PDA

View Full Version : Madden 09 deep ball?

Travis34
09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I am getting so pissed off. It's ridiculous.

I got Ted Ginn's speed to 99 (was at 98) and I played some team where the safeties had like 83-85 speed and the corner who lined up with me had like 89 or 90 speed. And afterawhile I just started trying to air it out (Henne's got like 96 THP) and everytime the corner was step for step with Ginn. Sometimes it was the safety and corner, which I guess isn't as bad when it goes incomplete.

It's such BS!

But still, the WR doesnt even try for the ball, and why do I never ever throw the ball infront of him? It's always behind when the corner can swat it super easy with their Lebron jumping skills.

I need help bad.

yellowv
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
It's Ginn. He just can't play receiver in the game (much like in real life:)). The other night just for fun I played a game as Cincinatti and every damn ball I heaved out Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco or whatever cought it. I scored like 78pts and he had like 7 or 8 touchdown receptions.

Honus Joglund
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
The DB's are just faster than wideouts.

Go into practice mode with the Dolphins as both offense and defense and do a test. Put Will Allen at WR and throw shorter passes that give you plenty of time to have a run down between the WR and DB. The DB version of Will Allen will run down the WR version even though they have the exact same speed rating.

Raoul Duke
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
yeh that pisses me off too. I have Ocho Cinco on the fins cuz i saw him there in FA and had to pick him up. I throw the deep ball to him and still cant freakin get a huge gain. and my Madden IQ is a 780 which might have something to do with it but still its garbage. Even if i run play action and fool the saftey the CB is right there with Ginn and Ocho stride for stride.

Clipse
09-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Well this is what you need to do to have success with that. I rack up an average of about 200 yards a game with Ginn on X-Box Live using some of these tips.

1. Always line Ginn up on the left side.

2. Find a play action pass and then hot route Ginn to go deep.

3. Watch the safety, if he's playing deep, do not throw it to Ginn, however if hes not (playing middle of the field, blitzing, etc.) then you can throw it.

4. Make sure u push the left analog stick forward when you throw it, this will cause you to do precision passing, throwing the ball in front of Ginn. It won't work all the time, sometime Ginn drops it, sometiems Henne throws the ball too far, but it works most of the time for me.