PDA

View Full Version : McCain camp angry over Obama's 'lipstick'

ohall
09-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Whether Obama meant this or not he may have just gone a bit too far. I seriously doubt he's as stupid as he would have to be to purposely go there. But I'm not really sure that is going to matter. It just came off really badly. If you can find a video of his comments I think most would agree the audience took the comment to be be directed at Palin.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jb827iv54eCm7wXWPT_5aN4wHbzwD933HUT80

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said to an outbreak of laughter, shouts and raucous applause from his audience, clearly drawing a connection to Palin's joke. "It's still a pig. You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still going to stink after eight years."

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 01:13 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/a-piggish-debat.html

ohall
09-10-2008, 01:22 AM

Wow that so called media guy sure was ready for this. lol

At any rate I doubt Obama meant it to be taken as it was directed at Palin, he would have to be really stupid. But he should have used better judgment. After Palin's joke in her acceptance speech it is not difficult to make the leap that he did intend the comment to be directed at her.

Dolphan7
09-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, deep down in side you have to wonder if Obama just scored a double word score in the political scrabble game of this election!

LouPhinFan
09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't think he aimed this at Palin. Did he use this earlier before the conventions?

I mean, I've used this before. It perfectly describes the company I work for...they can give us all the benefits they want, but its all just lipstick on a pig!

poornate
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM
... the double entendre, though, I'd wager had purpose... You can't say anything about the statement and it still calls forth another thing to the mind....

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Obama's not a stupid man. He parlayed this perfectly....or did he? All he's doing is throwing chum into the feeding frenzy. He better hope it doesn't come back to bite him. Hillarys seeming lack of vigor in attacking Palin is quite noteworthy in my opinion though. We'll see how this plays with that

poornate
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I read somewhere that she said that she wouldn't allow herself to be used to go after Palin because it would be based off of gender only and would be insulting (or something along those lines).

MDFINFAN
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Obama's not a stupid man. He parlayed this perfectly....or did he? All he's doing is throwing chum into the feeding frenzy. He better hope it doesn't come back to bite him. Hillarys seeming lack of vigor in attacking Palin is quite noteworthy in my opinion though. We'll see how this plays with that

Hillary's not dummy, shes seem all attacks of Palin get played by the right...when we wake and want to know who she is, then attacks will be allowed...we're doing the same with her as when Obama first hit the trial..then you know how nasty it got.. Obama needs to focus on who he's running against and that's McCain...He'll be the president. Funny thing is I don't think McCain respect her enough to take advice from her, I get that impression in his body language with her.

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I read somewhere that she said that she wouldn't allow herself to be used to go after Palin because it would be based off of gender only and would be insulting (or something along those lines).

I had heard the same thing, but i cant help but feel like Hillarys laying back and laughing her butt off at how Obama's getting trumped by Palins celebrity now.

Nice profile pic btw. If that's the family, you got a good looking gaggle there Nate

ohall
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Hillary's not dummy, shes seem all attacks of Palin get played by the right...when we wake and want to know who she is, then attacks will be allowed...we're doing the same with her as when Obama first hit the trial..then you know how nasty it got.. Obama needs to focus on who he's running against and that's McCain...He'll be the president. Funny thing is I don't think McCain respect her enough to take advice from her, I get that impression in his body language with her.

I think Hillary can't go after Palin because she would risk losing some of her female support. If she was to go after Palin she would simply look like the ppl she was complaining about. It doesn't make any sense on her part to go there.

That's thing though, since Palin has been on the McCain ticket the race has basically been between Palin Vs. Obama. It's the oddest thing I've ever seen. Incredible really.

MD why say something like that about McCain not trusting Palin enough to take her advice? All of this based on body language? Come on MD you are better than that man. McCain has looked very comfortable around her in my view. I haven't seen him this energized and happy before. He looks like he struck gold.

ohall
09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
What did you guys think of Obama's reply to this?

Was it wise for him to simply blame everyone in attempt to move on?

MDFINFAN
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I think Hillary can't go after Palin because she would risk losing some of her female support. If she was to go after Palin she would simply look like the ppl she was complaining about. It doesn't make any sense on her part to go there.

That's thing though, since Palin has been on the McCain ticket the race has basically been between Palin Vs. Obama. It's the oddest thing I've ever seen. Incredible really.

