PDA

View Full Version : Palin: Government Can Fix Social Ills

BAMAPHIN 22
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
During Palin’s recent convention speech she sharply criticized Senator Barack Obama for wanting to end Bush's tax cuts. She pointed to her sister and husband who are new small business owners in Alaska, “How are they going to be any better off if taxes go up?”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/08/cbsnews_investigates/main4427776.shtml

Tetragrammaton
09-09-2008, 02:13 PM
It is good to see a Republican not pretending the government is the most evil presence in the country.

MoFinz
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I didnt read anywhere in there where she claimed Govt could fix all social ills. She made some valid points......but keep fanning it, maybe you can get a fire started with that fluff

ohall
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Wasn't this article about her time as a Mayor, not a Governor?

I would think just as a STUPID REP these TWO jobs may be alike in some ways, but very different in most other ways.

MDFINFAN
09-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Wasn't this article about her time as a Mayor, not a Governor?

I would think just as a STUPID REP these TWO jobs may be alike in some ways, but very different in most other ways.

Amazing....she only been governor 19 months...it's not like that's been centuries since she was mayor..

FinFatale
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I didnt read anywhere in there where she claimed Govt could fix all social ills. She made some valid points......but keep fanning it, maybe you can get a fire started with that fluff

I read the article as you did.

ohall
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Amazing....she only been governor 19 months...it's not like that's been centuries since she was mayor..

Again you chose to read the 1st part of the post and ignore the rest.

I clearly stated, how I believe it may be possible she would govern differently when she was the Mayor of a town compared to when she was the Governor of the GREAT state of Alaska, yet some how you ignore that totally.

And how many months has it been since Obama was organizing community birthdays?