PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann and Matthews get the boot

jared81
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
apparantly they arent fair and balanced enough, keith olbermann "the bill oreilly wanna be" ratings were so bad (dead last for election coverage), is no longer on msnbcs political coverage team. matthews also gets the boot, i know matthews is a liberal but i like what he has to say, and usually does a good job of gettting both arguements out.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/08/msnbc-hosts-olbermann-matthews-booted-from-political-night-duties/

ohall
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
It's because they kept making sexual noises whenever they talked about Obama. It was embarrassing.

jared81
09-08-2008, 12:38 PM
It's because they kept making sexual noises whenever they talked about Obama. It was embarrassing.

:lol:

PressCoverage
09-08-2008, 05:55 PM

Meanwhile, the freudian droolings of the right for McCain and Palin are as transparent as can be.

Dolphan7
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Well I hope that NBC football anchor thingy works out for Keith. Personally I can't stand NBC's co-hosts for the Sunday Night Game.

Bob Costas just annoys me to no end. Chris Collinsworth is a bore. Dan Patrick has been invited in to spice it up, but I wonder if he knows what he has gotten himself into.

jared81
09-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Well I hope that NBC football anchor thingy works out for Keith. Personally I can't stand NBC's co-hosts for the Sunday Night Game.

Bob Costas just annoys me to no end. Chris Collinsworth is a bore. Dan Patrick has been invited in to spice it up, but I wonder if he knows what he has gotten himself into.

there are some funny videos on youtube of olbermann and matthews going at it.......as i said, i think matthews is a pretty good commentator, and in no way should be compared to such a cry baby loser like olbermann....did you see him after the 9/11 video during the GOP convention? i thought he was going to take his ball and go home

Dolphan7
09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
there are some funny videos on youtube of olbermann and matthews going at it.......as i said, i think matthews is a pretty good commentator, and in no way should be compared to such a cry baby loser like olbermann....did you see him after the 9/11 video during the GOP convention? i thought he was going to take his ball and go homeI think with a little work, Matthews could be a good Meet the Press host like the late Tim Russert.

Blackocrates
09-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I think with a little work, Matthews could be a good Meet the Press host like the late Tim Russert.

Maybe, but he already has his own Sunday show. He should probably just stick to it. I haven't watched him in a while, but he always annoyed me by interrupting all the time.

Tetragrammaton
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM
It is nice to see MSNBC try to get better. I wish the other stations would do the same.

FinFatale
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
It is nice to see MSNBC try to get better. I wish the other stations would do the same.

not only tv stations but newspapers too. Anymore you have to check who owns the paper, who runs the paper....blah blah.....before you can decide if what you are reading is believable not to mention check out other sources.

jared81
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM

i gather you werent watching the oreilly interview tonight with obama where he said that he thought obama did a really good job, and that he was a confident man that knows what he wants....i guess you wont find that on the huffington post

Tetragrammaton
09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
i gather you werent watching the oreilly interview tonight with obama where he said that he thought obama did a really good job, and that he was a confident man that knows what he wants....i guess you wont find that on the huffington post

What the hell does Papa Bear have to do with anything? What does the Huffington Post have to do with anything?

MDFINFAN
09-08-2008, 10:04 PM

you mean like the kind you guys do over McCain?:D

LouPhinFan
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM

I think you mean Palin...;)

MDFINFAN
09-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I think you mean Palin...;)

Nope I mean McCain, they've been drooling over him even before Palin was added..:up:

jguig
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I think the real question is how did Olbermann stay on the tube so long. I think we'd find more redeeming value in watching The View played backwards than listening to Olbermann's insights on any given issue.

jared81
09-08-2008, 11:24 PM

no.......we didnt have mccains acceptance speech in an 80,000 seat stadium, with roman collums behind him......also the leader of our party didnt say that he was "sent from god" (pelosi). i guess he learned to draw a crowd from his days as a community organizer:lol:

jared81
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I think the real question is how did Olbermann stay on the tube so long. I think we'd find more redeeming value in watching The View played backwards than listening to Olbermann's insights on any given issue.

everytime i hear olbermann speak, i keep thinking hes going to tell the latest on brett favre or tom brady, i think its funny he thinks hes a real journalist

poornate
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
no.......we didnt have mccains acceptance speech in an 80,000 seat stadium, with roman collums behind him......also the leader of our party didnt say that he was "sent from god" (pelosi). i guess he learned to draw a crowd from his days as a community organizer:lol:

Of cpourse not... he couldn't have filled it... Roman collumns are a bit modern for McCain... The leaders of your party think that God talks to them (and apparently tells them to do awful things)..

jared81
09-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Of cpourse not... he couldn't have filled it... Roman collumns are a bit modern for McCain... The leaders of your party think that God talks to them (and apparently tells them to do awful things)..

oh i forgot, liberals are the all knowing enlightened ones, they are so ahead of the times. and us crazy christians only want convert the whole world to our way of thinking. tell you what, why dont you look at the facts on family who raise children to be religous and then look to the ones who dont, and you tell me how you want to raise your children

ohall
09-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Why would I make any noise like that? I may be a partisan, but those TWO guys are beyond partisan. Plus I like women.

ohall
09-09-2008, 12:29 AM

You forgot to mention again, that Palin whores her children out when she brings them out on stage.

jguig
09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
everytime i hear olbermann speak, i keep thinking hes going to tell the latest on brett favre or tom brady, i think its funny he thinks hes a real journalist

You are absolutely correct. The real joke all along is that he actually took himself seriously while everyone else was laughing.

ih8brady
09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't like Olbermann's show, he never has anyone of any disagreement on BUT he was rather astute in his comments following the disgusting video aired at the convention used to politicize 911 for GOP purposes. The entire world deserves a sincere apology from the RNC.

ohall
09-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't like Olbermann's show, he never has anyone of any disagreement on BUT he was rather astute in his comments following the disgusting video aired at the convention used to politicize 911 for GOP purposes. The entire world deserves a sincere apology from the RNC.

