PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper Will Be A Patriot!!!!

RocKStaR
09-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Watch him just light it up.. U know he will....

Sources have told Pro Football Central ( yes the same source who told us about the Brady news first and that was dead on accurate) that quarterback Daunte Culpepper has not yet filed his retirement papers into the league and that already Patriots WR Randy Moss has been very vocal about getting Culpepper into town for a visit. The Patriots are, as the source states willing to bring Daunte in for a physical (which he passed in Pittsburgh)and go from there. Our take, this is 110% exactly what Culpepper was looking for during the offseason, a chance to start, play with a playoff team and play with Randy Moss and this is his chance and he will take whatever New England offers him to play for this tea

XXXSURTAINXXX
09-11-2008, 05:58 AM
I actually hope he suceeds

MiamiDolfan85
09-11-2008, 06:01 AM

Sources have told Pro Football Central ( yes the same source who told us about the Brady news first and that was dead on accurate) that quarterback Daunte Culpepper has not yet filed his retirement papers into the league and that already Patriots WR Randy Moss has been very vocal about getting Culpepper into town for a visit. The Patriots are, as the source states willing to bring Daunte in for a physical (which he passed in Pittsburgh)and go from there. Our take, this is 110% exactly what Culpepper was looking for during the offseason, a chance to start, play with a playoff team and play with Randy Moss and this is his chance and he will take whatever New England offers him to play for this tea
BB is NEVER going to let CP star over Cassel...period:shakeno:

emeraldfin
09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Culpepper would have to come in to a new city, new team, new playbook and new scheme. It would take him at least to week 6 before he would have any chance of starting. Lets not forget that Culpepper did not have a pre-season. Its not as if he was cut a few weeks ago so it would take him awhile to get up to speed playing the game at NFL level again.

maven
09-11-2008, 06:12 AM

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

PENNDOLPHAN
09-11-2008, 06:49 AM

WTF? Why? I hope he fails

hemidemon
09-11-2008, 06:55 AM
He won't be lighting anything up. It'll be more like warming up, the bench.

nosleep
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Good for him, hope he does well.

Taysia
09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Culpepper will not be a patriot.. he is not a Belicheat player. Matt already knows the patriot complicated playbook. Anyone who signs with the patriots is a back up and culpepper does not want to be a back up because if he did, he would be working now. Let's stop going back to 1998 Culpepper is not that good anymore with or without Moss.

GoonBoss
09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
It would surprise me if Culpepper became a patriot. That said, they did send Tim Rattay and someone else home without so much as a workout after flying them in.....So...Who knows?

Dfan06
09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
WTF? Why? I hope he fails

why? because we treated him with class! and put him in a position to succeed when we he was here?

raving
09-11-2008, 08:23 AM
I do believe the Miami Dolphins owe that let down artist a thing or two.

I say lets put him on the learning curve and back into retirement!

Bring it on fool!

PHINANALYST
09-11-2008, 08:34 AM
we DID treat him well ... WE did not force him to play, neither did the coaching staff or FO. HE wanted to play, and no one had the cojones to tell him to sit down.

WE did nothing wrong with DC ... except choose him over Brees.

burger13
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
why? because we treated him with class! and put him in a position to succeed when we he was here?

...because it would be in New England. Division rival. We play them twice.

It amazes me that people around here wish death upon an all-time Dolphins great like Jason Taylor, yet somehow feel loyalty who played 4 or 5 poor games for this team.

Brassmonki14120
09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
ESPN on why Pep wont be a patriot:

Since Culpepper shredded his right knee in October 2005, he has been sacked 42 times, or once every 7.6 pass attempts...

In 2006 and 2007, Brady was hit 86 times while throwing in the regular season, tying him with Carson Palmer for the most shots absorbed.

That's a stunning stat considering the left side of the Patriots' lineup is comprised of Pro Bowlers and they allowed 21 sacks last year, the team's fewest in 30 years.

Culpepper was sacked 21 times in his four games with the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) in 2006.

But maybe Brady's willingness to take a hit and still get rid of the ball made everybody look that much better.

An immobile Culpepper doesn't look like a suitable fit.
Whole article- http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-68/Culpepper-and-Patriots-a-poor-fit.html

ih8brady
09-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I hope he starts soon for New England. Anyone could tear him apart!

shula_guy
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM
If they dont sign him will Randy Moss pout over it

SpurzN703
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM

He'll be signed tomorrow, practice for a week and then throw 8 TDs against the Phins.

Book it

retired opfinistic
09-11-2008, 03:35 PM
He'll be signed tomorrow, practice for a week and then throw 8 TDs against the Phins.

Book it:err: Sad, but prolly true. His win over the Fins last year still frosts my nuts. **** You Pepper!