good today. Chad needs more time. We got to see what he can do when he gets that time in the fourth quarter. He can pick Defenses apart. It'd be nice to have that more than one quarter.

Game-planning - I would have like to see a little more play-action, especially on the 3rd and 4th down we got stuffed on at the endzone. I think playaction might have opened somebody, maybe a TE, in the endzone.

As far as the passing game, I think Chad was a little nervous to start, and got more comfortable as the game progressed. I liked Camarillo, thought Bess had a few very good plays, and Ginn wasn't too bad. And like you said above, he was facing a very good corner. Ernest Wilford - did you make the trip today? I don't even know if he was activated for the game. He sure as hell wasn't on the field, and we could use his body in the endzone...Fasano look great today, and the way Chad like to throw the short ball - coupled with a slightly weak receiving corps - he could have a breakout year. However, I think until some of these receivers start to get open, the running game is going to suffer. People know Chad's style of play, and eight in the box will be a regularity against us until we make someone pay for it.

The running game seemed to disappear a little earlier than I would have liked, at least from a productivity standpoint. I know we were playing catch-up, but it could have helped out on some playaction plays. And I think we all expected to see alot more of R&R than we got treated to today.

Defense played reasonably well. The Jets scored only once out their first 3 RedZone possessions, which is very good - even if part of the reason was a gimpy kicker. The defensive backfield seems like it will be a sore spot again this year, at least from today's action. Crocker mised a pretty big open-field tackle. Hopefully the DB's will improve as the year goes on. Hell, the were playing against Brett Favre.

Coaching - I didn't see a ton to remind me of Cam Cameron, and that's good. We need to get plays off faster, though. I don't know if that's due to Chad, Sparano, or Henning, but it cost us in the end. We sure could have used those Timouts.

Miscellaneous -

Officiating was atrocious. I know the coaches can't say it, but I will...which of those jackasses was on the Jets payroll?

Bill didn't show a whole lot of emotion in the box, even though they showed hime about ten times during the broadcast. And he had some pretty cool "Neo, I am the One" shades. :mor911:

Oh, and I kinda wish that the entire NFL and media would get off Brett's jock. I've seen and heard more about Brett than I can truly stand. Don't get me wrong - he's a great player. But let's stop drinking the Brett Favre Kool-Aid. :koolbang: Maybe someone else in the NFL can get some media attention after today.

Lastly, I love the Sunday ticket, the Redzone Channel, the Game Mix, and anything in Hi-Definition. I don't know if I'll ever be able to live without it again...

JCfinfan
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Agreed. Some of the fans on this board are truly embarrassing. I feel ashamed to have fans like that.

I couldn't agree more, there are some real idiots that call themselves Fin fans.

MartinTheSNAKE
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM

and neither are we

Then why are you posting here?

WHy are you even a fan?

If all your going to do is be negative, whats the point in even watching the games...i mean the team sucks dude...just become a Patriots fan or something, then u and the rest of the people on this board can stop bitching.

I can understand if there was a reason to ***** about, but there really wasnt...we played a good hard game, whether we break .500 this season or not is not the case, save the team bashing till week 5 or 6 or so...no point giving up hope after the first game of the season.

MIAphins2323
09-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I totally agree with the OP.

Miami played a tough game and played well, we already look much improved over what we were last season. Cant wait for our next game!!!

nephinsfan
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM

You did'nt know? If you do not agree with the masses here on phinheaven, you are not a good fan. If you speak the truth about where this team is, you are not a good fan,

Geez man, where have you been?

SpaceMountain16
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM

And your opinion does NOT matter to me.

newlife2788
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Im sick of these fans also! AHHH its annoying its one game!!! We are in the middle of a new coaching staff, and almost a whole new team I love what we are doing.

SpaceMountain16
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Then why are you posting here?

WHy are you even a fan?

If all your going to do is be negative, whats the point in even watching the games...i mean the team sucks dude...just become a Patriots fan or something, then u and the rest of the people on this board can stop bitching.

