PDA

View Full Version : Tool Of The Week?

ZachThomas76
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
After spending a bit of time in the game thread yesterday, seeing people rejoice over Brady's injury, seeing people calling for Henne already, seeing people bashing Sparano for playcalls even though hes not the OC,seeing people say we can win the division now, it occurred to me there are way more retards on here than I first thought. I propose once a week we all vote on who the biggest tool is. We could narrow it down to say top 5 posters, and then vote. Thoughts?

aesop
09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
The winner is you.

aesop
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh crap, I almost forgot...

Congrats!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/birthdaycake2-1.png

hugoguzman
09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
According to drunkenfan and WV I'm wrong about everything all of the time, so I nominate myself ; )

Great idea by the way!

P.S. I change my vote to aesop, since he's been such a spoil-sport about the whole thing.

TedSlimmJr
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
After spending a bit of time in the game thread yesterday, seeing people rejoice over Brady's injury, seeing people calling for Henne already, seeing people bashing Sparano for playcalls even though hes not the OC,seeing people say we can win the division now, it occurred to me there are way more retards on here than I first thought. I propose once a week we all vote on who the biggest tool is. We could narrow it down to say top 5 posters, and then vote. Thoughts?

Well....like I've always said....if it works, it's a brilliant call....if it doesn't....it's a dumb call....

NONE of these plays are designed to FAIL! They are designed to WORK!
It comes down to EXECUTION! They've worked before in the same situations when the players actually EXECUTE the play.

EXECUTION of the play thats called is more important than the play call itself...

And you have to have the players to EXECUTE THEM!

Which we dont.....

HurriPhin
09-08-2008, 03:48 PM
If the award includes being hopeful for the playoffs and being glad Brady is out for the season, then I nominate myself.

Can I be a useful tool, like a Swiss army knife or something? That would be cool.

GoonBoss
I'm pretty much voteing for me. I've got to win somthing somtime.

SpaceMountain16
Well....like I've always said....if it works, it's a brilliant call....if it doesn't....it's a dumb call....

It comes down to EXECUTION! They've worked before in the same situations when the players actually EXECUTE the play.

EXECUTION of the play thats called is more important than the play call itself...

Which we dont.....

If it works - "risky call but glad it works"
If it doesn't work - "why the hell would they take the risk!"

Thats how it is for me anyway.

ZachThomas76
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
The winner is you.

very predictable. and ty. i guess i should join the masses. we are going 10-6 this year, Ted Ginn is awesome, R&R will have over 2k between them etc. now im a real fan. :up:

ZachThomas76
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM

Which we dont.....

the playcalls on 3rd and 2 werent my fav, but Im also not a big fan of a Dan Henning offense. if you cant get 2 yards on 2 carries, Id suggest you dont deserve to win. im not just referring tothat play, i was just shokced at the utter stupidity i encountered on here yesterday in the game thread and after the game. i think ill stay off here on gamedays if thats how moronic and unreasonable some of the people get. i know some only see the game on a basic level, but come on. anyway its USC/Ohio St this week. cant wait.

GoonBoss
ZT76! What the heck bro?! I guess I win, right? You gave me a thanks :D WOOO! Tool of the week!

I declare victory.

aesop
very predictable. and ty. i guess i should join the masses. we are going 10-6 this year, Ted Ginn is awesome, R&R will have over 2k between them etc. now im a real fan. :up:Did I say anything close to praise for the Dolphins? If anything, I've been a doubter since we lost to the Jaguars in the playoffs.

But a very predictable, defensive response from a person starting a thread about bad threads and bad posting. Quite ironic. Which is what I was going for, as I see you thoroughly missed the point.

SpaceMountain16
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/istockphoto_314005_hammer-1.jpg

ZachThomas76
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Did I say anything close to praise for the Dolphins? If anything, I've been a doubter since we lost to the Jaguars in the playoffs.

But a very predictable, defensive response from a person starting a thread about bad threads and bad posting. Quite ironic. Which is what I was going for, as I see you thoroughly missed the point.

remain calm. it was merely a suggestion. if you were here yesterday, bad threads were being made about 2 every minute. dont take life so seriously homeslice.

aesop
09-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty F*CKING calm.

Sherif
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2008/09/popcorn-1.gifI thought the cake was a nice touch.

SigmaOmega
09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
sup VIP! thanks for solving all the problems (once I ante up)

fatkirstyalley
09-08-2008, 04:34 PM
This whole "tool of the week" could get out of hand quickly. Suddenly everyone will be lobbing the"Your the tool of the week" bomb at any post they dont like. You know what that could be fun....I say lets do it. I nominate Myles Finch.......

Dont take it personally Myles...just wanted to get the ball rolling! you are not a tool.

dolpns13
09-08-2008, 04:42 PM
the playcalls on 3rd and 2 werent my fav, but Im also not a big fan of a Dan Henning offense. if you cant get 2 yards on 2 carries, Id suggest you dont deserve to win. im not just referring tothat play, i was just shokced at the utter stupidity i encountered on here yesterday in the game thread and after the game. i think ill stay off here on gamedays if thats how moronic and unreasonable some of the people get. i know some only see the game on a basic level, but come on. anyway its USC/Ohio St this week. cant wait.

I will probably instill the same for myself... That "Sparano is an idiot" thread yesterday simply pushed me over the edge and gets my vote for the moronic and dumbest thread of the year (there was another thread that got my vote for that a few weeks ago, but i forgot which one so Sparaon is an idiot gets it)... You have to expect moronic threads like that on gameday I guess, which is why I'll probably stay off more often until Monday morning.

fatkirstyalley
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I will probably instill the same for myself... That "Sparano is an idiot" thread yesterday simply pushed me over the edge and gets my vote for the moronic and dumbest thread of the year (there was another thread that got my vote for that a few weeks ago, but i forgot which one so Sparaon is an idiot gets it)... You have to expect moronic threads like that on gameday I guess, which is why I'll probably stay off more often until Monday morning.
Hey 13......you are next!
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

JC
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
well i posted an optimistic thread yesterday after the game and someone gave it a one star?
so according to them it would be me:lol:

hugoguzman
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I've got a great candidate right here:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/0-5-start-228062.html

Also, with the rate of crappy threads, you might have to do a "Tool of the Day" just to keep up.

ZachThomas76
09-08-2008, 07:15 PM
is it wrong your Kirsty Ally pic arouses me? thats why i thought we all come to some sort of consensus of the top 5 worst posters on a given day or week, then vote on it. probably on gameday would be good, but then 5 posters wouldnt be enough.

Lorenzo Rules
09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
cant we we just chalk up this loss as unacceptable because it was the jets we have lost too. but I must nominate myself because Iposted things i wishes i hadn't of posted. I am a tool , for shame I cant look at myself in the mirror for it.
translation I am sorry for going nuts about the game but I hate losing to the jets .