MD why say something like that about McCain not trusting Palin enough to take her advice? All of this based on body language? Come on MD you are better than that man. McCain has looked very comfortable around her in my view. I haven't seen him this energized and happy before. He looks like he struck gold.

I can't lay a finger on it, but McCain seems weird in rallies with her, I don't know if it's the big crowds she brings that he couldn't before or the fact that he may not know her as well as his trusted buddies..but I get the feeling that if he becomes president, she'd defintely be treated like the old traditional VP and not up in the WH like Chenny is now..

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
What did you guys think of Obama's reply to this?

Was it wise for him to simply blame everyone in attempt to move on?

Not really, it makes it seem as if this has all unnerved him a bit and taken him off point. Obama himself said words matter, and now he says he was being flippant. He cant have it both ways, and i think its really amazing him how the media is sort of turning on him in his eyes.

First he could do no wrong, now it's like he can do no right in regards to Palin. He needs to ignore her and focus on McCain. He also needs Biden to not be Biden with her and handle her with kid gloves. Snide and condescending aren't going to win Obama this election

jared81
09-10-2008, 11:45 AM

i gather that joe biden doesnt think obama is ready to be president, i get that from the numorous quotes he actually said

jared81
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I can't lay a finger on it, but McCain seems weird in rallies with her, I don't know if it's the big crowds she brings that he couldn't before or the fact that he may not know her as well as his trusted buddies..but I get the feeling that if he becomes president, she'd defintely be treated like the old traditional VP and not up in the WH like Chenny is now..

you are definetly right about that......i dont see her being a VP that is always throwing her two cents in......the VP position is "on the job training". and in this case, the GOP got it right.

ohall
09-10-2008, 11:48 AM

You may be right. But I would hope he does respect the person he chose as VP.

sdotbailey
09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Not really, it makes it seem as if this has all unnerved him a bit and taken him off point. Obama himself said words matter, and now he says he was being flippant. He cant have it both ways, and i think its really amazing him how the media is sort of turning on him in his eyes.

First he could do no wrong, now it's like he can do no right in regards to Palin. He needs to ignore her and focus on McCain. He also needs Biden to not be Biden with her and handle her with kid gloves. Snide and condescending aren't going to win Obama this election

Ha...but snide and condescending may win it for the right...which is sad. I really saw nothing but a high school girl talking sh*t up on stage with Palin's speech. Not to mention that the whole "community organizer" comment really hurts the people that make up all campaigns and street level organizations. I really took offense to that one since I've been a part of that.

Anyway, back to the point of this post, seriously, who cares? Because she said lipstick and now he said lipstick, it's a political assault!? I can clearly see how people can make the jump and attempt to make the connection, but, it is a common colloquialism throughout parts of the country. I think that because the media played up the pit bull comment from her speech that they're beyond anxious to jump on this.

Honestly, many people have said it and this isn't a serious gaffe. Obama didn't say she was gonna go running behind her apron strings like that tool from Fox News did about Hillary and no one has said anything racist about Obama. Those would be things to talk about. Not some dumb *** common saying from the midwest. Hell, I say it about Windows Vista all the time.

What-the-f-ever. we need to focus on things that matter, not TMZ bullsh*t.

S.

ohall
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Ha...but snide and condescending may win it for the right...which is sad. I really saw nothing but a high school girl talking sh*t up on stage with Palin's speech. Not to mention that the whole "community organizer" comment really hurts the people that make up all campaigns and street level organizations. I really took offense to that one since I've been a part of that.

Anyway, back to the point of this post, seriously, who cares? Because she said lipstick and now he said lipstick, it's a political assault!? I can clearly see how people can make the jump and attempt to make the connection, but, it is a common colloquialism throughout parts of the country. I think that because the media played up the pit bull comment from her speech that they're beyond anxious to jump on this.

Honestly, many people have said it and this isn't a serious gaffe. Obama didn't say she was gonna go running behind her apron strings like that tool from Fox News did about Hillary and no one has said anything racist about Obama. Those would be things to talk about. Not some dumb *** common saying from the midwest. Hell, I say it about Windows Vista all the time.

S.

That is not a resume builder to be President of the USA. That is the point.

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM

S.

Great post.

Both candidates have used the lipstick on a pig reference, per the link I posted. This righteousness coming out is astounding.

FinFatale
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
IMO it would benefit Hillary's personal desires if Senator Obama didn't win this election............if would much easier for her to take another shot at being President in 2012

BlueFin
09-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Obama: The gift that keeps on giving!