I can understand if there was a reason to ***** about, but there really wasnt...we played a good hard game, whether we break .500 this season or not is not the case, save the team bashing till week 5 or 6 or so...no point giving up hope after the first game of the season.

Sorry.....

WE'RE A GREAT TEAM

WE'RE GOING 18-1 TODAY WAS A FLUKE

MartinTheSNAKE
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
You did'nt know? If you do not agree with the masses here on phinheaven, you are not a good fan. If you speak the truth about where this team is, you are not a good fan,

Geez man, where have you been?

Ya?

I bet if we would of won the game, you and the rest of the whiney so called "fans" would be talkin a bunch of **** to the jets fans and predecting a playoff run.

I also bet, if we go on a winning streak, you and ther est of the negative "fans" will change your point of view completely.

there is a differnce between speaking the truth about a team, and finding reasons to bash a team.

Now im not saying we are a playoff team or a great team yet, but we shouldnt be throwing our seasons hopes away after one frickin game...expecially since we played pretty well and we already look MUCH better then we did last season

DieHardPhin
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I think I feel as good as I can about a loss. They started out slow which was frustrating but our guys showed some serious guts in this game. In the end of the 4th quarter, Chad made me feel this team could really do it! I haven't felt this in a long while and really gives me hope. After the first game in the preseason, they corrected a lot of mistakes and really improved and I am looking forward to the same thing from this game. Fix the mistakes and move forward!:up:

Roman529
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
It just seems like year after year we rarely win the close ones. When we had a shot in the last two minutes to score and win it by one, we just didn't get it done. Good teams figure out ways to win these games. I just feel frustrated more than anything else.

nephinsfan
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Ya?

I bet if we would of won the game, you and the rest of the whiney so called "fans" would be talkin a bunch of **** to the jets fans and predecting a playoff run.

I also bet, if we go on a winning streak, you and ther est of the negative "fans" will change your point of view completely.

there is a differnce between speaking the truth about a team, and finding reasons to bash a team.

Now im not saying we are a playoff team or a great team yet, but we shouldnt be throwing our seasons hopes away after one frickin game...expecially since we played pretty well and we already look MUCH better then we did last season

Actually, that is where you are wrong. I will still talk smack to the jets fans and the pats fans and the bills fans...just like i have for the last 27 years, and I will never stop doing that. Predict a playoff run.....not for a long time. Talk smack, ALWAYS.

I am not "bashing" anyone, I am calling it as I see it. If we go on a winning streak I will be ecstatic, Just like everyone else on this site. Will I be talking SB? not exactly.

Flip Tanneflop
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Revis is a beast. I wanted to be in position to draft him the year before last.

But, come on. While some fans are being ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with WANTING to win and not accepting losing.

Yes, we do seem much improved and lost to a pretty good team, but we couldve easily won that game had we not made a few critical mistakes.

If people want to complain about those they should feel free to.

Any number of about 4 or 5 plays, 4 or 5 big mistakes, 1 or 2 bad calls by the refs, and about 4 key aspects of the game(OL was bad, no consistant run game, WRs were bad, ST was bad), couldve made the difference in us winning.

miamiron
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Ginn is a slot receiver for posts and flies..not an X or a Y Receiver that people make him out to be
and has NO ability in the red zone
Just go back and look at his red zone production in college

MartinTheSNAKE
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM

But, come on. While some fans are being ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with WANTING to win and not accepting losing.

Yes, we do seem much improved and lost to a pretty good team, but we couldve easily won that game had we not made a few critical mistakes.

Any number of about 4 or 5 plays, 4 or 5 big mistakes, 1 or 2 bad calls by the refs, and about 4 key aspects of the game(OL was bad, no consistant run game, WRs were bad, ST was bad), couldve made the difference in us winning.

Exactly, and its not like we cant fix these mistakes throughout the season.

we cant help the refs making bad calls, we can fix the little mental lapses that we had though.

Im not impressed with Fields though, he kicks far, but all line drives and allowed the PR to get like an average of 15 yards per punt. The Jets had good field possesion almot more often then not.

