PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Hillary Clinton ‘Might Have Been a Better Pick’ for VP

BAMAPHIN 22
09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Joe Biden said Wednesday that Hillary Clinton “might have been a better pick than me” to be Barack Obama’s running mate.

The Delaware senator was responding to an audience member at a town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., who criticized Clinton and said it’s a good thing Obama chose Biden over her.

“Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Lets get that straight,” Biden said in Clinton’s defense.

“She’s easily qualified to be vice president … and quite frankly, might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate. I mean that sincerely. She is first rate. So let’s get that straight,” he said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/biden-hillary-clinton-might-have-been-a-better-pick-for-vp/

Clipse
09-11-2008, 08:45 AM
About time Biden is right on something.

LouPhinFan
09-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Hmmm...think Biden might find a reason to conviently "step down" to allow someone else to be picked...

FinFatale
09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I think Senator Biden may be playing be playing up to the women with his acknowledgment of a woman's talents...........and that a woman could take his position...........yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL He is trying to reel in some of the votes that Senator Obama's lost putting him on the ticket instead of Senator Clinton.
I really do think that Senator Obama made a HUGE mistake not nominating Senator Clinton for VP. I don't care for her personally but many others do.

Eshlemon
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I think Senator Biden may be playing be playing up to the women with his acknowledgment of a woman's talents...........and that a woman could take his position...........yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL He is trying to reel in some of the votes that Senator Obama's lost putting him on the ticket instead of Senator Clinton.
I really do think that Senator Obama made a HUGE mistake not nominating Senator Clinton for VP. I don't care for her personally but many others do.

If that where the case, IMO it would have the opposite affect. "Why was my Hilary left off the ticket?"

Expecting Ferraro to blast the sexist Democratic party again.

poornate
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
She already has... By the way... I think in this quote he was gracious and he was referring, mostly, to the political implications of the pick in reality.... Not EVERYONE picks a VP for national brownie points... some make their selections according to what is best for the nation and for input on administration...

ohall
09-13-2008, 01:14 AM
He's right.