PDA

View Full Version : Damon rips Palin, calls her 'terrifying'

BAMAPHIN 22
09-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Admirers say Sarah Palin's compelling narrative and working-mom credentials helped land her a spot on the Republican presidential ticket, but Hollywood star and Obama supporter Matt Damon said Monday the Alaska governor's story more resembles a "really bad Disney movie."

In a blunt interview with the Associated Press (http://www.breitbart.tv/html/171553.html), the star of the Jason Bourne film series also said there was a good chance John McCain would die in his first term in office and the thought of a President Palin is "terrifying."

“It’s like a really bad Disney movie — the hockey mom…from Alaska, and she’s the president, and it’s like she’s facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink. And it’s absurd, it’s totally absurd, and I don't understand why people aren’t talking about how absurd it is," Damon said.http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

MoFinz
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Aint America great? A one character actor gets to have an opinion on politics promoted by the media as real news. Find that in Cuba or Venezuela or Iran.

ohall
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
the hockey mom…from Alaska, and she’s the president, and it’s like she’s facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink.

If a CON said anything close to what he said here they would be dragged through the mud a sexists and elitist. I some how doubt the same will even come close to happening to him. I love his acting, but any hockey mom is more qualified IMO to have an opinion on politics over him.

phinfan3411
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
No, no guys he is right. I love to have lawyer after lawyer after lawyer after lawyer after lawyer to choose from on the Democratic side.

How long has it been since they nominated ANYONE that ran anything other than after ambulances?

Ferretsquig
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
We managed to survive eight years of one dumb redneck....I think we could survive a couple years of another. Its probably what all the hicks want anyways....that should be their new slogan. "There is a good chance this woman becomes the president: Vote McCain"

phinfan3411
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
We managed to survive eight years of one dumb redneck....I think we could survive a couple years of another. Its probably what all the hicks want anyways....that should be their new slogan. "There is a good chance this woman becomes the president: Vote McCain"

Bravo! Great Post!

Sincerely
One of the "Hicks"

Clipse
09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Matt Damon is a douchebag. Who gives a **** what he has to say really?

Dolphins9954
09-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Everytime I see Matt Damon I think of TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE. Really funny movie from the guys of South Park.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Here's a video clip from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM

Dolphan7
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Matt Damon = :napoleon:

ih8brady
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Everytime I see Matt Damon I think of TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE. Really funny movie from the guys of South Park.

That's creepy....:foundout:

Tetragrammaton
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I am never a fan of celebrity politics, but he does have a point. Does she really think there were dinosaurs 4000 years ago?

tucker
09-10-2008, 11:15 PM

lol..i thought the same thing

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:31 AM
I am never a fan of celebrity politics, but he does have a point. Does she really think there were dinosaurs 4000 years ago?

Umm why don't you want to know that about Obama as well, he's a Christian no? Why didn't the movie star want to know that about Obama?

At least with him I can understand, he doesn't make any bones about it, he's a LIB.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Umm why don't you want to know that about Obama as well, he's a Christian no? Why didn't the movie star want to know that as well?

At least with him I can understand, he doesn't make any bones about it, he's a LIB.

Because Obama is a Christian, but not a fundamentalist. :rolleyes: He's a supporter of science. Mainstream Christians denounce creationism as did the late Pope John Paul II.

ohall
09-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Because Obama is a Christian, but not a fundamentalist. :rolleyes: He's a supporter of science. Mainstream Christians denounce creationism as did the late Pope John Paul II.

The leader of the Catholic church denounced creationism? I've never heard of such a thing.

As far as I know to be a Christian you have to believe in God and the Bible.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 12:58 AM
The leader of the Catholic church denounced creationism? I've never heard of such a thing.

As far as I know to be a Christian you have to believe in God and the Bible.

This is a fallacy called false dichotomy. There's nothing stopping one from believing in evolution and Jesus. Nice try though to spin it.

Tetragrammaton
09-11-2008, 01:04 AM

Very true. Here is a funny fundamentalist op-ed on it.

http://www.reformation.org/creation.html

While Obama, McCain, and Biden are all Christians, none of them have ever said anything to make me think that they were fundamentalists. Palin, however, is one.

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 01:13 AM
This is a fallacy called false dichotomy. There's nothing stopping one from believing in evolution and Jesus. Nice try though to spin it.Ok you got me. I couldn't ignore this.

You are right. There is nothing stopping anyone from believing in evolution and Jesus. Nothing at all.

Just don't try to explain both in harmony with one another either.

The theistic evolutionists have been throughly debunked some time ago.