Way to fire up those Hillary voters Barack!

Is he trying to Lose?

BlueFin
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM

So he's either offensive, or very very unoriginal, either way...Barack loses.

Clipse
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
IMO it would benefit Hillary's personal desires if Senator Obama didn't win this election............if would much easier for her to take another shot at being President in 2012
Totally agree.

Clipse
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
So he's either offensive, or very very unoriginal, either way...Barack loses.
Either way work's for me, as long as he loses. And to think, I thought I was a democrat, but man I can't stand Obama. MP08!

FinFatale
09-10-2008, 12:30 PM

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/elections/story.aspx?storyid=89309&catid=36

Clinton refuses to attack Palin

Dolphan7
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I was thinking the same thing. 2016 is too late for Hillary to run again. 2012 is just 4 short years away. A McCain POTUS will give Hillary another shot in 2012, and this time she just may get it.

And so why doesn't she attack Palin? Because in 4 short years anything she says bad about a women candidate in 2008 will come back to haunt her then.

Good catch Finfatale!

poornate
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Nice profile pic btw. If that's the family, you got a good looking gaggle there Nate

That's us... on the little piece of earth I own... it's really too small to see anyone... But honestly, WZ has a pic of himself up and I like having a picture in my head of who I am speaking to... it makes it, i don't know, more human i guess...
LMAO at gaggle... hadn't heard that in a while...:lol:

poornate
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
That is not a resume builder to be President of the USA. That is the point.

What is? Actor? Farmer? College president?

ohall
09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
What is? Actor? Farmer? College president?

That actor, I believe was a 2 term Governor of California. I think history has shown that farmer was far from ready and I can't recall who the college President was.

Obama was well on his way before he tried to run for President. But being in the US Senate for just 1+ years at the time is beyond hubris to think you are ready to be President of the USA. Maybe he should have at least completed 1 term in the Senate before he did what he did? Because of that ppl will tend to bring up his days as a community organizer.

FinFatale
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
That's us... on the little piece of earth I own... it's really too small to see anyone... But honestly, WZ has a pic of himself up and I like having a picture in my head of who I am speaking to... it makes it, i don't know, more human i guess...
LMAO at gaggle... hadn't heard that in a while...:lol:

Beautiful family! You really should name yourself Lucky Nate by the looks of that picture. One can have all the money in the world but without children or a family to share good times and bad times with what does he really have?

BAMAPHIN 22
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/22/politics/main3193625.shtml) on Wednesday accused Republican John McCain's (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/22/politics/main3193619.shtml) campaign of using "lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics" in claiming he used a sexist comment against vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/29/politics/main4397232.shtml).

Calling it "the latest made-up controversy by the John McCain campaign," Obama responded to the Republicans' charge that he was referring to Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" at a campaign stop Tuesday.

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics. Enough is enough," he said.

Obama's reference was to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an outside group that in 2004 made unsubstantiated allegations about Democratic nominee John Kerry's decorated military record in Vietnam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/10/politics/main4434087.shtml

phinman1
09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Let's see, the party that called Kerry a traitor and coward even though he went to war for his country and was shot at is now upset with the "lipstick" comment? What a ******* joke.

The GOP has false indignation down to an art form.

As for Palin. She is a complete moron. Plain and simple. This is a woman who thinks dinosaurs walked the earth 4000 years ago, wants creationism taught in schools, and would prefer books she doesn't agree with be banned.

You want this b**** a heartbeat away from the Presidency? If you look at actuary tables, there is over a 30 percent chance McCain would die in his first term. President Palin? Are you ******* kidding me? Why this isn't being talked about more is beyond me.

ohall
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Let's see, the party that called Kerry a traitor and coward even though he went to war for his country and was shot at is now upset with the "lipstick" comment? What a ******* joke.

As for Palin. She is a complete moron. Plain and simple. This is a woman who thinks dinosaurs walked the earth 4000 years ago, wants creationism taught in schools, and would prefer books she doesn't agree with be banned.

You want this b**** a heartbeat away from the Presidency? If you look at actuary tables, there is over a 30 percent chance McCain would die in his first term. President Palin? Are you ******* kidding me? Why this isn't being talked about more is beyond me.

