PDA

View Full Version : My Draft/Offseason

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:15 AM
Well I traded for Anquan Boldin...he will battle James McKnight, and Derrius Thompson for the start opposite of CC.

I traded Sam Simmons, Round 2 (32nd Pick), Round 3 (Pick 32)

for

Anquan Boldin, Round 4 Pick (4th Pick), Round 5 Pick (5th Pick)

I like it! :tongue:

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:16 AM
BTW, Cap Hit = none! :tongue: Simmons had no signing bonus!

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:30 AM
The Dolphins (Me) came away with 9 Draft Picks in which they signed...

Matt Patterson, LG, Florida, 68
Gus Warren, C, Oklahoma , 66
Anthony Barry, DT, Maryland, 68
Sidney Shade, SS, S.C. State, 75 (Was projected 1st round but I got him in the 3rd)

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Fins sign QB Mike McMahon (From Detroit) in Free Agency...He was not cheap but he will be the starting QB of the future. Possibly this year???

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Fins sign Free Agent CB Terry Fair (Detroit, 65 Overall). The Fins needed another CB for their Roster Breakdown after choosing not to re-sign Buckley and got Fair.

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:49 AM
:cry: Dolphins traded Deon Dyer for ____ Hitchcock of the Rams...I needed a 3rd RB(Or It wouldnt let me play), and this was the best I could get... :cry:

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Other Notes

1-Oronde Gadsden is now a Houston Texan! Woo!! :lol: Have fun playing for a Semi-Expansion Team
2-Terrell Buckley is now a Detroit Lion (My Bros Fav Team)!! YaY!
3-Travis Minor could not find a starting job and is now backing up LT in San Diego (Tough Luck, he should have stuck it out and gone to Arizona or something)
4-Wayne Chrebet and JJ Stokes are Bungals! :rofl: But hey they don't seem to be the worst team in the league anymore (video game)
5-Kevin Dyson and Michael Westbrook are going over to play for Parcells.

VanDolPhan
09-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Heh minor changes. I did some massive house cleaning. Missed the playoffs the first year with a 9-7 record with $24 million in cap penalties but here is my lineup going into the new season and my team salary in 2005 will be a puny $58 millionish:

QB:

Danny Bever: 76 (1st round draft choice)
Seneca Wallace: 65
Brad Banks: 60

HB:

Ricky Williams: 97
Sammy McPherson: 73
Thomas Jones: 68

FB:

Rob Konrad: 89

WR:

Chris Chambers: 90
Bethel Johnson: 76
Corey Bradford: 78
Derrius Thompson: 72
J.R Tolver: 66

TE:

Randy McMicheal: 90
K. Heinrich: 65
M. Battaglia: 57

LT:

Wade Smith: 72 (grooming him)
Frank Womack 68

LG:

Brent Little: 74 (2nd round pick)
Seth McKinney: 71

Center:

Orlando Flanagan: 79 (1st round draft pick)
Heath Irwin (yah I know he's back but I wanted a very cheap backup): 63

RG:

Todd Perry: 77 (guy just sticks around the league no matter what fans say ;p )
Jermaine Iannaccone: 69 (2nd round pick)

RT:

Todd Wade: 83
Raleigh Roundtree: 64

LE:

A. Ogunleye: 84
Frank Ferrara: 66

RE:

Jason Taylor: 96
Allen Mullen: 72 (2nd round draft choice)

DT:

Larry Chester: 84
Joe Romberg: 83 (1st round draft choice)
J. Zgonina: 81

LOLB:

Ben Leber: 81
Eddie Moore: 76 (I start Eddie Moore at ROLB)

MLB:

Napoleon Harris: 89
Torrance Marshall: 69

ROLB:
Lamar Winfield (street rookie free agent): 65
Tim Terry: 63

CB:
Pat Surtain: 97
Marcus Trufant: 84
Lamar Price: 78 (1st round draft pick)
Tamarick Whitman: 75 (1st round draft pick)
Omare Lowe: 57

FS:
Ronnie Heard: 77
Shawn Wooden: 73

SS:
Sammy Knight: 91
James Boyd: 68

Kicker:
O. Mare: 99
Punter
Deion Gibson: 74 (3rd round draft choice)

Yup that's right. Had 5 first round draft choices from pick 13-24, 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder. I did a lot of house cleaning as the phins cap isn't good in the following years and guys slide. Despite $24 million in cap penalties I am clear of most of the huge contracts this team has (most expensive being Todd Wade's 4 year $14 million dollar deal). I'll be roughly at $58 million in salary next year with a young and improving team.