This is a young team, they will make mistakes. It is our Coaching staff's job to work with them and make sure the mistakes dont keep happining, we are a season or 2 away from being a very good team again IMO...and as of right now...i dont think we are as bad as some of the people are saying.

SpaceMountain16
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
The Dolphins didn't lose today because of the officials.....people need to stop saying that. The officials did not have a great today. This is pretty clear. But like WV stated in his post there were MANY other reasons that the Dolphins lost today ahead of the officiating today. The biggest reasons stemming from SELF INFLICTED damage.

Kadiddlehopper
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Even our corners could cover guys when you know the QB isn't going deep and just throwing dink offs. I'm sorry, but the QB some claim to be the best since DM left, looks like the same old same old to me.

Greatness920
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
adds to the tally of game slost by 6 or less tho we gotta start winning these games little more push 2 yards into the endzone and we had this one!! gotta delvier gotta execute we will get it down didnt see the game but i hear things

Dr. Phin
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
The whole ballgame can be defined as the dolphins have no WR's that can seperate....

I think the pressure we were getting due to blown assignments had more to do with the passing problems. That being said, I believe it is obvious to all that our current receivers are not our future going forward. Ginn possibly...but I feel confident that we will be spending several picks next year on receivers (DB's too..) I would only look at the players we believe will be the future base of this franchise. Those players I believe gave a strong accounting of themselves...the future looks bright...just got to deal with the here and now....

finjim
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I think the playcalling was very suspect, I hope Bill has a talk with Sparano about it. I mean 3rd and goal from the 2, you have Ronnie and Ricky...

And you pass twice????

Terrible. We should have kicked the FG there, we would have tied at the end of regulation and take a shot in OT.

Oh well, as a whole I thought they played pretty well, had some mistakes and those cost us.

finz810
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree, I will say though Pennington did throw some stupid passes in the beginning but he relaxed and slowed down the game later on.
We did play hard and I feel we have a much stronger team then last yr.

Our offensive line does need to work on opening some wholes for RBs too but we r a young team. I have nothing to complain about , we played a good game

MartinTheSNAKE
09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I think the playcalling was very suspect, I hope Bill has a talk with Sparano about it. I mean 3rd and goal from the 2, you have Ronnie and Ricky...

And you pass twice????

Terrible. We should have kicked the FG there, we would have tied at the end of regulation and take a shot in OT.

Oh well, as a whole I thought they played pretty well, had some mistakes and those cost us.

how do u know we would of tied the game? there is a big differnce from starting from the 2 yard line, and starting from your 20 or 30

endorPHINS72
09-07-2008, 07:51 PM

There's a big difference - look at some of these thread titles on Finheaven - "Ronnie Brown sucked", "Sporano is an idiot", etc. Negativity is ok, but to be that ignorantly negative on opening day is stupid.

MadDog 88
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
We played a very good team today...The Jets are much improved, they have a pretty good defense to go along with a very good offense...their offensive line is great (yet we were still able to put pressure on Brett Favre...) Definatly a positive

Favre is a top 5 QB of all time, he has 2 good recievers to throw to as well and good TE's

The dolphins are a very young team and inexperienced, i think we played great...AND ALMOST CAME OUT WITH A VICTORY

The pass interference that wasnt called on Lowry on Bess (you cant stop a recievers forward progress)

Just a few

Also...ENOUGH WITH THE TEDD GINN IS A BUST HE SUCKS, HE SHOULD DIE BULL****....HE WAS GOIN UP AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST YOUNG CORNER BACKS IN THE LEAGUE.

First game of the season, i am ready to call this a Victory ( i cant think of the term...but when you lose and your team gets confidence or whatnot..i duno at a blank)

Anyways, ya...for all the fake fin fans who are already jumping on the Team...just GTFOH and stop posting, we dont need your negativity.

I believe the term you are looking for is moral victory and yes, I agree that we got one. A lot of us fans just got brought back to reality. It was easy to get caught up in the hype during preseason but it got carried away with thoughts of the playoffs in our heads.