Wow this stuff must really be hitting home. You guys sure seem worried.

lol

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 02:51 PM

lol

Over a VP choice no less. And as far as them worrying about mcCain dying, how come they never worry about Obama being asassinated by some backwoods racist white redneck clinging to his gun and religion?
Last i checked, Obama was running against Mccain, not palin.....but he's doing everything he can not to take on McCain...whatsupwitdat

Remember, Obama said words meant something.....go look at his and get back to me with what ya find :lol:

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 03:05 PM

Hey Matt Damon!

phinman1
09-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Matt Damon!

You seemingly miss nothing.;)

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM
You seemingly miss nothing.;)

He actually had some great points. Do we want someone who thinks there were dinosaurs 4000 years ago having access to the nuclear codes?

phinman1
09-10-2008, 03:29 PM

lol

You miss the point. lol

My post says nothing about worrying about who wins or loses. It worries about a potential VP of this country and therefore a potential President, be it Democrat or Republican, who is a complete idiot.

phinman1
09-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Over a VP choice no less. And as far as them worrying about mcCain dying, how come they never worry about Obama being asassinated by some backwoods racist white redneck clinging to his gun and religion?
Last i checked, Obama was running against Mccain, not palin.....but he's doing everything he can not to take on McCain...whatsupwitdat

Remember, Obama said words meant something.....go look at his and get back to me with what ya find :lol:

Sure, Obama supporters worry about that. However, here is the simple and obvious answer when it comes to a VP choice and the proverbial "one heartbeat away from the Presidency"---Obama has chosen someone in Biden who is at least capable of leading and has the respect of foreign leaders.

McCain has chosen an.........idiot. A moron. A religious fool. A female version of Bush if you will.

ih8brady
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
He actually had some great points. Do we want someone who thinks there were dinosaurs 4000 years ago having access to the nuclear codes?

That's just the tip of the fundamentalist iceberg. She seems to be one of those extremists who thinks the rapture is coming very soon and very comfortable with the World ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-RvcuY5luo

BlueFin
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Are there still people out there that think John Kerry was a hero?

I thought everyone was finally enlightened as to this fraud.

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Sure, Obama supporters worry about that. However, here is the simple and obvious answer when it comes to a VP choice and the proverbial "one heartbeat away from the Presidency"---Obama has chosen someone in Biden who is at least capable of leading and has the respect of foreign leaders.

McCain has chosen an.........idiot. A moron. A religious fool. A female version of Bush if you will.

Really? Care to tell me which foreign leaders? Care to elaborate on what Biden has led?

Unless it's talking to the man running the 7-11, my guess is Biden has little to no respect from foreign leaders beyond what the title of U.S. Senator commands...which again is little to none

phinman1
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Really? Care to tell me which foreign leaders? Care to elaborate on what Biden has led?

Unless it's talking to the man running the 7-11, my guess is Biden has little to no respect from foreign leaders beyond what the title of U.S. Senator commands...which again is little to none

What do you care? As someone who seemingly supports a Palin Vice Presidency, and therefore potential Presidency, I would think the VP nominee needn't have any credentials for you to consider them.

As for what Biden has done as to foreign policy, he has met with leaders all over the world for decades, and yes, has a high level of respect from many of them. If you indeed would like to know just how much, then google him.

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
What do you care? As someone who seemingly supports a Palin Vice Presidency, and therefore potential Presidency, I would think the VP nominee needn't have any credentials for you to consider them.

As for what Biden has done as to foreign policy, he has met with leaders all over the world for decades, and yes, has a high level of respect from many of them. If you indeed would like to know just how much, then google him.

And since you either don't care to, or more likely can not, name any of them, you once again throw out your opinion like it's a fact.

Google that :rolleyes:

ohall
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
You miss the point. lol

My post says nothing about worrying about who wins or loses. It worries about a potential VP of this country and therefore a potential President, be it Democrat or Republican, who is a complete idiot.

No my friend you missed the point.

I don't know if you are a DEM or not, but recently more and more DEM's appear to be quite short tempered and appear to be very desperate because their guy Obama is not doing so well in the national polls.

You know what happens to shooting stars right? I think it's quite possible Obama may have peaked a little too soon.

ohall
09-10-2008, 05:58 PM

Let's be honest, Palin has more experience than Obama and as much experience as Biden.

FYI the only religious fool is Obama. He sat in an American hating bigots church for 20-years.

ohall
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
That's just the tip of the fundamentalist iceberg. She seems to be one of those extremists who thinks the rapture is coming very soon and very comfortable with the World ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-RvcuY5luo

As compared to Obama's church?

