PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else burnt out yet?

Tetragrammaton
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know how much longer I can closely follow this election. I started following the election at the end of January, which is later than most of you people, and I have been so oversaturated with attacks, smears, and controversies that I am about to turn it all off. I am pretty sure who I am going to vote for and I know his stance on all the issues.

Does anyone else feel these election cycles are far too long? Supreme Court Justices are sworn in for life, but they are only in the media for a month or so. The Presidency is a 4 year position with a 2 year campaign.

LouPhinFan
09-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm with you. I'm taking a break from all the media until the debates. There's not going to be anything new from either side until then. Palin is going to get softballs on Thursday night from Gibson, so who cares about that one.

Blackocrates
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
The campaigns are going to be longer and longer as time goes on. I haven't closely followed the election. I don't get all bogged down in little details. So it hasn't bothered me that much, but I know where your coming from. The little I do follow gets redundant fast.

Every once in a while I watch The Daily Show and he'll point out how all the news networks use the same lingo, report the same topics at the same type, etc. So basically viewers are left with one original report and it gets ran through each show on each station ad nauseam.

FinFatale
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
:hysterikill:No way! I just put the attacks and the smears aside and enjoy researching things for myself. Things are just getting interesting and with the debates coming I believe things will really heat up. I don't believe all between now and debates will be attack and smear but then again I am an optomist most of the time.
I might take the weekend off though to go and support our local Native Americans.........................cha ching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

MDFINFAN
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't know how much longer I can closely follow this election. I started following the election at the end of January, which is later than most of you people, and I have been so oversaturated with attacks, smears, and controversies that I am about to turn it all off. I am pretty sure who I am going to vote for and I know his stance on all the issues.

Does anyone else feel these election cycles are far too long? Supreme Court Justices are sworn in for life, but they are only in the media for a month or so. The Presidency is a 4 year position with a 2 year campaign.

I've research these canidates so long and have so much info in my head about both of them, and I have so much info on the economy, foreign affairs, and just about every issue concerning this election that yea, I'm burned to the tilt.. I now take a couple of days off or a day sometimes..because you can become so involved... and it's furstrating sometimes when you feel like you've informed yourself to know the issues and who's best to address the issues..and we debate stupid stuff and the americans ppl seem to be asleep in some respects.. I think our countries education system has failed.. So yea, you don't want to keep up with it...but at the same time, as a American who cares so deeply about this country, when you know you've done your homework and you know you have it right, you fight on..

I've tried to research and stay on most subjects we've debated here...starting all the way back before the Iraq war started, I told everyone it was a lie on which the admin was going in.. I clearly stated that Iraq was not a immenient threat, no WMD's and no connection to Al Qeada..why because I knew the history and was in the military who got these briefings..yet trying to share that inform with ppl hell bent on calling you everything except the child of God for not going alone with this president was crazy..then the truth comes out.. I stated that we weren't fighting the air\land battle doctrine and you can't take land with a small force...we end up in Iraq for the last 6 years...It's like wow, can't we open our minds and not just follow.. I go to McCain's site and read his plans, and now I hear McCain's campaign trying to say their change, and I laugh, ppl read his site on his plans, compare those to Bush and tell me he's different..Please read his site, and compare it with bushes policies.. Again, are we that much of a joke to politicians..do we really believe the repubs are changing.. Don't listen the words, read the details...

Dolphan7
09-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I just posted something similar in another thread.

I don't mind discussing the issues and the candidates, as long as it is done intelligently and respectfully.

This election is about a divided America, with half the people thinking the country needs to go one way, and the other half thinking it needs to go in another way.

Telling the other side they are stupid for choosing their position gets old after about the second post.

Posting every little horrid detail and rumor about a candidate, whether true or false, with the sole intent to tear them down, gets old after about the second post.

This country is bitterly divided. It will be our downfall.

United we Stand, and Divided we Fall.

Unless we can unite behind some common causes, this country is in deep trouble.