IMO what we saw was a young team that needs to learn how to play together and then win. For God sakes, 2 rookies and a second year man starting on the OL. A rookie starting on the DL (and he got a sack). Matt Roth just got moved back to LB and did pretty damn good. Gholston made the same move and I don't believe I saw him on the field.

Remember, this is a work in progress. There going to make mistakes throughout the season. Wins and loses should not be the determining factor for this season, it should be FUNDAMENTALS and FOUNDATION. I was very pleased with what I saw. There is a new attitude out there and they will only get better as the season goes along. :up:

Zandimd
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
im somewhat of a negative fan for all teams i follow just because im always expecting more....just disapointed i guess i wanted the win today and we didnt get it done, but i did see some plus's such as.......the defense overall played a good games against a good offense the 4th down td throw from favre was luck, but it did happen....porter, roth, will allen, and langford i thought had good games.... a lot of mistakes i know its a younger team, but i still dont like to see it.....the game didnt play out like i thought it would i thought the phins gave up on the running game too early......pennington looked realy good....i just dont get the toss up to ginn at the end...imo ginn is terrible i didnt see too much double team on him through the game, and he looked terrible on st's....just my take on the game im excited for next week against the cards :up:

Buzz
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Just a few

one of the better posts ive read on this site

Pancaked
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
lol @ the Tags

Gotta agree with the TC tho, people are seriously overreacting way too much.

its only 1 loss

Bill C
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Good God - the homerish Kool-Ade swilling continues. We were a horrible team last year that is completely rebuilding, so the expectations are not all that great for this season. So, with those objective glasses on, we looked OK. However, we made a ton of mistakes that indicate a lack of discipline and understanding. Those are correctable - which is good.

As for Ginn, he was owned by Revis - for those keeping track - that's the #9 pick getting slapped down by the #14 pick of the same draft. And for the most part - Ginn was single covered today. Ginn is NOT a #1 WR no matter how much people want him to be. He runs horrid routes - yes - he did it today as well running outside of the DB instead of inside of him. That indicates a lack of ability to read a defense - something a #1 WR MUST DO. Am I calling Ginn a bust? NO. But I am calling him what he is - a slot WR - which means we still need a #1.

I agree with most observations about the offense, but my biggest concerns are on the defensive side of the ball. For the most part we look to be improved, but our secondary is still a glaring weakness. For the life of me, I can't figure out why coaches do not bring in better talent here. We were pretty soft against the run and we were soft on 3rd downs - again. Also - Roth does not look fast enough to play on the outside. Yes - he got Favre (a 38 year old non-mobile QB) a few times today, but he gave up the edge and was not fast enough to recover it. He was getting reach blocked all day.

On the positive side of things - the other pickups in the front 7 all looked good: Ferguson, Ayodele, Langford!!!!!!, Merling, etc.

We are very young and we WILL get better.

dolfan94
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Couldn't agree more with this post

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM

and neither are we

They did improve though. Their defense is a lot better but I'm not one bit sold on their offense.

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM

Ginn had a Safety over the top of him almost the entire game!!!

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Sorry.....

WE'RE A GREAT TEAM

WE'RE GOING 18-1 TODAY WAS A FLUKE

Hey if we go 18-1 from here it would be sweet to show the Patsies how to get that record and a trophy....

Spiff
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM

Just a few

It still stucks being a Dolphins fan. It felt like a 2007 flashback.

The stupid penalties are still there, allowing big play after big play (4th and 13 = TD. WTF?), a dreadful kicking game, the pass protection is not there, receivers aren't either, the run game is worse than last year, Sparano looked as clueless as Cam. Two passes on 3rd and goal at the 2 and 4th and goal? Two stupid timeouts in the 2nd half. Come on......
Who was the most accurate passer in nfl history supposed to be? Hopefully not the one wearing #10 on the Dolphins. 3rd & long sounds familiar? Well, we better get used it - again this season.

After one game our 1st rd pick has as many holding penalties as in his entire college career, the 3rd down defense is as awful as ever and although they don't have a kicker we can't even win the game? And not to mention the worst execution of a flea flicker I have ever seen.