Do we really want go down this road again? I don't think Obama wins this.

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Are there still people out there that think John Kerry was a hero?

I thought everyone was finally enlightened as to this fraud.

Military experience means military experience. We can't just throw it out because of their political affiliation.

tucker
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
would it have been better if he used a different animal? i mean this is one of the dumbest non stories ever

Dolphan7
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Military experience means military experience. We can't just throw it out because of their political affiliation.Well....actually.....Kerry threw his out when he threw his medals away in protest of the war.

poornate
09-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Let's be honest, Palin has more experience than Obama and as much experience as Biden.

You can love Palin... but no one believes this when it is said....

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't mean to sound contrarian, but there are lot's of people who believe it. The woman is creating quite a stir.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Well....actually.....Kerry threw his out when he threw his medals away in protest of the war.

Nothing can take away service once it's complete. Kerry was a boy of privilege who decided to serve in the Navy. He served honorably and with valor. Likewise, no matter how many lies and hypocrisies McCain tells in this campaign or the corruption he committed in office, nothing will ever change the fact that he endured hell in the name of his country while being a POW.

As for protesting the war, only a brute or someone ignorant of colonial oppression could honestly in hindsight support that failed war.

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:29 AM

Obama believes it and knows it. His campaign has been going after her so hard.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't mean to sound contrarian, but there are lot's of people who believe it. The woman is creating quite a stir.

Any proof? Any proof of anyone who wasn't a die hard McCain supporter beforehand? Biden has been in national politics since the early 1970s, longer than McCain. Obama has been in his past two elected offices longer than Palin in her last two elected offices.

poornate
09-11-2008, 12:35 AM

She is creating quite a stir...and i understand that... but why? Besides for being a new face... all she has done is deliver a memorized stump speech and freak out people who aren't in "the base"....

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Any proof? Any proof of anyone who wasn't a die hard McCain supporter beforehand? Biden has been in national politics since the early 1970s, longer than McCain. Obama has been in his past two elected offices longer than Palin in her last two elected offices.

She has executive experience, no one on either ticket has that, not even McCain. For anyone to say 2 years of experience in the Senate is even the same as 2 years as Governor experience is simply fooling themselves. Executive experience is worth its weight in gold when it comes to running for President. Governors are generally favored for running for President for that reason.

In a year when 3 out of the 4 ppl on BOTH tickets are Senator's her executive experience is quite impressive.

Undicided IND's and white women have been rushing to McCain since he named Palin his VP.

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:44 AM
She is creating quite a stir...and i understand that... but why? Besides for being a new face... all she has done is deliver a memorized stump speech and freak out people who aren't in "the base"....

My gosh. What has Obama done? Don't you see how hypocritical you guys sound?

She was a mayor and governor, that trumps anything Obama has ever done in his political life and she is the #2 on McCain's ticket.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 12:53 AM
She has executive experience, no one on either ticket has that, not even McCain. For anyone to say 2 years of experience in the Senate is even the same as 2 years as Governor experience is simply fooling themselves. Executive experience is worth its weight in gold when it comes to running for President. Governors are generally favored for running for President for that reason.

In a year when 3 out of the 4 ppl on BOTH tickets are Senator's her executive experience is quite impressive.

Undicided IND's and white women have been rushing to McCain since he named Palin his VP.

Which is why Richardson, Romney, and Huckabee were so favored and well received by voters. lol. You're the one fooling yourself. Experience is not a strength for Palin and if she and McCain are going to convince swing voters and women, they'll have to do so with issues

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Which is why Richardson, Romney, and Huckabee were so favored and well received by voters. lol. You're the one fooling yourself. Experience is not a strength for Palin and if she and McCain are going to convince swing voters and women, they'll have to do so with issues

How many Presidents were Senators before they were President? 15

How many Presidents were Governors before they were President? 20

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:31 AM
How many Presidents were Senators before they were President? 15

How many Presidents were Governors before they were President? 20

Was the country in shambles during those 15 administrations? This just demonstrates a slightly more frequent coincident.

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Was the country in shambles during those 15 administrations? This just demonstrates a slightly more frequent coincident.

I am always amazed just how far some of you will go to try to prove your point.

It was not a stretch to say pre-Obama that Executive experience is far more valuable when it comes to running for the office of President of the USA.

But go ahead, keep say it isn't.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:44 AM

It was not a stretch to say pre-Obama that Executive experience is far more valuable when it comes to running for the office of President of the USA.

