PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Uncommitted Voters Move To McCain

BAMAPHIN 22
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
About a third of the voters who were uncommitted to either Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/22/politics/main3193625.shtml) or Republican rival Sen. John McCain (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/22/politics/main3193619.shtml) one month ago have now made up their minds, and more have settled on the Republican ticket than the Democratic one, a new CBS News poll finds.

For the new poll, CBS News re-interviewed voters who said they were uncommitted in a CBS News/New York Times poll (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/20/opinion/polls/main4368403.shtml) conducted in mid-August. While nearly two in three still have not settled on a candidate, 20 percent of these previously uncommitted voters have now decided to back McCain, while 14 percent have settled on Obama.

In the August poll, uncommitted voters made up 34 percent of all registered voters. Voters were considered uncommitted if they indicated they preferred a candidate but had not settled with certainty on that candidate, or if they were completely undecided.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/09/opinion/polls/main4432538.shtml

LouPhinFan
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Interesting, but there's still plenty of time for that to change. The debates will be very telling.

FinFatale
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Interesting, but there's still plenty of time for that to change. The debates will be very telling.

I totally agree. The debates, where its off the cuff......no teleprompters, no speech writers and questions regarding all the issues posed to the candiadates will be a refreshing change as to what we have had of late.

MDFINFAN
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Well I'm glad it's only a third, which mean the other 2/3 could move to Obama.. I'll take that..but you're right there will be movement back and forth before the election..

Dolphan7
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Well I'm glad it's only a third, which mean the other 2/3 could move to Obama.. I'll take that..but you're right there will be movement back and forth before the election..
I was going to post the same thing.

Obama would gladly take the other 2/3.

But it is way too early.

Tetragrammaton
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
What happened to my post? Sexism strikes again.

LouPhinFan
09-09-2008, 10:24 PM
What happened to my post? Sexism strikes again.

You posted that in a different thread.

Tetragrammaton
09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
You posted that in a different thread.

Hey, you are right. So many new threads, hard to keep track. At least I didn't say 57 states.

LouPhinFan
09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Hey, you are right. So many new threads, hard to keep track. At least I didn't say 57 states.

:lol:

poornate
09-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I think the debates are then end to all of this... We can sit here and debate and tear at this platform or that... the fact of the matter is that we are all better informed than the average citizen... while certain things make the circuit with us the rest of the country only notices them in passing...

To be more precise... with all of the info out there I think as of recent a lot of the counterpoints that are more venomous have been countered.... I think the "weaknesses" that have been a theme have evened out now... It may, shockingly, come down to the issues on the last debate....

The_Dark_Knight
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I think the debates are then end to all of this... We can sit here and debate and tear at this platform or that... the fact of the matter is that we are all better informed than the average citizen... while certain things make the circuit with us the rest of the country only notices them in passing...

To be more precise... with all of the info out there I think as of recent a lot of the counterpoints that are more venomous have been countered.... I think the "weaknesses" that have been a theme have evened out now... It may, shockingly, come down to the issues on the last debate....
I think you're right Nate. There's been so much rancor going back and forth and exploiting weaknesses that the debates are really going to test their mettle.