But that doesn't stop people from believing it.

poornate
09-11-2008, 01:13 AM
McCain is a secularist... I know what he says now... but I have never heard anything about him and religion... i always heard the opposite... that he was not into organized religion...

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 01:15 AM

While Obama, McCain, and Biden are all Christians, none of them have ever said anything to make me think that they were fundamentalists. Palin, however, is one.That would be another great question to ask during the debates wouldn't it?

poornate
09-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Ok you got me. I couldn't ignore this.

You are right. There is nothing stopping anyone from believing in evolution and Jesus. Nothing at all.

Just don't try to explain both in harmony with one another either.

The theistic evolutionists have been throughly debunked some time ago.

But that doesn't stop people from believing it.

How can adherents to one theory with no absolute proof debunk adhernets to another theory with no absolute proof?

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 01:24 AM
How can adherents to one theory with no absolute proof debunk adhernets to another theory with no absolute proof?That isn't the issue. That is for the religion forum, again.

The issue is the attempt to blend the two together.

And I guess that is your answer as well.

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:27 AM

While Obama, McCain, and Biden are all Christians, none of them have ever said anything to make me think that they were fundamentalists. Palin, however, is one.

Seems like if you are going to be curious about Palin as an IND thinker you sould want to know where Obama stands on this issue since he says he is a Christian.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Seems like if you are going to be curious about Palin as an IND thinker you sould want to know where Obama stands on this issue since he says he is a Christian.

He has already said in interviews that the science classroom should teach scientific theories, not promoting religious ideas.

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:31 AM
He has already said in interviews that the science classroom should teach scientific theories, not promoting religious ideas.

That's not an answer. That's just another Obama non-answer.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:32 AM
That's not an answer. That's just another Obama non-answer.

How clear do you want it? No, he does not believe in creationism. This was covered in the Democratic debates and in various interviews.

ohall
09-11-2008, 01:40 AM
How clear do you want it? No, he does not believe in creationism. This was covered in the Democratic debates and in various interviews.

lol that is an answer.

IMO that is even worse.

Can't wait to hear Palin's answer.

BlueFin
09-11-2008, 01:42 AM
So "Will Hunting" is a left winger, what a shocker, he does hail from the peoples republic of Massachussets.

Guess what Jason Bourne? Nobody cares....how do you like them apples?

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 01:45 AM
How clear do you want it? No, he does not believe in creationism. This was covered in the Democratic debates and in various interviews.This is why he has such a hard time passing himself off as a christian.

Christians believe in the bible. Everything we know of Jesus we learn from the bible. Jesus affirmed the bible, especially the OT. The bible teaches creationism. Can't separate the two.

I hope the question comes up because it will expose him for what he isn't.

And I would be very interested in Mr McCains answers just as much, because I think he is evasive on these issues.

Ferretsquig
09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Can't wait to hear Palin's answer.

I think we can deduce that one. The lady was a member of the pentecostal church. You don't find many evangelicals crazier than those guys.

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
This is why he has such a hard time passing himself off as a christian.

Christians believe in the bible. Everything we know of Jesus we learn from the bible. Jesus affirmed the bible, especially the OT. The bible teaches creationism. Can't separate the two.

I hope the question comes up because it will expose him for what he isn't.

And I would be very interested in Mr McCains answers just as much, because I think he is evasive on these issues.

McCain said he believed in evolution, but that it's good's handiwork. Is he not a real Christian? Is it fundie or bust for Christianity?

The bible also promotes geocentricism. Are you not a Christian if you believe the Earth revolves around the Sun?

Dolphan7
09-11-2008, 02:23 AM
McCain said he believed in evolution, but that it's good's handiwork. Is he not a real Christian? Is it fundie or bust for Christianity?Then he is misguided, as are most if not all theistic Evolutionists.

The bible also promotes geocentricism. Are you not a Christian if you believe the Earth revolves around the Sun?Another misguided group. And there are many misguided cults and spinoffs from the Bible. So no need to list them in your next post.

I am not going to say if people are saved or not. That is up to God. But Jesus does tell us that we will know them by their fruits. We will know them by what they say, and what they do, and what they say about Him and the bible.

All I can conclude by this is - if one is following the core beliefs of Christianity by their deeds, their words and their actions.

And I will keep my conclusions to myself.

poornate
09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

I don't recall him ever saying that he didn't believe in creationism... I recall him saying something about evolution... Despite some opinions, I know a lot of people that believe that God created evolution... God created, and by design, it evolved... I'm just clarifying here, on something I didn't hear...