PDA

View Full Version : Do the far right or far left extreme actions........

FinFatale
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
How do YOU feel about this.......do the far right or the far left extreme action actually make a case for the other side ????????????????:err:

phinfan3411
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Absolutely, and a good point. There is a poster on this forum who argues so passionately for their candidate that I honestly had to re-evaluate my way of thinking, and actually wondered if I was missing something (in my case this is always a possibility).

This poster also then stooped to imo a very low level, and then all of a sudden I thought very different about his arguements.

I am not trying to say I am an angel, far from it, but it made me see where he (or she :)) was coming from.

ohall
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
There was this one time MD almost had me change my mind about butter on my sandwiches instead of mayo. I was so close!

No, IMO extreme POV's only make each side dig in deeper.

ih8brady
09-09-2008, 10:25 PM
In a weird kind of way, it is almost like addition by subtraction because many people are unfortunately easily manipulated by simplistic guilt by association or near-association. Now, I think there is legitimacy if the extremist is the candidate or involve with him/her intimately or the campaign. But every PP, social group or ideology has some crazies somewhere in their group.For instance, not every anti-war person is out there spitting on veterans and not every pro-war person is out there plotting crimes against Arab-Americans. In any case, it does not address the issue as to whether or not the War in Iraq was a good idea or not in the first place.

Besides, one side being wrong doesn't prove the other side as being right.

Blackocrates
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM

That's a great statment. Sometimes I have to slow up and not put the cart before the horse. One side being wrong, only proves that they are wrong.

MDFINFAN
09-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Good thread, I've really had to buckle down and research because of the passion shown by some of the guys here...I don't have in my mind an extreme view of anyone or position, but I do believe in what I believe deeply.. I try like hell to be as honest as I can, then again, I've really never been good at spin, ppl see right though me on that, so I know my place and that's to say what I truely believe.. but sometimes early on some of the arguments by some made me think deeply, and I had to do some soul searching, and or course I went back to my research and I felt confident in my belief.. but these guys can be perssasive, even when you know the truth, but in the end I trust my instincts, they've served me well.

Tetragrammaton
09-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Very true.

A lot of times, we have a mentality that everything is split, left versus right, Democrat versus Republican. Really, there are so many different varieties that we omit.