I'm tired of hearing excuses. This team is still downright bad. Is it even better than last year's team? I am not so sure.

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 10:00 PM

To be able to win you must accept losing because you absolutely cannot win them all. To be able to accept losing and learn from it, is what creates winning. That and better talent in certain areas.

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
The Dolphins didn't lose today because of the officials.....people need to stop saying that. The officials did not have a great today. This is pretty clear. But like WV stated in his post there were MANY other reasons that the Dolphins lost today ahead of the officiating today. The biggest reasons stemming from SELF INFLICTED damage.

The officials absolutely did not help the Miami Dolphins today, and in a few cases, they actually helped the Jets, and help them keep a couple of drives going. One ending up with points!

Sure if Goodman had stuck with his man a little longer, it could have been different. Sure if a Safety would have saw that deperation duck pass thrown by Favray it could have been different. But there were a couple of blatent holding calls overlooked, a delay of game not called, a bad pass interference call made, and a few more but those listed kept drives alive, which in two cases led to the Jets scoring.

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Good God - the homerish Kool-Ade swilling continues. We were a horrible team last year that is completely rebuilding, so the expectations are not all that great for this season. So, with those objective glasses on, we looked OK. However, we made a ton of mistakes that indicate a lack of discipline and understanding. Those are correctable - which is good.

As for Ginn, he was owned by Revis - for those keeping track - that's the #9 pick getting slapped down by the #14 pick of the same draft. And for the most part - Ginn was single covered today. Ginn is NOT a #1 WR no matter how much people want him to be. He runs horrid routes - yes - he did it today as well running outside of the DB instead of inside of him. That indicates a lack of ability to read a defense - something a #1 WR MUST DO. Am I calling Ginn a bust? NO. But I am calling him what he is - a slot WR - which means we still need a #1.

The Jets kept a Safety out on top of Ginns side for almost the entire game. A couple of times they doubled up Bess but other than that, Ginn had a Safety blanket on him. You don't always see that on TV. THAT is why he did so bad. He needs to do what he was in preseason which is go over the middle when there is a soft spot in the zones. He has the option to cut off his routes, and he better start doing it because I know he's going to get tired of getting an earfull...

And yes, Roth could be a weakness in the run game as a Lb as well as a big weakness against passes in the flat which the Jets did not do much of today.

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm tired of hearing excuses. This team is still downright bad. Is it even better than last year's team? I am not so sure.

I would say that this team is built to win better than last years team without a doubt.

Don't make them good but the nucleus and attitude seems light years better.

A better Qb alone makes me think that.

Hass84
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
im not going to mindlessely sit hear shouting go phins go phins when we lose yet another game. I love the dolphins and want us to succeed but we're not a very good team and haven't been for a number of years. I'll sit and watch every minute of a 1-15 season but dont expect me to think we're going to be a good team the next year because im not an idiot. That doesn't make me a bad fan it just makes me a realist. We have some basic problems with our team (no wideouts, horrible secondary, one qb that only throws underneath and another thats an untested rookie on the sideline, an average at best set of linebackers) We are not a good football team but i'll support us all the way, win or lose! Dont say im not a good fan cos i get frustated when we lose maybe fans that get upset when we lose are better than the ones that go 'oh well there's always next week' if the coaches did that this team would go nowhere.

Bill C
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
The Jets kept a Safety out on top of Ginns side for almost the entire game. A couple of times they doubled up Bess but other than that, Ginn had a Safety blanket on him. You don't always see that on TV. THAT is why he did so bad. He needs to do what he was in preseason which is go over the middle when there is a soft spot in the zones. He has the option to cut off his routes, and he better start doing it because I know he's going to get tired of getting an earfull...

And yes, Roth could be a weakness in the run game as a Lb as well as a big weakness against passes in the flat which the Jets did not do much of today.

I agree on Ginn not just trying to run straight up the field. BUT, the JETS were in Cover 2 most of the day - which is 1:1 with the outside WRs and the corners playing flats and run support. So - there is no way that Ginn was doubled most of the day - perhaps at times - but not most of the day.