You are just as radical as he is then. What should they so, act like it never took place?

WTF!

Blackocrates
09-09-2008, 11:24 PM
You are just as radical as he is then. What should they so, act like it never took place?

WTF!

They shouldn't use it as a political ploy for crying out loud. The RNC just spit on the grave of all of those who died on that day, just so they can score a few political points during an election. It's disgusting!

Tetragrammaton
09-09-2008, 11:27 PM

What I have never understood is how 9/11 could be considered a strength. Now, it is obviously not Dubya's fault, but how can the largest terrorist attack be a strength for an incumbent party?

Blackocrates
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
What I have never understood is how 9/11 could be considered a strength. Now, it is obviously not Dubya's fault, but how can the largest terrorist attack be a strength for an incumbent party?

I've always wondered that as well. I remember hearing people say before the last presidential election that if another terrorist attack happens it will ensure a Bush victory. That always baffled me because I would think the opposite would be true. Thankfully we didn't find out.

ohall
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
They shouldn't use it as a political ploy for crying out loud. The RNC just spit on the grave of all of those who died on that day, just so they can score a few political points during an election. It's disgusting!

I didn't see that. However I don't think if you mention 9/11 that is automatically a bad thing. I think far too many Americans act as if we are not at war. Some ppl need to be reminded IMO.

Don't blame the RNC because the DNC's base is so far left they get offended if anything positive is said about what took place after 9/11. Blame the DEM PP.

lol I can't believe you actually think the RNC spit on ppl's graves.

ohall
09-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Because he is the President and leader of the RNC that has taken bold steps to continue to keep this country safe. Steps that should have been taken by the prvoius administration. I would think that is common sense.

The problem is some ppl only like to blame Bush, while they refuse to give him any credit whatsoever.

MDFINFAN
09-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Because he is the President and leader of the RNC that has taken bold steps to continue to keep this country safe. Steps that should have been taken by the prvoius administration. I would think that is common sense.

The problem is some ppl only like to blame Bush, while they refuse to give him any credit whatsoever.

I also think it's a weakness because it shows that the repubs can't keep us no safer than the dems, since the repubs control all of gov't at the time...it showed that the repubs are the party that allowed it to happen to us, while on their total watch.

ohall
09-10-2008, 12:20 AM
I also think it's a weakness because it shows that the repubs can't keep us no safer than the dems, since the repubs control all of gov't at the time...it showed that the repubs are the party that allowed it to happen to us, while on their total watch.

Wow I can't believe you would blame Bush for 9/11. You would have to forget just how much inaction Clinton took since 1993 when the WTC was bombed. Let's see 7-years compared to what 7 months? lol wow!

Every since 9/11 he has done his job. No I don't expect you to admit he has done a good job keeping Americans safe at home.

Clipse
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Great post. I agree, I'm so tired of people talkign about how George Dubya is the biggest idiot in the world and doesn't have any idea how to do his job, when the fact remains he has done alot of very good things, yet no one gives him any credit whatsoever.

BAMAPHIN 22
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Liberal bloggers are upset by the move, arguing that MSNBC caved in to pressure from John McCain's campaign and the right wing. Criticizing the media has been a cheap but effective tool by the McCain camp - but on this score MSNBC has no one to blame but itself.

The short-lived Olbermann-Matthews anchor duo was a misguided ploy designed to boost ratings. The experiment backfired when the coverage veered off into on-air spats between the anchors that began to sound more like talk radio.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/20080910_Editorial__This_Just_In______.html

The_Dark_Knight
09-11-2008, 07:43 AM
In a paraphrased parody on the John Stewart Show....

"It is with great honor and humility that I accept your nomination as President of the United States...HUMILITY...in front of 84,000 people...and Roman Columns reminescent of the days of the Roman Empire...:lol:

poornate
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM

I don't think bold steps are the problem... the problem stems from all of the improper steps taken...

I credit Bush, like anyone, for the positives he has had in his administration. The problem is that the negatives are so abundant that sometimes the good can get lost in the shuffle.

The_Dark_Knight
09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Whether you like the President or absolutely despise him, you can not deny that there have been no attacks on the United States...nor our ships...nor our embassies. That is an undisputable fact.

President Clinton, though popular worldwide and for the most part "liked" here at home...endured the bombing fo the World Trade Center, the bombing of the Kobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, the bombing of the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the bombing of the USS Cole...as well as Ruby Ridge, Waco and Oklahoma City.

We as a nation haven't endured violence of THIS magnitude since the President took action following the attacks of 9/11.

The_Dark_Knight
09-11-2008, 08:04 AM

I have never understood how people conclude the President is the leader of their respective party. President Bush is not the leader of the republican party. President Clinton was not the leader of the democratic party. They are/were the elected leaders of our nation. Howard Dean is the leader of the Democratic National Committee. Mr. I forgot his name is the leader of the Republican National Committee. They are the ones who run, organize and implement the platforms of their parties, not the President.