If Obama is going to be a bad president because he is a senator instead of a governor, than McCain will be bad as well.

Hell, the Senate is just a rock'n roll job anyway. Let's just rid ourselves of the Legislative Branch, eh? :rolleyes:

poornate
09-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Then therefore it is also fair to say that having practiced law is also very important.... Obama seems to have the edge there... or perhaps education... Obama edge.... You can go on and on with this...

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:56 AM
If Obama is going to be a bad president because he is a senator instead of a governor, than McCain will be bad as well.

Hell, the Senate is just a rock'n roll job anyway. Let's just rid ourselves of the Legislative Branch, eh? :rolleyes:

lol like I said keep implying what you are implying. Legislative jobs are not near as demanding as Executive jobs.

Senators don't run anything, very much unlike a Governor. If they are lucky they chair some useless commission or hearing.

So yes based on that I think many ppl in fact think Palin is far more prepared to be President than Obama is right now. I'd say she's as prepared as Biden is. Biden is more prepared to be President than Obama is.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
So, if Obama nominated David Patterson instead of Joe Biden, you'd be quiet about this ridiculous issue? Somehow, I doubt that.

ohall
09-11-2008, 02:08 AM
So, if Obama nominated David Patterson instead of Joe Biden, you'd be quiet about this ridiculous issue? Somehow, I doubt that.

No if he nominated a Governor his in-experience would be even more exposed. This is why he had to chose another Senator. Plus he needed someone to shield him from another major weakness, foreign affairs. Biden had to be his choice.

I don't think this is a ridiculous issue at all. I think during a time of war we must have a commander in chief that won't need on the job training. That's the major reason why I am voting for McCain. Foreign affairs is his strength.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 02:26 AM
No if he nominated a Governor his in-experience would be even more exposed. This is why he had to chose another Senator. Plus he needed someone to shield him from another major weakness, foreign affairs. Biden had to be his choice.

I don't think this is a ridiculous issue at all. I think during a time of war we must have a commander in chief that won't need on the job training. That's the major reason why I am voting for McCain. Foreign affairs is his strength.

And why is foreign affairs his strength? Like his best buddy GW Bush, he doesn't know the difference between the names of Islamic sects let alone any possible quelling of sectarian violence. He also has admitted several times that he is ignorant on economic issues, which is the most presssing issue on this country.....Like you said, we must have a commander in chief that won't need on the job training.

Plus, McCain has no executive experience. Never governor.

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
And why is foreign affairs his strength? Like his best buddy GW Bush, he doesn't know the difference between the names of Islamic sects let alone any possible quelling of sectarian violence. He also has admitted several times that he is ignorant on economic issues, which is the most presssing issue on this country.....Like you said, we must have a commander in chief that won't need on the job training.

Plus, McCain has no executive experience. Never governor.

No he didn't. He simply said it was not his strength like foreign affairs is strength and he would consult experts on the subject. As an IND thinker I would hope you knew that. Just like I would know he didn't say he wanted to stay in Iraq for 100-years. Obama is playing old style politics when he went around telling these TWO lies about McCain. Yet I never saw any of you IND thinkers complain about that.

McCain was not my 1st choice, but when his opponent only has 2 years of experience in the Senate McCain is the clear choice if you are looking for experience.

Tetragrammaton
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM

I think this is a very good point, and speaks to a major issue.

People, for whatever reason, dislike Congress. I don't mean the current Congress and the members, but the idea of Congress. Some people favor one hugely powerful figure more than they realize.

When Clinton ran in 1992, he had been governor for a while. Republicans said his experience of running a small state was insignificant. Now, when Palin is governor of a less populous state for less time, the conservatives forget this.

I trust the experience of a Senator over most Governors. If you picked the more populous states, like California and Texas, I would agree, but most governorships are largely ceremonial.

ohall
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I think this is a very good point, and speaks to a major issue.

People, for whatever reason, dislike Congress. I don't mean the current Congress and the members, but the idea of Congress. Some people favor one hugely powerful figure more than they realize.

When Clinton ran in 1992, he had been governor for a while. Republicans said his experience of running a small state was insignificant. Now, when Palin is governor of a less populous state for less time, the conservatives forget this.

I trust the experience of a Senator over most Governors. If you picked the more populous states, like California and Texas, I would agree, but most governorships are largely ceremonial.

Yes the IND thinker strikes again.