And he did bad because he can't read a D and adjust his route. On the seam route, the DB had him inside shade, which means Ginn has to make a hard inside move to get to his inside shoulder - yet he ran outside and the CB almost picked it off.

Having said that Ginn, for better or worse, was not our biggest problem on offense today. I reserve that for interior OL - they looked like swiss cheese.

MannyFernandez
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
From what I saw in preseason London could answer that problem

Ozzy
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I agree on Ginn not just trying to run straight up the field. BUT, the JETS were in Cover 2 most of the day - which is 1:1 with the outside WRs and the corners playing flats and run support. So - there is no way that Ginn was doubled most of the day - perhaps at times - but not most of the day.

And he did bad because he can't read a D and adjust his route. On the seam route, the DB had him inside shade, which means Ginn has to make a hard inside move to get to his inside shoulder - yet he ran outside and the CB almost picked it off.

Having said that Ginn, for better or worse, was not our biggest problem on offense today. I reserve that for interior OL - they looked like swiss cheese.

Cover 2 always has Safeties deep though. They were cheating the Safety closer to him constantly. He could have gotten by his man everytime but without time for that to happen, it was fruitless. I'm not sure they were in Cover 2 though. They run a 3/4 most of the time so it might have just been a 2 or 3 deep zone. Almost the same when they use outside man coverages.

Yep, he made a couple of routes to the backside of the Db. That is a no no, UNLESS there is no one behind, which was not the case here. He can learn that though. In preseason he was constantly getting underneath the zones and he's very lucky there was no Int on the first one.

Pennington gave him an earfull on that play too.

Dolpfan_72
09-08-2008, 04:23 AM

Just a few

Amen to that my man. Amen.

GoonBoss
09-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Ok...In order to be good fans we're got chant over and over again....."The refs suck...Ted Ginn and Ronnie Brown are great....We are a playoff team...The O-line is great....The Defense is lock down.."

I'll tell you what, I've been a die hard fan of this team since 1973, and, I have no intentions of quitting any tiime soon. Being a fan of the team will not prevent me from saying what I think. If you think that makes me a bad fan, you're more than welcome to think that. You're wrong of course, but, don't let that stop you.

MartinTheSNAKE
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok...In order to be good fans we're got chant over and over again....."The refs suck...Ted Ginn and Ronnie Brown are great....We are a playoff team...The O-line is great....The Defense is lock down.."

I'll tell you what, I've been a die hard fan of this team since 1973, and, I have no intentions of quitting any tiime soon. Being a fan of the team will not prevent me from saying what I think. If you think that makes me a bad fan, you're more than welcome to think that. You're wrong of course, but, don't let that stop you.

Where in this thread have i said that? I'm not saying that we are a perfect team and that we are superbowl bound.

Now you know, things can always happen, just look at the Giants last season, anything is possible.

but seriously, the amount of hate this team has recieved over the passed day is just ridiculous

phinster1354
09-09-2008, 05:01 PM
To all the so called fin fans that spew nothing but negativity and criticisms..........shut-up you know it alls. I have been a member for quite a while, but don't really post that often and I have say that reading some of these posts....I'm embarassed to be a fins fan. You guys somehow expect the fins to go from a 1-15 team to a a superbowl contender, overnight?? WAKE Up! Bottom line........the Dolphins aren't as good as some would like to believe, but they certainly aren't as bad as others would like to believe either. I will be happy as long as I continue to see improvement and growth with this team, which I believe I saw in this past weekend's game. Oh yeah one more thing........Negative people suck!!! Stop bringing everyone else down with your know it all BS. If you think you have all the answers maybe you should be coaching this team. No? I didn't think so!!!

