PDA

View Full Version : Law enforcement brutality at ECU.

Flip Tanneflop
09-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Im placing this post on this forum because even though it is college football related, Im more or less making a political statement here.

Did anyone catch the clip just a bit ago on sportscenter of the officers beating the living **** out of a defenseless kid who tried to rush the field(along with about 7000 other people) after that huge win over WVU on Saturday?

The video is just disgusting to watch. You can see several officers roughing people up in the background too, but this one kid they slam him to the ground and one officer is just POUNDING the living **** out of him with fists while the kid is on the ground. And it clearly shows the kid did nothing but attempt to rush the field, and like I said, keep in mind there are a TON of people rushing the field at the time.

Also, I saw the clip on the day of the game during the post game getting a little rough keeping people away from the area where Holly Rowe of ESPN was trying to do the postgame interview of ECU's HC Skip Holtz. Nothing serious here but, the guy was getting a little rough with the shoving and I took notice of it.

But, anyways, it was ONLY TODAY that this video of the appaling stuff I talked about earlier was shown....to my knowledge. Have any of you guys seen it yet? This is Tuesday. The game was Saturday.

My political question is.......if this kid or any of the others seen getting abused by the officers were black, how long ago would we have seen the video????

It just seems to me like 4 days later a 10 second blurb about it on sportscenter is a bit weak considering how bad the incident looked. What do you guys think about this?

Blackocrates
09-10-2008, 12:03 AM
That's what they get for having the audacity to beat WVU. Just kidding.

Mr772
09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
It's always a sad day when authority and power is abused. Police brutality is especially unnerving to the public trust.

Flip Tanneflop
09-10-2008, 12:41 AM
That's what they get for having the audacity to beat WVU. Just kidding.

:lol: Maybe those officers laid a couple days pay on WVU -7.5 and they knew their wives were gonna be pissed to find out the grocery cart will be a little lighter this week and yet they bought the mistress a new designer handbag to boot.

WSE
09-10-2008, 04:44 AM
the video was pretty disgusting.......

the officers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Civil/Criminal or both- it doesn't matter.

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
i havent seen the clip, but before i throw a blanket condemnation on the officers, may i remind everyone that thousands of rowdy fans were storming a field that was being protected by...maybe 30 officers? Not in riot gear?

I hope it's not as bad as it sounds, but thats kind of an overwhelming rush of humanity for 30 people assigned to protect life and property from overzealous fanatics. All i'm saying is consider all of the circumstances when passing judgement

poornate
09-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I also haven't seen the video... but just as an aside... i used to work for ECU and the police down there were the most permissive law officers I believe I have ever encountered... Really, really friendly... They would give you rides back from the bars if you flagged them down... Just a thing i remember...

Clipse
09-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Seen the video as well. Somebody should be fired/suspended. That video where the officer was punching the kid on the ground was disgusting. From the clip I saw, all the kid was doing was running (as were thousands of other people) and they grabbed him (randomly I assume from the clip). Slamming him is one thing but punching him? Pitiful.

Flip Tanneflop
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
i havent seen the clip, but before i throw a blanket condemnation on the officers, may i remind everyone that thousands of rowdy fans were storming a field that was being protected by...maybe 30 officers? Not in riot gear?

I hope it's not as bad as it sounds, but thats kind of an overwhelming rush of humanity for 30 people assigned to protect life and property from overzealous fanatics. All i'm saying is consider all of the circumstances when passing judgement

The circumstances have been considered. Watch the video and then tell me about circumstances. If they didnt have riot gear, then its all the more reason they shouldnt have been randomly beating kids' *****.

Gonzo
09-10-2008, 09:51 PM

I hope it's not as bad as it sounds, but thats kind of an overwhelming rush of humanity for 30 people assigned to protect life and property from overzealous fanatics. All i'm saying is consider all of the circumstances when passing judgementAnd about 28 of them were able to handle the task without assaulting someone. Yes, it's a very challenging job. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't do it. There's no acceptable excuse for what's on the video.

jared81
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
just because other people were rushing the field doesnt give that kid the right to do it.......someone is going to get killed one of these days for rushing the field. and then the parents are going to sue the **** out of the school for it.........i only wish more people were arrested

Gonzo
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
just because other people were rushing the field doesnt give that kid the right to do it.......someone is going to get killed one of these days for rushing the field. and then the parents are going to sue the **** out of the school for it.........i only wish more people were arrestedArrested, fine. Beaten with a baton, not fine.

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Arrested, fine. Beaten with a baton, not fine.

I think Franklin would agree.

I normally don't comment on these stories, mainly because the outcome is always the same. Brutality is almost always severely punished.

WSE
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM

its called you move

you dont take it out on a couple individual fans.

cops aint gonna stop fans from storming the field. Just give up. Get the retractable goal posts, and let it be.