View Full Version : Which RB to start?

InMyChambers
09-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Ahman Green against Det is obvious.

Stephen Davis vs. Tampa
Olandis Gary vs. Green Bay
Duce Staley vs. New England

????

I'm stumped. Obviously it would normally be davis but against that D, maybe staley?

Muck
09-13-2003, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't expect much from Davis @ Tampa in the HOME OPENER. That stadium is going to be rabid. I'm benching him myself.

Olandis Gary doesn't impress me much. On the other hand, New England still hasn't shown they can stop the run. So I'd go with Staley.

breckenridge55
09-13-2003, 11:59 AM
That's a tough one, I think they all will be about average this week. Because of this, I would just say Davis because he is the better player hands down. I know he is at Tampa Bay but he is the whole Carolina offense and if they have a chance to win (and I believe they do), he will be the one that gets them the chance.

Muck
09-13-2003, 12:20 PM
True. I also don't expect much from any of them. Davis excels at running inside. And that just happens to be the Buccaneers weakness. Not saying that it's a big weakness. But that's where teams have typically had success against Tampa....running right at them. So Davis could end up with a TD.

Muck
09-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Well, Stephen Davis is shredding Tampa right now. 50 yards so far on this FIRST DRIVE. DOH!!

Still, I'm happy. I hate Tampa.