Floridaphins
09-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Just a few

Great post.

sn9ke.eyes
09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey if your opinion is negative of the team right now, I don't have a problem with it, there are definitely some bad areas of this team. What I can't stand is all the knee jerk reactions. One game and all the sudden it's the coming of the apocalypse and the whole team needs to be cut. If Ginn catches that pass and we win, then instead of the apocalypse, some of you would start booking your trip to Tampa for the Super Bowl and we'd see posts like "This team would wipe the floor with the '72 team" and "18-0 or Bust !". It's one game people. It's also the first game for a lot of the players and coaches here, it will take some time to fire on all cylinders.

phinster1354
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM

Just a few

Hit it right on the head there!!! F all the fake Fin fans and their negativity; even the best teams still have room for improvement. We should just be glad that that it was an exciting game and not a blowout.

hooshoops
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
how about stfu all you fans that are satisfied with the talent and skill level of this team currently.

thank god none of you are running this team cause we'd never get to the promised land if you were. we'd have the #1 pick for eternity.

i understand people can be overnegative but pointing out where we need upgrades and reasons we didn't win the game does not make us any less fans than you. you can damn well bet that if i see something that needs to be changed personnel wise or what have you i'm going to point it out.

jeez...i would never in a million years stoop to the level of starting a thread called "stfu all you overly optimistic fin fans"

opinions we're all entitled to.

MartinTheSNAKE
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
how about stfu all you fans that are satisfied with the talent and skill level of this team currently.

thank god none of you are running this team cause we'd never get to the promised land if you were. we'd have the #1 pick for eternity.

i understand people can be overnegative but pointing out where we need upgrades and reasons we didn't win the game does not make us any less fans than you. you can damn well bet that if i see something that needs to be changed personnel wise or what have you i'm going to point it out.

jeez...i would never in a million years stoop to the level of starting a thread called "stfu all you overly optimistic fin fans"

opinions we're all entitled to.

Where does it say in my post that i am optimistic and feel we are a great team? I dont think we are a playoff contending team yet, but that doesnt mean im going to bash my team and every single ****in player.

Some of the useres on this site are just ridiculous, some of the stuff i read is really just ****. Hold the negative talk for when we hit 0-3 or something, not after 0-1 where we lost in the final seconds of a game.

maven
09-10-2008, 04:03 AM

What the heck is a fake fin fan? This team hasn't been in the playoffs since the 2002 season. There are no bandwagon fans here. The team hasn't been very good for a long time. People are going to complain.

ojmcduffy
09-10-2008, 04:48 AM
cant we all just get along

Phantom
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
cant we all just get along

Now what fun would that be?

adamprez2003
09-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Cripple Fight! Cripple Fight!

MartinTheSNAKE
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
What the heck is a fake fin fan? This team hasn't been in the playoffs since the 2002 season. There are no bandwagon fans here. The team hasn't been very good for a long time. People are going to complain.

Oh thats right, im sorry i forgot.

Fans are suposed to hate the team they suposedly love

:shakeno:

Kadiddlehopper
09-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Stop bringing everyone else down with your know it all BS. Practice what ya preach!

TedSlimmJr
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Ya?

It took the Redskins overtime to beat us in the first game last season...

We still give up bombs and wounded ducks for touchdowns....we still give up triple figures on the ground....we still committ too many DUMB penalties...even those result in touchdowns for the opponent....WR's still can't get open....

Where the hell do we look that much better? If you wan't to say we're young along the lines, that's fine. But much better? lol

It's kinda hard to throw the season away when you already knew we were going to be bad....

I don't have to trick myself into thinking we're good to be a fan....can you?

nephinsfan
09-10-2008, 07:38 PM

You did'nt get the memo? In order to be a "real" fan, you must always believe that every decision that is made by the FO and coaching staff is the absolute best decision ever, you must NEVER and I mean EVER, post that anyone on the team is not playing up to their potential, and you must always look to the positive things, like, "gee, our waterboy sure does have some speed getting those bottles out there during commercials, in ten years when he is old enough to play, he could be just what we need" or, "it is only one loss, the season is long, or, it is only week 2, 14 games left, or it is only week 3, hell the giants were 0-3 and look what they did, or it is only week 4, still 12 games left, or maybe we can be spoiler to some teams"

The glass is always half full, and the glasses are always rose colored here in finland, hell it has only been six years since we have even sniffed the playoffs, why so glum everyone?