I'm only one game in with these guys but my 4th corner Whitman already had 2 INT's with one returned. Not bad for my 4th corner :)

Prime Time
09-13-2003, 09:14 PM
I would kill myself (or just restart the whole Franchise) If my team ever looked like yours. My Fins team has to look close to it's real life counter part or I get bored rather quickly.

VanDolPhan
09-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Yah but what are you going to do by season 4-5 etc? If you have Zach raise to a 97 he will hold out following your 2004 season and he's already got $10.5 million signing bonus in the game. You pay him and your screwed. J.T. only has a couple good years in him also before a rapid decline. Seau retires end of the 2004 season. Ogun doesn't have much room to rise. Managed to get him to an 87 once but he's pretty much set where he is. Madison starts declining pretty much after the 2004 season and his trade value gets severly diminished. Those contracts are a killer as it goes on because Chambers will want to be paid. Sammy Knight wants to get paid. You got to have some turnover.

That's why I went this way. Not to mention I have 2 1st rounders next year and 2 2nd rounders. Think of the people who were here in 1999 and who aren't now. You'll need to do that kind of turnover.

Heck I bit the bullet and started a new stadium early this time. The next 2 seasons (I sim 8 games, play 8 games) I'm basically going to track what affects a new stadium has on your progression as an owner and how to benefit from that.

One of these days I'll play a football game past the first 4 seasons. I play 4 seasons then start over lol.

Prime Time
09-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Good Point but I would rather just let them retire as Fins and then sign FAs and draft guys.

MarinoFan4Life
09-14-2003, 10:00 AM
I Agree with PT. I'm old school and like to see guys that started as Phins finish as Phins. It makes me feel like accomplished something in the Madden world.

Prime Time
09-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
I Agree with PT. I'm old school and like to see guys that started as Phins finish as Phins. It makes me feel like accomplished something in the Madden world.

:lol: I know right? It makes ya feel good inside don't it? :lol:

VanDolPhan
09-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Well guess what guys. It isn't going to happen if you don't start cutting guys now if your playing in owner mode.

You need to come up with $10 million a year after year 2 for Ricky Williams new contract. You need to come up with $4 million a year for Chambers contract after 2004. Not to mention $3.5 million for Todd Wade, Extend McMicheal at $1.6 million a year. Heck I even got Wade Smith extended early at $1.5 million a year while he's still at 76 cause he will groom into a late 80's LT.

So I am keeping my guys.......but the young core guys.

Prime Time
09-14-2003, 10:31 PM
I'll just solve my problems as they came along :D

MarinoFan4Life
09-15-2003, 12:57 AM
I just sign to really long deals then resign after the 4th or 5th year
Ricky, Dixon, Chambers

VanDolPhan
09-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
I just sign to really long deals then resign after the 4th or 5th year
Ricky, Dixon, Chambers

That works if your only playing 4-5 years like I am. However the first time through I ran into trouble because Ruddy, Surtain and Zack all held out in the same time I needed to sign Ricky, Chambers and Todd Wade. Needless to say I was pretty screwed cap wise and had to sign Ruddy and Zack to really extended no bonus contracts and trade em off cause I couldn't afford to sign people.

Fresh
09-17-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm with Van.

I don't have Madison or Thomas. My replacements are Phil Buchanan and Napoleon Harris(I always seem to get him).

VanDolPhan
09-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I'm with Van.

I don't have Madison or Thomas. My replacements are Phil Buchanan and Napoleon Harris(I always seem to get him).

Heh we think alike only I traded Madison for Marcus Trufant. However Harris is my MLB now :)

By the way 1st game of the new season in year 3 now and first game opens with a spanking of the Bills 70-10. 5 INT's and 2 fumbles helped pave the way. Surtain caught 3 on his own which was pretty sweet.

Prime Time
09-17-2003, 10:08 PM
70-10? You played that I am guessing...what difficulty?

VanDolPhan
09-18-2003, 02:31 AM
Madden baby. For some reason Bledsoe was easily spooked by J.T. Plus I got up 14-0 fast as the first INT was inside their 15 and returned. So after that I played in the nickel/dime formations the rest of the time. Sure Henry ran on my *** for 130 yards because of it but they were only hurting themselves.

See I can get up on teams and play dime because I have Surtain/Trufant and 2 late 1st round picks as CB's that I used (you can see their rookie starting stats above). I expect to have 4 CB's over 85 :) Also that 3-3-5 nickel with the 4th CB package is pretty sweet.

My QB rating was only like 81 or something. 1 TD, 1 INT. 3 of those INT's were returned and I had field position inside their own 40 to start approx 6 times.